Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Omg Anake 3 weeks more and bubs could appear any time!! Are you going to start raspberry leaf tea? here midwives recommend it from 34weeks on to hopefully encourage the onset of natural labour.

In Canada does the midwive attend to you most of the time? cause if I am not mskung a mistake in sone countries you have to wait for the doctor to hsve a baby delivered. Here docs just check on you and only in emergencies or c sections they appear.

Midwives are not as popular here. Mostly nurses and your obstetrician.

Hi girls!

Angel - thanks for the reassurance about the beta numbers. I am really nervous atm - worried that because i want this baby so much that something will go wrong. I just find it hard to relax. I dont want to buy anything yet (even though there has been a lot of really cheap and nice second hand bassinets on one of the FB buy and sell sites near me) because i am too scared i will jinx the pregnancy. Oh and stop googling!! It will make you be driven mad - trust me. I am a chronic googler - and really wish i wasnt!! LOL

Star - my DF was like that - always telling me that it would happen when it was meant to and all that. Sometimes i used to get really annoyed with him for being so positive. It is a blessing though sometimes - and other times its just annoying. Here's hoping you and Pdubs fall pg sooner rather than later. *hugs*

I was really tiny with my last girl - i didnt even look pg at 34-35 weeks the day before i had her! Someone saw me with the baby and they were like 'i didn't know you were pg!' lol I cant wait to start showing with this one - i miss my baby bumps. Cant believe everyone here is so far ahead of me!
Oh well i guess it means i get to see all the awesome baby photos!!

Here in Australia we mainly see Midwives too - only see the OB once a month and if anything goes wrong. The Midwives help us give birth and there aren't any doctors involved most of the time. Its awesome!

Argh - vent here - i have my 8 yr old home sick from school here and he is driving me nuts! He is going to school tomorrow whether he wants to or not! A million questions and nagging!! lol

Anyone else having sinus problems? I have been up the past 2 weeks all night sneezing and itchy/runny nose. Im fine during the day then as soon as I lay down it starts and lasts until about noon the next day :shrug:

Omg Anake 3 weeks more and bubs could appear any time!! Are you going to start raspberry leaf tea? here midwives recommend it from 34weeks on to hopefully encourage the onset of natural labour.

In Canada does the midwive attend to you most of the time? cause if I am not mskung a mistake in sone countries you have to wait for the doctor to hsve a baby delivered. Here docs just check on you and only in emergencies or c sections they appear.

Down here we only have a mid wife if we are using a "birthing center" and not an Ob/gyn and hospital. Which also means au natural, no epidural, no meds, etc...
In other words, I don't even have a mid wife!

When people go into labor here, you call the doc and go to the hospital, and the doc shows up later. The doc does the delivery, but mostly hospital nurses watch over you and stuff, check you once an hour (even if you're screaming your lungs it that something isn't right and making a literally bloody mess, with my second I won't go into every horror, but when i was first checked in I was 3 cm, after being sent home from another hospital, had already been in labor for about 18 hours , and FINALLY the nurse rolled her eyes saying that since I was 3cm just 45 minutes ago - then she changed her tone and said "we need to move you to delivery asap, you're 9 1/2 and almost completely effaced! :dohh: I was saying something was up!)

Anyone else having sinus problems? I have been up the past 2 weeks all night sneezing and itchy/runny nose. Im fine during the day then as soon as I lay down it starts and lasts until about noon the next day :shrug:

Unfortunately I have a stuffy nose everyday I wake up, mine is usually gone by the afternoon. Though it had been raining a lot, pretty much daily, and Florida v is known for allergies, mine only tend to bother me in rainy season, and usually are mild, but every morning it's pretty bad :/

Yep, I hate sinus colds!!! I always seem to only get it on the left side of my face too. Probably because I'm always sleeping on my left. Not really much you can do about it either.

Had a horrible sleep last night. I just couldn't get comfortable :sad1: I feel like a zombie today (get used to it, yeah I know!)

Started to have really bad cramping off and on last night, but it was really inconsistent so I didn't wake up Michael. Eventually after an hour is stopped. He has to be head down because it feels like he's pressing against my lady parts! I feel kinda dehydrated this morning so I probably didn't have enough water yesterday.

Can't believe that in less than 6 weeks I could have a baby! Seems like it was yesterday I got my first positive HPT!

Used up one of my personal leave days at work so I have 5 days off starting tomorrow.

Anake seems like braxton hicks contractions! I usually notice them cause my tummy goes rock hard and feel pressure down there.

Today I nearly collapsed at my prenatal class. The midwife was very nice she put me comfy in a nursing chair with the huge u shaped pillow around me. lol I felt a bif akward especially when I wad nearly half asleep cause after one of my breathing attacks I am soooo tired.

Ah Anake and Confetti you girls are getting so close!!

Oh Anake I'm so excited for you! The first little nut hutter will be here soon :baby: Cant wait for the labor discussions to start taking place and seeing pics of all the newborns!

Star & Pdubbs, any symptoms to report?!?

Ok ladies, so how protected are our little buddies in there? I have been a walking accident lately! During recess at summer school today, I was almost nailed by a basketball in the tummy. I turned at the last second and was nailed in the spine instead. And then we walked inside and someone from a classroom opened a door right into me. All these little casual accidents happen to everyone, right?

Ok ladies, so how protected are our little buddies in there? I have been a walking accident lately! During recess at summer school today, I was almost nailed by a basketball in the tummy. I turned at the last second and was nailed in the spine instead. And then we walked inside and someone from a classroom opened a door right into me. All these little casual accidents happen to everyone, right?
They are pretty well protected - although a basketball to the belly would be scary! Just remember bubs has your whole body around it , then your uterus, which has developed an extra spongey layer since conception,THEN surrounded by amniotic fluid in their own private sac....

Obviously you wasn't to be careful, of course, but don't be overly worried. I was in a bad car accident at 23 weeks with my oldest!

Haha, first little nut hutter....
Gives the affectionate term my little "peanut" a whole new level of meaning! :D

No symptoms yet...feel completely normal...only 6dpo so *if* it happens this time I likely am not even implanted yet so just trying not to think too much about it...what about you star?

No symptoms yet...feel completely normal...only 6dpo so *if* it happens this time I likely am not even implanted yet so just trying not to think too much about it...what about you star?
Good luck! :thumbup: you deserve it!

Ok if I could take a couple of nasty falls reffing (skating) and my little guy is perfectly ok then you should be good :thumbup:. You have more padding than you realize there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->