Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Time passes by so quickly! my hb has only another week left off work and after that my son starts school.on the 23rd so everything will be business as usual time will go by so fast and it will be Christmas in no time. They will be nearly 4 minths old!! I have to find a mini Santa outfit.

Time passes by so quickly! my hb has only another week left off work and after that my son starts school.on the 23rd so everything will be business as usual time will go by so fast and it will be Christmas in no time. They will be nearly 4 minths old!! I have to find a mini Santa outfit.
I love those! I'm totally getting one for Triston! A lil newborn Santa!! The Walmart by me actually sells them, and they are real cute and so soft!

Hey ladies! Anake he is soooo cute and chubby!!! And wugz I love that room, that nursing chair looks so comfy, I know that would turn into my new napping spot. :haha:

Not much going on here, AF came a week early for me and FF says I'm in ovulation time now. Of course I'm not temping or charting anymore so who knows exactly when. Haven't DtD since before my period though because I had an infection from an ingrown hair from shaving :wacko: I only know that's what it was because it happened to me once before and I went to the doc for it. The lymphnode in my groin on whichever side gets swollen and then the infected ingrown hair hurts like a bitch!!! It's gone now though so maybe I'll try to seduce him tonight. :blush:

I would say we are officially NTNP now. It has been long enough since my surgery and also getting pregnant from now on would make the baby due after I'm done with school so the two won't clash (unless it is premature which is totally possible)... but I'm not worried about it happening anytime soon considering how long it took last time.

Oh speaking of which I have a question for you ladies in the US, if you know the answer... what is a good Independent (not through employer) health insurance that covers maternity? I'm looking to get something new, wondering if anybody has any experience with insurance not with an employer. I know most don't cover maternity...

Wugz, love the nursery!! Just got our stuff in over the weekend for ours, so DH has to get some paint and we will be ready to start!

Anake, 1 week already, thats crazy. I love seeing pics of the new babies...gets me so excited!!

Angel-- Hope your symptoms dont result in anything too serious. :hugs: Ill be thinking of you! GL with your glucose testing, Ill be there in a few short weeks!

Nazz-- Not sure about insurance, sorry! I am through my husbands and when I was pregnant with my first I was in College didnt work and wasnt married so I was on the government insurance. Hope you find something good, it gets pretty expensive but obviously worth it :winkwink:

AFM: growing growing growing bump, everyone says I have officially "popped" little guy is getting stronger too, DH and DD fight over who gets to feel the baby kicking :haha: I love it. 3rd trimester coming up!:happydance:

Nazz, I only really know that private insurance, bought on you're own is very expensive. I looked into it years ago, while working at a place that didn't offer insurance, and I spoke with an insurance broker guy (he basically puts in my info and gets estimates from several insurance companies), I think the cheapest was $200 /month, and that was with a high deductible, and low maximum coverage.

Nazz my DH has independent insurance through Humana 1 and is mostly satisfied with them. Expensive, yes... but pretty much all private insurances are. He pays like $160 a month. Make sure you get on with a new insurance company BEFORE you get pregnant, or else maternity definitely won't be covered. My cousin is going through that right now. She was uninsured when she got preggs, and now no one will cover her, even if she was willing to pay lots of $$$$. Her first prenatal appointment cost $1200 uninsured! Now she's looking at government assistance, which I'm sure most states offer some option. In Illinois I know its called the Mom's and Babies program, not sure if they have that in other states?

Yeah I know it sucks. I am still under my parents insurance for some reason, but i think its almost up and it doesnt cover maternity. When I was pregnant I ended up having to get medicaid, but I dont want to have to do that again. Im employed, but it is just a shitty part time job so no insurance. Blahghh.

Wugz, she should be able to go to their local government building and apply for medicaid. Is she married or does she work? With my first I had to go through government assistance and everything was completely free!

Wugz lovely nursery!

afm today I got Nick weighed at the breastfeeding clinic he was born 2.3 and is 2.9kgs pretty good for a breastfeeding baby in 17days.

I have private insurance, but my insurance sucks, so I had to get maternity medicaid.

Yeah I'm starting to realize that medicaid is still going to be the best route for me... I just hate using peoples tax dollars :growlmad: because it isn't like I'm poor or anything! I just don't have maternity insurance and don't have the money for pregnancy out of pocket. Oh well, I guess we gotta do what we gotta do right?

Finally dtd last night :happydance: of course I'm sure all his spermies were old and dead since it had been so long... and I accidentally O'd before him :dohh: so I made my self O again after we were done haha. Maybe it will work...

I took a bath earlier and when I got up to get out I had a tiny pain in both my ovaries... not sure what that means, but maybe ovulation. Maybe our timing was just right. I'm not going to test until after AF is due though, I can't let myself go crazy with POAS like I used to be!

By the way, everyone needs to be posting more baby and bump pics! There aren't enough! Ready, set, GO!

Nazz I had a hard time with medicaid too but my family always said they have paid into it all their lives as have I, so I deserved to use it. That made me feel a little better about it :)

Nazz I had a hard time with medicaid too but my family always said they have paid into it all their lives as have I, so I deserved to use it. That made me feel a little better about it :)

Very good point!!!!!

OK moms - who has had an epidural and who hasn't?

A friend of mine had her baby last night and, even with the epidural, said she could feel evvvvveeeerrryyyyyttthhhiinnnggg. Birthing, tearing, stitches afterwards, all of it. Is this normal?

*terrified*

Yeah I'm starting to realize that medicaid is still going to be the best route for me... I just hate using peoples tax dollars :growlmad: because it isn't like I'm poor or anything! I just don't have maternity insurance and don't have the money for pregnancy out of pocket. Oh well, I guess we gotta do what we gotta do right?

Finally dtd last night :happydance: of course I'm sure all his spermies were old and dead since it had been so long... and I accidentally O'd before him :dohh: so I made my self O again after we were done haha. Maybe it will work...

I took a bath earlier and when I got up to get out I had a tiny pain in both my ovaries... not sure what that means, but maybe ovulation. Maybe our timing was just right. I'm not going to test until after AF is due though, I can't let myself go crazy with POAS like I used to be!
Just think, it's YOUR tax dollars too, and it helps your future baby. It's not anything like "milking the system" don't feel bad about it!

OK moms - who has had an epidural and who hasn't?

A friend of mine had her baby last night and, even with the epidural, said she could feel evvvvveeeerrryyyyyttthhhiinnnggg. Birthing, tearing, stitches afterwards, all of it. Is this normal?

*terrified*

Yeah I thought I felt everything too, but when my second was born, no epidural, the difference is staggering!

Everyone responds to the medication in it differently. My aunt was literally doing her nails at 9 1/2 cm! Plus some people just have a better uterus for that type of thing. Between my scar tissue and surgical clips, it makes contractions extremely painful, and since those parts don't contract, it can actually cause a rupture....

Get the epidural. Trust me.

Oh, and they need you to feel something, otherwise you have a hard time knowing when to push, etc

Cute bump FT! I love it!

And yeah, that is a good way of looking at the medicaid situation... makes me not feel as bad.

OK! so you guys are scaring me now in my decision of going the midwife route and doing a water birth! :ignore: I don't want to think about it LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->