Welcome to the Nut Hut!

I have had both my sons with gas and air and pethidine. No tearing in both but they both werent big babies.

They don't give gas in the USA. Epidural is the most commonly used, though done docs will administer regular pain meds, like Demerol or stadol. But the down side to that is you can't have much, so most of labor you're in a lot of pain. What's pethidine?

No gas maybe you know it by the name Enthonox? it has no side effects for bubs some women have it alone till the end.

Pethidine is an injection which helps to take the edge off the pain.

I got the epidural with my first and honestly didnt feel much at all, I did feel the stitching afterwards so it must have just been wearing off but its different for everyone. At first when they gave it to me I could only feel it on one side of my body so I had to lay on my left side for awhile for everything to work. I am definitely pro epidural!!

I had Demerol via shot and Fentanyl after they managed to get an IV into my arm (8 tries!!). Neither really did anything for the pain. Wasn't until I got my epidural that I was able to relax a bit and get a little sleep. The epidural was so painful to get put in, but I didn't care at that point because it wasn't as bad as the pain of the contractions. She had to do it twice because I was so jumpy and she hit a nerve causing a shooting pain to go down my leg. The second try didn't hurt nearly as much. When they were stitching me up after the c-section I started to get a little bit of burning because I think it was starting to wear off, but it wasn't painful, just annoying mostly. I wasn't prepared for the intense shaking I'd feel after the epidural wore off. It was like I was shivering, but I wasn't cold. The worst side effect I've had from the whole thing is the skin on my entire backside is so dried out. It could be from constantly lying/sitting on it for 4 days.

Yay! Got my wedding rings back on today :D Took them off on September 3 and just got them back over my swollen fingers today.

Hit another milestone today...Evan is 10 days old :hugs:

I'm allowed to start trying to lift him out of his crib/bassinet today, but I think we're going to wait till the weekend to get a few more days of healing first. I can try stairs today too. Depending on how I feel I may take Evan for a walk today. There's a nice park near us, but it's a little further than I've been able to walk so far. My feet are still pretty swollen so walking has been a bit of a challenge.

I hope you heal up quickly, Anake!!!! Thanks for all the epidural info, ladies.

Here's the bumpy!

Attachments

• preg.jpg
    preg.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1
Aww Anake I feel so bad for you, it's good you're doing well though. I couldn't walk for a while after my ectopic surgery... and when I did it was very short distances and I was hunched over like an old lady! I know it's kind of a different situation...

OMG WUGZ YOUR BUMP IS SO LITTLE AND CUTE! lol! I can't believe looking at all your baby tickers that I would have been over 6 months right now too :wacko: OH and I were just talking about how crazy it seems, doesn't seem like it was that long ago to me! Of course you get a bfp when you're already 1 month so, that shaves off a little time. You all look so cute with bumps though! I'm a little jelly... maybe I'll get there soon. :flower:

Anake surgery is though on your body so as long as you have help take it easy.

Wugz that is the cutest bump!

Nazz I hope you ger your bfp soon.

Got to see the little guy in 3 and 4d last night :cloud9: He was being so stubborn at first, totally looking striaght into my uterus so we couldnt see his face then when he finally did turn he put his hands up by his face :haha: gonna have a stubborn little boy! after about 10 minutes of hiding he got a burst of eneergy and finally let us see him, my heart absolutely melted, he is so perfect, I cannot wait for these next 15 weeks to go by so I can just hold him!!!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 551295_10100777299268132_2091263303_n.jpg
    551295_10100777299268132_2091263303_n.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1
I just realized my rendition of an epidural wouldn't be favourable for an expectant mom. Sorry Wugz! Guess it's better to say how it went from my experience instead of sugar coating it.

It's different for everyone...
My epidural was so long ago, but I remember being so terrified, but I tend to think things will be worse than they are, so to me it was actually not as bad as I thought it would be....

I do however, remember EXACTLY how my second labor, sans epidural went, and the difference was staggering. It was so bad - for me the second was NOT easier, not by any means!

Hi ladies. Today I had the school meeting before my sob goes back to school nxt week. I am so excited and a bit scared about how I will make it lol. I have to start waking up ar 6am and usually Nick sleeps the best at that time. He is waking up every hour to feed I can stay topless!! plus he is only sleeping on my chest cause he has colic, even my son had it and at 3months it disappeared thanks God plus he slept through the night as soon as it passed.

Aww I'm sure you'll be fine confetti, tired, but fine lol. I'm sure it will get easier when you get used to the schedule.

Welp, I've been peeing nonstop these past couple of days... Not sure why because I'm not drinking more than usual and I know it would be too early for PG symptoms if I was PG. It is kind of fishy though because I am having smell aversions too. The cleaning chemicals at work are driving me nuts and taking out the trash makes me want to throw up when normally I don't really mind either of those smells, at least not anymore than anyone else.

It's so annoying that whenever I'm not on the pill I get these "pregnancy symptoms" when I'm not pregnant lol, and then the month I was pregnant the only thing I had was sore boobs! But I always have sore boobs from ovulation time until AF, this month I didn't get the sore boobs though WTF IS GOING ON!!!

Aww I'm sure you'll be fine confetti, tired, but fine lol. I'm sure it will get easier when you get used to the schedule.

Welp, I've been peeing nonstop these past couple of days... Not sure why because I'm not drinking more than usual and I know it would be too early for PG symptoms if I was PG. It is kind of fishy though because I am having smell aversions too. The cleaning chemicals at work are driving me nuts and taking out the trash makes me want to throw up when normally I don't really mind either of those smells, at least not anymore than anyone else.

It's so annoying that whenever I'm not on the pill I get these "pregnancy symptoms" when I'm not pregnant lol, and then the month I was pregnant the only thing I had was sore boobs! But I always have sore boobs from ovulation time until AF, this month I didn't get the sore boobs though WTF IS GOING ON!!!
I puked my brains out at 6dpo when I got my bfp....

But this would be like 2 or 3 dpo... totally impossible! I think I'm about 5 dpo now.

That's what happened to me. I was getting all kinds of crazy 'symptoms' the two months I didn't get pregnant and it was the lack of those symptoms that caught my attention in December. I just felt 'different' if that makes any sense.

So I think we've figured out this breastfeeding thing :) My milk seems to have come in and I breastfeed him during the day and we bottle feed at night. We decided to bottle feed at night so Michael can take one feeding and I do the other, and he sleeps 3-4 hours between feedings on the bottle instead of 2-3 hours on the breast. He's gaining weight and has enough wet diapers so it seems to be working for us. I am going to go to the health clinic to see if I'm using the nipple shield properly because my nips hurt! He won't latch on my actual nipple for more than a few seconds before stopping. Got him weighed yesterday at his doctors appointment and he's only a few ounces away from his birth weight. Man no wonder my stomach muscles hurt so bad after he was born!

My cat started acting weird around 3 dpo, and I took a nap at 4 dpo, and I take maybe one nap a year normally.....I think I took 3 naps that 2ww. I'm getting ready to go lie down now too, hubs said he'll make dinner. Thank God! Sometimes the littlest thing can be the biggest help....

My dogs haven't been acting weird, at least not any weirder than they are naturally lol. (BTW yes we got a second dog like a few weeks ago. He was adopted and he is almost 4 months old and weighs 4 pounds he is tiny!)

I've been peeing even more now (I just peed like 3 times in the past hour) and my gums have been bleeding every time I brush since yesterday morning, which never happens. Little cramps here and there. I still think it may be all in my head, but if I am pregnant maybe I'm having more symptoms this time because I had really low hormones last time and it was not a "normal" pregnancy... maybe low hormones means less symptoms... ? :shrug: I'm trying not to go crazy lol! Oh wait... TOO LATE!

Holy crap!! I stepped on the scales this morning and I've LOST 30 pounds!!! I weigh less than I did the day I found out I was pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->