African or African-Americans TTC

Hi Guys,

I am on a few other threads but I figure i fit the profile to join in so may I?! DH and I are TTC#1 and as I stated on the other threads we are have a few 'issues' I have PSOS and we find out what issues his swimmers have this Friday. I'll probably have to take Clomid and get IUI. I have been trying to get my stubborn DH to take vitamins, but until we get the results he is reluctant. We have been TTC for exactly one year and 3 days! Anyway I am glad to be a part of the sisterhood! Fingers crossed for decent news Friday!

Hi Guys,

I am on a few other threads but I figure i fit the profile to join in so may I?! DH and I are TTC#1 and as I stated on the other threads we are have a few 'issues' I have PSOS and we find out what issues his swimmers have this Friday. I'll probably have to take Clomid and get IUI. I have been trying to get my stubborn DH to take vitamins, but until we get the results he is reluctant. We have been TTC for exactly one year and 3 days! Anyway I am glad to be a part of the sisterhood! Fingers crossed for decent news Friday!

Welcome:hugs:.

I too have PCOS and DH had some morphology issues with his sperm. The DR said we would need clomid and we tried it and nothing:shrug:. Right when we were preparing for clomid with IUI, we got preggo:happydance:. We kept putting IUI off month after month because we just wanted to give God time to work and He did after 16 months. So I said all of that to say I pray that everything goes well on friday and that it is only something minor and you catch that BFP!

BTW, we are older too. Im 36 and DH is 37.

Praying for you and DH!:hugs:

Hi Everyone!!!
Im originally from MS but currentlys stationed here in Texas. My dh and I have been trying to conceive for about 5 months. Its been a teary journey, filled with disappointments and why me ??????? But, we still have faith and strongly believe that this is our year to bring a new bundle of joy in the world. We currently have no kids, so having a little one would complete our Family!
I just never knew that it would be this hard, some people make it look so easy
( heavy sigh)

I know EXACTLY how you feel I have a friend and I call her fertile myrtle she doesnt even try and had 2 back to back! I have another close friend who and we were TTC at the same time she got preggo first so now I feel like dang when is my turn. I have a few other friends that either just had a baby and or pregnant. I guess when its my time its my time but I am filled with some of the same "why me's" as you. We have been TTC for 12 months and 3 days so hopefully we will hear some good news. DH and I hit 30 a couple of months ago and I had planned on being knocked up by now (sigh) no such luck. It's funny how we think we can plan things in life like it's so simple! :cry: :flower:

Hi Guys,

I too have PCOS and DH had some morphology issues with his sperm. The DR said we would need clomid and we tried it and nothing:shrug:. Right when we were preparing for clomid with IUI, we got preggo:happydance:. We kept putting IUI off month after month because we just wanted to give God time to work and He did after 16 months. So I said all of that to say I pray that everything goes well on friday and that it is only something minor and you catch that BFP!

Thanks!!!!! I was very nervous and down and out until I found this site. I knew then I wasn't alone. I am still kinda nervous about his results though the GYN said that I don't ovulate every month so she would try the Clomid, but that if his test comes in less than stellar we would need to come in to get the results otherwise he could have given us the results on the phone. Needless to say they said we need to come in for the results. That made me really nervous because she already told me about the IUI and that we would probably have it done. So I would like to know what the results are! ARGH!

Thanks for the prayers too! I will keep you all updated!

Oh yeah I wanna name my daughter Madison too!

Hi Guys,

Thanks!!!!! I was very nervous and down and out until I found this site. I knew then I wasn't alone. I am still kinda nervous about his results though the GYN said that I don't ovulate every month so she would try the Clomid, but that if his test comes in less than stellar we would need to come in to get the results otherwise he could have given us the results on the phone. Needless to say they said we need to come in for the results. That made me really nervous because she already told me about the IUI and that we would probably have it done. So I would like to know what the results are! ARGH!

Thanks for the prayers too! I will keep you all updated!

It will all work out!:thumbup: Has your dr talked about you taking metformin with your PCOS? I didnt do well on clomid but metformin made me ovulate every month and eventually that did the trick. Its something about it leveled out my blood sugars and that in turn makes you ovulate. You may just want to mention it to your dr if you havent already.

GL!:hugs:

mrskcbrown
You know what I was so overwhelmed with all the info she might have and I don't remember. I know she said that she could put me on something in addition to the Clomid but i don't remember the exact name. I will have a bunch of questions to ask so that goes on the list! Thanks! She is gonna be like "this girl has too much time on her hands!"

Hey ladies, just popping in to say hello.

Welcome to all the newbies. You will enjoy these ladies. I look forward to getting to know you.

@MrsKcbrown,

Thanks for sharing :) It always helps to know I'm not the only one. So far so good with the Iron. It's advised to take 1 pill on an empty stomach with a glass of OJ. Also, not to lay down until 30 minutes has passed from intake. I'm doing well, ZERO sickness. :happydance: The pill is so ugly lol......a black horse-pill for sure. I've heard a side effect may be weight gain so I guess a few pounds won't kill me. Good health is worth it, more to hold on to ;)

Be well,
Inluv

Yay thats awesome Inluv! I hope this is it for you all as well!:dust:

I found out my iron was low too and I was prescribed iron pills but I cant seem to take them. They make me so sick even when I take them at night:shrug:. So in place of that I have been trying to eat more green stuff and just trust God. I dont like feeling sick on top of being pregnant:nope:.

Well Ladies tomorrow is the big day I get the results from the Dr. on DH's issues and IUI date...wish me luck!

Welcome to all the new ladies. This thread is awesome. I love the sistah hood flow. Thanks for asking about me Mrsbrwn. I went to primary and I have bronchitis. Yesterday was OB apptment(she ordered betas) this morning labwrk up 7AM. Tomorrow results in the afternoon from OB. She ordered two days of betas Jan 6 and 8. Tomorrow she will call me to let me know what either way what was found in today bloodwrk(iron, blood type, hcg levels). This is the first time that I have ever had betas so I don't know what she is looking for but I will find out very soon here. Lightheaded all day, feeling sick to my stomach, everything smells nasty and I don't have a test for anything. Nothing taste good anymore. I am craving milk which I HATE lol(don't get along with a sistah :) if u know what I mean. I will update when I know something. Waiting is a lot of F U N :) Not lol.

Welcome to all the new ladies. This thread is awesome. I love the sistah hood flow. Thanks for asking about me Mrsbrwn. I went to primary and I have bronchitis. Yesterday was OB apptment(she ordered betas) this morning labwrk up 7AM. Tomorrow results in the afternoon from OB. She ordered two days of betas Jan 6 and 8. Tomorrow she will call me to let me know what either way what was found in today bloodwrk(iron, blood type, hcg levels). This is the first time that I have ever had betas so I don't know what she is looking for but I will find out very soon here. Lightheaded all day, feeling sick to my stomach, everything smells nasty and I don't have a test for anything. Nothing taste good anymore. I am craving milk which I HATE lol(don't get along with a sistah :) if u know what I mean. I will update when I know something. Waiting is a lot of F U N :) Not lol.

The beta test looks to see how high your pregnancy levels are. They are suppose to double every 2 days hence the dr wanting to see you jan 6 and 8. Hope you feel better and you get great numbers from your tests!:hugs:

Hey ladies,

hopefulywa8tn, wishing you the best of luck.

Floopy, I hope the betas come back good.

How is everyone else doing? I hope all is well.

Quiet in here today! Guess its the weekend huh? I caught up on all my lifetime movies today because I didnt have anything else to do. I cant wait till next weekend which is the baby shower! My mom and dad will be able to come and my mother in law and sister in law. This will be their first time meeting as his mom was unable to come to the wedding...long story:haha:.

I really hope the baby gets some nice things, and needed things and not too much novelty!

Be blessed!:hugs:

Goodluck hopefulywa8tn :thumbup:

I'm sure your baby will get loads of goodies, Mrskc! If we here on BnB love you so much, I can imagine how the people in your real life adore you! Can't wait to see pictures from the shower.

Ready4onemore and Floppyears....hope you preggo ladies are doing great :flower:

Good luck Inluv.

FutureMommie, Vrainoire, everyone.....sending you loads of :hugs:

As for me, just watching the days on the calender till we start our 2nd IVF cycle. Hope the days fly right by! I also only just found out during this IVF treatment that I do have PCOS :dohh:. I didn't think I did because ofmy very regular periods. That would explain a lot of things....especially the sudden weight gain! Thank God we were finally able to have it diagnosed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->