• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

African or African-Americans TTC

I decided to test because I was feeling hopeful with being 9 days late. Well the clearblue digital clearly said not pregnant! I'm so done. I'm over getting a bfp as well. I'm just ready for my cycle to come so that I can get on with my life. So after I get my - next Thursday, hopefully they will put me on provera to restart my cycles. That also sucks because now I will have to play a guessing game with my ovulation. It's all just too much for me.:~{

I aint giving up until you say AF has arrived dangit. And make sure your doc does do bloods on thursday or I'm callin (like I got the number but still! lol).

Hi Ladies can i join you?? im not actually TTC as i got my BFP on the 15th of this month :happydance:. Im 24 born and raised in the uk (LONDON) but both of my parents are from the caribbean This will be my first baby.

Hi ladies!!! Can I join?

I am Biracial - Mom is Caucasian and my dad is Jamaican and I live in Ontario Canada.
DH and I are TTC#1 and are on cycle 6 now (7 months).

Currently I am on CD 47 which means I am late. My cycles average 35 days where the longest has been 39, so Now I am just sitting and waiting. I tested last on CD42 and it was :bfn:

I started temping on my 3rd cycle and I think this cycle I didn't ovulate :(
So pretty much I am just waiting until AF finally shows up.
My plan is to call the doctors once it has been 2 months without AF which will be in about 1.5 weeks from now. I plan to test again before I call, just to make sure

:hugs: Welcome to all of our newcomers!!!! Of course you can join us! justme, congrats on your BFP!:happydance: Oh how we all want one of those in this group!!! ridley, I know how it feels to be late. I too am now 10 days late and my hope is out the window but its ok, going to dr thursday and maybe she will do bloods but again not holding my breath because if I did, I would die.:shrug:

@tickeledpink: thanks girl for your great sense of humor:haha:. Hopefully she will do bloods but who knows?? I will keep you posted!

How is everyone else doing?:hugs:

got the f'xd for you mrskcbown.

And yea where are the other ladies at? Dipar been quiet too. Justme and ngridley welcome! Of course you two can join. the more the better.

Sending you a big :hugs: mrsk!!! :bfp: or not, I know it will happen soon for you!!!!!!

My weekend wasn't too great! AF decided to come 2 days early, so I guess that saved me from having to test and get a :bfn:

I'm off to the hospital today, to start my stimulant shots. Please pray for me.

hey i really like the though of this thread...very inspiting to know im not at all alone...i have been ttc for 31/2 years i have an 8 year old who thinks he will be an only child forever and desperately wants a sibling and i want to provide one for him...i just had a lap on 02/23 to unblock tubes..successful with one..so im goint to start ttc tomorrow night...hope i get my sticky bean

hey i really like the though of this thread...very inspiting to know im not at all alone...i have been ttc for 31/2 years i have an 8 year old who thinks he will be an only child forever and desperately wants a sibling and i want to provide one for him...i just had a lap on 02/23 to unblock tubes..successful with one..so im goint to start ttc tomorrow night...hope i get my sticky bean

:hugs:Welcome Heaven Sent:hugs: So glad to have you. Im glad your surgery went well and you get that sticky bean very soon! Im still waiting on mines too and I have a 9 yr old daughter. Good luck to you and welcome!:hugs:

@isi_buttercup: Sorry to hear AF is here but it is better than testing and getting a :bfn:. I hate testing and getting those because they suck. I hope this ends in a BFP as well. I am 12 days late. My Dh seems to think I am, but me, I dont think so, not even remotely! Hope everyone is well.:hugs:

Hello ladies,

Yes i've been silent because i've been so busy on this end of the computer screen. I don't have time to much anymore to check in. I hope everybody get's their bfp. When my time comes, it will come. My RE appointment is coming fast now. 23rd of March. So i'm going to see what she said. What's the old up..2 or 3 weeks away.

I'll let you know the outcome of it.

Well ladies, the RE called and told me to take Provera for 10 days and wait for it to bring on my cycle:growlmad:! She doesnt want to blood test me??!! Or even a urine test??!! Just take these pills and get on with your life basically.:nope::nope:

I do have an appt with my ob/gyn tomorrow and Im sure she will urine test me, and Im happy so that I can stop pissing my money away!:growlmad:

So there you have it, no hopes for a BFP. I am angry because I already have a script for these meds and I could have already been taking them and had a period by now! But no, Ive wasted 14 days for nothing! Im so pissed right now, I could trash this computer, and as my students say, "that's real talk".!:growlmad:

Well ladies, the RE called and told me to take Provera for 10 days and wait for it to bring on my cycle:growlmad:! She doesnt want to blood test me??!! Or even a urine test??!! Just take these pills and get on with your life basically.:nope::nope:

I do have an appt with my ob/gyn tomorrow and Im sure she will urine test me, and Im happy so that I can stop pissing my money away!:growlmad:

So there you have it, no hopes for a BFP. I am angry because I already have a script for these meds and I could have already been taking them and had a period by now! But no, Ive wasted 14 days for nothing! Im so pissed right now, I could trash this computer, and as my students say, "that's real talk".!:growlmad:

I hear you..That is why i'm on that break from TTC. All of that just to hear somebody tell you to take provera to start a period..Why couldn't your RE test you?

I hear you..That is why i'm on that break from TTC. All of that just to hear somebody tell you to take provera to start a period..Why couldn't your RE test you?

Hi Dipar:

She didnt say and I didnt ask. If they think this is normal to not have a period for this long than so be it. I really dont care anymore. I feel clueless, I dont even know what to do at this point. DH said something that hit home this morning and it hurt, he said (in just general conversation), "you know we have been trying to have a baby almost since we met. We met in June 2008 and here it is March 2010! I take all these stupid medicines, he has a semen analysis, and does what he can and still nothing! Now our IUI consult appt isnt until May 4. They put me on a waiting list if something comes available sooner.:shrug: Gosh, Im so heartbroken and sick of it all:cry:!!!

@mrskcbrown :hugs:

So I am on CD 52 now.
Last night I was thinking AF was on its way as I had some brown blood tinged CM. Put on a pantiliner and went to bed. Woke up to nothing, nada.....zip, zilch!!
I did have a pretty significant temp jump today (from 35.96 to 36.38) so I was thinking that it could possibly be O.
If it is O the only time I BD that would have mattered was yesterday morning.....so who knows.

I really just want this cycle to end so I can move on.

Mrskc, i am sorry to hear you are feeling so low. This journey to have a child is not easy for some of us! Hope you get your BFP soon :hugs:

Hi Dipar:

She didnt say and I didnt ask. If they think this is normal to not have a period for this long than so be it. I really dont care anymore. I feel clueless, I dont even know what to do at this point. DH said something that hit home this morning and it hurt, he said (in just general conversation), "you know we have been trying to have a baby almost since we met. We met in June 2008 and here it is March 2010! I take all these stupid medicines, he has a semen analysis, and does what he can and still nothing! Now our IUI consult appt isnt until May 4. They put me on a waiting list if something comes available sooner.:shrug: Gosh, Im so heartbroken and sick of it all:cry:!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Wow Mrskc

I understand where you coming from there.."I know this is better said-then-done, but do not give up. There got to be an answer some where down the line. Sometimes I don't :nope: understand doctors in the women's health any more these days. Do they really want you to get pregnant or what? Or am I going to far into this? My mind been all over the place today, so excuse me lol.

I'm still praying though Mrskc. :hugs:

:hugs:mrskcbrown

I know you feel like turning some tables over and tossing some chairs across the room right about now. Don't get that script filled yet, I say get your ob to at least do a blood test or something. And even then, might be time for a new doc. I know we get comfortable sometimes and they've known our situation for years but if they can longer help, it's time to move on. Let us know what happens tomorrow.

@ngridley: Im so sorry about you being that far out with no cycle. Did you say you contacted a DR? Im in the same boat with you!:cry:

@sue: thanks for your hugs! I need them today and everyday.:hugs:

@tickeledpink: neither one will do a blood test. I asked but they say no because the urine test has been negative 4 times. I also know there is nothing in there so I dont want to waste their time or mines. I was on the way to the pharmacy to get the script filled but I just took that money and got some gas for my car, LOL. Im going to restart taking my metformin tonite as that got me a period every month since sept so im sure it will work now. Not so sure if im going to take the provera yet:shrug:.

I posted the below in another TTC group:

I went to the DR today and did a urine test, of course not pregnant. So I shared that with DH and I told him how the appointment went. Well he just says, "we will do IUI, and I dont want to discuss anything about it anymore". So I said well I dont think thats fair, seeing that we are in this together. So basically he didnt come out and say it but he is blaming me kinda for not getting a BFP this month because i missed like 2 days of my meds. I didnt do it purposely and other months I have missed too but he just didnt know. After all that I have been through trying to get this BFP, all he can do is further blame me, like I dont feel like crap already?!
All I wanted was a hug from him, and for him to tell me he has my back in this, but instead I get the cold shoulder? He then proceeds to tell me that maybe I should get on birth control, then miss a few days and try to get bfp that way, instead of taking my metformin and clomid. He said that because I got BFP with my daughter like that,(not purposefully) who is not his biological child. I told him I absolutely refuse to. Some days I feel like he is with me in this and other days I do not, hence the reason why I dont share much about it with him.

Its not my fault that we cant conceive.

The bright side is that I put in a prayer request at my church yesterday, asking for God to make this a bit easier for us and to help us conceive a child. Well one of the pastors called me today and personally told me that she will be praying for us, and that even when it gets rough and I dont feel like praying know that she is in my corner going to bat for me. She told me she has several friends going through this so she knows the pain that I feel. So that made me feel a bit better.

I dont know if any of you have heard the song below but its exactly how Im feeling right now. Im so sad, and I feel like a failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqfGqOx2iDQ

@ngridley: Im so sorry about you being that far out with no cycle. Did you say you contacted a DR? Im in the same boat with you!:cry:

@sue: thanks for your hugs! I need them today and everyday.:hugs:

@tickeledpink: neither one will do a blood test. I asked but they say no because the urine test has been negative 4 times. I also know there is nothing in there so I dont want to waste their time or mines. I was on the way to the pharmacy to get the script filled but I just took that money and got some gas for my car, LOL. Im going to restart taking my metformin tonite as that got me a period every month since sept so im sure it will work now. Not so sure if im going to take the provera yet:shrug:.

I posted the below in another TTC group:

I went to the DR today and did a urine test, of course not pregnant. So I shared that with DH and I told him how the appointment went. Well he just says, "we will do IUI, and I dont want to discuss anything about it anymore". So I said well I dont think thats fair, seeing that we are in this together. So basically he didnt come out and say it but he is blaming me kinda for not getting a BFP this month because i missed like 2 days of my meds. I didnt do it purposely and other months I have missed too but he just didnt know. After all that I have been through trying to get this BFP, all he can do is further blame me, like I dont feel like crap already?!
All I wanted was a hug from him, and for him to tell me he has my back in this, but instead I get the cold shoulder? He then proceeds to tell me that maybe I should get on birth control, then miss a few days and try to get bfp that way, instead of taking my metformin and clomid. He said that because I got BFP with my daughter like that,(not purposefully) who is not his biological child. I told him I absolutely refuse to. Some days I feel like he is with me in this and other days I do not, hence the reason why I dont share much about it with him.

Its not my fault that we cant conceive.

The bright side is that I put in a prayer request at my church yesterday, asking for God to make this a bit easier for us and to help us conceive a child. Well one of the pastors called me today and personally told me that she will be praying for us, and that even when it gets rough and I dont feel like praying know that she is in my corner going to bat for me. She told me she has several friends going through this so she knows the pain that I feel. So that made me feel a bit better.

I dont know if any of you have heard the song below but its exactly how Im feeling right now. Im so sad, and I feel like a failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqfGqOx2iDQ

Oh, mrsk! My heart goes out to you Sweetie! Please don't think your husband is blaming you for anything! I'm sure he isn't. Trying to conceive is hard for both man and woman....I guess he's just having his own low period right now. My hubby and I also suffered our own rough patch, where I thought he just wasn't as committed to ttc as I was! But he has finally come around and we are both now very committed to the cause. Your husband probably doesn't want to discuss it anymore because he know how much it upsets you. You two need to be a tag team....so just make out some good quality time and have a long talk!!

GOD will surely come through for us, mrsk!!!!! :hugs:

Mrskc,

I have been there with my OH too! I learn't that it was best to not tell him everything!! Just don't think he understood totally how i felt and his comments would make me feel worse! He would not understand my feelings when yet again my AF turned up. Or how down i felt when i was Ov and he was too tired/ not in the mood and to bd so was yet another wasted month (after i had been patiently waiting and testing looking for ovulation).

MrsKC it is not your fault! Don't let anyone make you feel that it is! For whatever reason god just did not feel the time was quite right yet, whether you have forgotten to take your tablets or not it will happen when HE decides. I know it is hard and there is nothing that can comfort you.. I have been there girl, 18 months - month after month getting BFN. BUT i got through it... God only knows how! Not even the hint of a second line! I was so desperate I started thinking even a chemical or something to give me hope!!

Try the IUI. What about natural remedies like agnus catus? That is supposed to help with hormonal imbalances and periods.. I know you dont use ovulations tests. Why not (i did this) give yourself a few months were you will do ovulation tests and just go for it and maybe try this SPEP?? That is what i did. It has worked for me after 18 months - twice.

I am praying it will be your month soon :hugs:

Come on sticky bean! Sending you some baby dust:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"