African or African-Americans TTC

Hello ladies!

My name is Ella and I'm 27. I'm wavering somewhere between NTNP and TTC. DH doesn't want to think of it as trying at the moment, but he'd be thrilled if I did get a BFP in the next year. He's said he wants to officially start trying next year, which I have gathered means he wouldn't freak out if I started taking my temps and buying OPKs, which I've promised not to do (for now). But I have been monitoring my CM and trying to BD at the right times.

I'm actually really glad that I've stumbled across this forum. I could really use the support. We're in early days, since we've only stopped using protection two months ago, and the DH is feeling quite secretive about telling family and friends we're trying or rather, not preventing, in his case.

So yeah, just stopping by to say hi...:flower:

Welcome Ella you are going to love it here, I hope you get your bfp right away.

Welcome Ella!

You will love it here. great group of ladies. :hugs:

I was WTT for a long time (2 years) and then NTNP for a few months. Then after a moment of hyperventilation, DH agreed to TTC. Then he started getting baby fever so I jumped on board. He's still a little shy about wanting to know when it's OV time, but in every other way he is on board. He feels like if we're going to try we might as well try.

Anyway, feel free to chat away. This is my favorite room, but it gets quiet in here sometimes. :(

Hey everyone. With going back to work and Malcolm and Amariah, I have been having a hard time keeping up with everything. Im always so tired and sleepy:nope:. Malcolm is sleeping through the nights mostly but he has a few days a week that he still gets up around 2am and I have to get up at 5am to get ready for work. Luckily Amariah is a big girl and can kinda do most things herself. I still have to do her hair though:dohh:. Financially we are struggling, since I wasnt getting paid during the summer due to maternity leave and hubby had surgery and has been off for a month with no pay so things are reallytough for us right now. We have exhausted all outlets of finances trying to stay afloat. Im stressed to the maximum:nope:, but I wont be a debby downer!

God is able, hopefully something will happen for us:dohh:.

Be blessed:hugs:.

MrsKC you are so not a DD!! You have been so encouraging to everyone you're entitled to express when there's a cloud or two in your own life. But I am sure that things will turn around now that you are back to work. It sounds like a season that is coming to an end.

I was wondering...how old is your daughter? DH and I were talking about how to keep a daughter's hair nice the other day (I know random. I think DH likes to fig out where he's going to find a fight way in advance and try to fix it before hand. He's a wierdo LOL ). But anyway, I was saying how my mother was a hairdresser. She would make sure my hair was washed and conditioned well and then put in neat parts. By the time I reached 2nd grade she had me just smooth my ponytails into my same parts every morning. not sure if that helps. You're probably already doing something similar.

@PurpleKisses. Glad you're back. DD is gorgeous! Glad to hear that you ad DH are talking. Money issues are the worse, but it seems like your mom has really been a great help. That's such a blessing and I am happy you have that support system. :hugs: to everyone and Baby Dust to all!

Welcome Ella!!
I'm praying that everything works out for us all,and I pray that the financial strongholds are loosed and that Mrsk and purple are blessed financially

Hey All!!

Loving seeing the activity and all of the new ladies that have joined this thread. It is so nice to see it growing, growing, and growing. WELCOME

I am not as active as most, however I am still a part of the team:hugs:.

May you ALL be blessed individually and collectively on the journey to conceive regardless of if it's your 1st, 3rd, 6th time around. At the end of the day it's a beautiful thing. I plan to take a 6month break after this and then I back on the TTC wagon myself.
Stay encouraged!!

AFM: Entering month 7th soon.... (3rd Tri) :happydance:. It has been and continues to be a journey. Things are much better now (minus the sickness). We have scheduled another ultrasound for this month. I wanted to get a better visual on my babygirl's face so that we can put a pic in her baby book. The first ultrasound at 18 weeks wasn't that great...:nope: Her face still had not completely developed.

Anywho, have a great night ladies.

Thanks again for the welcome ladies. :) I've been looking for support in the journey since the DH is so secretive about it. When we made the decision to TTC, I felt like I was going to explode because I couldn't tell anyone.

I've dropped some hints to my mom and she knows I'm off the BC now, but I haven't been able to tell her what's been going on with me. She's a terrible gossip and if I don't want EVERYONE in the family and all the family friends to know something, I can't tell her. I asked my mom about some baby names that I liked, to see what she thought, and the next time I talked to one of my aunts, not even two days later, she knew about the names and told me how she felt about them. So, now I know that I have to keep everything close to the chest about TTC. And I'm not even sure when I should tell my mom when we do get our BFP...

Every time we Skype with DH's parents and my MIL tells me about so-and-so getting pregnant or having a baby, I want to tell them that we're TTC, because I know it's her way of subtly trying to push us in that direction and letting us know that she's ready to be a grandmother. I just want to tell her that she doesn't have to because we're already there! But DH doesn't want to tell his parents because he doesn't want to get his mom's hopes up in case it takes us longer to conceive. And I understand. She's a worrier and she would spend her time worrying about us and if it was going to happen this month or next month. I agreed that it was a lot more pressure than we're looking for at the moment.

We're trying to take a relaxed approach to TTC, hovering somewhere between NTNP and TTC. I've promised not to temp or buy OPKs for now, but the more I think about it, the more I'm sure that I'm going to break down in the next couple of months because my cycle has been so crazy this month. I don't know if I O'd late or at all, because the pains I normally associate with ov-pain turned into crazy cramps. I can't tell if AF is coming early because my cousin was here and could have pulled me off my cycle or if it's something else entirely. This not knowing is kind of driving me crazy.

Hello everyone! Hopefully your week is going good.

Hi Purplekisses! Sorry to hear about your eviction and the loss of your things. It’s good to hear that you and OH are weathering the storm. It’s great to hear the kids are doing well. I’ll pray things get better for you.

Hello Ella! Hopefully your TTC will be a short visit. We NTNP and got PG the second month. I had even bought a bunch of opks, a thermometer and an app on my phone.

I’m feeling pretty good, the morning sickness is all day with periods of feeling normal. My doctor told me not to make an appointment till I’ve missed two periods, so I won’t be seeing a doctor until maybe a month from now.

Hey ladies i went to the doctor for a routine check up..found out that my dr. is no longer practicing there because she got offered a better job. Well i'm there talking to the new doctor and as i'm going over my medical history she asks me what my doctor told me about the results to my biopsy..well I tell her that i was only informed that there were no cancer..and i was told that the ultrasound showed no growths..well the new doctor looks at me and says well you have a condition called Proliferative endometrium, and your ultra sound shows several cysts in your ovaries you have PCOS, which may explain your rapid weight gain..and the whole time i'm just thinking that my doctor didn't tell me nothing. If I didn't see this new doctor then i would have known nothing. smh

That's my biggest fear, doctors won't tell me anything. my screenname says it all why I think so.

Deafgal- I have been ttc for 3.5 years and what I have learned is that you have to be your own advocate. Some dr think they can just tell you what they want you to know and nothing extra. When I go to my dr, I have usually done my own research and have a list of questions that I expect to leave knowing the answer too. Usually after they find out that you actually are up to speed they have a change of attitude, and if I leave without my questions answered or if I'm made to feel like my questions dont matter then I find a new Dr. I don't know how long you have been ttc but when I first started I didn't know much so it is definately important to have a dr who doens't mind answering questions and keeping you informed. You deserve to know what is going on.

I’m feeling pretty good, the morning sickness is all day with periods of feeling normal. My doctor told me not to make an appointment till I’ve missed two periods, so I won’t be seeing a doctor until maybe a month from now.

That is so exciting, I can't wait to hear about it.

Thanks again for the welcome ladies. :) I've been looking for support in the journey since the DH is so secretive about it. When we made the decision to TTC, I felt like I was going to explode because I couldn't tell anyone.

I've dropped some hints to my mom and she knows I'm off the BC now, but I haven't been able to tell her what's been going on with me. She's a terrible gossip and if I don't want EVERYONE in the family and all the family friends to know something, I can't tell her. I asked my mom about some baby names that I liked, to see what she thought, and the next time I talked to one of my aunts, not even two days later, she knew about the names and told me how she felt about them. So, now I know that I have to keep everything close to the chest about TTC. And I'm not even sure when I should tell my mom when we do get our BFP...

Every time we Skype with DH's parents and my MIL tells me about so-and-so getting pregnant or having a baby, I want to tell them that we're TTC, because I know it's her way of subtly trying to push us in that direction and letting us know that she's ready to be a grandmother. I just want to tell her that she doesn't have to because we're already there! But DH doesn't want to tell his parents because he doesn't want to get his mom's hopes up in case it takes us longer to conceive. And I understand. She's a worrier and she would spend her time worrying about us and if it was going to happen this month or next month. I agreed that it was a lot more pressure than we're looking for at the moment.

We're trying to take a relaxed approach to TTC, hovering somewhere between NTNP and TTC. I've promised not to temp or buy OPKs for now, but the more I think about it, the more I'm sure that I'm going to break down in the next couple of months because my cycle has been so crazy this month. I don't know if I O'd late or at all, because the pains I normally associate with ov-pain turned into crazy cramps. I can't tell if AF is coming early because my cousin was here and could have pulled me off my cycle or if it's something else entirely. This not knowing is kind of driving me crazy.

Hmmm....this is when I usually enlist some professional help. I would go to the doc and talk to her/him about my irregular cycles right away. Even if you're NTNP your health has to be in order. Tell DH that. He can't get mad at that. The doc may suggest some things to get your cycle on track, or you could suggest to her that you want to try OPK and get her endorsement . I would then talk to DH and say you went to doc and what came of the conversation. Suggest the plan that the two of you came up see what he thinks. He may be so opposed to like BCP or something else she may suggest that he may gladly go along with OPK's temping as a means to give the DOc more info and make sure that TTC doesn't take forever. MY DH thinks everything is a better idea when it's his. LOL

Thanks for the advice, GirlBlue. :)

So, it turns out that it was AF coming early, as I feared. And I'm pretty sure it was my cousin's doing this month. A quick conversation with her confirmed that I am close to being on her cycle now. The plan is to see how it goes over the next couple of months and then I'll see what the doc has to say if things haven't regulated. I have just gotten off BC recently and I talked to my doc last month about my body. She wants me to wait until I've been off for at least four months before I start worrying about things because my body is still adjusting and the first two months, I had regular 28-29 day cycles.

I talked to DH today because I did get my hopes up because I wasn't expecting AF so early and was feeling pretty down about it all. He agreed that it would be good to figure out what's going on with me. He still wants to take a laid back approach, but if things are weird next month, I told him that I would probably start either using OPKs or taking BBT temps. I can't do both, because that would be too much like trying. ;) And I can't tell him about it. He doesn't want me to obsess about things, as I probably will do. But I can't blame him. I want this to be a laid back process too.

And aren't all DH's like that? His ideas are always so much better, even if I had the same one the day before. lol!

Good Luck!! It took me a couple months after ending BCP to get back normal too.

Hey ladies i went to the doctor for a routine check up..found out that my dr. is no longer practicing there because she got offered a better job. Well i'm there talking to the new doctor and as i'm going over my medical history she asks me what my doctor told me about the results to my biopsy..well I tell her that i was only informed that there were no cancer..and i was told that the ultrasound showed no growths..well the new doctor looks at me and says well you have a condition called Proliferative endometrium, and your ultra sound shows several cysts in your ovaries you have PCOS, which may explain your rapid weight gain..and the whole time i'm just thinking that my doctor didn't tell me nothing. If I didn't see this new doctor then i would have known nothing. smh

That's my biggest fear, doctors won't tell me anything. my screenname says it all why I think so.

i still cant believe she didnt tell me anything, but i know now...i guess thats the bright side

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->