African or African-Americans TTC

InLuv2 - sounds like fun...I LOVE Sade!

Well ladies I'm a little bummed this morning. I was planning on waiting until Wednesday to test but over the weekend I couldn't stop thinking about it (even dreamed about POAS) so I caved and tested this morning. I got a BFN! I may be out this month because I noticed some very faint spotting as well so AF may be coming sooner than Thursday. It really sucks cause I was certain we had caught the egg this month. And to top it off hubby and I had a big argument this morning before he left for work so this week has just not started out on the right foot.

Hello Ladies! I hope everyone survived Irene.

Completingus, Adopting is a lot of work, so I’ve heard. The whole process will definitely take your mind off of TTC. I’ve heard of people getting a BFP around the same time they pursued adoption.

Mrs.October, Sorry about the BFN. Hopefully AF will stay away and you’ll get that BFP later.

Well ladies I'm a little bummed this morning. I was planning on waiting until Wednesday to test but over the weekend I couldn't stop thinking about it (even dreamed about POAS) so I caved and tested this morning. I got a BFN! I may be out this month because I noticed some very faint spotting as well so AF may be coming sooner than Thursday. It really sucks cause I was certain we had caught the egg this month. And to top it off hubby and I had a big argument this morning before he left for work so this week has just not started out on the right foot.

sorry to hear about the bfn--- it looks like we will be trying together next month.... no af 6 days late,but bfn this morning as well..... now its a waiting game when will she come to visit??????

MrsOctober- So sorry about the bfn, don't allow to day to mess up your week, it's going to get better.
I've decided not to test before af comes unless I have goo reason to!!!

Completing us- SEnding loads of O'dust your way, enjoy the bd'ing. Adoption sounds awesome, my dh and I have been discussing adoption too.

InLuv2- I can't believe its almost that time for you, it seems just like yesterday that you announced your bfp! Have fun in Vegas!

AFM- still another week of the 2ww. I had some mild cramping this weekend, I'm not symptom spotting, it was actually a litle annoying, not sure what thats about.

I came to peace with myself the month that i "did not" test. I was a few days late, therefore I just knew it was IT for us... I know it's hard, yet it's even harder when you see a BFN. Stay strong and don't beat yourself up too much over any of it (testing, argument, etc...) We all go thru it:flower:

MrsOctober- So sorry about the bfn, don't allow to day to mess up your week, it's going to get better.
I've decided not to test before af comes unless I have goo reason to!!!

Completing us- SEnding loads of O'dust your way, enjoy the bd'ing. Adoption sounds awesome, my dh and I have been discussing adoption too.

InLuv2- I can't believe its almost that time for you, it seems just like yesterday that you announced your bfp! Have fun in Vegas!

AFM- still another week of the 2ww. I had some mild cramping this weekend, I'm not symptom spotting, it was actually a litle annoying, not sure what thats about.

Hey FutureMommie,
WOW.....Yes, it's almost time!! I just looked at my ticker and saw that I had 79 days left! whoohoo
I still think it's not going fast enough. When October gets here, then I will get excited as the countdown begins.... For now, I'm just baking this little bun in my oven:winkwink:

Hope things are well!

CeeDee - I really hope you are right but I'm trying not to get my hopes up again as it's very unlikely.

christylove - I think I would be climbing the walls already if I was 6 days late with no sign of AF and no BFP!! Wow - that is crazy...are your cycles usually regular?

FutureMommie - I had hoped to use that same approach - waiting at least until the day AF was due before testing - but I let my curiosity get the best of me and tested 3 days early <sigh> . I think next month I will definitely just wait it out as seeing a BFN is just way too disappointing.

InLuv2 - you are so right...thankfully hubby and I have already made up and have gotten over our tiff (thank God we rarely stay mad at each other for very long). It was just a sucky way to start the day. I told him about the BFN and he was very supportive and reassuring that it WILL happen...which I know...but sometimes it's hard to hear because you want it to be happening NOW....lol.

HI ChristyLove and MrsOctober, welcome, though it's a little late to welcome you. Looks like you've settled in here. MrsOctober, so sorry about your BFN. But all things will happen in God's timing.

AFM...I played my first flag football game this Sunday. I anticipated that I might have to quit if I get pregnant, but who knew it would interfere with BD. Can you say pain. My back, hips, and legs are soooo sore I can barely walk and sit. When I was out there I felt 25 again, but I came home and feel a heck of a lot older. LOL. Good thing I'm only on CD 9. FF says I'm fertile based on high firm CP and watery CM, but that doesn't make any sense to me, so I'm ignoring that. I am supposed to SMEP, temp, OPK, and use softcups...the whole shabang this cycle...but I just don't feel like it lol. But we said we'd be intentional, so we'll see. Anyway.... :dust: to everybody and

InLuv sticky dust to you with the twins.

CeeDee - I really hope you are right but I'm trying not to get my hopes up again as it's very unlikely.

christylove - I think I would be climbing the walls already if I was 6 days late with no sign of AF and no BFP!! Wow - that is crazy...are your cycles usually regular?

FutureMommie - I had hoped to use that same approach - waiting at least until the day AF was due before testing - but I let my curiosity get the best of me and tested 3 days early <sigh> . I think next month I will definitely just wait it out as seeing a BFN is just way too disappointing.

InLuv2 - you are so right...thankfully hubby and I have already made up and have gotten over our tiff (thank God we rarely stay mad at each other for very long). It was just a sucky way to start the day. I told him about the BFN and he was very supportive and reassuring that it WILL happen...which I know...but sometimes it's hard to hear because you want it to be happening NOW....lol.

i got back pretty regular, but for the last few months not so much... last month was the first period i had in almost 3 months....then it was light the whole time.... doctor told me that everything was fine and i was expecting to return to normal..... guess not..... it took awhile after the miscarrage last year to get back reqular

Hi GirlBlue - thanks for the warm welcome. This has really only been the 1st month that we've been actively TTC so I am trying to keep things in perspective. AF came down full force yesterday afternoon so now it's just waiting it out to start the whole process over again. Maybe I'll get it right on the 2nd cycle!
As for flag football sounds like you had a ball. I felt the same way last week after I played tennis. Hadn't played since I was probably 10 or 12 years old and had SUCH a good time but boy was I sore after...lol. I'm thinking of doing it every week though so maybe it will help me get in shape (and also help me take my mind off of TTC).

Christylove - it does take a while for things to go back to normal after a loss. I only had my periods regulated after my loss because I went back on BCP. Hope it sorts itself out soon.

Anyways - I have an interview this afternoon...I'm feeling a little nervous so just trying to relax and focus on other things. If it's for me then it will happen so just trying not to stress too much. I really need a job though - I think being home all day will slowly drive me mad cause all I can think about is TTC! LOL.

HI ChristyLove and MrsOctober, welcome, though it's a little late to welcome you. Looks like you've settled in here. MrsOctober, so sorry about your BFN. But all things will happen in God's timing.

AFM...I played my first flag football game this Sunday. I anticipated that I might have to quit if I get pregnant, but who knew it would interfere with BD. Can you say pain. My back, hips, and legs are soooo sore I can barely walk and sit. When I was out there I felt 25 again, but I came home and feel a heck of a lot older. LOL. Good thing I'm only on CD 9. FF says I'm fertile based on high firm CP and watery CM, but that doesn't make any sense to me, so I'm ignoring that. I am supposed to SMEP, temp, OPK, and use softcups...the whole shabang this cycle...but I just don't feel like it lol. But we said we'd be intentional, so we'll see. Anyway.... :dust: to everybody and

InLuv sticky dust to you with the twins.

@GirlBlue,
Don't scare me lol......I am hoping to only deliver "one" not ready for twins :shrug:

Hi GirlBlue - thanks for the warm welcome. This has really only been the 1st month that we've been actively TTC so I am trying to keep things in perspective. AF came down full force yesterday afternoon so now it's just waiting it out to start the whole process over again. Maybe I'll get it right on the 2nd cycle!
As for flag football sounds like you had a ball. I felt the same way last week after I played tennis. Hadn't played since I was probably 10 or 12 years old and had SUCH a good time but boy was I sore after...lol. I'm thinking of doing it every week though so maybe it will help me get in shape (and also help me take my mind off of TTC).

Christylove - it does take a while for things to go back to normal after a loss. I only had my periods regulated after my loss because I went back on BCP. Hope it sorts itself out soon.

Anyways - I have an interview this afternoon...I'm feeling a little nervous so just trying to relax and focus on other things. If it's for me then it will happen so just trying not to stress too much. I really need a job though - I think being home all day will slowly drive me mad cause all I can think about is TTC! LOL.

@Mrs. October:
Fingers crossed for you on the job interview.... I am a stay at home mom for this first time. It's been a little over a year and it can drive you crazy if you don't have others things going on.... I researched TTCing and it did drive me nutty.....:dohh:

Life is busy now so I enjoy it...

Whether you lovelies use supplements or have pulled ALL the punches while trying to TTC, here's one more:thumbup:

https://www.trying-to-conceive.com/naturally/using-geritol-to-get-pregnant/

I used this 30 days or so(A full bottle) prior to my BFP!!

Enjoy the read

Ok so I need to vent here! I was in a thread that I frequent quite often and one of the posters was talking about Beyonce being preggers! She proceeds to use the word f*ck several times and proceeds to say her 1st thought was that she hoped the baby dies!:growlmad::nope: Even thought I have been ttc for almost 4 years now I would have never said or even though such a harsh and mean thing! I understand that when it takes a long time to ttc that you get frusturated but their is such a thing as taking it too far, I can understand that it was hard for some people when she flaunted it but she's happy about it and to be honest, when I get my bfp I'm going to flaunt it too even if I not a celeb. I was a fierce supporter of this person before this comment now I don't even know if I will continue on the thread again. Not necessarily because it's beyonce but what if it were me or someone else? You don't know their story! We are assuming she got pg quickly but we don't know. IDK maybe I'm over reacting but I was just taken aback by the comment that her first thought was that she hoped the baby died.:cry:

Tell me what you think ladies.

@ Futuremommie I saw that post and I thought it was pretty sad to say harsh words about someone that you really don't know. How can you expect God to bless you when you have such evil thoughts in regards to a child? :nope: What is even more sad OP actually thanked the thread as if she said something that was positive. Like you stated we don't know her struggle or how long it took her to conceive and so what if she danced while she was pregnant, being pregnant doesn't mean you are handicap!!

Hi guys! I'm African and trying to conceive. May I join your thread?:winkwink:

Thats totally silly as far as i'm concerned. i read harsh things all over the place. I'm gonna celebrate my BFP like its going out of style.

Ok so I need to vent here! I was in a thread that I frequent quite often and one of the posters was talking about Beyonce being preggers! She proceeds to use the word f*ck several times and proceeds to say her 1st thought was that she hoped the baby dies!:growlmad::nope: Even thought I have been ttc for almost 4 years now I would have never said or even though such a harsh and mean thing! I understand that when it takes a long time to ttc that you get frusturated but their is such a thing as taking it too far, I can understand that it was hard for some people when she flaunted it but she's happy about it and to be honest, when I get my bfp I'm going to flaunt it too even if I not a celeb. I was a fierce supporter of this person before this comment now I don't even know if I will continue on the thread again. Not necessarily because it's beyonce but what if it were me or someone else? You don't know their story! We are assuming she got pg quickly but we don't know. IDK maybe I'm over reacting but I was just taken aback by the comment that her first thought was that she hoped the baby died.:cry:

THAT'S BIZARRE....I DON'T EVEN HAVE WORDS FOR AN INDIVIDUAL LIKE THAT. HOPE THE BABY DIES, WHY? WE DON'T EVEN KNOW BEYONCE'S STORY (if she has been trying for a while or not?) EVEN SO, WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING CONSUMED WITH THAT B.S. PREGNANCY IS SUPPOSE TO BE A HAPPY MOMENT, AND SHE WAS SIMPLY "GLOWING" AND GUSHING WITH JOY. WAS THIS PERSON HATING ON HER BANK ACCOUNT TOO? BECAUSE LORD KNOWS IT'S BIGGER THAN MOST?

UGH, I HATE IGNORANCE!!!!

yeah the lost was last april. i went back to normal in dec. then when off trackin april...... crazy,but i'll be okay thank you

i think that is crazy.....it's not good to wish evil on anyone.... thats sad :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"