African or African-Americans TTC

Hey ladies, I'm just popping in. I begin the birth control today the first time in over 3.5 years, it seems a bit wierd but Oh well it has to be done.

I can't even imagine FutureMommie. That is a LONG time to be off BCP. It's a means to an end though.

Hang in there, FutureMommie. It's for the best. We're here with you :hugs:

Hey ladies, I'm just popping in. I begin the birth control today the first time in over 3.5 years, it seems a bit wierd but Oh well it has to be done.
how long do you have to be on them????? everything will be okay :) i hear alot of people get pregnant soon as they get off of them..... keep the faith.

Thanks ladies!! I am feeling like I'm actually making progress. I started working out this past Monday and have been doing really well at keeping up with it every morning this week so I hope that once I start working next week I will continue working out in the evenings. Anyways hope everyone else is doing well.

MssTeach - I have heard of the wheat germ oil but not the other two. I think if nothing happens this month I may look into supplements.

Hi Mrs. October, I checked with my acupuncturist and I was confused, the things I named are all the basic supplements (i guess since im a horrible eater maybe lol) but he said they will just build you up internally so I recommend them. He said.based on my chart, he will recommend the herbs next visit. Lol boy was I off :wacko: And keeping up with workout schedules can be tough, but you can do it!

First of all, congrats Mrs. October! That is amazing!!! And I take utrophin(sp), ovex, and wheat germ oil three times a day each. Have you heard of those?

Mrskc- thanks for the help. Im confused about figuring out your coverline and when you actually o? My temp has dipped twice, which do I go by? Its mainly dealing with ovulation? One site says I did, one says I did not. Im reading up on it but im still a bit confused.

Anyway, how is everyone else doing? How was the holiday?

MssTeach,
Charting is only as good as your temperature, cervical mucus, sleeping pattern, etc.... by the time I understood it, I was pregnant :shrug: It's best to calculate your OV date before hand and use charting as an additional helper. I OV'd religiously between CD 12-15.

Good luck

Thanks Inluv2, I hope that once I get it together I will have the same results as you :) I hope your pregnancy is coming along well. How are you feeling as you come closer to the date?

ANd sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you calculate you O date beforehand? Or would this month of charting be the "preview" for the next cycles? Is that how it is supposed to work pretty much?

Thank you all so much for your help btw! I really appreciate (and need) it!

@MssTeach,
Based on my 28 day cycle the average woman ovulates 14 days after the start of the cycle (cd1). So I've read. I took this information and just started BDing on cd12-cd16 just to be safe. After observing my charts, my OV date typically feel on cd14. At the earliest it occurred on cd12. The coverline charts itself after an observable temperature pattern.

You have to begin to see a pattern or at least know what day you typically OV on. Otherwise, when charting by the time you notice the dip and or rise you could have missed your moment of opportunity.

All in all, it takes 2 cycles or so to see a pattern after that you will be a pro. Also pay attention to your body temps. When it goes low, 9 times out of 10 the next morning is your rise therefore you have OV'd. I would just BD the entire week of predicted ovulation to be safe.

I charted as a part of my tubal reversal follow up.

Good luck.

Thank you Inluv! One cycle almost down, one more to go! I cannot wait to get the hang of this! :happydance:

Hello everyone! Happy Friday!

BCP after 3.5 years! Wow! That's a long time.

I had my first prenatal appointment yesterday. It went well. It was what I expected lots of questions from the prenatal nurse, gave a urine and blood sample. To my surprise she also did a quick ultrasound to measure the baby. I got to see the heart beating and the baby moving around. I was so excited. The baby measured 9 weeks 4 days. The pictures weren’t as clear as the screen, but it was still nice to have the pics. Now I have to schedule genetic screening.

Congratulations, CeeDee! How exciting to see your little baby!!!

CeeDee that is so exciting!!!!! I hope you keep posting here throughout your pregnancy!!!

Hello Ladies......I haven't posted here in a while....I am a STALKER........But I know that we will have some more BFP real soon I can feel....Just keep MOVING FORWARD...and believe God that he has already open up your WOMB to receive......

Congrats on CeeDee

Moving Forward please pop in and visit us more!

How was everyone's weekend?

I spent the whole weekend doting on my friends brand new son. I can't wait till I hold mine in my arms!

Moving Forward please pop in and visit us more!

How was everyone's weekend?

:hi:

My weekend was good I took my oldest shopping for her homecoming dress, she is growing up so fast. I apologized to my momma for everything I put her through as a child because I am getting in all back three times fold. It took us five hours to find just one dress... no shoes, no accessories. Of course everything I picked out wasn't right she give me the blues but I kept my cool.
I am just hoping the next five days pass by fast and the :witch: doesn't show her face.

:dust: to Everyone

The weekend would have been better if AF hadn't showed up, but other than that it was good. Just relaxed and spent time switching the focus to October. Bought my BBT and started temping, so hopefully I'll figure out my cycle this month. :)

I went to my brothers df's 4yo daughter's bday party, now I think I mentioned in here that she is pg and I thought it would be really hard for me to see her but actually it wasn't bad at all the worse part was hearing all the parenting talk and having nothing to add but I know my time is coming.

Hey ladies! Miss you and still have you all on my heart!

BTW, Future I havent been on birth control pills since I was in my early twenties and I am 36 now. I know its a means to an end so keep the faith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->