• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

African or African-Americans TTC

:thumbup:Hello Ladies and also welcome to the new people who just joined.
I said I’ll keep you ladies posted (who ever is interested) on what’s going on with me and my RE. Now she got the blood work in and everything seems normal except my Thyroid. It’s evaluated and she wants to check my Thyroid again. They haven’t got the results for my 2nd ultrasound yet and when they do, she will make another appointment for me to come down and see what the next step. If I get anything, you will be the first to know.
I had spoken with my dad for Easter in Nigeria. I’m praying that I’ll get over there to see him. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

thank you ladies for the welcome, just to let you know that i had :sex: on the day my period ended, best believe he nut inside me and i let it say in there..lol:winkwink:

Hey Darknlovely: Glad that you joined us. I hope that you get your BFP sooner than later with your "regular" cycle. You are so lucky! My cycle is regular now due to medication but not on its own.

Isi and the key: thanks for the support. Maybe my breakthrough is right around the corner but I can tell you now that I just dont feel it:nope:. Anywho, I hope all is doing well and blessed!

@Dipar: I hope they get that thyroid worked out and hopefully its not hindering TTC. At least you are getting answers! Congrats on talking to your dad, I hope you get to see him very very soon.:hugs:

ladies I made a thread about being FB friends (facebook) if anyone is interested. it is titled FB friends. you can just Pm the person you want to add. I think its a good way to build friendships and keep in touch.. oh and dont be talking each others business publicly on facebook...lol..I know yall know better than that.

thank you ladies for the welcome, just to let you know that i had :sex: on the day my period ended, best believe he nut inside me and i let it say in there..lol:winkwink:

Hey Darknlovely: Glad that you joined us. I hope that you get your BFP sooner than later with your "regular" cycle. You are so lucky! My cycle is regular now due to medication but not on its own.

Isi and the key: thanks for the support. Maybe my breakthrough is right around the corner but I can tell you now that I just dont feel it:nope:. Anywho, I hope all is doing well and blessed!

@Dipar: I hope they get that thyroid worked out and hopefully its not hindering TTC. At least you are getting answers! Congrats on talking to your dad, I hope you get to see him very very soon.:hugs:

@Mrskc: The nurse told me that they all ready sent out another slip for me to take another test for my thyroid. And she wants to see if it's hindering my ttc. YES at LEAST i'm getting my answers! Thank you. I'm listening to a music called "Ogene" and it's making me want to see my dad more :cry: but this plane ticket. Pray that I get the money to get over there to see him! :hugs:

@Mrskc: The nurse told me that they all ready sent out another slip for me to take another test for my thyroid. And she wants to see if it's hindering my ttc. YES at LEAST i'm getting my answers! Thank you. I'm listening to a music called "Ogene" and it's making me want to see my dad more :cry: but this plane ticket. Pray that I get the money to get over there to see him! :hugs:

Im sure its quite expensive. Is there any way that he can come over here and see you? :hugs:

Im sure its quite expensive. Is there any way that he can come over here and see you? :hugs:

@Mrskc: He wants to come over here, but his visa needs to be renewed and he told me that they made it harder to get a visa in Nigeria, he has to have a certain amount of money in his account. They look for a lot before they can re-issue him a new visa to come over here. So I thought why don't I travel over there, since i never been to Africa before.

Oh yea update. My vaginal-utrasound so far came back normal from what the nurses said and the utrasound tech. But the RE hasn't look at it since she only comes in on Tuesdays. I'm still waiting for that slip to bring and get my thyriod check again and make a follow up apointment to see her. So so far so good.

I'll keep you posted :hugs::hugs::hugs:

@ Diper, Fingers crossed for your test. I pray all is well.

With all the goings on of late they have reduced the amount of visa they grant to Nigerians to enter the US, its a shame really the minority spoil it for the majority.

If you have never been to Africa before then you are in for an experience hun. Where in Nigeria does your did live? I was born and brought up in lagos before I moved to the UK 16yrs ago

Dipar honey you're in my prayers, all will be well

Beanni I didnt realise you were in the UK also, well hey there.

Girls, 15dpo and no :witch:, will be testing soon and will be sure to let you all know. Not really feeling pregnant at the moment besides the gas and fatigue but that could just be either something am eating (yeh for the last 2wks lol) or my early morning jogs. Fxd ey!!

Mrskc how you holding up?

:wave: hey there @ the_key

wow 15dpo and no AF sounds good, praying this is your month hun

I am so praying for you The_Key!!!!! We need another BFP in here!!! :happydance:

Yeah, it is much harder getting a visa from here these days. I'm lucky as I still have my visas valid, so I don't have to bother with the renewal hassle for a while. But I hear it is so much harder now!

Beanni and The_Key, are you in London? I schooled in Essex (Colchester) for a year, and I absolutely loved it!

Good luck Dipar!!! Praying for you hun. :hugs:

Hey Mrsk!!! How's the temping and charting going?

Ladies....what do you think about this? Okay, I was so so sure I o'd on my CD 9 (last week), so DH and I started BD'ing from then.....up until 2 nights ago (Wednesday night, my CD 15). Anyways, last night (Thursday, CD 16), I felt all the classic ovulation signs (i.e. loads of EWCM....sorry for TMI....and a dull ache in my ovary area. But guess what....DH was all worn out, so nothing. Same thing with this morning. So, I'm now worried that if I did ovulate last night or this morning, will BD'ing a day and a half ago (and a couple of days before that) be enough? :shrug:

I am so praying for you The_Key!!!!! We need another BFP in here!!! :happydance:

Yeah, it is much harder getting a visa from here these days. I'm lucky as I still have my visas valid, so I don't have to bother with the renewal hassle for a while. But I hear it is so much harder now!

Beanni and The_Key, are you in London? I schooled in Essex (Colchester) for a year, and I absolutely loved it!

Good luck Dipar!!! Praying for you hun. :hugs:

Hey Mrsk!!! How's the temping and charting going?

Ladies....what do you think about this? Okay, I was so so sure I o'd on my CD 9 (last week), so DH and I started BD'ing from then.....up until 2 nights ago (Wednesday night, my CD 15). Anyways, last night (Thursday, CD 16), I felt all the classic ovulation signs (i.e. loads of EWCM....sorry for TMI....and a dull ache in my ovary area. But guess what....DH was all worn out, so nothing. Same thing with this morning. So, I'm now worried that if I did ovulate last night or this morning, will BD'ing a day and a half ago (and a couple of days before that) be enough? :shrug:

@Isi: I think you are still going to be ok because Im looking at charts on fertility friend and I see where women conceived by only having sex once in the whole cycle and like a day or 2 before the big O. Try to get some BDing in now in case you do O later than what you think.:thumbup:

As for me, Im fine. I didnt start to chart until 3 days ago so I dont know how accurate it will be but I couldnt start when I was on vacation last week and I was on my cycle anyway. Hopefully I will O within the next 5-10 days, the chart estimates next friday but not so sure because I was on clomid 100mgs this cycle. With clomid you O about 5-10 days from your last pill, so that would be anytime from April 9-18. I plan to BD every other day. Going to get the OPKs today as well and if I can afford it maybe some preseed. If I already get lubrication on my own do I really need preseed? Does it do anything differently?

@the_key: Im doing fine. Hope that you get that BFP. Are you ever this late? Do you chart as well?

Also ladies when you chart, what am I looking for, LOL? Its so confusing. I have the book taking charge of your fertility but its still confusing. She says the day of your highest temperature you may have already released the egg and the day of the lowest temperature you may not have O'd. I dont know:shrug:. I think thats why Im just bding and going to do these OPKs, so that I dont miss it!:hugs:

Thank you girls :hugs:.

Now Isi I had to bring out my notepad for this one to make sure I got it right teehee!!. If you BDed wednesday and felt the OV twangs thursday night honey you are still covered. In fact you are covered for Friday also. Your DH's little swimmers will still be waiting around patiently for the egg. I think i read somewhere that they can survive up to 5 days in optimum cm conditions. So stop stressing you lil sausage you are fine.

Hi MrsK, nice to hear you are well. Yes I do chart and started this cycle about 4days into the cycle so I missed a few day but you can see clearly where my temps shots up showing that I OVd, They are meant to go down now to show that :witch: is on her way but still quite high which is a good sign I hope. The link to my chart is in my signature, feel free to have a peak. Am learning too and can try answer any questions you may have about charting if possible. Oh and Isi am from birmingham which is about 2hrs away from london.

Phew! Thanks mrsk and the_key!!! I will try to get some more BD'ing tonight, after work....but even if I don't, I'll just try to take my mind of it and commit it to God. Whatever will be will be! I'll just try not think about it........ YEAH RIGHT, HUH??!! :haha:

mrsk...I was wondering the same thing about Pre seed! Soooo many women on this site seem to use it, and when I looked it up and saw that it was just a lubricant (albeit a sperm friendly one), I was wondering what all the fuss was about. But hey, I guess it wouldn't hurt, right. I have never used any of these things, but if it doesn't work this cycle, I will get myself some OPKs next time. Just make sure you try to relax and enjoy it!!

Thanks ladies!:hugs:

Gosh, the_key, you are going to have to give me a tutorial if I start charting!!!

Your chart looks awesome by the way! FXXX for you!!!! :hugs:

I used preseed, but that's because all the BD was drying me out (sorry TMI) strangely though didn't use it last month so I'd say if you have no problems with CM then its not worth it.

FX for you Isi, as the_key and Mrs KC said you are def still in with a chance as the spermies take a lil while to work their way up the tubes, so they should arrive just in time to get aquainted with the lil eggy :D

Hi MrsK, nice to hear you are well. Yes I do chart and started this cycle about 4days into the cycle so I missed a few day but you can see clearly where my temps shots up showing that I OVd, They are meant to go down now to show that :witch: is on her way but still quite high which is a good sign I hope. The link to my chart is in my signature, feel free to have a peak. Am learning too and can try answer any questions you may have about charting if possible. Oh and Isi am from birmingham which is about 2hrs away from london.

Your chart looks great to me. It seems like your temps are going up. I hope that is the same with mines. Did you use preseed or conceive plus?:hugs:

Your chart looks great to me. It seems like your temps are going up. I hope that is the same with mines. Did you use preseed or conceive plus?:hugs:

Thank you Girls. trying to remain positive so we'll see. MrsK we use preseed, i only found out about conceive plus last month. Which one is better? goodness knows, there is a thread somewhere on BnB where they are currently debating that. I use it to help make my cm more sperm friendly. Fxd crossed that and the EPO done the trick.

Thank you Girls. trying to remain positive so we'll see. MrsK we use preseed, i only found out about conceive plus last month. Which one is better? goodness knows, there is a thread somewhere on BnB where they are currently debating that. I use it to help make my cm more sperm friendly. Fxd crossed that and the EPO done the trick.

Well I am going to pick some up here after work because conceive plus isnt sold in any stores near me. I think they are both pretty similar. FXD crossed for you!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->