African or African-Americans TTC

@DB34 so my temp dropped down and its day 5. Even though its still high does that mean AF is on het way. This thing is nerve wrecking I tell ya!!

Welcome Netta!
Sorry I can't help ya, I don't know a thing about chart reading or tracking. I barely can hang on to the thread but I'm praying for your BFP!!!

Welcome ANewBeginning!
Sorry abt AF for those TTC!
Hello everyone! I miss this group of ladies! I hope everyone is doing well and staying positive out there! Trust in the Lord with all thy heart!

:hugs: Thank you LadyKay. You have to trust in the LORD with all of your heart!

Ladies I will love to here some of your bfp stories, please tell me if it was natural or medicated! Thankks

Hey Chiles!:flower:

I had a natural pregnancy with both of my children. I started taking metformin for PCOS to get my 2nd child but had stopped a few months prior to getting my BFP. I had a csection with the first and a VBAC with the second...which I loved!!!! We are working towards a third and last baby now but not actively trying. We will begin actively trying and charting etc in January. It took 10 yrs in between my two children and 16 months to get second BFP. Prayerfully we wont have to wait as long.:nope:

Praying that God blesses you! and very soon!!:hugs:

Happy Holidays to you all! Jesus is the reason for the season!

Welcome to all the new ladies. Praising God for how this thread has grown and being a blessing to us all! Praying for swift BFPs and everything in God's timing because His timing is perfect!:hugs:

Loving the pics Mrskcbrown!
Happy Holidays to you too. This thread is truly a gift, thanks for starting it! It's the only one I find myself coming back to. I love it!

@DB34 so my temp dropped down and its day 5. Even though its still high does that mean AF is on het way. This thing is nerve wrecking I tell ya!!

No worries, AF isn't on her way just yet. Most women have a 11-14 day Luteal Phase (LP), which is the time after ovulation. Since you're only day 5, you've got plenty of time before AF shows.

The egg takes 5-7 days to make it out of your fallopian tubes and into the uterus. Then implantation can occur anywhere from 6-12DPO. And a hpt will pick up the hormones that the egg is producing 2-3 days after implantation. Your LP needs to be at least 9-10 days long to be able to get pregnant, because the egg needs at least that long to produce the hormones that tell AF to stay away.

Temp dips during the LP are due to the amount of hormones in your body. Around 4-5DPO, there sometimes is a surge of estrogen that can make your temp dip, but it should rise again the next day, so no worries. And during your LP, your temps will rise and fall, but don't worry about the fall until after you're about 11DPO (because that's a sign of AF coming).

A temp dip later in your cycle, around 7-9DPO is also common. Sometimes it can be an implantation dip, but sometimes it's just a hormone dip, so don't read too much into it. BUT if your temp rises again after that dip and continues to rise higher than any of your previous temps AND stays high, then it's more likely that it was an implantation dip and you could be in for a BFP soon after. :)

No worries, AF isn't on her way just yet. Most women have a 11-14 day Luteal Phase (LP), which is the time after ovulation. Since you're only day 5, you've got plenty of time before AF shows.

The egg takes 5-7 days to make it out of your fallopian tubes and into the uterus. Then implantation can occur anywhere from 6-12DPO. And a hpt will pick up the hormones that the egg is producing 2-3 days after implantation. Your LP needs to be at least 9-10 days long to be able to get pregnant, because the egg needs at least that long to produce the hormones that tell AF to stay away.

Temp dips during the LP are due to the amount of hormones in your body. Around 4-5DPO, there sometimes is a surge of estrogen that can make your temp dip, but it should rise again the next day, so no worries. And during your LP, your temps will rise and fall, but don't worry about the fall until after you're about 11DPO (because that's a sign of AF coming).

A temp dip later in your cycle, around 7-9DPO is also common. Sometimes it can be an implantation dip, but sometimes it's just a hormone dip, so don't read too much into it. BUT if your temp rises again after that dip and continues to rise higher than any of your previous temps AND stays high, then it's more likely that it was an implantation dip and you could be in for a BFP soon after. :)

Well said, DBZ34! That was an excellent and very accurate explanation! Thank you! :hugs:

I just learned sooo much! Thanks for the lesson! Now I can have an idea of what MOST of the ladies on this site are talking about! Phew!

Ladies I will love to here some of your bfp stories, please tell me if it was natural or medicated! Thankks

I had a natural pregnancy with both of my children. I started taking metformin for PCOS to get my 2nd child but had stopped a few months prior to getting my BFP. I had a csection with the first and a VBAC with the second...which I loved!!!! We are working towards a third and last baby now but not actively trying. We will begin actively trying and charting etc in January. It took 10 yrs in between my two children and 16 months to get second BFP. Prayerfully we wont have to wait as long.:nope:

That is a blessing! Congrats on your 2 beautiful kids! Thanks, and comtinue to pray for me please! How long were you on metformin when you got your bfp? And what dose?

That is a blessing! Congrats on your 2 beautiful kids! Thanks, and comtinue to pray for me please! How long were you on metformin when you got your bfp? And what dose?

I was on metformin about 8 months or so. I was up to 2000 a day but it was the extended release kind. I am praying for you and wishing you the best. It will happen. God doesnt give us the desire to parent and dangle it in front of our faces!!! I believe if he gave you the thought He is well able to fulfill it!!!:hugs:

Thanks so much for the encourgement. I am on 2000mg a day as well been so for about 3 going on 4months. I know it takes time so I am being patient.

@DBZ34 Thanks again! It actually went up and I'm happy. I know i still have time before it actually dips. But seeing high temps are exciting lmbo!!

So these surges cause hot flashes as well? Also for the first time.since charting I experienced the dryness. Is that normal after ovulating?

Glad I could help! :)

The hormones can definitely cause hot flashes when they're fluctuating during your LP. But hot flashes could be a good sign, even though it's a bit early at the moment for you...I would make a note of it on your chart. If they keep up for a few more days, you may be in for some good news soon. :)

And dryness is very common after ovulation. Eventually, the CM will come back and you'll feel less dry, but it might be a few days.

Thanks so much for the encourgement. I am on 2000mg a day as well been so for about 3 going on 4months. I know it takes time so I am being patient.

Yeah I think it will happen very soon. Have you been having regular cycles with it? I think thats why met makes it easier for us to conceive. I didnt have regular cycles until I took met. Once they became predictable, I got BFP right away!

Yeah I think it will happen very soon. Have you been having regular cycles with it? I think thats why met makes it easier for us to conceive. I didnt have regular cycles until I took met. Once they became predictable, I got BFP right away!

No I have not started af on my own since I started met. But it feels like I am this cycle. Hopefully I will :)

No I have not started af on my own since I started met. But it feels like I am this cycle. Hopefully I will :)

Oh ok. WHen I take metformin, I get my cycle that same month, every time. Hopefully you will get yours this month as well!:hugs:

Question for you ladies, does anyone know if pineapple juice is good or bad for u when ttc

Question for you ladies, does anyone know if pineapple juice is good or bad for u when ttc

Pineapple juice is fine, though the fruit is probably better (especially the core)...but after ovulation. Before ovulation, it will make your cervical mucus acidic and more hostile to sperm, so it will lessen the chances of conception.

After ovulation, pineapple fruit is good because it has an enzyme that thins the blood and helps with implantation. :) But it's not clear if pineapple juice has enough of the enzyme to make a difference...

thanks so much, I can drink a gallon of pineapple juice in a day (its my fave juice lol) so I will be cutting back now and drink it only after ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->