African or African-Americans TTC

Ladies,

I want in on this praying and agreeing too.(lol) I stand with you and claim victory over ttc in the mighty name of Jesus.

So I'm reading through some of the posts, and I see one in which this mother who is 20 weeks pregnant states that she is "devastated" about having a boy because she knows another person who has a boy and that baby is sickly. I wanted to SCREAM!!! While I understand everyone is free to share their opinions and whatnot, what would make someone post something like that on a site where other women would trade everything to be where you are?

I'm not judging her or her feelings, what I take issue with is how, and where, she chose to share them. Maybe I'm extra sensitive because AF visited today, or because it took me three years to have my first. But isn't the point to have a healthy, happy baby? No matter the sex? Especially at this time of year, we should be extra thankful for the blessings we do have, instead of whining and crying about those we don't.

I understand we all say and do things we sometimes regret, especially when we're hormonal. But part of being a grown woman and deciding to have children is learning how to appropriately handle and deal with our negative emotions. It's a reason why 12 year olds shouldn't have children.

So, whoever it was who posted that, while you're "devastated" your having a boy, make sure your child isn't "devastated" to have you as a mother.

Oh my - I don't even know what to say to that. This is tough for me because I have lost a baby so I am EXTRA sensitive about things like this - but I honestly feel that for some women who have never struggled to get pregnant or suffered through pregnancy loss, they are sometimes very naieve and more concerned about trivial things. For me the very LEAST of my worries would be my baby's gender - I would be more concerned about my baby making it safely into the world and being healthy; but that is because I suffered a harsh loss. I guess I can see how some people would make comments like that (although I would not).

Hey ladies! I think I'm on cd 7 and feeling great. My appt is on the 4th and we start our course of action for out ttc journey. I was praying to O early, but its okay to O late cause FF has it calculated a week after my appt. So, i rather O late than early so I can start my clomid on time.

So I think AF is gonna get me this month. I took my temp this morning and noticed there was a big drop. I had a slight drop yesterday and thought it might have been a fluke but I guess not. I was really disappointed - so upset that I was in tears. Hubby thinks I might be putting too much pressure on myself (sigh). I don't know - just really tired of TTC and ready to be preggers already. Anyways I guess it's better to find out this way than get a BFN right before the holidays.

any updates????

Hi ladies!!! Been away for a while with work and exams etc. Still TTC , not giving up of course, D6/31 so waiting to get lot's of BDing in the new yea :) Just wanted to drop by and say a BIG HELLO to all the new ladies, and encourage those also waiting for their BFPS that it will happen sometime, probably when we r least expecting it!! So stay blessed, and happy holidays y'all!

Hiya Lily nice to see you again :). Merry Christmas

So I think AF is gonna get me this month. I took my temp this morning and noticed there was a big drop. I had a slight drop yesterday and thought it might have been a fluke but I guess not. I was really disappointed - so upset that I was in tears. Hubby thinks I might be putting too much pressure on myself (sigh). I don't know - just really tired of TTC and ready to be preggers already. Anyways I guess it's better to find out this way than get a BFN right before the holidays.

any updates????
Well right now just waiting on AF to come. I took a HPT yesterday morning and got a BFN. I'm pretty sure it's not too early since AF is expected on Friday and it was an early result test. Oh well...just trying to focus on getting ready for my trip and hoping that I have a good holiday with my family. Went to a holiday party tonight with some of hubby's coworkers. One of the couples is expecting their first child. She's 6 months pregnant - same point I was when I lost Alexis <sigh>. It just hits really hard at the oddest moments. Sometimes I wish that I was able to go back to the days when pregnancy talk would just wash over me and not affect me in any kind of way.

any updates????
Well right now just waiting on AF to come. I took a HPT yesterday morning and got a BFN. I'm pretty sure it's not too early since AF is expected on Friday and it was an early result test. Oh well...just trying to focus on getting ready for my trip and hoping that I have a good holiday with my family. Went to a holiday party tonight with some of hubby's coworkers. One of the couples is expecting their first child. She's 6 months pregnant - same point I was when I lost Alexis <sigh>. It just hits really hard at the oddest moments. Sometimes I wish that I was able to go back to the days when pregnancy talk would just wash over me and not affect me in any kind of way.

:hugs:

:hugs::hugs:

any updates????
hugs

Hey Ladies, Just stopping in to say Happy Holidays!!!!! Still no BFP yet, but I hope to have one soon!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone! Continue to be encouraged! Remembering each of you in my prayers!

Merry Christmas!!! Wishing you all the best now and in 2012!! :) :)

Just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a Merry and Blessed Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa and Best of Holidays :)

Happy Holidays ladies!:hugs:

Today I am 37 years old....sigh....what a blessing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->