African or African-Americans TTC

Happy Holidays ladies!:hugs:

Today I am 37 years old....sigh....what a blessing!

Happy birthday MrsCK! Thanks for starting this thread by the way; I get encouraged when I come by here every so often and see success stories in those who ttc'd for a long time! Stay blessed!!:flower:

Hi All! I haven't been here in a looooong time! I have been busy with work, moving, and just preparing for our special arrival! I was also put out on bed rest due to low fluid levels and hypertension. But by the grace of God our little miracle made his entrance last Tuesday 12-20 @ 7:15 p.m. via c-section. I went in for a normal dr appt on 12-19 and she( my dr) sent me right over to L&D! He was born at 36+2 and the only issues were jaundice, praise GOD! He did only weigh 4.15 but that is how much a baby w/ a GA of 36 is suppose to weigh. I feel so blessed and happy! We decided to name him Isaiah James. Gotta go feed now so hopefully I'll be able to check in here and there.

Wishing all a very Happy Holiday season and plenty of prayers to those expecting lil blessings and plenty of prayers and :dust: to those who are waiting to be blessed.

Hi All! I haven't been here in a looooong time! I have been busy with work, moving, and just preparing for our special arrival! I was also put out on bed rest due to low fluid levels and hypertension. But by the grace of God our little miracle made his entrance last Tuesday 12-20 @ 7:15 p.m. via c-section. I went in for a normal dr appt on 12-19 and she( my dr) sent me right over to L&D! He was born at 36+2 and the only issues were jaundice, praise GOD! He did only weigh 4.15 but that is how much a baby w/ a GA of 36 is suppose to weigh. I feel so blessed and happy! We decided to name him Isaiah James. Gotta go feed now so hopefully I'll be able to check in here and there.

Wishing all a very Happy Holiday season and plenty of prayers to those expecting lil blessings and plenty of prayers and :dust: to those who are waiting to be blessed.

Congrats on your new addition! Best Christmas gift/blessing ever! :xmas9:

:happydance: Congratulations!!

Congratulations!!! How wonderful. :)

Happy holidays, happy birthday Mrs.brown, and congrats mzhiklass!

Well its been a few days since I've been on. I'm on cd 14 and my temps have been elevated last 3 days. Idk why I didn't temp during the holidays and I missed on day earlier on in my cycle. I don't think I'm ovulating no pains no symptoms. Just curious as why?

Well its been a few days since I've been on. I'm on cd 14 and my temps have been elevated last 3 days. Idk why I didn't temp during the holidays and I missed on day earlier on in my cycle. I don't think I'm ovulating no pains no symptoms. Just curious as why?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Why are your temps elevated? With missing those temps before, it's hard to tell what's going on, but I don't think you're ovulating just yet. Have you had any EWCM or anything yet? Your temps can vary from month to month and your coverline will change accordingly, so don't worry if they aren't exactly what you expect. Just keep on temping and hopefully things will become clearer in the coming days. :)

Congratulations!

I'm not sure what you're asking. Why are your temps elevated? With missing those temps before, it's hard to tell what's going on, but I don't think you're ovulating just yet. Have you had any EWCM or anything yet? Your temps can vary from month to month and your coverline will change accordingly, so don't worry if they aren't exactly what you expect. Just keep on temping and hopefully things will become clearer in the coming days. :)
Yeah basically why they're so elevated. I dont think I O'd yet either DBZ. I only experienced watery cm about a hour after working out. So I know thats nothing. yesterday i thought I was coming down with something. And later that night I was puking and dint wanna eat.

Okay thanks!

Congrats on your blessing hunni. Good to hear that all went well :). I bet he is adorable. Beautiful name

Happy Birthday MrsKC and Congrats to Mshiklass, Floppyears and all the other ladies who've gotten BFPs and delivered their little ones. *tears* This thread has made so much progress in over a year. So happy for you all. Be blessed.

:hugs: :dust: :cloud9:

Hey Ladies! I have a question: Have any of you heard of taking cough syrup to thin cm? If so, have you tried it? Does it work/help? How often do you take it? And for how long?

Hey Ladies! I have a question: Have any of you heard of taking cough syrup to thin cm? If so, have you tried it? Does it work/help? How often do you take it? And for how long?

I've heard of that. I think most women I've come across take Mucinex, but the ingredient that you're looking for is Guaifenesin.

Make sure to find a cough medicine/syrup that has ONLY Guaifenesin in it and not a lot of other active ingredients, because some have been known to dry out cervical mucus, and that's the opposite of what you're going for.

I think the proper doseage is 2 teaspoons, 3 times a day (200 mg) for cough syrup. For Mucinex, it's 200mg (however many pills that is), 3 times a day. Either form you take it in, you should drink a glass of water afterwards, to reduce side effects and increase it's effectiveness. Make sure to stay within the dosage guidelines, because too much can lead to kidney stones, nausea and vomiting.

I've read that you should start 5 days before you think you're going to ovulate and take it until ovulation, but not after that. You need the mucus after ovulation to be thick and creamy to protect against infection.

Hope this helps. :) Good luck!!

Congratulations!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"