African or African-Americans TTC

Thanks Tickledpink and Olivia is absolutely adorable.

Thanks for the welcome ladies!!

Little info, DH and I have been married for 6 years in May. We were ttc from 08 and finally got pregnant through an IVF clinical trial last April, I got my BFP on my birthday! I have diabetes and high blood pressure so after a not so easy pregnancy, I had my little boy via emergency csection after getting to 8 cm when his hr started decelerating with each subsequent contraction. I was induced at 38-3 due to pre-eclampsia, he came out great though and didn't have any NICU time which I was very thankful for. We used to live in NYC but now live in PA. Any questions about my ttc or preggo don't hesitate to ask.

I do have a question as a matter of fact! I suffer with high blood pressure and I have recently been put on meds. January as a matter of fact , my pressure is up and down so I never worry too much. However my PCP put me on a low dosage medication 2 times a day and now recemtly 3 times. I told my fertility doc about it and she said it was the one she would have put me on ...the thing is I went back to the PCP right b4 the IUi and she increased the dosage to 3 times a day. I am nervous about pre-eclmapsia. How did it effect you and your daily routine. I workout 3-4 times a week (though the dr told me to hold off until after the 1st sono so I'm out) I eat ok , not overweight or anything, its genetics and a stressful job :wacko: Any advice?

Hi ladies. Unfortunately AF got me when I woke up:nope: Was so busy at work during the day so too busy to feel sorry for myself. But when I got home, felt so so low in my spirit and had a good cry. I'd really tried my best this month, and have been trying to DTD especially the last 5 months around my positive opk, every other day, and used preseed last month, and softcups the month before, but alas, it's really taking long. I felt better though after my cry and asking God how long Lord, and although I've never had a bfp,(I know it 's so variable for everyone), but I just pray it will be soon, because there's nothing I want more than to be a good mom like my mom was to me. SO please keep praying for us who've never had a BFP that God blesses us soon because this is so much harder than I bargained for. I really wish I'd never gone on the pill for years, but I had mild endometriosis (not bad enough for surgery), and it can take longer to conceive, and was also busy with work.But I'm at that stage where I'm really ready to have kids, and am not getting any younger lol. It's hard to talk to my DH about how this can take a toll on me sometimes, but he tries to be supportive, and just says it will happen and doesn't seem stressed but I know it would make him so happy if we conceived. So anyway, I guess I just have to remind myself that this may take long, and to hang in there! Thanx for listening ladies.

I think we can all say we have been there before. I can definitely speak for myself when I say that I have. I think about how lucky some women are to keep pooping them out or my friends to say just have sex everyday and you're bound to get pregnant. I wish for us all that it were that easy. I was asking those same questions and my husband was the same way. I think he is maybe trying to be strong for you. My husband was elated when I told him at work he said he was shaking and had to go excuse himself from his desk. It will happen I am sure, GOD has a plan and we are all in it somehow. :)

Little info, DH and I have been married for 6 years in May. We were ttc from 08 and finally got pregnant through an IVF clinical trial last April, I got my BFP on my birthday! I have diabetes and high blood pressure so after a not so easy pregnancy, I had my little boy via emergency csection after getting to 8 cm when his hr started decelerating with each subsequent contraction. I was induced at 38-3 due to pre-eclampsia, he came out great though and didn't have any NICU time which I was very thankful for. We used to live in NYC but now live in PA. Any questions about my ttc or preggo don't hesitate to ask.

I do have a question as a matter of fact! I suffer with high blood pressure and I have recently been put on meds. January as a matter of fact , my pressure is up and down so I never worry too much. However my PCP put me on a low dosage medication 2 times a day and now recemtly 3 times. I told my fertility doc about it and she said it was the one she would have put me on ...the thing is I went back to the PCP right b4 the IUi and she increased the dosage to 3 times a day. I am nervous about pre-eclmapsia. How did it effect you and your daily routine. I workout 3-4 times a week (though the dr told me to hold off until after the 1st sono so I'm out) I eat ok , not overweight or anything, its genetics and a stressful job :wacko: Any advice?

My sister had pre eclampsia and they put her on a low sodium diet even after she had my niece. My sister worked out the whole time she was pregnant (obsessed about gaining weight) but some how the foods she was eating had too much sodium. The best you can do is to lower your sodium intake and it's in more things than you know so you will have to be a label looker for a while. Drinks, snacks, and even raw fruits and vegetables can have loads of sodium.

On another note, I think I'm out this month. When I was pregnant the first time, I had all kinds of symptoms. Now, just nothing. Not even the sign of AF showing. I forgot how stressful this all was!

My sister had pre eclampsia and they put her on a low sodium diet even after she had my niece. My sister worked out the whole time she was pregnant (obsessed about gaining weight) but some how the foods she was eating had too much sodium. The best you can do is to lower your sodium intake and it's in more things than you know so you will have to be a label looker for a while. Drinks, snacks, and even raw fruits and vegetables can have loads of sodium.

On another note, I think I'm out this month. When I was pregnant the first time, I had all kinds of symptoms. Now, just nothing. Not even the sign of AF showing. I forgot how stressful this all was!

Yeah my dr put me on the DASH diet.. right before my IUI , but I haven't been following it well.:nope: BUT I really need to.

Sorry to hear you are out this month i hate seeing AF signs:growlmad:

Well, AF did not show.
I had to see my HCP because I had food poisoning earlier this week...we got to chatting about how I had a :bfn: and AF is now 4 days late.

She tested and I got a :bfp: :happydance:
I was actually in tears and so overwhelmed!! Too Happy! Thank you Lord.

Congrats hopefulywa8tn and everyone else who just got positive test results.

Keeping the rest of you ladies in my prayers :hugs:

Well, AF did not show.
I had to see my HCP because I had food poisoning earlier this week...we got to chatting about how I had a :bfn: and AF is now 4 days late.

Congratulations! H&H 9 months to you.

Well, AF did not show.

Congrats! Healthy, blissful pregnancy :hugs:

Congrats on all the :bfp: and who is all ready pregnant :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: And also dancing for all of us who is going to be pregnant :happydance::happydance::happydance:

AF is not the end ladies.

I wish I had some advice but my bp stayed out of control before, during and still is not under the 120/80.

Well, AF did not show.

Congrats. To God be the glory.

Congrats hopefullyw8tn and Nessah on your new pregnancies! God is so good!

Not much longer Floppyears and Rdy! I am so happy for you all.

To those still in waiting, I promise you that God has not forgotten you! Your blessing is on the way!:happydance:

As for me, DH and I have been practicing and I have been taking my metformin half-heartedly..I really need to get better at taking it if I plan to get preggo! I KNOW it will happen though because I trust God and if he blessed me two other times I KNOW he will do it again!

Also Master Malcolm Brown will be 1 years old this saturday...woot, woot! We have family coming from Richmond, VA and Chicago, IL, so it will be a blast. Both sets of his grandparents will be there and meeting for the first time! I am SO looking forward to it.

Hope everyone is well!:hugs:

Time sure has flown by @mrskcbrown

AF is one day late though I'm not convinced I'm pregnant. I'm still crampy. I just wished it would get here so I can go ahead and try for next month. This breast feeding thing sure isn't helping lol My cycle is way out of wack. *sigh*

Hello Ladies!!!!

I haven't been here in a long while....well I've been stalking a little :)

Just came to wish all you ladies luck and great blessings from God!!!!
TTC'ers - hang in there! Your time is coming soon!! FXD!!!
New Cycler's - this is your time!!! I hope you catch that eggy!!!! :thumbup:
2WW'ers - :dust: FXD!!! Let's see those bfp's!!!!
Preggers - H&H 9 months to you and baby!!! I hope you all are dealing with the changes well. Try to relax.

And a special shoutout to those ladies who are in limbo. I hope you find some answers soon!!!! :hugs:

Wishing you all the best!!!!! :dust: :hugs:

Oh, and congratulations to all the ladies with bfps!!!!! YAY!!!!! :bfp: :wohoo: :happydance: :yipee:

I just started my TWW, sitting at 3DPO. I'm hoping for a BFP this month...DH has been more into TTC this month and hopefully his dedication to the cause will pay off. :) lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->