African or African-Americans TTC

Hi ladies!!! It's been a while, but I had to take a break. TTC can become stressful and I felt as though I needed to take some time off. During that time, the hubby and I took a much needed vacation and now we'll start back.

Now, I wanted to ask you ladies for a assistance with this whole charting and tempting thingy...lol!! Here are my questions:

-What website do you use (charts) and is there a mobile app as well?
-Do you track with opk's and use the charting method as well? If so, what brand of opk's?
-What day do you start tempting?
-Where did you purchase your basal thermometer?
-How do you take your temperature (personal, but I'm trying to see what works best..lol)?

I just wanted to add that I have a clearblue easy fertility monitor that I've never used.
I'm thinking that I should use these along with tempting and opk's. Is that too much?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!

Hi everyone!Congrats to all the new BFPs!!

Fcracker, glad u r back on TTC bandwagon! I too have a CBFM and it has it's ups and downs. Try it for at least 3 months. It became too expensive for me. It might ask for 20 test kits the 1st month as it learns your cycle and you may not get a high or peak the 1st month. After that it should be fine. Start testing from 1st day of period, set your timing window in the morning ( see the CBFM thread- v helpful) & I would use opks in the pm from day 5 so as not to miss your peak. For me i always got a peak when opk was posutive, so i only use opks now (buy the internet cheapies , like the Wondfo one step ovulation strips 50 for $12 online). People say BD anyway every other day once menses stop so there's always a good supply of swimmers. Ps, Im not following my own advice at the moment coz life is too hectic right now, but I try opks from cd10 until opk+ as my cycle is 29-32 days!

BBT monitoring didn't work for me coz no matter what I forget to temp on waking up, and I'd be out of the bed before I remembered:wacko:- some people use an alarm though- whatever works for you. I'm sure these lovely ladies will suggest how to, but under the tongue seems a good enough place. Amazon sells lots of digital BBT thermometers - check out the reviews.Websites- fertility friend has a good app and loads of advice on everything.but I use a simple app called monthly cycles which is all I need:thumbup: and don't forget prenatals.
Baby dust to all:flower:

Hi ladies!!! It's been a while, but I had to take a break. TTC can become stressful and I felt as though I needed to take some time off. During that time, the hubby and I took a much needed vacation and now we'll start back.

Now, I wanted to ask you ladies for a assistance with this whole charting and tempting thingy...lol!! Here are my questions:

-What website do you use (charts) and is there a mobile app as well?
-Do you track with opk's and use the charting method as well? If so, what brand of opk's?
-What day do you start tempting?
-Where did you purchase your basal thermometer?
-How do you take your temperature (personal, but I'm trying to see what works best..lol)?

I just wanted to add that I have a clearblue easy fertility monitor that I've never used.
I'm thinking that I should use these along with tempting and opk's. Is that too much?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!

Hi everyone!Congrats to all the new BFPs!!

Fcracker, glad u r back on TTC bandwagon! I too have a CBFM and it has it's ups and downs. Try it for at least 3 months. It became too expensive for me. It might ask for 20 test kits the 1st month as it learns your cycle and you may not get a high or peak the 1st month. After that it should be fine. Start testing from 1st day of period, set your timing window in the morning ( see the CBFM thread- v helpful) & I would use opks in the pm from day 5 so as not to miss your peak. For me i always got a peak when opk was posutive, so i only use opks now (buy the internet cheapies , like the Wondfo one step ovulation strips 50 for $12 online). People say BD anyway every other day once menses stop so there's always a good supply of swimmers. Ps, Im not following my own advice at the moment coz life is too hectic right now, but I try opks from cd10 until opk+ as my cycle is 29-32 days!

BBT monitoring didn't work for me coz no matter what I forget to temp on waking up, and I'd be out of the bed before I remembered:wacko:- some people use an alarm though- whatever works for you. I'm sure these lovely ladies will suggest how to, but under the tongue seems a good enough place. Amazon sells lots of digital BBT thermometers - check out the reviews.Websites- fertility friend has a good app and loads of advice on everything.but I use a simple app called monthly cycles which is all I need:thumbup: and don't forget prenatals.
Baby dust to all:flower:

Thank lilyrose, I can use all the assistance I can get.
I started with my BBT and CBFM this morning via alarm or else I would totally forget..lol!!

I'm using Fertility Friend for charting to track my pattern of ovulation and as a backup to the CBFM I have the internet cheapies (Wondfo). I'll start with those on CD 5. I'm excited, but this week has been rough. This week was the due date time frame for my last pregnancy. I can't help but to think about it, but I know that GOD doesn't make mistakes. He promised that I shall be fruitful and multiply, so I'm holding him to his word. Also, the DH and I are taking vitamins and OMEGA-3 supplements. Our diets are pretty healthy, so we'll see what happens. Please pray that this our month and we'll be doing to the same for you all!!

Thank lilyrose, I can use all the assistance I can get.
I started with my BBT and CBFM this morning via alarm or else I would totally forget..lol!!

I'm using Fertility Friend for charting to track my pattern of ovulation and as a backup to the CBFM I have the internet cheapies (Wondfo). I'll start with those on CD 5. I'm excited, but this week has been rough. This week was the due date time frame for my last pregnancy. I can't help but to think about it, but I know that GOD doesn't make mistakes. He promised that I shall be fruitful and multiply, so I'm holding him to his word. Also, the DH and I are taking vitamins and OMEGA-3 supplements. Our diets are pretty healthy, so we'll see what happens. Please pray that this our month and we'll be doing to the same for you all!!

:hugs: sorry about your past loss. Will be praying for us all- it will happen some time:dust::dust:

Well those mild cramps have turned into af so I'm out this round. I'll enjoy my anniversary saturday and start round 2 Clomid.

:thumbup:
Well, charting has gone well thus far. Due to me having to get up at 5:45 a.m. for work every morning, there's really no inconvenience at all and the process isn't time consuming. I started Mucinex last night in hopes of increasing my cm abundantly and I'll be using internet cheapies tomorrow evening. As I move along, I'l post my charts for the experts to critique or advise. Thanks ladies and have a spectacular weekend!! :happydance:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d65b6/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Chart

Here is my chart thus far, ladies. I couldn't temp at the same time Saturday morning. I had to travel a great distance for a family emergency, so that threw me off by 3 hours. As you can see, my CBFM show "high fertilty" this morning.

Here is my chart thus far, ladies. I couldn't temp at the same time Saturday morning. I had to travel a great distance for a family emergency, so that threw me off by 3 hours. As you can see, my CBFM show "high fertilty" this morning.

Charting is very structured and the slightest change in time, sleep pattern, temperature etc..can surely throw it off. I charted for a couple of months (3-4). It was the month that I didn't chart that I conceived :dohh:

I will not be charting this time, we will just enjoy the ride and see what happens.

Hoping to be preggos by August.

Good luck with your charting....

Charting is very structured and the slightest change in time, sleep pattern, temperature etc..can surely throw it off. I charted for a couple of months (3-4). It was the month that I didn't chart that I conceived :dohh:

I will not be charting this time, we will just enjoy the ride and see what happens.

Hoping to be preggos by August.

Good luck with your charting....

For some odd reason, I'm enjoying the charting process. The one time that I conceived, it was by total surprise and we weren't trying. Being that it ended in a loss and I had a laraposcopy, my cycle has shortened and my symptoms during ovulation are far more intense. It's like I'm learning my body all over again. Baby and sticky dust to you!!

Hey ladies! It seems i havent been here since forever. Im waiting to ovulate. I took clomid and finished it on the 6th. I tested on sunday and monday so far and no smiley face yet. Im not holding out a lot if hope for this clomid cycle but we shall see. My son is now 15 months and is into having tantrums:wacko:. When he falls out, i just walk away. Its all i can do to stay sane!

Hope everyone is blessed. If you are on instagram, follow me: mrskcbrown:winkwink:

Hey ladies! It seems i havent been here since forever. Im waiting to ovulate. I took clomid and finished it on the 6th. I tested on sunday and monday so far and no smiley face yet. Im not holding out a lot if hope for this clomid cycle but we shall see. My son is now 15 months and is into having tantrums:wacko:. When he falls out, i just walk away. Its all i can do to stay sane!

Hope everyone is blessed. If you are on instagram, follow me: mrskcbrown:winkwink:

mrskcbrown, I was wondering where you were??? The thread seemed really quiet. I know I have been MIA lol......

Malcolm is throwing them at 15 months, my babygirl throws them now. Stiff back, legs, all that:wacko:

Good to hear that you are staying positive through your TTC journey. One thing you know for sure is that "HE IS ABLE".....

I will add you on instagram as soon as i figure this thing out..

Inluv(Val)

Hey ladies,
I have a quick question. I'm currently CD 9, due to ovulate CD 12. I have creamy cm and in my high fertilty days. NO EWCM whatsoever and I've been taking MUCINEX (1200 mg a day) since CD 3. I'm confused as to why it's not working. I drink water as I'm supposed to daily.

I couldnt do charting. I worked odd hours and so getting up at the same time just didn't work for me :haha:

mrskcbrown: Olivia does that and I shouldnt say this but I laugh. See kids are smart. If the ground is hard, she will very slowly lay down and THEN start to kick and scream. All it took was for her to hit that head hard one time. Or she will throw stuff. That's not so funny and I have to put her in her time out spot. I use to feel bad but now I do like you, just walk away. She listens to her daddy but ignores me. pfft.

Hey ladies,
I have a quick question. I'm currently CD 9, due to ovulate CD 12. I have creamy cm and in my high fertilty days. NO EWCM whatsoever and I've been taking MUCINEX (1200 mg a day) since CD 3. I'm confused as to why it's not working. I drink water as I'm supposed to daily.

To hard to say. We would all really just be guessing right along with you. I would just :sex: now until 3-4 days after you ovulate to be safe. I took robitussin and for me it didn't work. The only thing worked for my fertility was the Almighty of course, time, and MACA which i'm currently back on.

Good luck :)

hi ladies :)
Just stopping by to say hi :) gotta get back to work, but know i am praying and thinking of you all :)

So happy that my prayers were answered. I have EWCM!! May not seem big to all, but it's major for me. Things are looking up and back to normal.

@Christylove-Good to see you!
@fcracker-congrats! Now time to :sex: and not let that go to waste :happydance:

How's everybody doing today? Sad to say AF got me, again today. Have been having slightly prolonged cycles. Normally AF cd 29-31.last month AF was cd34, and this month cd32. Was really hopeful these past 2 weeks. Unfortunately was symptom spotting from 8 dpo when I started having sore boobs around the sides which I never had before, and these weird cramps like pinching in the sides. Myboobs are huge anyway but I never get such pain except mild nipple tenderness sometimes in 2ww. Needless to say started spotting today and cramping in my belly button, so I knew AF was coming. Please pray for me as I'm still waiting for my 1st BFP ever, & i think im doing most things right,always use opks and have positive results and try to bd when I'm supposedly fertile. I guess I'm now impatient and just want it to be my turn soon before work gets busier than it is already.

F cracker did u get your BFP??
How's Hisgrace, Mrs October - not seen you in a long while...
Good luck to all the ladies!

I'm here. :wave: thanks for asking. I don't have a clue what's going on with my cycles because I've been lazy. LOL. Im still in vacation mode, but I'm still praying for everyone. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->