African or African-Americans TTC

mrskc my thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope your doctor is able to give you some answers tomorrow!

All the ladies that are TTC, I'm sending you tons of :dust:! Your prayers will be answered, I'm sure of it!!

Thanks, I know all the answers already:haha: I am going to wait to do the IUI because I think God is telling me to do so. Maybe June:shrug: AF is due on wedding anniversary which is June 6 so Im so hoping for a anniversary :bfp:!!!

Hi MrsK, am so glad you arent giving up, praying for you girl and like mum always says God never puts you through something he knows you cant handle. You will get through this and your prayers will be answered. :hugs:

Hello, my name is Lia and I am married to Larry since 15th of Oct.
We are TTC, we have been blessed with great jobs, we just our first house and
we have 5 boys between us both. God willing we would like children
together (hopefully a Girl) but a bundle of joy would be a blessing
any sex. I have been educating myself on bbt, cervix positioning, ovulation
and more, but it is very disappointing when nothing works and we
have to wait for thw next month. He gets really happy when he thinks we have
concieved. He is already a great dad and we need the support.

Welcome Lisa! We're glad to have you! Hopefully you get your :bfp: soon!

Welcome Lisa .... I pray you get your :bfp: very soon ......

Could not wait so I tested yesterday and got a :bfn: .... Seriously praying and hoping i tested too early .. will test again on the 10th.

Please keep your FX for me .......

Hi I am a mom of 2 girls and i have been ttc for only 1 mnth now...Recently had my implanon removed after 1.5 yrs so excited and ready for #3....I have heard alot of horror stories after implanon, but i am keeping FAITH alive...Hopefully i get a :bfp: by august i am currently 4 dpo +opk 5/2 so me and the hubby had plenty :sex: ....Good Luck to everyone:dust:

Hi momo198 welcome .......... praying for you loads of:dust:

:flower:Welcome MomO and Seriouswomn!:hugs: So glad you are here.!!!

Hey ladies

So I went to the DR today. First let me start by saying that she is such a sweet lady but can be pessimistic sometimes. Im wondering if she knows Jesus. My DH has had 2 SA's. The first SA wasnt that great: 2% morphology, 6 million count, low volume and good motility. Well the second SA this past March was 6% morphology, 14 million count, still low volume and good motility. He is taking meds for the volume issue. Now to me, this was awesome. Anything going up is great to me. Well she goes on to say, "this is good but not that great, I believe that you will still need IVF and that IUI may not do you any good". Then she went on with how I need to lose weight, so Im including a pic of me. Now Im not morbidly obese but sure I can stand to lose a few pounds. She tells me that if I dont lose weight that the IUI may not go well and neither the IVF. When I go to her, I always feel like she is pushing me to do IVF. I havent even mentioned that I want to do that. I cant even afford that. Unfortunately, in the midsouth this is the only fertility center in the area, so I can only choose between her and 2 other DRs in the office. They are males and I like female DRs.

When I was preggers with DD I was 10lbs less than what I am now and everything turned out just fine. Im not against losing weight but it seemed that this was her whole focus today. So I politely redirected her and asked her to give me the protocol for IUI, and we moved on from there.

She said that it was awesome that I am charting and finally Oing on my own. The nurse gave me a card for 3 free months of clomid, 1/2 off on the ovidrel shot I will need to trigger ovulation when we decide to do the IUI, and of course the protocol of the days to come in for the ultrasound and etc.We may do it in June, if no BFP this month. It's approximately $698.

Im just still going to trust God because I know even though he gives the DRs wisdom, He has the final say in what is going to happen. And for this I am grateful.

Thanks for reading my rant!:haha:

Attachments

• NYE 2009 009.jpg
    NYE 2009 009.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 7
Hey ladies, just dropping by (again lol)!

Mrskc, you don't look very overweight to me but, losing weight has been proven to help with fertility...and think of it this way, if you do choose to lose a few now, it'll be much better when you're preggers. I gained 48 lbs with my 1st and trying to get that weight off was a challenge! I never returned to my pre-pregnancy weight, either...If I were you, I'd give it a go! I've heard stories of women not being able to conceive but then they have success after losing just 5-10lbs so ya never know, it might save you $700! It may not seem like a lot, but 5-10lbs can drastically change the way your body works...ya never know. Nothing but positive things can come out of exercising! I'm only 125 (5'2) but I know wish I had been more active prior to this one because I'm exhausted ALL THE TIME. Now, I find it so hard to get up and get moving...just saying. Either way, fxd and wishing all of you ladies the best of blessings :) :hugs:

Welcome Lisa and Mom198, I pray God shows all of us favor..Goodluck and babydust to you all :dust:

Hi All,

MrsKC, you look lovely firstly. I think if the doctor's advice is to loose some weight then its worth a shot. I cannot say for certain this is the case but I got my :bfp: a month after I started exercising consistently again.

While TTC I was living in 2 week cycles, the first half I wouldn't exercise cos I had very painful and long periods, and then the second half I would be too scared to overdo it and knock the spermies off course so would maybe only go once or twice in the whole month. I finally got to a point where I decided to stop letting TTC rule my life and carry on as normal so started running 4 mornings a week and taking swimming lessons.

So as PurpleKisses said it can't hurt non and could possibly help some.

Hope I’ve been helpful :hugs:

:flower: Welcome to all the new ladies. Hope you all get your :bfp: very soon

Hi All,

MrsKC, you look lovely firstly. I think if the doctor's advice is to loose some weight then its worth a shot. I cannot say for certain this is the case but I got my :bfp: a month after I started exercising consistently again.

While TTC I was living in 2 week cycles, the first half I wouldn't exercise cos I had very painful and long periods, and then the second half I would be too scared to overdo it and knock the spermies off course so would maybe only go once or twice in the whole month. I finally got to a point where I decided to stop letting TTC rule my life and carry on as normal so started running 4 mornings a week and taking swimming lessons.

So as PurpleKisses said it can't hurt non and could possibly help some.

Hope I’ve been helpful :hugs:

Hi-

I dont mind working out, etc, etc, but it seems that she was just harping on that and I felt like she was making it seem like I was morbidly obese. A woman at my church is 300+lbs and just had twins. This was her weight before the twins! So I take it all in stride because I am going to get my BFP and prove her wrong. Yeah I will work out but if I dont lose a lb or an inch, Im satisfied with me, and so is my hubby...he loves it:blush:

You look beautiful Mrsk.

As for me, well.....I'm officially out this cycle. I could literally feel my egg dropping late last night/early this morning, but alas....my DH and I's tiff has prevented any kind of BD this week...... ah well! Roll on next cycle :shrug:

Welcome to the newbies!

Hi Lisa, momo198...:hi: Welcome....:hugs:

mrskcbrown.... you look fine...:flower: I don't think your weight is a problem... I'm around 200ish and always been that way and had 2 beautiful children with no problems...:thumbup: So i will continue to pray and it will happen in due time..:hugs: as for me my temps are up..:happydance: so i'm :test: next friday.. :dust:

You look beautiful Mrsk.

As for me, well.....I'm officially out this cycle. I could literally feel my egg dropping late last night/early this morning, but alas....my DH and I's tiff has prevented any kind of BD this week...... ah well! Roll on next cycle :shrug:

Welcome to the newbies!

Wow, you can feel the egg dropping?? Do you mean the ovulation pains? Have you had any BD time around this ovulation? Give it a try tonite. Im praying for you and DH.:hugs:ISI:hugs:

Hi Lisa, momo198...:hi: Welcome....:hugs:

mrskcbrown.... you look fine...:flower: I don't think your weight is a problem... I'm around 200ish and always been that way and had 2 beautiful children with no problems...:thumbup: So i will continue to pray and it will happen in due time..:hugs: as for me my temps are up..:happydance: so i'm :test: next friday.. :dust:

Hi:flower: Where is your chart? I love to chart stalk. Good your temps are going up. When mine were going up, it ended up being a bust, what a bummer.:wacko: I know yours will be different though, you will have a BFP!

I've been trying to put it on here...:dohh: I guess i don't know how...:nope:.. but thank you i'm praying that this is my month...[-o<...:dust:

Isi - with my current pregnancy, DH and I bd'd two days before I O'd, and that's it. I just knew I was out, I was already making plans to really try next month, but what do you know? BFP at 10dpo. Couldn't believe my eyes!!! And I also had some spotting, which I thought was AF showing up, turns out it was implantation.

I agree with Mrskc, try to give it a go tonight!! :dust:

And Mrskc - you are beautiful! Personally, I don't think your weight is a factor, sounds like your Doc is really pressing you for IVF. Can't wait to see you prove her wrong! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->