African or African-Americans TTC

Hello Everyone! Hope you don't mind me chiming in.

My DH and I are on our 3rd month TTC, but I just got my CB Fertility Monitor this month so it's the first time I'm paying attention so closely. It's kinda scary b/c I've never ever known when exactly I was ovulating, never paid attention to cervical mucous or anything like that because we never felt ready to try!

We've been married for 6 years and we aint getting any younger plus it's getting kind of old saying "when we have kids" when we haven't been trying! So here goes... I'm 32 and a lil bit freaked out that the plumbing won't work, but whenever I stress I tend to say "God's will" and calm myself down. My current philosophy is if God wants me to be a mama, then I'll be a mama. If it doesn't happen, then it was never meant to be. Let's see...

Good luck to all with a BFP! & for those of us who are waiting for that day, keep the faith!

Good luck everyone !

LOL, ladies...I know, I'm just a tease! LOL. But OH really doesn't want to know. Wants me to wait until at least the baby shower (so we can get gender specific things) and then hopefully by then little bubs will make their appearance. Sometimes I leave my computer on and don't want to take the chance that someone will see my posts. LOL. But trust me, I will let you all know...sometime :)

And I didn't forget you YankeeMama30: Welcome!!!!!

Thanks lovely ladies. I'll definitely keep on praying for direction. But to be honest, I am leaning more in the IVF direction though. Kinda weary after 21 cycles ttc!!!

Flying out on vacation tonight. Very sad about leaving my DH for 2 weeks :cry:....but also looking forward to catching up with my bestie!!! Definitely need the break from ttc!

VON!!!!!!! How did the ultrasound go??!!?!?! I'm so excited to hear. How are the rest you ladies? I'm just here. Bubba is jumping around and giving me tons of kicks. Enough to startle me! LOL. But I love it. Hope everyone is doing well. Chat soon.

VON!!!!!!! How did the ultrasound go??!!?!?! I'm so excited to hear. How are the rest you ladies? I'm just here. Bubba is jumping around and giving me tons of kicks. Enough to startle me! LOL. But I love it. Hope everyone is doing well. Chat soon.

It went GREAT! Baby is measuring right on track, and we are expecting a baby GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are so excited!!

CONGRATULATIONS VON!!!! I know how exciting it can be.

Welcome Yankeemama:flower:. You are not too old and your plumbing is working just fine. I will be 36 this year and I am pregnant so dont give up just yet:hugs:.

Hi ladies!

My cruise was great. It was such a good experience. I truly needed those late night talks with my girlfriends. I felt like we were back in college again. I ate lots of food, and I think if I eat one more thing I may burst!:wacko: I am so dark now because the sun in Nassau and Freeport was so hot!! I played in the clear blue waters, just an awesome time.

We did have one scare, myself and 6 of my girlfriends rode the banana boat. Well we were riding along when one of my friends got thrown off of the boat:cry:. So we called out to the boat driver so he could go back and get here but by the time he said that, our boat completely flipped over!! The water was so deep, and I was panicking...in fact all of us were. We couldnt get back on the banana boat so we were holding onto the side of his boat. It was so hard and felt myself giving up and I truly thought I was going to die. Eventually they pulled me up on the safety boat, but one of my girlfriends was too heavy so they dragged her to the shore before she could get on. Overall, now we laugh about it but it was very serious and we could have easily drowned. Thank God that He protected us.

No more banana boats for me:haha:.

Baby is fine and just growing right along. Praising God everyday for that.

@sincerevon: COngrats on the baby girl. I want another girl too, but I wont find out until delivery. So exciting!

@Kareen: Love the ultrasound.

@AJ::hugs:

@Isi: Ive been away from dh at least 3 weeks this month, so I know how you feel, but sometimes you need this time to regroup!

Hope everyone is doing well and I missed you all:hugs:.

Hello ladies,

My name is Karen. I have been stalking you guys thread. I was wondering if I could join in with you all. I am going to have the tubal reversal surgery in October. So I am not TTC just yet but I can be your biggest cheerleader and prayer warrior for sure.

I had my tubes tied when I was 21. I have 2 boys. My hubby and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. I am 37 now. Feel free to ask me whatever you want.

Hello ladies,

My name is Karen. I have been stalking you guys thread. I was wondering if I could join in with you all. I am going to have the tubal reversal surgery in October. So I am not TTC just yet but I can be your biggest cheerleader and prayer warrior for sure.

I had my tubes tied when I was 21. I have 2 boys. My hubby and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. I am 37 now. Feel free to ask me whatever you want.

Welcome Karen! We'd love to have you! I'm already crossing my fingers that everything goes well with your tubal reverasl in October!

Welcome Karen! And all the best for October. I'm sure it will go just fine.

Welcome back MrsKc!!!! The banana boat incident must have been so scary. I can't even imagine. But you're right...He was with you all and I'm ever so glad. You're almost in 2nd Tri!!! I can't believe where the time went!

To all the other ladies...have a great weekend. Long weekend here in Ontario so I will be enjoying it.

Welcome back, Mrskc! Yep, no more banana boats for you :winkwink:

Welcome Karen. Good luck for October hun!

I'm settling in and having the time of my life here in Augusta. Loving catching up with my bestie and connecting with my Godson. Really really therapeutic!

Sending lots of :hugs: and :kiss: to everyone!

Hey ladies, I hope everyone is doing well :)

Welcome Yankee and Karen! It's always nice to see new faces on the thread :flower:

Welcome back MrsK! I'm glad you had a great time and I'm glad you made it home safely! Yes, no more banana boats for you...:winkwink:

Congrats Sincerevon! I may be on team pink as well...I have another scan in about 2 weeks to confirm :thumbup:

Hey Isi, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself in Augusta. Take it easy :)

Where's Aj???

How is everyone else doing???

As for me, just been taking it one day at a time. I've been an emotional wreck for some reason lol...I cry at the silliest things sometimes. Baby has been kicking a lot more lately. Usually LO is awake for about 30 min to 1hr at night between 9-10 and sometimes I get a few kicks in the morning around 6 or 7...I don't hear much from her during the rest of the day. It's amazing :D

Still working on addressing that issue with my sister. I think she's really going through a tough time with the fertility issues. I really feel bad for her, but she's the type of person who tries to put up a facade as if everything is great while she's suffering on the inside...so I really don't know how to get to her because knowing her, she'll tell she's fine and just brush me off as not knowing what I'm talking about when I know she's hurting. I just don't want to end up inadvertently pouring salt on her wound by trying to help her through this. I'm really at a fork in the road when it comes to this situation...

Well, I hope everyone is having a great day and has a great weekend :D

Thank you all for the welcome.

I have a question and would love for anyone to chime in and give their thoughs.

My date for my surgery is October 4th. For whatever reason that was the date that stuck in my head. Well on day I was looking at the calender and realized that on that day it will mark the 25th anniversery of the death of my mother. Well I told my younger sister and she totally freaked out. She was only 3 when my mom died and I was 13. Our other siblings were 22,21 and17. So my younger sister and I was together the longest and are very close. My DH said that was the day my mom went to glory and it should be celebrated. Someone else said my mom would be there with me and has already picked my little bean. But my sister is freaking out and wants me to change the date. I also had a dream that I went in for surgery and when they put me to sleep I didn't seem to want to wake up. But the thought of being put under all ways freak me out. So to ramble but I just want to see what other christians thought.

Hi all,

Been a while hope everyone is well.

Have a good hol Isi, a break might be just what you need.

Purple have you tried sitting down and talking with your sis? Even if she maintains she's ok it might still do her good to know you care and are there for her.

Wow MrsKC that must have been real scary. I'd stay well clear of any bananna boats at least until bubs is here safe and sound.

Von..congrats my dear. I had my 20wk scan yesterday but hubby and I had previously decided not to find out but i have feeling this is a boy going by the constant karate chops and kicks i keep getting. I do hope though you are able to stop worrying a little now and enjoy every beautiful moment.

Welcome new ladies :flower:

Ready - TBH i don't believe is superstition. I understand the date might bring back memories of your mum's passing however as Christians our faith lies GOD and not dates. Pray on it for God to give you peace with the date and your anxiety about being put to sleep. If this date is not of the Lord's doing then if you pray by faith then events will unfold to ensure it does not go ahead. Do not allow what happened to your mother to affect your decisions, put your trust in Christ and he will guide you through this operation IJN

Thanks Beanni, and that is kind all that I think bothers me is the going under part. I tried to set my little sister at ease with that but it just bothers her. My DH is okay with that is why I am not changing it.

Hey ready!

I would say go ahead and do it. I dont believe in superstition either. That will still be the day that the Lord had made and everything will be fine!:hugs:

Hope everyone is doing well. Im trying to get my mind together to go back to work this monday. Teaching will really spoil you. Summers off and early work days. I wouldnt change my job for nothing! I O'd on the last day of school and thats when I got preggers, so I know this will be a shock to all I work with:haha:. Im so hungry so I gotta run!:hugs:

@ Ready. I'd go ahead with it. I'm sure your mother would want you to too. Bless your sis' heart, she's worried about you and just needs a little reassurance.

Purple have you tried sitting down and talking with your sis? Even if she maintains she's ok it might still do her good to know you care and are there for her.

No, I haven't. The main reason is because we live almost 3 hours away...and part of me still hasn't gotten over her comment to my mother about me getting HIV/AIDS although my OH and I are in a committed, monogamous relationship with each other. I don't know the exact comment that was made as she said it to my mother when my mother told her that I was pregnant. I don't know if she was trying to imply that my OH is unfaithful..which he's not...he's very attentive and loving...and most of his free time is spent with me....or if she was trying to insinuate that I'm promiscuous...which isn't true, either.

I can't say that I'm angry for her comment, just a little bewildered as to how or why my big sis would say something like that. I hate to say it, but I honestly think she's jealous...but knowing her, she'll never admit to it. I've tried talking to my mother about it and she just kinda blows it off and says that she'll get over it. So part of me is thinking that maybe mother knows best in this situation. Then again, that could just be my mom's way of telling me not to bother with it because she wants me to stay as stress free as possible and she knows how much my sis's initial comment upset me.

It's tough situation...I don't know...:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->