African or African-Americans TTC

Purple have you tried sitting down and talking with your sis? Even if she maintains she's ok it might still do her good to know you care and are there for her.

No, I haven't. The main reason is because we live almost 3 hours away...and part of me still hasn't gotten over her comment to my mother about me getting HIV/AIDS although my OH and I are in a committed, monogamous relationship with each other. I don't know the exact comment that was made as she said it to my mother when my mother told her that I was pregnant. I don't know if she was trying to imply that my OH is unfaithful..which he's not...he's very attentive and loving...and most of his free time is spent with me....or if she was trying to insinuate that I'm promiscuous...which isn't true, either.

I can't say that I'm angry for her comment, just a little bewildered as to how or why my big sis would say something like that. I hate to say it, but I honestly think she's jealous...but knowing her, she'll never admit to it. I've tried talking to my mother about it and she just kinda blows it off and says that she'll get over it. So part of me is thinking that maybe mother knows best in this situation. Then again, that could just be my mom's way of telling me not to bother with it because she wants me to stay as stress free as possible and she knows how much my sis's initial comment upset me.

It's tough situation...I don't know...:shrug:

Your sister sounds a lot like my older sister. She can be very mean and insenstive. I am not saying yours is but my sister said that same comment to me once. But I was not in a relationship at the time just hang with my girlfriends and enjoying life. My sister hubby has not always been good to her and others have told her. My point is she my in fact be jealous and in some way or another unhappy. I am not saying she is but just keep her lifted. Don't let it upset you we need the baby strong and happy when he/she gets here.

I hope you didn't mind me chiming in.

Hi girls just dropping in. welcome karen, will be praying for a successful surgery in october. Mrsk glad you had a wonderful vacation. Purple if it will help you to speak to your sister about it then go ahead, I think mum is just worried that it will become even bigger then it is now. All is well on this end just getting bigger, got a scan on tuesday, nervous and excited all in one.

Hey Ladies..AF is due in 3 days haven't been tempted to test...I dont feel pregnant..but i've never been pregnant before so...shrug: lol..Just wish me luck

Wow Ladies, yall been busy updating! I had to take notes so I don't miss anyone. Anyway, Hello Gorgeous Women! Hope you're having / had wonderful weekends!

OK, Von congrats on your little girl! I love baby girls. Nothing like a mother's relationship with her daughter.

MrsKC, thanks for your sweet comments. And what an interesting update! So glad God was watching over you and your girls. No more adventurous banana boats for you Mrs! :)

Hi Karen. Welcome aboard. I will be praying that your procedure goes as planned in October & I'm with the ladies - God will be watching over you. Don't worry about the GA. It's like going to sleep, before you know it you will be awake again.

Isi, hope you have fun on your holiday! Sounds like you need a break and some time with your bestfriend. Just what the doctor ordered after TTC. I never knew the process was so darned tiring! I guess I've always grown up thinking "Don't get pregnant! Be careful! Be safe!" Never knew how complicated the whole thing is... it just always felt like girls in my neighborhood were falling pregnant left and right...

Purple, Sister issues can be so tough. My sister and I struggled most of our lives, but funny enough when we lost our mom 2 years ago, all that stopped. We know now that family is so important and every day is not promised to us. It is so hard when you feel like your sis is doing wrong against you - it's like "What can I do?" because after all, she disrespected you and your OH. But, I would say try and understand where she is coming from. I don't know the whole story, but it sounds like she has had some fertility issues and now you're pregnant. Maybe she is jealous, but open your heart to her and respond to her with kindness. It might break the wall down and get her to see the error in her ways.

Beani, Amen to all that you said about it being "God's Day"

Vrain, wishing you ALL the luck in the world, girl!

Alright Ladies have a blessed day wherever you are! I'm in good spirits. We are using the CBFM and after a string of Lows I got a PEAK today and we did the business, so I'm feeling quite positive. Even if it's not meant to be this month, I'm just glad to know I'm ovulating (and like 4 days later than I always thought which is sooo interesting! explains a lot).

GL everyone! x

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. Okay on my end just very hot outside so I think I am in for the day.

Key, good luck on your scan. Keep us posted. Thanks for the welcome.

Vrainoire, I hoping you get your BFP real soon.

Welcome YankeeMama, I'm 37 and just ttcing my first! Good luck, I hppe your ttc journey is a short one and you get our bfp soon! You have the right attitude about it.

MrsKC: OMG What a trip filled with excitement, glad you and your girlz are ok. There is nothing like girl time.

Hey Karen, Welcome this thread is wonderful, Good luck with TTC and I hope that you get your bfp right away when you start trying.

I'm currently cd7 and hoping this is our month. Ive decided that I am going to try and just let go and let God, I know when it is our time he will bless us, and not a minute before! So I am trying to be patient, I know my time is coming, can't wait to be pg with my healthy baby!

Hey ladies. Hope everyone is doing fine. We just got back from my mom's for the weekend. We had a really good time as did the kids. I showed the dvd of Baby Bubba and my mom was so happy. Even took the the doppler so that she could hear the heartbeat. She's already bought some things for the baby that are soooo cute. Bless her heart. At any rate, we just got back so I'm going to get organized for some quiet time. Have a great night guys.

Hey ladies! Hope you had a great sunday. My family is gone back to Chicago and I am back to work tomorrow:cry:, but I thank God for a career! I can tell baby is getting bigger, because my tummy is getting tighter:happydance:!

Praying for your BFP futuremommie!:hugs:

Wishing all of you ladies good luck! Whether you are TTC or already PG with your little bundles! Praying for each and every one of you! Have a great week!

Karen, you hit it right on the head. My sister is a bit cold and insensitive. She's always been a little emotionally withdrawn since I can remember. It seems like it's gotten worse since she's been older, though. I did a lot of thinking over the weekend and even talked about it to my OH and I decided to let it go. She'll come around when she feels like it. If not, then I'm not going to worry myself about it. If there's one thing I can't deal with, it's bitter females. Although I'm 9 years younger than her, I've always had to be the big sister when we've had disagreements and I'm getting to a stage in my life where I'm realizing I need to put my foot down at some point.

Thanks for all of the advice ladies...I really appreciated it :)

Kareen, I'm glad to hear you had a great time with your family. I think it's cute when grandparents get excited about their new grandchild. I know my mom is excited. She's coming in a couple weeks and even though she gets on my nerves sometimes I miss her cooking lol.

I have a midwife's appointment tomorrow. This will be the first appointment that my OH is coming to and he's so excited that he thought it was this morning and was all in a tizzy because he thought I had forgot :haha: it was cute...

Well, I hope everyone else is doing well! Good luck and lots of baby dust this cycle :D

Whew, I made it through the first day back at work. I was so uncomfortable because we sat a lot today and I kept getting so stiff. Then it was hot in our library and I was miserable. I hope they get this cooling thing together by tomorrow. I also had to tell our English Dept chair that I was preggo because she had me teaching English II and that is considered a testing grade (10th grade) and I dont want my kids to get bad scores because I will be on maternity leave in Feb-May. The test is in early may. She is pregnant as well and due Sept 26, so she was very understanding.

Otherwise, Im hoping this school year goes smoothly.

@purplekisses: I agree with not letting the situation stress you. You have bigger fish to fry, than to worry about that. All will be well at your appt tomorrow!:hugs:

Hey ladies,

I hope all is well with everyone.

Purple, I am 9 years younger then my sister also. After our mother died it is as part of her emotions died too.

I had a bad day at work. I have a mirco manager and I was off on Thursday and Friday. So when I got in today I was going through me emails and this monkey than sent me email going off because there wasn't any paper in the copier and someone had to fill it themselves. Seriously? Am I administrative assist or the maid? So in her email she threatned to reprimend me. She always does that and the other ladies get all scared. Well today Karen had enough. I told her if you want to fire me then do it!! As I was going off I was thinking "God where is this coming from?" But I had enough of her. Please pray that I get out of that department soon. Sorry to ramble.

Morning ladies!

MrsK, yay for making it through your first day back. It's a blessing to have an understand boss, so many women don't and it becomes a pain when you're expecting. I understand about being hot and pregnant lol. I was working with a camp that my department was hosting and the a/c went out and the lab (which is on the top floor) was so hot. I felt like all I could do was sit there and sweat lol. You haven't had any morning sickness have you? If not, that's awesome...especially since you're almost through the 1st tri (time flies, doesn't it?). I'm pretty sure this school year will be great. :thumbup:

Karen, I'm sorry you had a bad day! Some people just have power trips and they believe that they can treat others, who may not have their same title any kind of way. Believe me, I've seen it happen. The chairperson of my department has a bad habit of talking to the secretaries any kinda way. There was one lady, she was as sweet as can be and I used to go in the office and talk to her all of the time. Almost every time I was there, the chair would come out of his and give her some remedial task and just make it seem like she was stupid just because he had a Doctorate's degree and she didn't. I really felt bad for her, especially since she had been there longer than him. Luckily, she ended up transferring to another department across campus and she says she loves it over there. I don't know, I think people like that suffer from some type of inferiority complex lol. It makes me wonder how do they REALLY feel about themselves if they treat others like that. Hopefully, you can get transferred soon, because there's nothing worse than going to a job where you don't like your boss. :hugs:

Speaking of school year, I'm a little anxious about my upcoming school year. It's my last year and when I go back to school next month, I'll probably be looking "very pregnant" (quoted from my OH). Along with that, I know I'm going to feel "very pregnant" lol...I'm just hoping I do well. I'm taking 21 hours which is A LOT, especially for my major. I'm trying to get into the mindset that I was in last semester, just taking it one week at a time. I've built a pretty good rapport with all of my professors so I'm praying for a little bit a leniency, especially when it comes to attendance lol. I'm so excited that this is my last year. A couple years ago, I couldn't see an end to this tunnel but I'm finally seeing the light lol!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day! :)

MrsK, I hope the fix the A/C for you soon.

Purple, what is your major? Yes that is a lot of hours for anyone. LOL But I am sure you are ready for it.

How are all you today? It is another hot day here in Texas. But what else is new. LOL Have a great day ladies and stay cool.

Hey ladies!..Well I'm out for July..I should have known because not one day was i tempted to test and now the day before AF is due I'm spotting..and the only reason I caught it was because i had just decided to go by a test and went to use the restroom and there it was..I'm a little down i just cant understand why it would come on a day earlier to F*@# with me. :witch: .i may be crazy but i still feel like there's hope.. :shrug: Would it be crazy to still test?? I don't have any cramps and that is a major thing I suffer from on cd1

@vrainoire: I say go ahead and test. If you think you are feeling different and only you know your body.

@purple: I usually have a lil bit of night sickness but nothing major. The air is working but now the classroom Im in is a mess! The teacher b 4 me hasnt fully moved out so I cant really decorate like I want to. I just want to go to bed!!

@rdyforonemore: Air is fixed!!!

Hope all is well!

Purple, what is your major? Yes that is a lot of hours for anyone. LOL But I am sure you are ready for it.

I'm double majoring in electrical engineering and computer engineering. :)

MrsK, glad to hear the air is fixed! :D

Edit:
vrainoire, I'd still go ahead and test! It couldn't hurt, could it?

Edit #2 (sorry, I'm having a bad case of baby brain right now!):

Oh, I had my midwife's appointment today! She wasn't in so I ended up seeing the OB. Oh. My. Goodness. I had to get a repeat pap smear done and the OB was not gentle at all! She kept moving the speculum around trying to get a good view of my cervix and I wanted to jump off of the table! (TMI) I don't know what she did, but when she pulled the speculum out, but it was covered in blood and she brought on a pretty bad bleed. OH was sitting in the room with me and I've never seen him look like that. After he saw the speculum, he kept his eyes on the floor for the remainder of the appointment lol...he would only look up occasionally and look over at me and look back down at the floor. LOL, I think he may have been a little traumatized haha. We got to hear lil bean's heartbeat, though.

I'm in some pain from the visit. So I'm just resting for the rest of the day...

Mrsk, glad to know the a/c is fixed.

Purple, the OB sounds horrible. Your poor OH maybe wondering WTH was that. LOL I hope you feel better.

I've decided that I'm going to test being that I haven't had anymore spotting since the one time earlier this afternoon..I'll be sure to keep you all posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->