African or African-Americans TTC

Hey everyone my mood has lifted since the arrival of AF so i'm good waiting to try again...

@tickledpink I have really thick hair..too much hair in my opinion and i think they are perfect for my locs.you'll find that once you start the maintenance my be a bit much but its only to help your locs form properly..once you actually start to loc up you can retwist at your own pace.. Interlocking sounds like the route you want to take..your grid stays neat and you wont have to retwist that often love locs..i love locs..they are wonderful :)

Hi Girls, I have locs and have been growing them for about 2 and half years. I had my big chop back in 2007 and wore a tinny afro till I got my hair loc'ed in Feb 2008. I just have a cute bob at the moment and intend to let them get as long as possible. I am not a free former, I retwist every 2 months (over twisiting causes breakage), using 100% natural aloe vera gel and natural coconut oil or shea butter which ever i feel like that day. I dont regret it at all and can now wear my hair in all sorts of natural formal up dos for work or funky everyday ones for a night out. One thing that I would warn anyone wanting to loc their hair is that its not something that happens overnight. You need to be real patient and be able to accept and embrace the nap as there will be days your hair just wont do what you expect it to do. It does eventually pay off :). I do intend on raising natural babies but whether or not to loc them is another thing, imagine trying to get sand out of locs arghhh!!

Glad you're feeling much better, Vrainore. Wishing you all the very best this cycle.

Wow....I seem to be the only one with the processed hair here :). I just worry about how high maintenance fully natural hair would be. Maybe one day. My Mom had her long hair cut some years ago (very very low). I won't call it fully natural as she highlights and mildly texturises it, but it shaved off at least 15 years from her.

Ok thanks Purple for that info. Im not too familiar with VA yet. I am going to spend next July there with my DH's family so I can get to know them better and so they can bond with the new baby. We will visit DC while I am there and visit NY and NJ. Last time I went was for a funeral so I didnt really see too much.

Im so starved!!

I think DH was a lil ticked last night because I didnt want to:sex:. I know when he is because he was acting "stanky" this morning. I dont care, LOL. I just :sex: with him the day before. He needs to get a grip. And at 1:45am and I have to get up for work at 6am:wacko:. Anywho, he will be alright:winkwink:. I dont know why men think they will die if they dont get sex?????

Oh ok, yeah my family is in the DC area. That's where I was born and raised (Alexandria)...I kinda miss it, but the traffic there is HORRIBLE. I haven't spent a lot of time in Richmond...I've always either been in Northern VA or down here in Hampton Roads.

Haha my OH acts the same way sometimes...especially now. He has this idea that pregnant women want :sex: all of the time. 1st tri, I was too nauseous and now most days with my hips spreading, backache and everything else going on in that region, sex isn't something I even think about, let alone want on a regular basis lol. He pouts and I just tell him he'll live lol.

@Isi~everybody says that in the beginning...I was worried that it would take more time and effort than relaxed hair, but it actually takes me less time most mornings for me to get ready. The only exception is the mornings I wash my hair...then I either just let it air dry throughout the day or diffuse it a little, which can take some time. I must say, I love my hair more now than I did when it was relaxed. It's a commitment, but I love it. :)

Glad you're feeling much better, Vrainore. Wishing you all the very best this cycle.

Wow....I seem to be the only one with the processed hair here :). I just worry about how high maintenance fully natural hair would be. Maybe one day. My Mom had her long hair cut some years ago (very very low). I won't call it fully natural as she highlights and mildly texturises it, but it shaved off at least 15 years from her.

My hair is now processed too Isi, look at my avatar. I went back to relaxed hair in december. I am going natural again but I dont know if doing that with a new baby is quite feasible for me right now. When I went natural, I had a low, low boy cut and my hair was shoulder length. www.public.fotki.com/beenlyed2
Check out that site. I had chronicled my progress for a few months. I love natural hair and DH wants me to go back as well.

Hey ladies!!!

Vrai: No worries girl. We are all right here with you for this next cycle. God is good and He knows your desires. Baby dust your way!!!!

Re: the topic of hair. Since January I stopped relaxing my hair and started braiding it. It grew soooo much. In between braids I would just get it treated. But now that I'm pregnant it's grown ridiculously long!! It went from just above my shoulders to down to about my mid arm. My hairdresser was shocked the last time she took out the braids. It grew about 4". This happened the last time I was pregnant with the boys. My hair and nails grew like weeds. I stopped braiding it now and just wear it natural. I just put a bit of hair conditioning spray in it each day and wear it wavy. I love it and hope it stays even after the baby is born.

At any rate guys, I'm off. I'm working from home today and need to get back to work. Have a great weekend and we will chat soon! Love you all!!!!

Thanks Purple. I'll bear that in mind :). Not sure how my DH will like my hair au naturel though....but hey, you never know.

Mrskc, all your looks are so cute! Your short hair really looked good on you. I've got big cheeks, so could never pull that look off. But the locks idea does sound interesting though :winkwink:

Hey everyone,

Msk, you short hair was very cute. My head is tad bit long so I couldn't do it that short. LOL

My son has had locs for about 2-3 years now. He loves them. This year the sports director tried to make all the guys with hair passed their collar cut it. But I just had his locs braid in like 3-4 cornrows and they said that was fine. It just cannot touch his collar doing football.

Vrn, it is okay you will get your BFP this cycle. I am praying on that one for you. No worries.

Does anyone have any big plans this weekend?

MrsK, I loved the photos! The short cut looks really nice on you. :thumbup:

Isi, ya never know...I'd mention it to him and see what he says. I know my OH loves my hair natural...it may take some getting used to, especially if you start off short (I transitioned for about 5-6 months so my hair wasn't terribly short once I cut it)...

I just can't wait until my hair grows out more! I want 1 of those big fros that I can straighten and my hair will be half way down my back :haha:

Vrai, I'm happy you're feeling better! Stay positive hun! Your BFP will come soon! :hugs:

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Thanks ladies! This time when I do my chop, I will not cut it for 6 months. Not sure if I can deal with it that short again. I only transitioned for 4 months before I cut it. I was tired of dealing with the two textures.

No big plans for me Ready except that school officially starts monday and so the rug rats will be in the "house". I have to focus my mind to teach these kids something, LOL.

Hey all,how have yah all been,as for me still here and still TTC,SO leaves the Island in the morning for a whole month so I will need you girls to help me be strong,this is our first time being apart in 11 yrs.and definately need BFP vibes

Hi Ladies,
I have skimmed over this entire thread to get to know you guys a little before I joined you. You all are so supportive which is great! I love that there are different stages of the baby spectrum all on one thread. I hope I am welcome!

Anyway, I live in NC but grew up in S. Fla. My parents are from Jamaica and Guyana. I've been married for 7 years in Oct. I have 2 awesome kids (3 1/2 and 2) and am TTC for #3!

I am currently on CD 3 or 4 and I am hoping/praying that this is our month.

Oh, and I have processed hair, too!! (one of three?!?)

Hope all of the pregnancies are going well.
Congratulations to any recent BFPs!
And Good Luck and Baby Dust to all of us TTC.

Welcome Trey! Wow, what a unique ethnic mix!

Lots of baby dust to you!! :flower:

@nightnurse~ wow, 1st time in 11 yrs?? How long is he gone for? Don't worry, we'll keep you company :hugs: Lots of baby dust to you as well. :D

I've been having a bit of a tough time lately. Seems like everything that could go wrong has been heading downhill. I'm trying my best to stay positive about everything, though. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers...I feel like I just really need some positive energy flowing my way right about now.

Welcome Trey! Glad you are here. It's so nice to add to the brood.

Well ladies, just a quick note here. I'm off to watch some UFC with my OH. ;-)

Well ladies, just a quick note here. I'm off to watch some UFC with my OH. ;-)

I didn't realize UFC was so popular...every other person on my FB page has been talking about UFC tonight lol. I didn't learn what it was until I met OH...he's a semi-retired MMA fighter (he still trains, but doesn't fight anymore)...gee, I feel out of the loop :dohh:

Oh, and cute bump pic :)

@purple kisses- I'm sure if I asked around I could find one. It's just that I'm so cheap :haha: But that is something to consider

@vrainoire-thanks so much for the advice! Was your hair difficult to loc at first? Did you start out with palm rolled locs or comb coils?

@isi-Girl nothin wrong with processed hair but you do bring up something that alot of women with relaxed hair bring up. The maintenance. And I won't lie to you. When I first cut my hair off, it drove me crazy. From styling to figuring out what products my hair liked and didn't like. The most important thing is to go natural when you are ready. If you don't like it, no harm done

welcome Trey :flower: of course you are welcome. the more the merrier. goodluck TTC pray its short and sweet.

@purple stay positive hun and proclaim sucess :hugs:

Welcome Trey
@tickledpink I started with very small two strand twists, my hair is very soft and curly in the front so two strands twists were the only way they would stay..

Thanks because mine barely will stay twisted without product.

@nighnurse-you know we will be here for ya girl
@trey- welcome!

anybody testing this week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back