African or African-Americans TTC

Hello ladies,

Welcome Trey. My name is Karen and I am having a TR in Oct.

My son's locs started has coils because he has thick hair like me.

https://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/98_197/240_37/coils-vi-th.jpg

This is a picture of my coils his looked like this when he started locing

https://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/98_197/240_37/NP_mar_GATHERING025-th.jpg

A set of twist when my hair was short.

Since we are talking about hair what hair products would you guys recommend for my 2 year old girl? Her hair soaks up everything I put on it and can look dull a couple of days after I wash it.

I just found out today that a friend is pregnant. It's a surprise for her and her husband. I am happy for them and hope that I get to join her soon. She was so concerned about telling me, though and I appreciated that.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday.

Hey Trey! Welcome to our group. We are so happy that you are here. I pray you get your BFP very soon!

@Kareen: is that your belly in that pic girl???? WOW! I hope to be that big at 19 weeks. I feel like I am growing so slow, but then I am only 12 weeks.

@rdy: LOVE the hair pics!

Hope everyone is well. Tomorrow is the official first day back at school! Pray for me!

Wow ready...I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair in the pics. Are they permanent twists / locs / curls. i would love to do something like that but don't want permanent locs (can't afford the maintenance...lol)

Isi- you are not the only one, I have processed hair too, I love the natural look on so many of my friends but just not sure I'm patient enough to go thru the transition.

Vrai- sorry the AF witch showed but I have my fingers crossed for you this cycle.

Nightnurse- we are here for you, I hope the time passes quickly and that you get your bfp.

Trey- I live in NC too, I'm on the coast near Wilmington- Welcome!

LOL. Yes MrsK, that's my belly. I had another ultrasound this morning and little one was sitting up this time. I assume they turned from their lying down position to sitting up last night as I was kept awake by some crazy acrobatics and a sharp pain on my right. The ultrasound tech said Bubba is quite close to the uterine wall and pressed down right where Bubba's head was, right where I was getting the pain, so it looks like I'm being head-butted right there! LOL. Well I hope all is well with you ladies...Baby dust to the ones still pressing on, H&H 9 months to the ones who are preggers and best wishes to the ones about to pop! Bless...

Hey ladies,

Mrsk, I hope you have a great first day of school.

Bean1, no they are not permanment. I love locs but I like to do different things to my hair so locs are not for me.

I hope all is well with everyone. Have a blessed day ladies.

LOL. Yes MrsK, that's my belly. I had another ultrasound this morning and little one was sitting up this time. I assume they turned from their lying down position to sitting up last night as I was kept awake by some crazy acrobatics and a sharp pain on my right. The ultrasound tech said Bubba is quite close to the uterine wall and pressed down right where Bubba's head was, right where I was getting the pain, so it looks like I'm being head-butted right there! LOL. Well I hope all is well with you ladies...Baby dust to the ones still pressing on, H&H 9 months to the ones who are preggers and best wishes to the ones about to pop! Bless...

Wow, I hope to grow like that over the next 6 weeks. I think I am so small. DH says I just look "fatter":dohh:. I said well thanks a lot because now Im paranoid that Im too small:wacko:. I already had a fat belly so maybe it will take time before the baby fills into the fat:haha:.

@ready: Thanks. :hugs:

Hello Ladies,

Sounds like you're all well! Loving the chatter too... might as well get my confession out: yeah, I have relaxed hair too lol I've always loved the thought of going natural at some point, but I guess it's the fear of the unknown. I already have a fat round face, so I don't think the big chop would suit me and I find it so hard to deal when my hair is "inbetween." I have really thick, course hair thanks to my mom (who was from Curacao) :0) Everybody always loves my hair, but they don't realize how much work is involved! I'm not a very high maintenance relaxer, well because I'm lazy, plus I live in England and can get away with a lot over here. I only relax my hair ever 2 months and most of the time I either wear it in 2 french breads or I wear it in like a wavy fro once I take my breads out, but I do curl it at least once a week with those plug in curlers.

If I have a daughter, I would like to think I will leave her hair natural. DH is half Maltese and half British, so apart from finding the right products to keep it moisturized and tamed, I don't think it will be hard work like mine is. I first had a relaxer in the 1st grade because my mom couldn't cope - and honeys I was traumatized. All the hairdressers made such a big stink about how thick and nappy my hair was. How ignorant!

Anyway, well done to the pregnant mamas who are making it through the heat of the summer. I can't even imagine it! I'm already wondering what it would be like to carry even more weight around, but hey God gave me this body, so he will show me the way!

V, sorry AF showed her face, but I'm glad you're in good spirits!

Kareen, you have such a gorgeous bump! Congrats. & MrsK yours is coming soon!

V & Ready according to your profile pics you both have gorgeous hair! Wish I could be bothered taking the plunge!

Future, where are you in your cycle? I've lost track...

Welcome to any new ladies!

I'm in the final stretch of the 2ww - 3 days before testing or AF shows her face.... feeling kinda different I guess, don't really feel like she's coming, but sometimes it can be like turning a switch! Last month I was convinced I was peggers, was even feeling nauseous and bloated and then bam! the morning AF showed I woke up feeling like I got runover by a forklift truck and she was there by lunch time. So, we'll see.... it's just a shame because we're going on a long weekend on Fri (D day) and if AF shows up, well, I won't be a fun travelling partner! lol

Babydust to the TTC'ers and God Bless to those of you who are cooking up one of God's magical gifts...

Hey Yankee, I hope you get your BFP this month.

Hey ladies, I don't know if I mentioned it but I go to the doctor on Friday. He will do a vagainal ultrasound (sorry for the TMI) and we will pay for the TR. I am so excited. :happydance:

Hey ladies!

I hope your 1st day of school went well, MrsK :). Don't worry, I went from looking "healthy" (OH's nice way of calling me fat lol) to looking "very pregnant" (once again, in OH's words)...it seemed like it happened overnight lol...

Trey, I use Shea Moisture Products on my hair. I try to stay away from products that have parabens, petrolatum/petroleum and mineral oils in them because they can make your hair, especially natural hair look dull after a while. Target has started to carry a lot of products for natural hair...I've heard Miss Jessie's products are also very good...I haven't tried them because they're quite expensive but I've heard nothing but good things about them...oh, and Carol's Daughter products are said to work well with natural hair. I hope that helps a little :)

Fingers crossed and lots of baby dust for all of the lovely ladies TTC!

Good luck at your appointment on Friday, Ready! I'm sure everything will go well :thumbup:

I can't believe I'm almost at the halfway mark...never thought OH and I would ever be here...just reaffirms for me that the Most High does a great job at delivering blessings. :)

I'm absolutely exhausted. I took it upon myself to move my living room around yesterday. Today, I've been cleaning, making lists and trying to organize everything...I think my nesting instinct is kicking in lol. Other than that, I've just been trying to stay positive. I've had a lot things that are beyond my control come up within the last week or so. I'm trying not stress over things I can't control, but it's kinda hard. I'm not religious, but I am very spiritual and I know the Most High exists and has divine control over everything...and what is meant to be will be....so I've made my appeal to the Most High and I'm just hoping things work out in my favor. I have a feeling that things will work out but I'm still a little worried because if things don't, it won't affect just me, but also my kids and family...so prayers are greatly appreciated :)

Good luck during your 2ww, Yankee! Sending lots of babydust to you!

Future Mommy, also wishing you all the best this cycle! Are you also in the 2ww.

Nightnurse, Vraire and AJ......also wishing you the very very best this cycle.

Ready, your hair pictures almost make me want to go chop mine off! So lovely!

Lovely bump, Kareen!!!

Beanni, Purple, Mrskc, The_Key.....(hope I haven't missed anyone)....hope your babies are all doing great. The countdown continues!

My holiday is slowly winding to a close. The baptism (for which I came to be Godmother) was yesterday, and it was lovely. We had a great after party at home, and it was GREAT!!! The only cloud was that I wish my DH was here :cry:. But Sunday will be here soon. When I get home, I'll see my FS for another discussion regarding my IVF. Hoping to get that started by October, at the very latest.....God willing!

I'm at home today with a sick baby. According to daycare he is sick, but he is running around like nothing is wrong. At least I get a chance to catch up on Young and The Restless! I am CD 7 today and am looking forward to the BDing. I keep getting the "it will come", "don't stress", and "give it time" comments from friends and my Mom. I understand that it is out of my control, but I am sooooo ready.

Future - Wilmington, huh? I wish I were on the beach right now! BTW, I love the dress you were wearing in your avatar.

kareen - cute bump!

MrsK - hope 1st day of school went well. The bump will come and then when you get really big (at the end) you will want to go back to day 1.

Yankee - good luck to you!! Fx that you get that BFP. Testing day tomorrow?

Ready...I'm so clueless. I just figured out what TR is. Will you have to wait after it is done before you TTC?

Purple - Thanks for the hair info. I have heard of Miss Jessies as well. Carol's Daughter is good but I can't get over the smell...too woodsy. I haven't checked out Target's hair aisle in a while. Need to do that next time.

Isi - Congratulations on becoming a Godmother!

Just checking in to say have a good night ladies!!! Muah!

Hey ladies,

Yes Trey, I will have to wait. But I am okay because hopefully will be moving by then so we can celebrate then. LOL

Some of Miss Jessie products are now offered at Target too.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Thanks for the positive vibes everyone! Starting to feel like AF is about to ruin my fantasies, but oh well, back to the drawing board I guess!

Hope you're all well. Got a couple busy days before I go away this weekend, so take care and I'l be sure and update you next week. Testing Fri 13th if AF doesn't get me first.

God Bless x

Just wanted to drop in and say hi, I woke up at 12 last night with O pain so I guess today was my O day which I thought was last sunday so wish me look and send all kids of bfp vibes my way!

Yankee, I hope AF stays away

Sending baby dust to Yankee, Future,Trey and all the other ladies I may have forgotten.

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Hey all! Hope everyone had a good day.

My days have been ok. The students schedules are off so we have just been sitting in homeroom all day:growlmad:! So boring:shrug:. Nothing to do but sit there for almost 6 hours:growlmad:. Memphis (TN) school system is never prepared on the first day, and this is my 5th year with them. Its the parents because they dont register their kids during our registration time, they wait until the 1st and 2nd week of school which interferes with instructional time. It pisses me off because I work at a school that is 100% african-american and its gives us a bad name and a bad look:growlmad:. I keep trying to stay in this district but I think next year I am going to apply to the district I live in, which is in Mississippi. They are mainly caucasian but they are always together. My daughter is a part of this school system. (I live right on the stateline, hence I work in TN and live in MS:winkwink:).

Off to another day!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"