African or African-Americans TTC

MrsKC-What a great hubby!

Ready- Glad your appt went well

I am 5dpo and I don't know what is going to happen this cycle but if it's bfn I'm going to remain positive for the next cycle.

I hope you guys are enjoying your Sunday!

Hello Ladies,

My DH and I have been TTC #2 for 5yrs on and off. We have a DS who just turned 7 and love him so much! I am an ER nurse and love taking care of people. But just can't seem to get pregnant. I have PCOS and used clomid/metformin to have DS. I have irregular cycles that come every 4-5 months. I am an herbal person so before trying meds I like to try natural remedies. I had AF in May, July and now August and this last cycle was 30-31 day!!!!!! So even though no BFP I still have something to be proud of. I used Soy Isoflavones for the first time in July 2010 CD3-7 and just got my full force today of CD30. We are hopeful that we will conceive a healthy baby soon, Good Luck and God Bless all of you!

Glad to see everyone is in good spirits..i'm just checking in, hope all is well with you all
..And Welcome Dannyboygirl and Charisse.glad to have you!!:happydance:

Welcome Dannyboy and Charisse....Hope everyone is doing well. OH and I just got back in from dinner out with his stepdad. I couldn't even finish half of the food. Baby is taking up too much room LOL. Well I'm going to go have a shower and chill out. Tonight is our show "The Gates". Enjoy the rest of your evening and chat soon.

Hey all! I am well, just so darn tired but I look cute. Got my hair done today LOL! DH bout me flowers today too. Gotta love a man that truly loves his wife. About to eat pizza and enjoy my friday!

Amen to that girl. My husband cooked, cleaned and worked 12 hours when I was pregnant. Never complained once. I was sick most of my pregnancy and was in bed alot. He made sure I ate so his baby girl was straight. He knew I was pregnant with a girl and I didn't find out til I was 33 weeks. It was hard not knowing. You look gorgeous girl and God bless your marriage and child. Happy belated Anniversary too.:hugs:

Thank you so much and welcome to our group! So glad that you are here!:hugs:

Thank you so much Its a pleasure to be here..:thumbup:

Hello everyone,

Welcome Charisse 28 and dannyboy.

I hope all is well with everyone. I am having a good day so far. Just counting down to my vacation starting next week.

everyone.. We are currently just starting to try for number 2. I really could care less boy or girl. Lord just let my baby be healthy and if its in your will let me be pregnant now.:blush:Lord you know how I am:flower:..Anyways How is everyone doing today? I love having a God sent man on my arm. Him and my daughter are inseparable. I think thats why I want another that will bond with me. I breastfed her 14 months not him.(sorry a lil enviess):haha:. My daughter is so naughty for real. She lives in tantrum city by herself. She threw one is the park in front of some people. We walked 2 ft away like she wasn't ours and then she came over to us. I said you finish showing out. Go play then. I am trying to raise a strong black woman that learns how to handle things independently. I love her so much and she is so strong willed. Anyone else have a toddler?

Hi everyone!! And welcome to all the newcomers.

I'm so sorry I haven't been posting much lately, I've truly been on an emotional rollercoaster.

DH and I found out that we are expecting a little GIRL!!!!! We're so excited, and glad that everything is going well. Upon finding out that I'm going to have a daughter, some emotions that I thought I had dealt with years go resurfaced and I'm trying to deal with them. Not to be a "Debbie Downer", but my mom passed when I was 12 years old. She committed suicide. It was absolutely THE MOST horrific thing I have ever experienced. Not having her throughout my teenage years, or to see me get married, or to see her interact with with my child hurts me to the core. And I have these overwhelming fears that I'm not going to be a good mother to a girl. My mom was SO wonderful, and it just saddens me that I can't remember certain things she did, or said, mainly things that I would want to pass on to my daughter. I have older sisters and I try to ask them to help refresh my memory, but most of my favorite memories of my mom happened when it was just her and I spending alone time together. My husband has been a dream, he's so compassionate and understanding.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed a release. I'm going to catch up on everyone's posts and have been keeping everyone in my prayers!

Von: So good to hear from you. You crossed my mind so many times. Being the exact time along we need to share pregnancy stories. LOL.

As for your feelings regarding your mom...just know that she is with you ALWAYS and most likely took part in sending you and hubby your pretty pink bundle of joy.(smile) The fact that you are so concerned about passing on things you shared with your mom shows what a loving, compassionate, sentimental person you are. Those are amazing qualities in and of itself that are wonderful attributes to pass on to your little one. See this as a new beginning for you and your hubby and a chance to create your own memories with your babygirl. Always remember your mom is looking down on you all and knows all the comings and goings. You are going to be an AMAZING mom and any child would be blessed to call you "mommy". (wiping tears :))

Welcome back Von! I :cloud9: your new picture! Its so pretty. I cant wait to get to 20 weeks. My belly seems like its at a stand still:dohh:. We go to Drs tomorrow.

Im so sorry that you lost your mom:cry:. I couldnt imagine but what I do know is that you will be a great mom. Its ok to share with us. Its also awesome that your hubby is great and letting you express your emotions to him. Congrats on the girl!

@everyone: DH and I kinda got into a tiff yesterday because he just "knows" we are having a boy and I think girl. We disagree about this all the time and had the nerve to tell me I dont trust his word. He is an idiot sometimes:dohh:. I just ignored him and didnt say anything else. I want this to be a girl more than ever now, and Im not finding out, simply because I want to make him wait:haha:. I told him I want the Noah's ark theme and then he says lets just make it a sports room. You think Im going to have footballs all around my daughter in her bedroom??? Gimme a break! I told him Noah's ark is gender neutral, so then he finally agrees on alphabets and such. Sometimes he just gets on that last nerve but then I love him so much too:shrug:.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi everyone!! And welcome to all the newcomers.

I'm so sorry I haven't been posting much lately, I've truly been on an emotional rollercoaster.

DH and I found out that we are expecting a little GIRL!!!!! We're so excited, and glad that everything is going well. Upon finding out that I'm going to have a daughter, some emotions that I thought I had dealt with years go resurfaced and I'm trying to deal with them. Not to be a "Debbie Downer", but my mom passed when I was 12 years old. She committed suicide. It was absolutely THE MOST horrific thing I have ever experienced. Not having her throughout my teenage years, or to see me get married, or to see her interact with with my child hurts me to the core. And I have these overwhelming fears that I'm not going to be a good mother to a girl. My mom was SO wonderful, and it just saddens me that I can't remember certain things she did, or said, mainly things that I would want to pass on to my daughter. I have older sisters and I try to ask them to help refresh my memory, but most of my favorite memories of my mom happened when it was just her and I spending alone time together. My husband has been a dream, he's so compassionate and understanding.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed a release. I'm going to catch up on everyone's posts and have been keeping everyone in my prayers!

Im sorry to hear that. Girl you are so strong I admire your strength in talking about htis to us also. You will be a wonderful gracious mother to your future diva. :happydance:

Welcome back Von! I :cloud9: your new picture! Its so pretty. I cant wait to get to 20 weeks. My belly seems like its at a stand still:dohh:. We go to Drs tomorrow.

Im so sorry that you lost your mom:cry:. I couldnt imagine but what I do know is that you will be a great mom. Its ok to share with us. Its also awesome that your hubby is great and letting you express your emotions to him. Congrats on the girl!

@everyone: DH and I kinda got into a tiff yesterday because he just "knows" we are having a boy and I think girl. We disagree about this all the time and had the nerve to tell me I dont trust his word. He is an idiot sometimes:dohh:. I just ignored him and didnt say anything else. I want this to be a girl more than ever now, and Im not finding out, simply because I want to make him wait:haha:. I told him I want the Noah's ark theme and then he says lets just make it a sports room. You think Im going to have footballs all around my daughter in her bedroom??? Gimme a break! I told him Noah's ark is gender neutral, so then he finally agrees on alphabets and such. Sometimes he just gets on that last nerve but then I love him so much too:shrug:.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

:flower:girl pleaaase lol that post was too funny. Can you imagine your daughter in the nfl? lol :thumbup: I like noah's ark bc its biblical n the animals.do it do it girl..:happydance:

Von: So good to hear from you. You crossed my mind so many times. Being the exact time along we need to share pregnancy stories. LOL.

As for your feelings regarding your mom...just know that she is with you ALWAYS and most likely took part in sending you and hubby your pretty pink bundle of joy.(smile) The fact that you are so concerned about passing on things you shared with your mom shows what a loving, compassionate, sentimental person you are. Those are amazing qualities in and of itself that are wonderful attributes to pass on to your little one. See this as a new beginning for you and your hubby and a chance to create your own memories with your babygirl. Always remember your mom is looking down on you all and knows all the comings and goings. You are going to be an AMAZING mom and any child would be blessed to call you "mommy". (wiping tears :))

Your advice made me cry. :cry::hugs:

Thank you so much ladies! It means so much to me to know that you all have faith in me. Kareen, your message brought me to tears! Thank you so much!!!!

Von, I can relate to you I lost my mother when I was 13. I often wonder what would it be like if she were here. But I know that God loved her more and something I do remember and say and then I laugh. But the best things are the ones that I say on my own and we create our own memories. You will be a beautiful, strong and loving mother.

Kareen, you words are so encouraging.

Mrsk, You are to funny. Making him wait. :haha: LOL But I don't want to know either when I get pregnant. When I was pregnant with my 2nd child my belly did not get big until I was almost 5.5months. But then I was huge but all belly and boobs. But they went away. :shrug:

Von, I can relate to you I lost my mother when I was 13. I often wonder what would it be like if she were here. But I know that God loved her more and something I do remember and say and then I laugh. But the best things are the ones that I say on my own and we create our own memories. You will be a beautiful, strong and loving mother.

Kareen, you words are so encouraging.

Mrsk, You are to funny. Making him wait. :haha: LOL But I don't want to know either when I get pregnant. When I was pregnant with my 2nd child my belly did not get big until I was almost 5.5months. But then I was huge but all belly and boobs. But they went away. :shrug:

Girl I can relate I went from sexy curvyness to a no curves again.lost the lil ones i started with..lol

Thank you ladies, I am glad to be here:) We've had three losses after my DS but we are keeping our Faith in God that he will see fit to bless us with a healthy pregnancy and baby again soon. When DH and I first got together we talked about wanting a big family, I always wanted 4 kids and he said 5. My mother had 5 and my oldest sister has 5. My MIL had 6 but one passed away shortly after birth. My grandma had 13 kids all together so it just seemed right. But since going through so many difficulties TTC we would both be satisfied with 2. And we also plan on becoming Foster parents and/or adopt one day. My mother passed away when I was 10 and I became a ward of the state. The struggles I have been through have brought me along way and I am truly thankful.

I am always touched by the support and love shown in this thread. You never know whose heart you have touched, day you have made, and tears you have wiped. We may all be strangers over the internet but the love and support are genuined. Hugs ladies!

Hey ladies, trying to make a decision. Do you like these nurseries?
https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4346647
https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4346654 or
https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4189926

We are going for the green colors as you can tell:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79