African or African-Americans TTC

Charisse~ stay positive hun! Things happen in God's time, and as some of the other ladies on the thread have said previously, delay is NOT denial! :hugs:

MrsK~Sounds like a girl's heartbeat! :happydance: I hope you have a safe trip. Stay strong and just know that as you've already said, God knows what he's doing. :hugs:

As for me, I'm just learning how to go with the flow. This week went by incredibly fast...I can't believe it's Thursday already. I'm not complaining, though...if every week goes by this fast, the semester will be over in no time! It's really hard not having my OH here and I can't always talk to him when I want to, but I'll be ok in time. I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason. I'm hoping to see him some time in October, but if not I've already decided that I'm going home for Thanksgiving and he said he'd meet me in DC (which is like 15 min from my hometown and where I usually book my hotel room at anyway)...so I'm looking forward to that. :)

I hope everyone has a great day! :flower: :thumbup:

Hey ladies!

@Purple: I too think its a girl because the heartbeat has remained steady in the 150's. DH doesnt want to believe that though, LOL:haha:. Ive kinda wrapped my mind around having a boy and sometimes I truly do think I am having a boy:shrug:. It doesnt matter as long as its a healthy baby, Im a happy mommy.
DH was talking to my tummy last nite and the baby responds to well to his voice. I can feel the baby move to the side he is talking to:winkwink:. He is so excited and said he cant wait to meet his "seed":haha:.

Yes Im going to Chicago under not so good circumstances but the golden lining is that I get to see my parents and my grandmother. I love seeing them!:happydance: My grandma is 84 and she tells me when she calls, "take care of that boy for me":haha:. Apparently everyone knows what I am having but me!:hugs:

Hi ladies, sorry about your loss Mrsbrown.

Purple i'm glad things are settling down for you and your mind is more at ease.

Hey everyone,

Purple, I glad you are doing better. October will be here before you know it.

Msk, Have a safe trip and enjoy your parents and grandmother.

AFM: I am just looking at the calendar every few moments. As if it will change. LOL I have been doing weight watchers and working out lately. I want to get on the scale but I am so afraid. I am just going to wait until Saturday at the WW meeting.

Hey everyone,

AFM: I am just looking at the calendar every few moments. As if it will change. LOL I have been doing weight watchers and working out lately. I want to get on the scale but I am so afraid. I am just going to wait until Saturday at the WW meeting.

Gurl, I have been on WW so many times!!! Sometimes I do well, sometimes I do bad. DH lost 40lbs on WW last yr. We have since gained weight. I eat anything I want and I know I will regret it after baby, but oh well:haha: Ill be on WW once again after the baby!!

Good luck, I wish you well!:hugs:

Hey everyone,

Gurl, I have been on WW so many times!!! Sometimes I do well, sometimes I do bad. DH lost 40lbs on WW last yr. We have since gained weight. I eat anything I want and I know I will regret it after baby, but oh well:haha: Ill be on WW once again after the baby!!

Good luck, I wish you well!:hugs:

LOL the funny thing is this is my 2nd time and I act its new.

Hi Ladies, feeling a little discourage today! I knew I would start to feel that ways the closer I got to day 28 when AF is scheduled to show, which is actually Monday. I've been really thinking this over and I realize that I am at the end of my rope, I've read all there is to read, googled all there is to google about infertility. The only person I can wait on now is God! Ive started keeping a journal which really helps to get my feelings out because even though I know dh will listen I don't want to burden him with it all the time. When I'm feeling discouraged I write to God in my Journal about how much I want a baby. It helps! I have decided to try accupunture to help me to relax so that all of my days aren't consumed with ttc. I am going to schedule my first appt close to when i O the next time if this isn't my month. I'm sorry to always be a bummer when I post, just having a blah day!

I hope everyone is having a great day and have a wonderful weekend.

Hi Ladies, feeling a little discourage today! I knew I would start to feel that ways the closer I got to day 28 when AF is scheduled to show, which is actually Monday. I've been really thinking this over and I realize that I am at the end of my rope, I've read all there is to read, googled all there is to google about infertility. The only person I can wait on now is God! Ive started keeping a journal which really helps to get my feelings out because even though I know dh will listen I don't want to burden him with it all the time. When I'm feeling discouraged I write to God in my Journal about how much I want a baby. It helps! I have decided to try accupunture to help me to relax so that all of my days aren't consumed with ttc. I am going to schedule my first appt close to when i O the next time if this isn't my month. I'm sorry to always be a bummer when I post, just having a blah day!

I hope everyone is having a great day and have a wonderful weekend.

No need to apologize. That is what we are here for. Now that you have start to wait on God be at peace. Just be still and know that He is God. I know it easier said than done. Because in a couple of months I will be on the other side of TTC and I have no idea what to expect. But I expect a blessing. When you get a chance pray over your womb and start thanking God for an open womb and for the child He will allow you to bear. Please believe me when I say I am praying for you because I am. I am standing in agreement with you and we are going to walk by faith. Sorry to sound like a parent. I just want you to keep the faith and trust God. I am not saying you don't, just want you to know we love you and we are praying for. :hugs:

Ready- Thank you so much, I needed that! Thanks for all of your prayers!

Yes FutureMommie, i'm praying for you too. AF for me is due on Tuesday and always when the time draws closer i have the same fears that you do; i haven't gone to doctors or anything to find out if i have any problems but i've decided i'm not going to, i'm waiting on God to work in His time.

I'll pray the same for you as i pray for myself, that my faith will take hold on the promises of God and claim them for myself. Children were a part of God's perfect plan and i know He understands the emptiness because He has a Son too, so chin up, God hears you and he understands.

Hey ladies i just want to keep you all updated on my TTC methods..this cycle i'm using pre-seed and Instead Softcups..I also used an ovulation prediction strip and i'm good to go for tonight! :) hopefully this is my month!

Hey ladies! Made it to Chicago safely. Funeral is tomorrow and all seems to be ready for the big day. My parents knew I was coming but didnt know when so we surprised them! They were so happy!

It seems my belly is finally getting bigger today! It kinda seems like it has popped and is looking more rounded than B shaped. Everyone is noticing finally.:happydance:This little baby is a mover and a shaker too. Been moving all day!!!

Praying for you AJ and Futuremommie! God has not forgotten about you!:hugs:

Hello ladies,

I hope all is well and everyone is having a blessed day.

Msk, glad you made it safely.

I will try to pop back in later but today is a little busy so I may not get back on until tomorrow.

Be Blessed.

Hey ladies...I just got in from the hospital. I was there since Wed afternoon after I noticed more than normal spotting. Come to find out that I had a 5cm placental abruption. It seems to have healed but I'm on bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Baby looks great! I did have a scare though because they gave me 2 shots of steroids to mature the baby's lungs. I was just beside myself thinking they were going to take the baby early. Fortunately that didn't happen. 34 weeks is the goal the doctor wants me to get to which is in 8 weeks but he thinks I may go longer. Pray that I do :) At any rate, I will be around but my main concern is to get this little one to stay put.

Aside: I know I never told any of you the sex of the baby but after reading previous posts about heartbeats and whatnot I wanted give my input. My baby's heartbeat has been a cool 156bpm and.......it's a BOY!!!! So don't give the heartrate speed much thought when trying to determine the sex. LOL. I hope you ladies are well and we will keep in touch. Pray for us as I have been for you...Bless...

Congrats on the lil boy Kareen! I'll be praying he stays put and safe.

Yeah, Kareen I know you are right about the heart rate. I just think im having a girl. Could be my mind playing ticks on me:haha:. Im praying for you and the baby's safe arrival.

Hope everyone is well!:hugs:

Aww Kareen, sorry about your scare! I hope your LO stays put!

As for the hb thing, it's just an old wives' tale...it just so happened with me, that DS's hb was always in the 130s in utero and ladybug's is always in the 140s-150s...

As for me, I've just been trying to take it easy. I've been spotting a lot (pink and red) lately and although I've been having spotting off and on since about 9 weeks, I just don't feel right. On top of that, ladybug has moved down into my pelvis and she's been there since yesterday...walking even seems a little different. I figured I'd take it easy today and just keep an eye on everything...and just go with my instincts. Either way, I plan to call my midwife 1st thing in the morning. Hopefully, it's nothing, though.

I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their Sunday. I'll probably check back in tomorrow. :flower:

Hey Sistahs, how is everyone doing? I am blessed :). This is our first month and we will be using pre-seed. I haven't been able to find the Instead cups at Walmart, Target or CVS. I guess I will go to Walgreens and Rite-Aid. @Vra what store did u buy Instead cup? Have anyone used them here?

I temp every morning and using opk 2xs a day to pinpoint when I OV

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->