African or African-Americans TTC

Regal- Welcome! I am certain that you will love it here. My DH and I are a little older as well, and I actually had abdominal surgery in January to remove fibroids so we have a few things in common.

Purple- Stay positive and take advantage of the quiet and study, study, study. Just remember it will all be worth it in the end.

Charisse- Trust me when I say I totally know how you feel, we have been ttc for 31 months now, and I'm totally frusturated but I know in God's time he will bless us, so I just continue to pray for my little one, and try to remain hopeful although I must admit it gets really hard sometimes.

Tickled- Olivia is adorable!

MrsKC- Hey! Glad you had a great weekend, and shopping always helps

Kareen-Hey!

I hope all of you have a fantastic week.

Hey ladies,

I hope all is well with everyone.

Msk, I am glad you had a great weekend and got shop for yourself. That is always a good thing.

AFM, I had a great weekend as I continued to celebrate my birthday. LOL I am very tired today but I am trying to get myself on some type of schedule. So by next week I will feel fine.

Have a great day ladies.

Hey ladies, sounds like everyone had a great weekend. :D

Today's my little ladybug's V-day!!! :happydance: I honestly only half expected to make it this far for some reason, so it is truly a blessing.

OH is in Delaware spending time with his kids (his daughter and his ex's son) and I really feel some kind of way about it. Not the fact that he's spending time with his children, but the fact that (1) our relationship is "on pause", (2) since he's spending a lot of time with his children, he's inevitably spending a lot of time with his ex and (3) he's not here with me. I don't know if it's instincts or just pure insecurities but I'm really REALLY uncomfortable about the whole thing. This woman has kept him out of his kids' life for majority of their lives and now she's all enthusiastic and adamant about him spending time with them...especially since she found out about me. I think I'd be coping a lot better if the situation was different. I don't want to seem selfish because I know he hasn't seen his children is so long...and their mother won't let them come to Virginia to visit...but at the same time, I feel like my feelings aren't being respected. Naturally, I already don't trust her...and she just seemed a little too friendly and eager to know about me. Maybe it's just me being young...I don't know. I understand she's his daughter's mother (she cheated on him and that's how the little boy that's not his came into the picture), but she lost him and for good reason. I really don't know how to handle the situation. I haven't really talked to him since he's been gone other than through text message. He's supposed to be calling me tonight, but I don't know how I should handle this...as in what I should say...because I don't want to sound selfish...or insecure, for that matter...

What do you ladies think??

I can understand that it feels a little strange but if you trust your OH then you should trust that he is only there to see his little girl. I'm hoping that the ex just realized that she was doing her daughter a disservice by not allowing her father to be a part of her life, and the fact that you are pg may have had some influence on that if she became aware of it before allowing him to visit. I would say as long as everything is normal between you two and he gives you no valid reason to suspect anything else they you should trust him and know tht he is only there to do the right thing and see his daughter. Just my opinion. I know you will find the right words if you feel like you need to address it.

Hey ladies,

Purple, don't stress to much about. Pray about and leave there. I think you two relationship is far my valuable to the both of you for that. But do talk to him about.

I hope all is well with everyone.

See, that's the thing. The last time I talked to him, he said he had lost his cellphone so he gave me her number so that I could contact him. I asked her to ask him to call me yesterday and she said he would but I never heard from him. My instincts are telling me something isn't right and I'm really starting to stress over it. I'm going to call this evening and if I can't get him, I'm going to get in touch with his brother who should be able to find out what's going on. I just don't want any "baby mama drama" and my gut is telling me something is really wrong...I just hope this woman isn't trying to cause drama between him and I because I really don't need the stress right now.

Purple, don't let it stress you. You don't need it and the baby really doesn't need. Contact his brother and find out what is going on and take it from there. But do not stress about it. You have to think about you and the baby's health right now. I really pray she is not trying to start anything.

Well I finally talked to him and I feel a bit better now. I was really stressed out to the point I start having contractions. :cry: He reassured me there's nothing going on between him and his ex so I feel a little bit better. We talked for almost a hour...I still miss him dearly but I feel so much better about the situation. He has a temporary phone so I can reach him whenever I need to...I'm happy about that.

I told him about how I felt about his ex and he told me that he's not going to let her start anything between us. He knows how she can be so he's definitely not turning a blind eye thinking she has changed completely and isn't the woman that she used to be.

He told me that I really need to calm down because knowing me, I've been stressing out a lot...and I have. I've lost 5 lbs over the past week and a half because I really haven't been hungry and I haven't been sleeping well, either. I told him how I felt. He was understanding and just tried to reassure that I don't have anything to worry about. I can't explain how much better I feel! I never EVER want to feel like that again. I love him a lot and it's hard for me to be away from him...especially so far away. Since he's in between jobs, he feels it might be a good idea to stay there for awhile because the job market is so much better up there. I don't like the idea but since I'm moving out of the area after graduation, I figured it would probably work out better. He said he'll be back to visit soon and then again closer to ladybug's due date...so I'll be ok...as long as I stay focused on the big picture. :)

We'll see how things work out. He says everything is going to be ok...my mom says the same thing, so I just need to believe it. :)

Thanks so much ladies! You all are awesome. :D

Hey ladies!

@purple: Dont stress it. He is your man and believe that!! Just pray and leave it there. I truly believe he only loves you!:cloud9:

As for me, I have a God-sister that I grew up with since about 10 yrs old and today her sister was killed in a car accident. :cry: She was crossing the street. The driver wasnt going fast and when she went to hospital they thought she would be ok. Well she went to hospital and then went into cardiac arrest and she died. Ive know her since she was 14/15 and she died today at about 41/42. We talked often because we were both English teachers. Her mother my God-mother is a ordained minister and holding fast to her faith but Im sure that this still hurts like hell to lose your oldest daughter. Her name was Lovie and she had never married, nor had any kids.
I still cant believe it! I am going to Chicago soon for the funeral. Just keep her family in your prayers.

Tomorrow isnt promised. Love everybody today.:hugs:

Oh goodness, hun. I'm sorry to hear about your God-sister. :hugs: Life is really too precious and too short. It really is tragic when our loved ones are taken so suddenly...your family and your God-family are definitely in my prayers. :flower:

Purple, I am glad things worked out for you. So stop stressing and get to studying.LOL

Mrsk, I am so sorry for your lost. I wish I had the right words to say to stop the pain. I don't have the right words but I know the right person His name is Jesus!! I pray that God gives you and your God-family peace that only He can give. A sudden death takes such a toll on us so I pray that God give all of you the comfort and strength that you will need and as much as you need. Praying for you.:hugs:

Purple- I am sooooo glad that you have talked to your OH and are now reassured that everything is ok Please try not to stress anymore, think about the little one you are carrying.

MrsKC- I am so sorry about you God Sister, I can not even begin to imagine how you and her family must feel. Praying for all of you.

So sorry for your loss MrsKC. You are all in my prayers...Bless...

Hey everybody!

My family is doing as well as can be. They are making arrangements and contacting people so Im thinking the funeral will be sometime next week. My BFF and I are going to drive to Chicago:wacko:. I hate car rides!:growlmad: Other than that, I am doing well. I have a Drs appt today:happydance:. Praying that everything is well and I hope to get a scan today! I will keep yall posted!:happydance:

Yeah, I'm going to try my best not to stress like that again. Baby has been a lot calmer since I've calmed down yesterday. For the past few nights before last night, she had been up almost all night moving around like crazy. Last night, we were both knocked out lol. I felt her stretch and move a little bit throughout the night like she usually does but nothing compared to how she had been.

Definitely going to turn my focus to my studies now. My lowest grade last semester was a B+ so I'm hoping I can pull that off again or even get straight A's. :)

Have a great day ladies. :)

Hey ladies,

Just checking in on my FAB ladies. I hope all is well with everyone and you all are having an awesome day.

Sorry to hear MrsK.

I too hope everyone is having a wonderful day!:thumbup:

Thanks for the encouraging words ladies:)

DH and I have been "actively" trying since DS was 2. We m/c in Nov.05 and from then on we just NTNP. Fast forward to now 2010 we've been actively ttc since April of this year. It's been so long since I've seen a positive test of ANY kind that I'm not sure if I would believe it if I got one! I would like to have a DD soooo bad but since its been so hard for us it really wouldn't matter as long as we got a healthy baby. I just want my:bfp: and healthy :baby: in nine months.

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: to all!

So I went to DR today and all is well! Baby heartbeat was 154:happydance:! We elected to have no testing done and we have our big scan in 3 weeks. My DR says they flag the charts with a special tag for people like us who dont want to know. They dont even write it in our charts!:happydance::happydance: So no one can make a mistake and tell us!:happydance:

Going to chicago fri-mon for funeral. Not sure if Im ready for this but I know God loved her best. He has a plan in all of this!

Hope everyone is well!:hugs:

Hi Ready and Regal

MrsK- Safe travels, I wish it was a happy occasion, still praying for you and your family

charisse- Continue to stay positive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->