African or African-Americans TTC

Hello ladies,

Kareen, I hope you get to feeling better. Please let us know when makes his entrance.

Mrsk, your bump pics are so cute. I cannot believe you are already 27 weeks.

@MrsK~cute bump pics! I need to take more pics...baby has really grown since I changed my avatar...

@Kareen~not much longer! I'm excited for you :D

AFM, I'm just trying to finish out the semester. I feel like I'm slowing down...ugh...think I'm going to take a nap before I finish this project that I have and start on another. I'm so happy that I have Wed-Sun to rest and work on school work. I can't remember the last time I've had so many projects, tests and assignments. It's almost over, though so I can't complain. :)

I hope everyone is doing great. Talk to you lovely ladies later. :)

@MrsK~cute bump pics! I need to take more pics...baby has really grown since I changed my avatar...

@Kareen~not much longer! I'm excited for you :D

AFM, I'm just trying to finish out the semester. I feel like I'm slowing down...ugh...think I'm going to take a nap before I finish this project that I have and start on another. I'm so happy that I have Wed-Sun to rest and work on school work. I can't remember the last time I've had so many projects, tests and assignments. It's almost over, though so I can't complain. :)

I hope everyone is doing great. Talk to you lovely ladies later. :)

Thanks Purple:hugs:!

I remember the school days for Undergrad and Masters and I cannot say that I miss it. I am going back to school next August 2011 to get my ED.S, which is like an Educational Doctorate and Im going to take the test to become an administrator even though I have no plans to do that until I have made 10 yrs in the class room. I am going on my 5th yr of teaching, so I have a while to go.

Are you having a natural birth Purple? Im contemplating it. Im going to see how much pain I can manage before I actually ask for an epidural. I dont think I want them to offer it to me though, I want them to wait until I ask because I know I will cave in if they ask me:winkwink:

I plan to...with DS, I started without any pain meds and ended up getting an IV pain reliever a couple hours in (I don't remember what it was called, I was in too much pain to even care lol). It took the edge off and helped me sleep in between my contractions. I was told that I couldn't get an epidural because I had scoliosis surgery when I was 14 (have rods in)...the anesthesiologist was really rude like I was asking him to go out of his way when I did ask for an epidural. He actually caught an attitude with me because I was in the middle of a contraction and he refused to wait until it was over so that I could position myself better. I'm kinda glad I didn't get one, though...pushing was so much easier because I could actually feel what was going on.

So, if anything, I'll probably just get an IV pain reliever. My labor with DS was about 8 hours so I'm hoping this one is faster. The only thing was that they had to give me oxygen because it made DS a little sleepy. According to my mom, the last couple hours of my labor were borderline comical because I kept trying to climb out of the bed and was taking the oxygen mask off so the nurse was standing guard by my bed to make sure I behaved. :haha: I only remember parts of it because I was sleeping and would wake up to scream during a contraction and I'd hear the nurse or my mom tell me to put my mask back on or to stop trying to climb out of the bed lol. This time I'd like to be more coherent, though lol.

I plan to...with DS, I started without any pain meds and ended up getting an IV pain reliever a couple hours in (I don't remember what it was called, I was in too much pain to even care lol). It took the edge off and helped me sleep in between my contractions. I was told that I couldn't get an epidural because I had scoliosis surgery when I was 14 (have rods in)...the anesthesiologist was really rude like I was asking him to go out of his way when I did ask for an epidural. He actually caught an attitude with me because I was in the middle of a contraction and he refused to wait until it was over so that I could position myself better. I'm kinda glad I didn't get one, though...pushing was so much easier because I could actually feel what was going on.

So, if anything, I'll probably just get an IV pain reliever. My labor with DS was about 8 hours so I'm hoping this one is faster. The only thing was that they had to give me oxygen because it made DS a little sleepy. According to my mom, the last couple hours of my labor were borderline comical because I kept trying to climb out of the bed and was taking the oxygen mask off so the nurse was standing guard by my bed to make sure I behaved. :haha: I only remember parts of it because I was sleeping and would wake up to scream during a contraction and I'd hear the nurse or my mom tell me to put my mask back on or to stop trying to climb out of the bed lol. This time I'd like to be more coherent, though lol.

Yeah I had the IV one as well and then I had the epidural that wore off:nope:. Then eventually I ended up needing a csection:nope:. I definitely do not want a csection again:nope:. I did not have a good experience birthing last time so I want to have a better time this go round, and Im trying to figure out whats best. From looking at a Baby Story on TLC I wish I would have done a home birth or had my baby in a birthing center. Im nervous though about going natural....decisions, decisions:shrug:.

Hello ladies,

Msk, I hope your birth goes smoothly. I had 2 c-sections. The first was needed and the second I did not have an option.:shrug: So I looked into have a VBA2C and in the state of Texas that is almost impossible. I really do not want a c-section again. Okay I know I am not pregnant yet but I believe it is coming soon.

Purple, don't give the nures a hard time this time.:haha: When I was in labor with my oldest I want everyone to leave the room. They got on my nerves touching me and saying "you are doing good." I was like I am laying in a bed in pain how is that good. LOL

Afm, I have been having some horrible back pains. I think I pulled a muscle doing a workout session.

@MrsK~I find that c-sections are becoming more common these days...it's kinda scary. Part of me thinks it's because of the number of inductions that are done...like my friend went for an induction about a week or so ago, was in labor for nearly 18 hours before they delivered her baby by c-section. I've heard conflicting things about epidurals. Some say they can slow down labor, others say they can actually help labor...so I don't know :shrug:. The IV drug that they gave me wore off like most narcotics do...ya know when you're still really drowsy but it doesn't help the pain...but I was fine with that...as long as I got SOME sleep (I went into active labor around midnight and DS was born at 8:45 am). I'm a little scared about going natural, but I want to challenge myself to see if I can do it.

@Ready~ it's never too early to be thinking about things like that. Before you know, you're going to be glad that you did start thinking about it early...because I've been toiling over this since I got my BFP....which hospital, what I wanted my labor and delivery experience to be like, etc. I even considered a home birth at one point because my hospital options are kinda slim. I'm having this baby at the same hospital I had DS because my hospital of choice doesn't deliver babies anymore and my mw's practice doesn't have privileges at my 2nd choice. Hopefully, I'll have a better experience this time. I was really turned off from that hospital after I had DS.

Honestly, if I had to have a c-section, I don't know what I'd do. That's like my ultimate fear for some reason. I know women who have had them and say it's not the end of the world but I just don't want to go through that...especially since I'm due exactly a week before classes start for the spring. I had a 3rd degree tear with DS (the docs said I pushed too fast...but it was more like he was crowning and I couldn't stop him lol)..I'd take that again over a c-section. I just have this phobia of surgery...

I am having my baby in Memphis, TN and VBACs are common here. My DR says she encourages it as long as I do not have to be induced. If I have to be induced then I will have to have a csection. I am going to fight an induction tooth and nail because I know that womens bodies are made to labor naturally. I am going to talk with her more about it next week and I dont want to be induced just because I am past my due date. The letter she gave me says that I can wait until 2 weeks after my due date before actually needing to be induced.

@rdy: a lot of states are like that but its funny that vbacs are actually safer than a repeat c section:shrug:.

@purple: i think a lot of drs push csections due to their own time constraints but I will not allow them to put me on their time schedules this time around:thumbup:

Hm. I never thought of it that way...I know a lot of women are going for inductions. A lot of my friends who have had children have been induced; not because they were overdue, but because they were tired of being pregnant. Like my friend that I mentioned before, her due date was this past Sunday but she opted to be induced early. I wanted to advise her against it, but I didn't really want to pry. She was already 3cm dilated, but clearly her body and baby weren't ready yet. With DS, I kept telling my doc a couple days before my due date that I felt like I was in labor but he didn't believe me. DS's heartbeat was irregular so they set me up for an induction the following day. Although, I had dilated 2cm (because I was in early labor, like I had told them), they insisted on starting me on cervidil. Luckily, I didn't need pitocin.

That's one thing, I don't want to go overdue but at the same time I don't want to be induced either because I know that increases the chance of having to have a c-section. I honestly don't see myself going past my due date, though. I'm waaayyyy too uncomfortable to stay like this for more than 6 weeks lol. My body is really starting to make that transition...it's kinda scary, but at the same time it's amazing how my body is really on autopilot now...

Oh, and I hope your back feels better, Ready. :flower: Back pain/injuries are the worst IMO...

Hm. I never thought of it that way...I know a lot of women are going for inductions. A lot of my friends who have had children have been induced; not because they were overdue, but because they were tired of being pregnant. Like my friend that I mentioned before, her due date was this past Sunday but she opted to be induced early. I wanted to advise her against it, but I didn't really want to pry. She was already 3cm dilated, but clearly her body and baby weren't ready yet. With DS, I kept telling my doc a couple days before my due date that I felt like I was in labor but he didn't believe me. DS's heartbeat was irregular so they set me up for an induction the following day. Although, I had dilated 2cm (because I was in early labor, like I had told them), they insisted on starting me on cervidil. Luckily, I didn't need pitocin.

That's one thing, I don't want to go overdue but at the same time I don't want to be induced either because I know that increases the chance of having to have a c-section. I honestly don't see myself going past my due date, though. I'm waaayyyy too uncomfortable to stay like this for more than 6 weeks lol. My body is really starting to make that transition...it's kinda scary, but at the same time it's amazing how my body is really on autopilot now...

Yes I think that your body knows when to labor. I mean think about past generations like my grandmas. They werent induced and didnt even know what it was and they use to have like 12 children:haha:. Im just trusting my body to tell me when its time. Hopefully no induction unless absolutely necessary. I had a friend whose Dr was trying to force her to be induced because she was 2 days over due. She declined, waited an extra week and her body went into labor naturally and she was happy she waited.

Thats awesome that your body is changing like that:happydance:.

Purple and Msk, I really pray and hope that both of you labor on your own and that the pain will be bearable. I pray there is no induction for either of you. I really believe we should go in labor natually unless it is a matter of life and death. I don't like how doctors want the "schedule" the birth of your child. I am trying to find a doctor or midwife that will allow me to have a VBA2C.

Purple and Msk, I really pray and hope that both of you labor on your own and that the pain will be bearable. I pray there is no induction for either of you. I really believe we should go in labor natually unless it is a matter of life and death. I don't like how doctors want the "schedule" the birth of your child. I am trying to find a doctor or midwife that will allow me to have a VBA2C.

Im sure there is one DR out there that will allow you to have a VBAC. A lot of hospitals think about the risks and possibly lawsuits but with the papers they make you sign, Im sure that you can get out of it.

Im surfing the net for childbirth and labor classes. The one at my hospital is too expensive. Going to try another hospital:winkwink:

Hey Ladies, i know its been a long min. I have been busy haven't been online lately. I will have to take time to read to see what is going on with everyone. I pray all is well

Hello all, i have been out of touch for a while ...I hope everyone is doing great.

Hey ladies! Happy Thanksgiving! I am in Chicago and enjoying my time here. I went to church this morning and it was nice. My mom is doing ok. She had back surgery a few weeks ago and is just managing so far. Pray she has a speedy recovery please:winkwink:. I just washed her up and geez let me tell you, I never want to be a nurse!!:dohh:

Have a good thanksgiving!:hugs:

Hey ladies,

Just popping in the say hello. It has been quiet on this thread for a couple of days. I hope everyone is doing well.

Hey ladies,

Just popping in the say hello. It has been quiet on this thread for a couple of days. I hope everyone is doing well.

lol I agree it has been very quiet.. checking this thread has become part of my daily ritual..but I'm doing fine and hoping the same for everyone else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->