African or African-Americans TTC

Hi ladies! Just popping in to see how everyone is doing. I've recently been taken off of work and put on modified bedrest, so I'm sure I'll be around more frequently. I went to the hospital on Friday because of contractions and surprisingly was dilated 1-2 centimeters. I'm excited, but I hope my LO holds on for another week. I'd love to make it to full term. I'm going to try to catch up and read some previous posts.

Mrskc - I'm glad to see you're progressing well! Cute bump!

iam - I'm SO sorry to hear about your grandmother passing. I hope you and your family are able to find peace during this tough time.

To everyone else, I hope you are all doing well!!

Welcome back and dont stay away so long. I pray you make it to full term as well. Tell her to hold on a few more weeks:winkwink:. I have so much baby stuff to do. Hubby keeps saying wait for baby shower but whatever, I aint thinking about him:haha:.

I know how hard it is to wait to purchase baby items, but it's worth the wait! We received SO many duplicates at our shower that we were able to just exchange them for the items that we didn't get. And we used gift cards to purchase everything else.

Yeah thats a great idea:winkwink:. I guess I will take that into consideration. If they could all give me gift cards that would be great:haha:

Hey everyone, just checking in!

Iam~ I will be praying for peace and strength for you and your loved ones. :hugs:

How is everyone else? Me, I'm exhausted. Ladybug has started to engage herself in my pelvis. This morning I felt her little fists at the very bottom...on the underside of my bump so that gives me a pretty good idea of how low she is. Everybody (even strangers) are telling me that she's going to come around Xmas if not sooner, but we'll see. OH doesn't want me doing much so he's always fussing for me to sit down lol...

I wish I was having a baby shower. My sis that's not talking to me threw my 1st one. This time around, my fam has really been acting funny. I almost feel like some people have an issue with me being pregnant again...but whatever, I'm not stressing over it.

Well I gotta go and get ready for class. Classes end in a week and I have finals until the following Thursday...so I'm hoping that I can last that long lol.

Have a great day ladies. :flower:

Hey everyone, just checking in!

Iam~ I will be praying for peace and strength for you and your loved ones. :hugs:

How is everyone else? Me, I'm exhausted. Ladybug has started to engage herself in my pelvis. This morning I felt her little fists at the very bottom...on the underside of my bump so that gives me a pretty good idea of how low she is. Everybody (even strangers) are telling me that she's going to come around Xmas if not sooner, but we'll see. OH doesn't want me doing much so he's always fussing for me to sit down lol...

I wish I was having a baby shower. My sis that's not talking to me threw my 1st one. This time around, my fam has really been acting funny. I almost feel like some people have an issue with me being pregnant again...but whatever, I'm not stressing over it.

Well I gotta go and get ready for class. Classes end in a week and I have finals until the following Thursday...so I'm hoping that I can last that long lol.

Have a great day ladies. :flower:

Hey Purple:

I think every child should have a baby shower no matter how many you have. Even if you arent getting gifts just the idea of being with friends to shower you with love is a great idea. Do you have any close friends that can throw you one? Why do they have an issue with you being preggo again? Are they jealous of you and your relationship with OH? I havent had a baby shower in 10 yrs, so my BFF is throwing me one, and Im kinda looking forward to it. I dont like a lot of attention being placed on me, so this will be different:shrug:.

Have a good day!

BTW, I pray that you go to full term and those people are all wrong. I feel like people around us rush pregnancy too much! Just let us enjoy being pregnant:)

Hey ladies,

Purple, I hope you go full term as well.

Mrsk, are you shy? I ask because you say you don't like attention. Don't worry about the attention at the shower just think of it as love over-flowing. Did you registar yet? If so let us know so we can have gifts sent to you via on-line. It is safe and we will not know your address. Someone else I know that lives another city did that and I thought that was cool.

Have a good day ladies.

Hey ladies,

Mrsk, are you shy? I ask because you say you don't like attention. Don't worry about the attention at the shower just think of it as love over-flowing. Did you registar yet? If so let us know so we can have gifts sent to you via on-line. It is safe and we will not know your address. Someone else I know that lives another city did that and I thought that was cool.

Have a good day ladies.

Oh thanks! I appreciate that very much! Im not really shy seeing that I teach 14-16 yr olds everyday but I guess I just dont feel comfortable with "all eyes on me":haha:. Im registered at Target, Babies R Us and JC Penney. Real name Kimberly McCoy-Brown:winkwink:

Hey ladies,

Have a good day ladies.

Oh thanks! I appreciate that very much! Im not really shy seeing that I teach 14-16 yr olds everyday but I guess I just dont feel comfortable with "all eyes on me":haha:. Im registered at Target, Babies R Us and JC Penney. Real name Kimberly McCoy-Brown:winkwink:

Okay thanks. What date is your shower that way it can come on or before your shower. I really want to send something right before. So you can have a gift from your virtual friend. :thumbup:

Hey ladies,

Have a good day ladies.

Okay thanks. What date is your shower that way it can come on or before your shower. I really want to send something right before. So you can have a gift from your virtual friend. :thumbup:

Thanks that is really sweet of you!!!:happydance: Its Jan 15.

As long as I make it past finals, I'll be happy. She'll be full term (technically) by then anyway. Even my OH says that I look like I can go into labor at anytime lol...I think because she's dropped so much...that combined with her most recent growth spurt really makes me look like I'm ready to 'pop' lol. I've been getting BH really often...sometimes they come really regularly, too so I'm pretty sure she'll be on her way in the next 2-3 weeks. :)

As for the baby shower, I don't know. My mom has bought her some clothes (mostly summer dresses that she found on sale) and that's it. She'll call me every now and then to make sure I'm still pregnant and she didn't miss the birth. As you all know, I haven't talked to one of my sisters since before I've gotten pregnant and the only thing she's said about it was something about I should be careful not to catch HIV/AIDS from my OH because it happened to a friend of hers. Ironically enough, DS spent Thanksgiving with her and her OH...I didn't have any say about it...my mother made the decision and decided to inform me about it later. She couldn't understand why I was so upset about it and basically told me to get over it and be the "bigger person". My OH and I have had our rough patches in the past. When we first met and were "talking", he did started seeing someone else behind my back...but that was over 2 years ago. I had stopped talking to him for a few months, but after we reconciled, there hasn't been any other "incidents" since. My mother and sisters (who are all single) believe that "once a cheater, always a cheater". I can't say that about OH because he's been working hard to regain and keep my trust since we've gotten back together. We've had our ups and downs but have both been putting forth a sincere effort to build a solid and wholesome foundation for ourselves and our family. All I hear from my family are comments like "you're better than me..." and when I ask them what they mean by it, they can't or won't explain themselves. Even my bff was a bit taken aback when I mention that things are working out for us. So I feel like the only person I really have is my OH...and it makes me really sad, honestly :cry:...

My father's side of my family has virtually disappeared since I told my grandmother that I was expecting once when we were emailing back and forth. All she said was, "Good luck with your new pregnancy.". I've tried contacting my aunt whom I had been in constant contact with and she never returns my calls or texts anymore. :Shrug: I don't know why.

I don't know...I'm kinda in a bummed mood today. :( I feel like I shouldn't be...but I get kinda down sometimes because I do wish I had the support of friend and family. My mom has already said, "This is your baby with [OH]..."...she said some other stuff after that that made think that she really doesn't want to be involved because of her feelings toward my OH. I don't know why she feels the way she does, honestly...I think it's mostly because he's not a high paid professional (i.e. a doctor or lawyer). When I mention that, she always says, "It's your life do with it what you want...you can waste your time on whoever you choose to..."

On a brighter note, I received some really good feedback from one of my professors. I've been worried about my grades, especially in the two classes that he teaches but he told me that I don't have a reason to worry...if I keep doing what I'm doing, I should get an A in both courses. That made me happy because I've really been focused this semester. He told me that he knew I was smart, but I've really surpassed his expectations this semester. :D At least I get positive feedback from somewhere...according to my mother, I'm not going to do my best because OH is a distraction. :wacko:

Sorry for the long rant/sob story...I really don't have anyone to talk to except for OH and although he's really compassionate and tries to be understanding, I don't want to keep bombarding him with my stresses all of the time...he's says that's what he's here for but I don't want him to start to think that I'm just a "Debbie downer".

Well I have to go, I'll talk to you lovely ladies later. :flower:

As long as I make it past finals, I'll be happy. She'll be full term (technically) by then anyway. Even my OH says that I look like I can go into labor at anytime lol...I think because she's dropped so much...that combined with her most recent growth spurt really makes me look like I'm ready to 'pop' lol. I've been getting BH really often...sometimes they come really regularly, too so I'm pretty sure she'll be on her way in the next 2-3 weeks. :)

As for the baby shower, I don't know. My mom has bought her some clothes (mostly summer dresses that she found on sale) and that's it. She'll call me every now and then to make sure I'm still pregnant and she didn't miss the birth. As you all know, I haven't talked to one of my sisters since before I've gotten pregnant and the only thing she's said about it was something about I should be careful not to catch HIV/AIDS from my OH because it happened to a friend of hers. Ironically enough, DS spent Thanksgiving with her and her OH...I didn't have any say about it...my mother made the decision and decided to inform me about it later. She couldn't understand why I was so upset about it and basically told me to get over it and be the "bigger person". My OH and I have had our rough patches in the past. When we first met and were "talking", he did started seeing someone else behind my back...but that was over 2 years ago. I had stopped talking to him for a few months, but after we reconciled, there hasn't been any other "incidents" since. My mother and sisters (who are all single) believe that "once a cheater, always a cheater". I can't say that about OH because he's been working hard to regain and keep my trust since we've gotten back together. We've had our ups and downs but have both been putting forth a sincere effort to build a solid and wholesome foundation for ourselves and our family. All I hear from my family are comments like "you're better than me..." and when I ask them what they mean by it, they can't or won't explain themselves. Even my bff was a bit taken aback when I mention that things are working out for us. So I feel like the only person I really have is my OH...and it makes me really sad, honestly :cry:...

My father's side of my family has virtually disappeared since I told my grandmother that I was expecting once when we were emailing back and forth. All she said was, "Good luck with your new pregnancy.". I've tried contacting my aunt whom I had been in constant contact with and she never returns my calls or texts anymore. :Shrug: I don't know why.

I don't know...I'm kinda in a bummed mood today. :( I feel like I shouldn't be...but I get kinda down sometimes because I do wish I had the support of friend and family. My mom has already said, "This is your baby with [OH]..."...she said some other stuff after that that made think that she really doesn't want to be involved because of her feelings toward my OH. I don't know why she feels the way she does, honestly...I think it's mostly because he's not a high paid professional (i.e. a doctor or lawyer). When I mention that, she always says, "It's your life do with it what you want...you can waste your time on whoever you choose to..."

On a brighter note, I received some really good feedback from one of my professors. I've been worried about my grades, especially in the two classes that he teaches but he told me that I don't have a reason to worry...if I keep doing what I'm doing, I should get an A in both courses. That made me happy because I've really been focused this semester. He told me that he knew I was smart, but I've really surpassed his expectations this semester. :D At least I get positive feedback from somewhere...according to my mother, I'm not going to do my best because OH is a distraction. :wacko:

Sorry for the long rant/sob story...I really don't have anyone to talk to except for OH and although he's really compassionate and tries to be understanding, I don't want to keep bombarding him with my stresses all of the time...he's says that's what he's here for but I don't want him to start to think that I'm just a "Debbie downer".

Well I have to go, I'll talk to you lovely ladies later. :flower:

Hey Purple:

In some ways I can relate to your story. I met my DH in June 2008, and we had a great start. Then eventually things started to change for the worse. He was going through my phone, and emails. He found out I was talking to someone else but I only did that because we were "dating" and not exclusive yet. I dont believe in giving my whole self until I know where we are suppose to be going. Well once I found out he was doing that, I put the brakes on fast and told him what I expected and that I would NOT be with a man who was prying in my stuff and etc. He learned his lesson and knew I meant business. We have never been through that again. Then later we had another "incident" and I told my friends. Well long story short, my 2 girlfriends have held a grudge against my husband since this happened.

When he asked me to marry him Feb 2009, I called my BFF and she was like "oh Ok", in a negative way and then said she was going to call me back, and never did. So I emailed her and told her I was pissed at her and her behavior. Since then, she has come around but not really. She doesnt really call much and we talked everyday! She also never comes to visit me, and makes promises that she never keeps.

My mother told me that she is jealous and that she doesnt understand the changes that relationships go through.

I said all of that to say that people must learn to forgive no matter what. When they (your family and my friend) hold unforgiveness in their heart they will always be rude and mean. Just make sure that you have forgiven them and move on. I dont have any friends where I live except one. Hubby is like my world and like you I share everything with him, even though its not the same as having a close girlfriend but be grateful to have him who understands.

Next time you have an issue with OH dont tell anyone because people make judgements about our mates and we have gone back on to love them unconditionally. I keep all business between me and him, so in others eyes we are just happy and satisfied, even if we are pissed with one another:winkwink:.

It will be ok. We are here for you!:hugs:

I completely agree. I really don't tell my family much of what goes on between him and I. I try talking to my mom at times because I do get frustrated; not necessarily because of anything that he says or does but because things aren't how I feel they should be sometimes (for example, when he was in Delaware and I was here by myself)...I've realized that my mom takes opportunities like those to try to talk me into leaving and forgetting about him. I don't understand it, but it's like my family actually wants me to be a single mother...

I'm just really thankful that my OH is so understanding. Hopefully, when I graduate and we move to wherever we decide is best, I'll be able to find other women who are in committed relationships and understand what it's like. I love my BFF to pieces but I find that since she's not in the same spot in her life as I am in mine, it's hard for her to understand what I go through sometimes. Her and her OH are kinda on again, off again...she doesn't have any children so she really doesn't get it.

I really enjoy sharing with you ladies since I really don't have good relationships with my sisters and I don't have any ladies in my life who are married whom I can ask for advice and perhaps learn from in the process. :hugs: Thanks ladies. :)

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, Purple. It's really hard when you don't have the support that you need. Hopefully your family will come around, it's not fair of them to judge the person that you want to be with. But, not everyone sees things that way...

AFM, I received good news at my 36 week appointment today. I haven't dilated any further, and I was cleared to go back to work. I agreed only because it's better for us financially. I was so concerned about my LO being premature, but I'll be full term in 4 days. What a relief!

Ladies,

I know how you feel. The only person I can talk to is my little sister but she lives 300 miles away. When my and dh had some problems that could have broken us up she was the only person that told me to stick it out. She prayed for us and told me whatever decision I made she was there for me.

So ladies I know I am only your online friend but just know I am here for you and I do pray for you all often. :hugs: I know how it feels to not have anyone to talk too.

I completely agree. I really don't tell my family much of what goes on between him and I. I try talking to my mom at times because I do get frustrated; not necessarily because of anything that he says or does but because things aren't how I feel they should be sometimes (for example, when he was in Delaware and I was here by myself)...I've realized that my mom takes opportunities like those to try to talk me into leaving and forgetting about him. I don't understand it, but it's like my family actually wants me to be a single mother...

I'm just really thankful that my OH is so understanding. Hopefully, when I graduate and we move to wherever we decide is best, I'll be able to find other women who are in committed relationships and understand what it's like. I love my BFF to pieces but I find that since she's not in the same spot in her life as I am in mine, it's hard for her to understand what I go through sometimes. Her and her OH are kinda on again, off again...she doesn't have any children so she really doesn't get it.

I really enjoy sharing with you ladies since I really don't have good relationships with my sisters and I don't have any ladies in my life who are married whom I can ask for advice and perhaps learn from in the process. :hugs: Thanks ladies. :)

Hey Purple:

Do you think your mom is acting differently because you are not married and having a baby? I know sometimes parents can be funny like that. When I got preggo with my daughter I wasnt married initially but we got married when I was 7 months. My mom wasnt feeling us having a baby out of wedlock and I felt kinda forced into marrying him. He wasnt the man for me and I knew it but I did it anyway and that is the biggest regret of my life, but happy that I had my daughter from that union. So sometimes things that they dont like are more their problem than ours:shrug:.

All will be well sis, praying for you:hugs:

Hey ladies!

Today I went shopping and I got one dress from motherhood, a pair of cords and a shirt. Funny though, they had a sale that started last week and was suppose to end tomorrow. Buy 100 worth of clothes get 30 off, well wouldnt you know they cancelled the sale a day early. What type of company does that? Im thinking of emailing their corporate office because I think that is unfair. I also finally returned some maternity jeans to JCPenney, they were soooo tight!! I traded them for another pair and actually they were 2 bucks cheaper. Then I went to burlington and put the baby bedding and mobile in the layaway. I got a 10 pc bedding set for 79 dollars. I really wanted this other one but for that price, I will learn to love this one. It has monkeys on it as well, so we will make do with that one. I did all of this today and I think I spent right at 110 dollars for everything! Im a bargain/cheap shopper LOL!:haha:

So no more maternity clothes for me. These will have to get me through february. I will be the mix and match queen at work.

BTW, my high school went to the state championship today. It was the first time in history for the city of memphis, tennessee. They lost :cry:but I applaud them for getting this far. I believe they lost because they were too hot headed. I can tell that just by watching the game on tv:dohh:!

Hope everyone is feeling grand:hugs:!

I'm glad you were able to get some great deals on maternity clothes, Mrskc!

All the maternity clothes I have I purchased off the clearance rack. And I didn't even end up wearing them until last week! So I'm glad I didn't spend loads of money on them.

I go back to work tomorrow. I'm really nervous about it. Hopefully all goes well. Either way, I think I'm only going to stay for two weeks (I'll be 39 weeks then), and then start my actual maternity leave. I'm so anxious to meet my little girl. It still doesn't feel real to me that I'm going to have a baby, I'm sure it'll sink in once I see her face.

How is everyone else?

Hey ladies,

The last time I posted I was really bummed. That night before I went to bed, I made sure to ask the Most High for a better day. Funny enough, my mom called me the next morning and our conversation was very pleasant. She made sure that I was aware that she's there for me, and she doesn't mean any harm. A couple of her friends had actually asked her if I was having a baby shower and if not, what did I still need for the baby...so I ended up finishing my registry that I had started months ago at Target. Sometimes I'm just in awe at how God really hears us when we cry out. Well, that's my little testimony. :)

I've been having BH off and on all day long today. Hopefully, she'll stay put for atleast another 11 days. This is the last week of classes and I have finals coming up. I hope I make it. Everybody keeps telling me that I look like I'm "about to pop". I find it amazing because I felt my body transitioning and there's really a noticeable difference in how I'm carrying now.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'll be back on tomorrow. Talk to you ladies later. :flower:

@sincere: I pray your next two weeks go well. Your little girl will be here soon. Be sure to share pics. I had that surreal feeling when I had my 9 yr old. When she came out I said, WOW she is really my baby!! I was excited, crying and to top it off she was so dark and I loved it. She is still really dark and has a beautiful skin tone! I tell her everyday, she is my chocolate star:winkwink:.

@Purple: I too prayed for you and Im glad things are looking up girl! He is so awesome! May not come when you want him but he is always on time!!:happydance:

AFM, went to get paint today for the baby's room, so we are finally getting a move on things. His/Her room will be yellow and green. Ill take pics when hubby finishes painting. Im also not sure now if I want to know what Im having. I figure if I have to wait until 35 weeks to find out, why not just wait:shrug:? We will see:winkwink:

@sincerevon~ for some reason this time around it feels surreal to me. I hope your 2 weeks go well. :)

@Iam ~how are you?

@mrsk~ thank you for the prayers. They were much needed. I think if I were you, I think I'd just wait since you've had to wait so long anyway. Plus, you can't really tell many people or buy anything gender specific because your DH might find out...I know personally, it would be really hard for me to keep that to myself lol. Of course, it's completely up to you though. :thumbup:

It's about 3:45am here and I'm wide awake. I'm still having BH along with some cramping and back pain. I feel so uncomfortable and miserable. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->