African or African-Americans TTC

Hi ladies. I hope everyone is keeping well. Just an update...I've had my baby boy! I was 37 +2. He was born on December 9 @ 3:45am. He was so little... 5lbs 5oz and healthy. We came home today. He's absolutely beautiful. A nice mix of myself and OH. We named him Nephian Cassius Jesiah. Thank you ladies for all of your support. We are so blessed to have our little man. What a joy. I pray for all of you ladies who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. Keep your faith in the Lord as He continually keeps the faith in each and every one of you.

Hi ladies. I hope everyone is keeping well. Just an update...I've had my baby boy! I was 37 +2. He was born on December 9 @ 3:45am. He was so little... 5lbs 5oz and healthy. We came home today. He's absolutely beautiful. A nice mix of myself and OH. We named him Nephian Cassius Jesiah. Thank you ladies for all of your support. We are so blessed to have our little man. What a joy. I pray for all of you ladies who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. Keep your faith in the Lord as He continually keeps the faith in each and every one of you.

Congrats. Glad you and the little man are doing well.

@Kareen~Congrats hun!!

@Vrai~ wow! That's amazing...God works in mysterious ways...but there's always a plan. :thumbup:

@Ready~my last exam is Thursday...I really hope I last til then..

@MrsK~I've been resting all day...I keep telling myself, "Don't make any sudden movements!" LOL.

I'm not spotting as much, which is a great thing...the contractions and back pain are intermittent...and for some reason, I'm exhausted although I've been in bed almost all day. Matter of fact, I'm on my way back to bed now lol..I'm really out of it. I have my first final tomorrow afternoon...I hope I do well. :)

Night ladies. :flower:

Thats awesome Kareen! Thanks for that "little" update:haha:( I like how you said that). This is a huge update:happydance:! Congrats on the baby boy and what a nice name too.:hugs:

Congrats! Praise the Lord! :flower: for u. Thanks for the pregnant wishes :)

Hope all of you lovies are doing well and had a great Thanksgiving!! Congrats on the new bundles of joy that have made it into the world :flower:

AFM-Just busy getting the home ready for the holiday and gearing up for Xmas. Enjoying the much needed break from my Grad courses, really busy mentoring a few inner city children, etc... Just busy so that i won't go crazy

I broke my own rule and went to the the ob/gyn this week and had the worst experience. She was just ugh! Lacked people skills, just not the greatest doc. Anywho, I went to just discuss getting a little push on this baby making business right? Okay, she went on to give me the list of issues (ALL BAD) that could happen for women in my age group etc..... and how it was not really the best case scenario. I wanted to just shoot myself right then. Then she told me that the medicine she could issue could result in Ovarian Cancer. :wacko: I called my husband and was emotional wreck he had to come home from work. I was just devastated. She wanted to give me a huge panel of blood test, HIV, hormone etc...which I'm typically okay with. However, no one said that i couldn't make a baby so I just went home and decided not to ever ever try to do God's work.

Geez.... so with all that said we are entering into month #3 of TTC. Good luck to all that's trying with me :)

@Ready, I'm watching you and waiting on one of us to announce a BFP soon since we had our reversals a short time a part.

Hope all of you lovies are doing well and had a great Thanksgiving!! Congrats on the new bundles of joy that have made it into the world :flower:

AFM-Just busy getting the home ready for the holiday and gearing up for Xmas. Enjoying the much needed break from my Grad courses, really busy mentoring a few inner city children, etc... Just busy so that i won't go crazy

I broke my own rule and went to the the ob/gyn this week and had the worst experience. She was just ugh! Lacked people skills, just not the greatest doc. Anywho, I went to just discuss getting a little push on this baby making business right? Okay, she went on to give me the list of issues (ALL BAD) that could happen for women in my age group etc..... and how it was not really the best case scenario. I wanted to just shoot myself right then. Then she told me that the medicine she could issue could result in Ovarian Cancer. :wacko: I called my husband and was emotional wreck he had to come home from work. I was just devastated. She wanted to give me a huge panel of blood test, HIV, hormone etc...which I'm typically okay with. However, no one said that i couldn't make a baby so I just went home and decided not to ever ever try to do God's work.

Geez.... so with all that said we are entering into month #3 of TTC. Good luck to all that's trying with me :)

@Ready, I'm watching you and waiting on one of us to announce a BFP soon since we had our reversals a short time a part.

:hugs: I am not sure how old you are but I am 38 and if I hear one more speech about "advance maternal age" I am going to scream :brat:. But don't let her get you down. It is all in God's hand. Find another doctor.

I am hoping to post a BFP next month. But we will see.

Ready and Inluv, I really hope you get your BFPs soon. I've been keeping you in my prayers.

Kareen - CONGRATS on your baby boy!! I'm so glad he's here and healthy.

I'm waiting for the day my LO decides to make her appearance. It's funny that just a few weeks ago I was so concerned about her coming early, and now I'm trying my best to get her out! My husband starts a new position at his job on the 1st of the year and won't be able to take any time off work after then, so I'm really hoping she decides to come before my due date.

@Inluv: Sorry you had a bad experience but its not all bad!! Im an older mom as well (will be 36 on 27th) and my DR didnt mention any of that. Even through 16 months of TTC she still didnt mention all the stuff like downs syndrome, advanced maternal age, etc. In fact she asked if we are planning to have more after this one. Sometimes when you have a DR like that its best to find one that is better and going to help and uplift you! All will be well and Im praying and trusting God in conception for you!:hugs:

@Sincere: It will be nice to have your little girl before hubby starts new job but even if she comes after, God will make provisions for you!:happydance:

AFM, my family will not be able to come for Christmas and this is the first time ever in my life that I have been without them.:nope: My moms surgery was so serious that she really cant travel, so daddy and her will be staying home. Hubby says that we will check the roads going into Chicago and if they are clear, we are going to surprise them and come up there. They dont want us to because of the weather but we are hard headed.:dohh: So thats that!

Inluv~ sorry that you had such a horrible experience! Honestly, I know that they say there are risks when you have a baby after a certain age but the way I see it is: 1-there's a risk anytime a child is conceived and 2- there are women who have been in their 40s and beyond who have had healthy children. I definitely agree with Ready, I'd find a new doc.

MrsK~ I hope you're able to see your parents for the holidays. I hope your mother makes a full recovery soon.

Sincere~ I feel like we're in opposite situations lol...I'm trying to keep my LO in a awhile longer and you're trying to encourage yours to make an appearance. Hopefully she'll come before the 1st though. :thumbup:

So my mom informed me that my sis (the one I haven't spoken to since before I got my bfp) is TTC. I guess she's taking it really seriously this time around. Part of me feels as if she's a little desperate because her and her OH haven't been together that long and personally, I wanted to be married before I got pregnant again but the timing of everything didn't work out that way. She's in a more stable stage in her life and a devout Christian so I did kinda expect for her to not be so knee-jerk about it...but I wish her the best nonetheless. I hope that she is able to conceive ...I know both her and my mom would be over the moon...and hopefully, that will help her to stop being so bitter towards me. At the same time, I hope she's doing it for the right reasons. Part of me feels as if she's doing it to gain approval from my grandma and mom...because she sees how DS is the center of their world and how my everyone is so excited about this LO. I just hope she's doing it for herself first and foremost. Speaking of my little ladybug, I'm thinking that I have a good chance of her staying put for at least another week...but then again, I don't know. Everyday is completely different. 24 hours ago, I was having loads of contractions and discharge...tonight, not so much. So who knows :shrug:

I hope you ladies know that although I may not know you personally, I do pray for all of you often. Also, it may be hard to believe but I feel the pain that you go through, trying to be patient for God to deliver your blessings. I really admire the strength that you ladies have. :hugs:

Talk to you ladies later. :flower:

@Ready, I turned 38 this past August....

:hugs: I am not sure how old you are but I am 38 and if I hear one more speech about "advance maternal age" I am going to scream :brat:. But don't let her get you down. It is all in God's hand. Find another doctor.

I am hoping to post a BFP next month. But we will see.

Sincerevon,

Thank you so much for keeping us in your prayers. A BFP would be the greatest! ps...your preggo pic is so cuutttttteeeeee

Ready and Inluv, I really hope you get your BFPs soon. I've been keeping you in my prayers.

Kareen - CONGRATS on your baby boy!! I'm so glad he's here and healthy.

I'm waiting for the day my LO decides to make her appearance. It's funny that just a few weeks ago I was so concerned about her coming early, and now I'm trying my best to get her out! My husband starts a new position at his job on the 1st of the year and won't be able to take any time off work after then, so I'm really hoping she decides to come before my due date.

sincerevon, Thanks for the prayers. I would be over the moon if I got a BFP.

Mrsk, sorry your family cannot make this year. I pray the weather is nice enough that you and your family can make it to see them.

Purple, thanks for the prayers also. I pray you and your sister work things out.

Afm, I am about to complet my last assignments for the semester. :happydance::happydance: Pretty excited about the break tha is about to come afterwards.

Hello Ladies,

It's been so long, but I miss you all.:flower: Things are going okay for me. I have taken a break from TTC. However, hubby is doing better. We pray things will work out for the good overall. I pray things are well with all of you. :cloud9: I hope to stop by more often once the New Year is here. :)

Hello Ladies,

It's been so long, but I miss you all.:flower: Things are going okay for me. I have taken a break from TTC. However, hubby is doing better. We pray things will work out for the good overall. I pray things are well with all of you. :cloud9: I hope to stop by more often once the New Year is here. :)

Hey missed ya and hope that all is going well on your end! Merry Christmas!:happydance:

Kareen- Congrats on you little one

MrsKC- I'm sorry you parents can't make it but I hope the weather allows you to see them

Purple- I hope you little one stays put at least until you exams are over

InLuv2- I'm sorry about you bad experience but don't let 1 dr detour you, just move on to the next one. I am 37 and my RE always remains positive about how women are waiting later in life to ttc but at the same time he did make sure that I new some of the things I may face. It just sounds like this gyn is not the one for you. There are positive Dr's .

Ready- I'm hoping this is your month too we need a bfp on this thread!

Regal- You're back! hope to see you on here more.

AFM- I have started my follistim injections on Sunday I will go in for a scan on Friday to see how my follies are growing and then they will schedule my IUI. I'm praying this will be our month.

Hey ladies,

Just stopping by to say hello. Been kind of busy. But all my updates will be in my journal when I can't stop by here.

2 more days until freedom! The last day of school is near....I can almost smell it:haha: Im just gonna rest and watch all the TV I can:haha:. Its suppose to be freezing rain here tomorrow, and I hope school is closed!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->