African or African-Americans TTC

Hi everyone! Over the past few days I've been on mission: Get This Baby Out!!

Needless to say, it hasn't been working. DH and I made love, I walked laps around the mall, ate spicy food, drank Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, etc. This little girl must be really cozy in there. Either that, or she's like me and hates the snow! Maybe she's waiting for it to clear up before she makes her debut. Oh well, I'll let her stay put until she's ready.

How is everyone doing? I think I'm going a little stir crazy because I'm on maternity leave. DH tries to get me out of the house a few times a week, but it's cold!!

Needless to say, it hasn't been working. DH and I made love, I walked laps around the mall, ate spicy food, drank Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, etc. This little girl must be really cozy in there. Either that, or she's like me and hates the snow! Maybe she's waiting for it to clear up before she makes her debut. Oh well, I'll let her stay put until she's ready.

How is everyone doing? I think I'm going a little stir crazy because I'm on maternity leave. DH tries to get me out of the house a few times a week, but it's cold!!

Yeah she is going to stay put until she is ready lol!
I am ready to go stir crazy:wacko: in February. I am so tired of working:nope:! I cant take maternity leave until my water breaks though:haha:. Trying to save everyday to be with the baby! Oh how I wish I was a millionaire!:thumbup:

Hey everyone, I hope all of you are doing well.

@MrsK~I feel like you...except I'm the student lol. I have my last exam on Thursday and I can't wait to get it over with so that I can relax a little lol...

@Future~I'm praying for good news for you. :thumbup:

@Sincere~you never know...your little lady might decide to make an impromptu appearance very soon! Have you been getting any BH or anything?

AFM, I just took my second to last final. I have 1 more on Thursday. I feel kinda down...like I haven't been doing my best because I haven't really had the energy to study. OH doesn't understand why I'm so upset because I'm definitely going to pass all of my classes...I just feel like I should be doing better. I needed a pick-me-up so I bought some snickerdoodles and sugar cookies from the grocery store and dared OH to say anything lol. I have my mw appointment tomorrow...I'm debating on whether I should let her check my cervix or not since I've been having lots of pink discharge and BH/contractions. I'm really just curious to see if I've made any progress since last week.

Well, I'm about to start studying for my last final...I really want to do better than I feel like I've done on my other finals...talk to you ladies later. :flower:

@Sincere,

LOL...The world is hers when she gets here.... Try and take it easy the anxiety may just hold her in longer....

By the way do you have a preg journal? Just trying to guage how long it took everyone to conceive. I'm not a stalker lol....I just enjoy reading the TTC journies.

Be blessed,
In Luv

well............

Some days I feel like I should journal my TTC mission. Other days I feel like I do enough writing with the grad classes etc... and the kids homework lol....

Then I say hmmm.....I chart and temp and that's enough....

I guess I am a lazy TTC'er or not really. I just don't know if I am consistent enough to turn my journey into a journal....

Am I the only one?

Ps.....I do enjoy reading the journal of the ladies who are TTC and who have.
Thanks to all :)

:hug:

Purple - I do have BH, sometimes they hurt, and they come quite frequently. But they never linger. I wish they would! I have a midwife appointment on Thursday and I'm hoping to have made some progress by then. We'll see!

Inluv - I wish I did a TTC journal. I started one, but got so frustrated TTC after I got PG last December and then miscarried, that I decided not to. I will say that I finally got PG after not using any contraception for YEARS when I started drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. I also started using OPKs. My DH didn't like them, but they did help me realize that I was O'ing later in my cycle than I anticipated.

I truly remember that journey. It was filled with some many ups and downs, the anticipation and the worry. I pray that your heart is filled with patience and understanding, and that your journey is short. I became so emotionally drained during that time.

@In luv: I didnt do a TTC journal either. I was too depressed about conception many of the times and I felt like the journal would just highlight those emotions. I like sincerevon, did the OPKS, charting and etc, and with all those months of no bfp, I just couldnt do a journal. I say its definitely up to you! Some people channel their emotions easier through writing, so if thats you, go for it!:thumbup:

AFM, I wrote more about this in detail in my journal but last nite I found a lump the size of a quarter in my right breast. I havent felt that their before. Ive had a mammogram last year because of lumpy breast tissue but they said I was fine and it was due to a breast reduction I had many years ago. Well since finding this out last nite, its been all on my mind:nope:. Ive been praying and I know God is in control and doesnt make mistakes. I go to the DRs today and I will have her examine me, and if I need another mammogram so be it. Ill do whatever is necessary to make sure I am as healthy as I need to be.

Hope all is well.:hugs:

@Mrsk~ I hope everything is normal. If it makes you feel any better, since becoming preggers, I've found a couple lumps that weren't there before. My mw said it's normal to have breast changes like that because of all of the hormones. I didn't get many changes as far as consistency with DS but this time I've had tons. If I weren't preggers, I'd definitely be alarmed. I'd still mention it to my doc but you're definitely not alone. :)

@sincere~ I hope your mw has some good news for you :thumbup:

Me, I have a mw appt this afternoon. I think I may go talk to my professor today because I feel like I definitely blew it on my final yesterday. When I came home I cried my eyes out because I studied so hard but yesterday just wasn't my day. I haven't really been having "good days" per se for awhile. My sleeping schedule is way off and I'm in so much discomfort that it makes it hard to concentrate at times. I've been really snappy lately and almost feel like I made a really flawed decision by getting pregnant. I don't know. I'm trying to stay joyful because.this baby is a blessing but it's hard. Everyone is so excited about her that they often ask how she's doing and forget that I'm the one carrying her. Even OH does that...it's annoying.

Sorry, I didn't mean to rant...just feeling a little down this morning. Still trying to count my blessings nonetheless because I know they're abundant. Hope you ladies have a wonderful day. :flower:

Sincere- I'm sure your LO will make her debut soon, I can't wait for the announcement

MrsKC- You are so lucky that you get a holiday break, I get the friday before, the weekend and the Monday after so I guess I shouldn't complain I do get something. Glad you are having your DR. check the lump, it's better to be overly cautious, our health is very important.

InLuv- I've thought about a ttc journal too but have chosen not to journal becuase so much of this journal is emotional and I'm not sure I would feel up to it or commited to writing but like you, I enjoy reading other ttc journals. If you do decide to journal just know that I will be stalking you! LOL!

Purple- I hope your spirits are lifted soon, you have such a blessing that you are going to deliver really soon. I'm sure you did well on your exams, and even if you didn't do as well as you would have normally done, try not to stress about it too much. You should't regret our decision to become pg you are just really emotional and tired right now. I'm praying for you.

AFM- just waiting for my scan on Friday to see if my follies are growing. I hope they are. Oh and let me not forget to add that I the follistim injections make me feel exhausted! uggh!

@Mrsk~ I hope everything is normal. If it makes you feel any better, since becoming preggers, I've found a couple lumps that weren't there before. My mw said it's normal to have breast changes like that because of all of the hormones. I didn't get many changes as far as consistency with DS but this time I've had tons. If I weren't preggers, I'd definitely be alarmed. I'd still mention it to my doc but you're definitely not alone. :)

@sincere~ I hope your mw has some good news for you :thumbup:

Me, I have a mw appt this afternoon. I think I may go talk to my professor today because I feel like I definitely blew it on my final yesterday. When I came home I cried my eyes out because I studied so hard but yesterday just wasn't my day. I haven't really been having "good days" per se for awhile. My sleeping schedule is way off and I'm in so much discomfort that it makes it hard to concentrate at times. I've been really snappy lately and almost feel like I made a really flawed decision by getting pregnant. I don't know. I'm trying to stay joyful because.this baby is a blessing but it's hard. Everyone is so excited about her that they often ask how she's doing and forget that I'm the one carrying her. Even OH does that...it's annoying.

Sorry, I didn't mean to rant...just feeling a little down this morning. Still trying to count my blessings nonetheless because I know they're abundant. Hope you ladies have a wonderful day. :flower:

I hope you find joy in your pregnancy some kind of way. I think you are just ready to deliver and are feeling overwhelmed with school and all. Im praying for you and your strength. I know you probably did well on that test too.

Thanks ladies for all of your support. You all are the best.:hugs:

Thanks ladies. I feel a bit better. I think you're right, MrsK. I'm sleep deprived (usually don't fall asleep until about 4:30am) and I'm mentally drained...but I have one more exam tomorrow afternoon so after that, I'll be able to sleep as much as I want when I want until my little girl decides to come. I guess OH sensed that something was wrong so he got up and fixed breakfast for me and told me just to rest until my mw appointment. He gets on my nerves at times but I'm truly thankful for him. I understand his excitement because we thought that we wouldn't be able to have children together so this little girl is truly a blessing.

I hope I get "good news" at my appt today. I feel like I'm going crazy. My instincts are telling me that she's on her way but I guess I don't want to believe it although all of the signs are there. We'll see, though...:)

Thanks ladies. I feel a bit better. I think you're right, MrsK. I'm sleep deprived (usually don't fall asleep until about 4:30am) and I'm mentally drained...but I have one more exam tomorrow afternoon so after that, I'll be able to sleep as much as I want when I want until my little girl decides to come. I guess OH sensed that something was wrong so he got up and fixed breakfast for me and told me just to rest until my mw appointment. He gets on my nerves at times but I'm truly thankful for him. I understand his excitement because we thought that we wouldn't be able to have children together so this little girl is truly a blessing.

I hope I get "good news" at my appt today. I feel like I'm going crazy. My instincts are telling me that she's on her way but I guess I don't want to believe it although all of the signs are there. We'll see, though...:)

Yeah the baby is probably on the way!:happydance:

Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway, former NBA player from Memphis, was at my school today. I just had to share his picture. Besides Ive always thought he was so cute:blush:

Attachments

• anfernee hardaway.jpg
    anfernee hardaway.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi all .. Just checking in, its been a while. I hope everyone is doing great .....

Hi all .. Just checking in, its been a while. I hope everyone is doing great .....

I hope that you are doing well too. When are you due? Doesnt look like its much longer. Congrats!:winkwink:

Hey ladies,

@MrsK~cool! What was he there for?

AFM, I finished my last final! I'm so happy. As for the exam I was stressing over, I definitely did do as well as I could've but my professor said I'd probably get an A- as an overall grade. :D I went to my mw yesterday. I've lost 2lbs. :shrug:...and I'm still only 2cm dilated. I was having some back pain and contractions earlier...the back pain is much less and the contractions are kinda sporadic now so I don't know :shrug:. Walking is painful because of the pressure...so hopefully that's a good sign.

How is everyone? The thread has been kinda quiet lately...

Hey ladies,

Msk, he is a cutie.

Vrain, how are you? Have you gone to the doc again?

Purple, glad you finished your exam. Now your LO can come.:happydance:

Afm, I am still waiting to OV. I have finished my exams as well just waiting for the final grades to be posted. Then I can breathe again. LOL

@purple: He was there posting a got milk campaign to get students to drink more milk and be healthier. I teach in Memphis and he was born and raised there so I guess this is his way of giving back. He is very down to earth!:thumbup:

Purple- See all the worrying was for nothing! Yay for the A, now the little one can make her debut

AFM- I went to the RE for a scan this moring and looks like there are 6 follies but unfortunatly I left the paper in the car so I don't have the sz. I take a shot tonight and tomorrow and trigger on Sunday and then the IUI on Tuesday. I'm trying to remain positive but if for some reason this isn't it for us, I have decided to take a break for a couple of months. No fertility drugs just me and my dh bd'ing and maybe I might temp and use opks. I just need a break from the drugs, they make me feel like I can't control my emotions and I hate that! I'm going to trust that God is in control and ask that he direct my path. I"m hopeful that I will have my bfp soon. I'm still going to be on here as I will still be ttc just without the drugs for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->