African or African-Americans TTC

Fingers crossed for you purple!

afm- My IUI went well so now the 2ww but I'm determined not to stress and enjoy the holidays, I'm looking forward to some retail therpy!

Future, I am so glad it went well. I know you will get that BFP we all are praying for you.

@ Purple: Thanks but how are you feeling? Still some twinges? Praying for a safe delivery for you and baby!

@Future: Im glad all went well and yes no stressing! I spent too much on retail therapy over these last week or two. I swear I dont want to see CHristmas again until next year!:dohh:

Future, I'm glad everything went well. I'm praying that it results in a new years bfp for you! :thumbup:

I had my doc appt today and she did a membrane sweep to see if that would help things a bit. Baby is measuring a week ahead and I really feel like she's ready to come out. She's constantly trying to stretch out and its painful. I can't breath because she's getting so big. I told my OH and my mom what occurred at my appt today and all I keep getting is comments like "why are you rushing her?" and "you should let things happen naturally..." yet nobody is up with me in the middle of the night when I'n so much discomfort that I can't sleep. Nobody knows how painful it is when I walk or how little energy I have. I eat well but baby literally zaps all of my energy so I'm in bed almost all day. People forget that I have scoliosis so my torso is about 3in shorter than it's supposed to be....and that makes a big difference. I feel like everyone around me is being selfish when it's really not their decision. I'm really just ready for her to be in my arms...so I hope the sweep works. I'll make sure to keep you ladies updated. :thumbup:

Future, I'm glad everything went well. I'm praying that it results in a new years bfp for you! :thumbup:

I had my doc appt today and she did a membrane sweep to see if that would help things a bit. Baby is measuring a week ahead and I really feel like she's ready to come out. She's constantly trying to stretch out and its painful. I can't breath because she's getting so big. I told my OH and my mom what occurred at my appt today and all I keep getting is comments like "why are you rushing her?" and "you should let things happen naturally..." yet nobody is up with me in the middle of the night when I'n so much discomfort that I can't sleep. Nobody knows how painful it is when I walk or how little energy I have. I eat well but baby literally zaps all of my energy so I'm in bed almost all day. People forget that I have scoliosis so my torso is about 3in shorter than it's supposed to be....and that makes a big difference. I feel like everyone around me is being selfish when it's really not their decision. I'm really just ready for her to be in my arms...so I hope the sweep works. I'll make sure to keep you ladies updated. :thumbup:

Sorry no one seems to comfort you.:hugs: I hope the sweep works. I will be praying for you.

Awww...Purple I hope the sweep works! I'm on edge I can't wait for the announcement, you have to text someone on here so they can let everyone know!!!!

Thanks, future and ready! Knowing me, I'll probably update from the hospital lol! You ladies are like family to me. I've been getting lots of pink spotting and pressure since yesterday...I thought I had lost all of my plug a couple days ago but I definitely lost the last bit last night so I'm excited. Where's Sincere??? I wonder how she's holding up...

Thank goodness for smartphones...I'll try to update as soon as possible. One of you can also send me your # in a pm in case I can't get a good signal in the hospital.

I'm excited. My doc asked me if I mind spending Xmas in the hospital and I honestly don't if it means I'll have my little girl in my arms. After all, the holidays are about family, right?

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm about to get up and do some last minute cleaning and organizing. :flower:

I'm excited. My doc asked me if I mind spending Xmas in the hospital and I honestly don't if it means I'll have my little girl in my arms. After all, the holidays are about family, right?

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm about to get up and do some last minute cleaning and organizing. :flower:

Yes they are all about family.

Be careful cleaning that is what I did and went in labor with my son the next day. LOL

I sent you a PM.

Purple,I too have been very uncomfortable especially at night. I feel like a stugged tomato. I'm praying that the sweep works and you deliver soon! Goodluck!

I'm here at the drs waiting to get a breast ultrasound. I've been here an hour already and getting very impatient!! After this I have totake my daughter to the drs. I hope they aren't as slow.

Forgive the mistakes! I'm on my new blacKberry torch:winkwink:

Hey ladies!! I'm still here! Purple, I'm hoping that my midwife does a sweep tomorrow at my appointment. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions every 10 minutes ALL day and I'm really starting to feel impatient about this whole labor process. I'm so ready to meet my little girl! I hope we both go into labor soon!

Future, I'm SO glad things went well, I'm praying for a BFP for you!

Mrskc, WOW! Your pregnancy seems to be flying by, only a few weeks left for you!!

Ready, how are things going with you?

I feel SO huge and my face is getting fatter by the day, here's a pic:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DLaZIVMlHfs/TRK2-71vifI/AAAAAAAAATc/VbKtKihFK4U/s1600/39+weeks.jpg

Sincere-OMG you look ready to pop!!lol I love the pic..

Its been a pleasure to go thru these TTC and pregnancy journeys with you ladies..I'm so excited can't wait to see pics of your little blessings

AFM- everyday I'm beginning to see more clearly why God didn't give me what I wanted when I wanted it.. All of the stress i'm going through now would have been too much and I would have been miserable being pregnant under my circumstances..everywhere I turn I see pregnant girls, people i've gone to school are pregnant..but I know my time will come..I'm just thanking God for his perfect timing..I know that he knows best!

sincerevon, You look just beautiful. You have grown from the profile pic to now though. I hope you have a wonderul easy labor. I can hardly wait until we see the pics of her when she gets here.

Vraine, How are you? Have they figured out what happen with your cycle? I hope all is well with you.

@Sincere: you look great! You have a perfect bump. Yes only a few more weeks to go. I am 8 months today!!:happydance:

@vrainoire: Yes God's timing is always right. I think about this pregnancy and how we got our BFP on our 1st anniversary and how we are delivering on the anniversary of our engagement. He is am awesome God and just lines everything up just right!:winkwink:

@Future: Gosh I hope this IUI is it. Im praying so hard!!!!!:hugs:

@RDY: That BFP is a comin girl!:hugs:

Im about to go get a pedicure and then get some groceries and a gift card for my daughters friend. Then back home. I didnt get up until 12pm today...guess I was tired!:wacko:

@Ready~I wish that would work for me! I'm on my second day of cleaning, hoping that things will pick up.

@MsK~ I know what you mean. I would lose my breath whenever I would lay down...it was horrible. It's not as bad now...I just get a lot of pelvic pain throughout the night. Congrats on being 8 months! That means it's almost over and your LO will be here. :D

@Sincere~I love your pic! I hope your sweep is more successful than mine...

@Vrai~yes, your time will come! Everything happens for a reason and in due time! I'm really glad that you've found peace in your situation. I know we always say that delay is not denial and the Most High's timing is the right timing, but really and truly recognizing it is what we need sometimes. Did you ever go back to your doc?

AFM, still waiting. I cleaned, ran errands..even did a little shopping for the LO yesterday. I walked around both Target and BJ's and the only thing I accomplished aside from spending money was making myself tired. I don't want to say that the sweep was for nothing because I did lose the rest of my plug and she said that it could take up to 2-3 days, but my hope is really starting to fade. I keep having BH, cramping, pressure and back pain off and on...but nothing consistent. Who knows, things may happen quickly...at least I'm ready. I've gotten the bulk of the stuff that she's going to need in the first few weeks...so that's a good thing. :) I just trying to be patient, but I feel like I'm going crazy. :wacko:

The doctors don't know whats going on..they're saying its no concern until i miss 6 months in a row..so i'm going to be starting BCPs in Jan if my cycle doesn't start

Mrsk, happy 8 months!!!:happydance:

Purple, I hope she comes soon. I am thinking Christmas.

Vrain, I hope the BCP help bring your cycles back normal.

@purple: Relax. Im sure the baby will be here soon. Soak up all of the time you get to sleep peacefully:winkwink:. Enjoy your time and LO will be here soon, I betcha!

@vrainoire: I hope that everything works out for you in that area. It still seems so unusual that your cycle has stopped. Praying that it all works out in your favor.

Question? Have any of you ever co-sleep with your kiddos? I was just reading about that in another forum and just curious?? Its not something that I will do, as I think my bed is for me and my husband but again just wondering? Im thinking that it will be hard to break a child from that when its time to do so. I dont think hubby is for it either.

Your thoughts?:winkwink:

@MrsK~ the problem is, I don't sleep much now :( For some reason, my symptoms seem to get worse at night so I'm usually up from about midnight til about 4 or 5am :(....even last night when I was sooo tired, I couldn't sleep because I was in so much discomfort. When I turn over, I have to wake up completely because of the pain in my pelvis...it sometimes has me in tears. :( It's gotten to the point that OH sleeps on the couch and lets me have the bed to myself so that I can find some type of comfortable position.

I co-slept with DS. He never wanted to sleep in his bassinet when he was an infant. He was also very colicky, so it made things easier on the both of us. As a toddler, he slept in either my or my mom's bed because we didn't have room for him to have his own bed. Here at my house he has his own room, but when he's with my mom, he still shares a bed with her. It is a struggle to get him to actually sleep in his bed when he's here. He has to sleep with the tv on or else he'll freak out. I'm hoping that once things become more stable, I can work on making him more comfortable with sleeping in his room, though. This LO will be sleeping in her pack 'n play next to our bed until we move to a bigger place...which will hopefully be in July. Plus, I'm planning to breastfeed so her sleeping in our room seemed like the best solution since she would have to either share a room with us or her bro...and I wouldn't want to wake him every time it was time for her to nurse. I'm not really fond of co-sleeping, especially now. When DS was born, I didn't have an OH, but I was still leery of it because of the safety hazards..

@Ready~It's funny that you say that because I keep thinking that she's going to come on Christmas. I don't know why, a little voice has been telling me that. We shall see, though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->