African or African-Americans TTC

Thank you SO much for the kind words ladies! It's so hard when you are full of hormones and feel as big as a house! I had my sweep today and to be honest it REALLY hurt. I was trying to breathe deep and keep calm, but I just couldn't relax. My bloody show came out at the appointment, and I've had some slight bleeding/spotting since. My braxton hicks contractions are coming at about 5 minutes apart, so hopefully it progresses into full blown labor.

Has anyone ever taken Castor Oil? I'm seriously considering it, I'm just SO impatient!

Purple, have you had anymore contractions?

Thank you SO much for the kind words ladies! It's so hard when you are full of hormones and feel as big as a house! I had my sweep today and to be honest it REALLY hurt. I was trying to breathe deep and keep calm, but I just couldn't relax. My bloody show came out at the appointment, and I've had some slight bleeding/spotting since. My braxton hicks contractions are coming at about 5 minutes apart, so hopefully it progresses into full blown labor.

Has anyone ever taken Castor Oil? I'm seriously considering it, I'm just SO impatient!

Purple, have you had anymore contractions?

I think I forgot to mention that in my post about my sweep; it was really uncomfortable! I couldn't imagine having it done as a 1st time mom...they say childbirth kills some of the nerve endings on your cervix...so all I felt was pressure, pressure and more pressure. Were you dilated/effaced any? The less favorable your cervix is, the more I heard it hurts.

I've still been having contractions, cramping, pressure, backache, etc...I lost the rest of my plug that night after my sweep and had some more bloody show...I've been having pink spotting off and on since...it's like all of the symptoms are there except for steady contractions.

I thought about taking castor oil but from the stories I've read online, it can be a horror. In one woman's birth story, she said "Be ready to poo. A LOT." lol...she also said that it really didn't help bring on labor in her opinion.

I've thought about perhaps getting something really spicy to eat or taking a teaspoon or 2 of ground red pepper...I'm really trying to be patient, though. My biggest fear is going into labor and having my labor stall...part of me feels like it's going to happen soon, though because I feel funny. I can't really explain it, I just feel different. I didn't go into active labor on my own with DS, but I know when I was in latent labor, I was really out of it...I wasn't really hungry, I was REALLY uncomfortable, I was having a lot of back cramping...I just wasn't myself...kinda like how I feel now.

I hope your sweep does the trick for you. Keep us updated. :)

How exciting Sincere and Purple!:happydance: Again, relax. I know you are tired of hearing that but one thing fo sho is that those little babies are a comin! You dont have to worry about that:haha:! Ive never had a sweep and from how you ladies describe it, I hope I dont have to. I am bad with pain and the first labor pain I feel, Im hollering for the epidural:haha:. I have been having braxton hicks contractions. In fact when I was in the grocery store yesterday, I had to stop in the aisle because the pain was sooo bad. I also have sciaticia, where I have shooting pain in my right hip and I can barely stand especially early in the mornings.

Well the joys and blessings of pregnancy and I wont complain about one part of it. I want every woman especially in the AA thread to experiences these great joys!:hugs:

@MrsK~ yeah, it's something I wouldn't recommend it unless you're either really close to your due date or really uncomfortable (and really want baby out). I know my cervix is hard to get to so that made it a little bit more uncomfortable and then I could feel her actually doing the sweep which was just plain weird and uncomfortable. I hope you have a great Christmas. :D

I've been having this period-like pain all day long. Ya know, like when your cramps first start and it feels kinda like gas but worse? I've been getting that all day in my lower abdomen and back...sometimes it's worse and then it eases up a little. I don't know what's going on...all I know is I'm so dang uncomfortable. :(

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Christmas. OH's brother has invited us over tomorrow, but I may gracefully decline like I did on Thanksgiving...or who knows, I might be in the hospital...never know...

Talk to you ladies later. :flower:

I'm feeling pretty much the same as you, Purple. And very irritated. I find myself very short tempered these days, and I just feel odd. I've been sleeping a ton, no energy, weird appetite, and feeling just weird. My midwife only does sweeps if the cervix is ready. Mine was 2 cm and 30% effaced. I think it hurt so badly because I wasn't sure what to expect, and I also believe that she stretched me a little bit to get me to progress quicker.

I've been spotting pink/brown ever since. I've also had stronger BH contractions and back cramps.

I broke down and took the castor oil about an hour and a half ago. Nothing to report, it wasn't gross, but I hope it works!! I'm so ready!!

I hope to all those AA, that I don't seem like I'm complaining. The last few weeks of pregnancy are much harder than I had anticipated. Still worth it, but just hard! Tons of dust and love to those awaiting their miracle.

Merry CHRISTmas ladies! I hope everyone has gotten something that they wanted and everything that they needed!

Hubby got me 2 bottles of perfume, a new camera....so I will be taking lots of bump pics, an Itune gift card and the thingy that I can play the ipod on, a camera case...and now he is cooking!:happydance::happydance: My daughter got a laptop, clothes, an electric scooter and a new board game. Not to mention she got a new phone, camera, and other stuff for her bday which was on the 21st!:wacko: She is so spolied! How ever will we fit another baby into this????

My bday is monday so Im looking forward to that and I hope that everyonr is blessed today!:hugs:

Hey ladies,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Msk, It sounds like you did. Have a happy birhday as well.

Purple, had the LO arrived yet? Please keep us updated.

Sincre, I hope you LO is here as well.

Hi ladies. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. We had my mom and some other family over for Xmas Eve dinner and went to my cousins for Xmas day dinner. So much food which is the last thing I need right now. LOL. I've lost 15 of the 32lbs I gained with Nephian but lawd I need to lose the rest of this weight especially since my sister is getting married in June and I'm a bridesmaid. Wish me luck! LOL. Well ladies, prayers to all who are TTC, already PG and waiting to pop. Take care and bless...

Hey Kareen! That is one gorgeous baby!:cloud9:

I added more pics to my journal on page 91. Hubby got me a new camera so Im going to be picture crazy ladies!:haha:

Hi everyone! I'm happy to say that my little one is here safe and sound!! She was born on 12/25 at 11:16AM and weighs 7 lbs 1 oz, 19 3/4 inches long. Her name is Yorlee Belle. Labor was tough, but it was only 8 hours from start to finish. I was able to get by without needing stitches or tearing. I feel great, a little sore, but definitely happy to have her here.

Hi everyone! I'm happy to say that my little one is here safe and sound!! She was born on 12/25 at 11:16AM and weighs 7 lbs 1 oz, 19 3/4 inches long. Her name is Yorlee Belle. Labor was tough, but it was only 8 hours from start to finish. I was able to get by without needing stitches or tearing. I feel great, a little sore, but definitely happy to have her here.

Congrats sincerevon. I am glad your LO is here safely. :happydance::hugs:

Now we are waiting on purple to deliver if she has not already.

What a blessing! A Christmas bundle of joy! I am so happy for you and your family...

God Bless you
:hug:

Awhh this is so awesome to hear Sincerevon. I know you are happy to have your baby in your arms. Go enjoy and be blessed!:hugs:

Just a quick update! My water broke a couple hours ago! I'm in the hospital now still not having regular contractions, though. I'll keep you ladies updated!

Just a quick update! My water broke a couple hours ago! I'm in the hospital now still not having regular contractions, though. I'll keep you ladies updated!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:Keep us posted! Shouldnt be much longer now! Congrats!:happydance:

Wow! So much is going on in here. I'm missing so much.

@ MrsKC: You are adorable! Your belly is soooo cute! Time sure is flying by for you.

@Von: Congrats! Yorlee Belle is so pretty and has such bright eyes. What a beautiful Xmas day blessing.

@ purple: Not much longer now. I hope all goes well with your labour and delivery.

@ all the other ladies...I know it won't be much longer until we're wishing you happy and healthy 9 months. Keep the faith and keep God!

Much love ladies...Bless...

Hi ladies I thought I would join my the sisterhood. I have a 8yr and now trying for my second. I have been trying almost a year now.:cry: We are now in the starting stages with the fertility Dr. We are waiting for my witch to come and then we will commence more testing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->