Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Stock up on safe repellent froggyfrog and stay in the ac no camping for us this summer haha

Hi ladies, I know I've not popped in here at all before, but I've definitely been stalking everyone's story. With that being said, could you please tell me if I'm going crazy? Today is 6 days post 5 day transfer and I tried to be good and not test this morning. I ended up breaking down and got a 3.5 hour hold and this was the result. I know (if it's anything) it's super light but I can't tell if my poor husband is just going along with what I say I see or not to make me happy.

I can see it!! Retest in a couple days :)

I can definitely see a line.. but doesn't the hormones (or the progesterone things) they give you sometimes mean home pregnancy tests aren't accurate. But hey I can't blame u.. before I was all 'oh I'm not going to test early' and now I'm all hmmmm wonder when I could test and I'm only one day post transfer lol.
Oh boy I think I just need to keep thinking whatever will be will be.. I sit down on the couch heavily and think.. oh that was too hard.. I ran to get out of the rain.. ohh shouldn't run.. I had a chocolate brownie and think.. oh the sugar and the caffeine in the dark chocolate isn't good. Maybe I should just be eating more greens. I KNOW it's all silly.. but.. AHHH..

Yeah it's awful with this virus:nope: I hope no one on these boards gets that virus while pregnant:wacko:

tommy I hope you can take the trip! I've never been to California, despite having grown up and lived in the US until I was 16, and really want to see it. My parents always opted for Europe for vacations (only exceptions where a trip to Texas and North + South Carolina) so there's so much of the US I've never been to:nope::dohh: Took care of most of the East Coast 6 years ago but still missing Florida:dohh: DH and I are planning on doing a West Coast trip but that'll be in some years as 1st we have to have a baby and then the child will have to be at least 6-7 years old before we'd take such a big trip. I'd also love to go to Hawaii but not holding my breath:nope:

almost I have no advice for you as we're still doing our free tries so it's a little different, plus once they're up we have to pay 100% out of pocket. Maybe you could call them and ask what's missing? Hope you soon find out and everything's in order by the time you start.

Holly I think I see something, maybe try testing again in 2-3 days?

miranda totally understand it, but I'd say as long as you're eating healthy and not drinking alcohol (or only drinking small amounts) then you should be good to go. I remember after my 1st transfer back in November that I was peeing a lot the day of transfer due to my bladder being so full and fearing the embie would fall out:dohh: Obviously DH had a good laugh and it didn't fall out since I did have a CP. I think we get illogical with things like that, especially when TTCing for so long. I'm sure that none of what you're doing will hurt your chances of implantation:hugs::hugs:

yeah the Dr said.. pretend it's a seed in a jam sandwich.. it's not going to fall out in there!

and yeah we had no overseas holidays this year due to IVF costs. it works differently here in Oz.. the government gives you back $5,000 each time... but you're $4,800 out of pocket each cycle maybe a bit more.. and we paid $3,000 (twice) for the genetic testing.. and I think FET are $3,400 each time and you get back something like $1,500 each time from the government. Anyway, it's expensive!! As if it's not stressful enough. We're lucky we're doing ok money wise that sure it was tough.. but it wasn't a huge worry. But of course if we had to keep doing it, that would be a different story.

Miranda It was last years holiday and other things that have suffered to pay the IVF. I was sort of saving for it while we were doing treatments via the NHS but because I have DS they won't pay for anything beyond IUI. Actually I wish they had given the option of 3 IUI or 1 IVF or an allowance towards IVF does that makes sense? That system in Oz makes lots of sense.

Kat I've no plans to cancel California. If I do get pregnant then I will be taking precautions and long trousers and tops. And will be keeping an eye out for the official advice nearer the time. However there is no need to wait that long to visit Mickey, we did it when DS was 2.5. I was mad keen to go. Circumstances lead to us getting our "summer" holiday in November that year, so options to see the sun was either Tenerife or Florida, costs weren't that much different. Mickey won LOL there is lots of things to keep tots amused. I think it would have been more frustrating to go when he was 4 and just too short for some of the bigger rides.

How is everybody doing in the 2WW?

AFM I'm certainly coming round to the idea of FET, esp after my wobble if I am wrong to be chasing a baby at 41.

Hi girls!

I did post in this thread right at the beginning when it was created then I've been super busy and not had chance to get online and now there are hundreds of posts! Far too many to catch up on so I will start again.

I'm Tina, I am in the UK and currently have one DD. We are transferring our one and only frozie in about a weeks time. We did our first round of ICSI back in September. We had 8 eggs, 7 fertilised and 2 made it to day 5. The transfer process was really quite difficult due to having a tilted uterus so I kinda had a feeling from that day on that the first cycle would be unsuccessful.
4 months on and we are ready to transfer our frozen baby. I am currently testing for ovulation, I am on CD13 and getting negative clear blues so far.

Holly, I can definitely see a second very faint pink line on that test. I hope it gets darker for you in the coming days

xx

Kat I've no plans to cancel California. If I do get pregnant then I will be taking precautions and long trousers and tops. And will be keeping an eye out for the official advice nearer the time. However there is no need to wait that long to visit Mickey, we did it when DS was 2.5. I was mad keen to go. Circumstances lead to us getting our "summer" holiday in November that year, so options to see the sun was either Tenerife or Florida, costs weren't that much different. Mickey won LOL there is lots of things to keep tots amused. I think it would have been more frustrating to go when he was 4 and just too short for some of the bigger rides.

Sounds good :)

The problem is I live in Denmark so it might be much to take such a long flight to California with a 2-3 year old:wacko: Just flying to New York from Copenhagen, Denmark already takes 6-7 hours. California is an even longer trip and especially if we have any layovers, well that almost makes it worse since it'd take even longer:nope: I can't imagine travelling that long and far with a 2-3 year old. Worst case if we want to do a Disney trip before that we'll have to make do with the one in Paris since it's a shorter trip. Also if we're going to the US we're almost forced to make a short stay in Oklahoma as DH has a cousin there that we've only met once when he came her a few years ago. Plus our child won't be able to speak much English before then anyway since we'll of course concentrate on the child speaking Danish at first.

yeah the Dr said.. pretend it's a seed in a jam sandwich.. it's not going to fall out in there!

Love that image, really could've used it back in November:haha::winkwink:

tina nice you're back:flower:

Holly I def see the line! And 6DP5DT you should not be seeing the trigger anymore (assuming you had an HCG trigger). I think you have your BFP! When will you have your beta?

Tommy you should be fine in Cali, I saw a graphic on the CDC website of the habitats of the two mosquitos that cause the disease and I don't think either were seen in the major costal cities in Cali. It is a bit frightening though....we live in the south, and in the woods, with tons of critters including mosquitos. If we do an FET and it is successful I'll be staying inside most of the summer, and we'll vacation somewhere at high elevation/arid where there are no mosquitos!

How is everyone doing in the TWW? I hope we will see lots of BFPs in the next few days! And I hope all of you stimming or prepping for FETs are getting along ok with the injections/meds.

AFM I am waiting around for my update from the embryologist today to see how many we have left at day 3, then I'll be waiting around for day 5 and 6. Trying to stay busy to pass the time!

Ewwg where are you located?

Tommy I wouldn't worry too much just yet. If for some reason things get worse when you decide to come, I saw on the news that most airlines are working with people who want to cancel flights.

We were able to qualify for a program that bundles your cycles for a cheaper rate. We pay 20,000.00 for two fresh and two frozen cycles, and then added on icsi for 1500.00 and 650 to freeze extra sperm just in case. And then it was another few thousand for testing and such. Before we even started ivf, we had already spent thousands on iui. It's soooo crazy how much it costs for some of us!

Thanks for verifying I'm not completely crazy everyone! There's definitely no chance of it being a trigger shot since I didn't take one, I'm just worried since it was a super cheap test. This morning showed a line too though do maybe I'll be lucky with it. My otd is Monday morning so I can see a ton of tests in my near future to keep my brain calm. :)

Froggy we are in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We definitely have mosquitoes in the summer here! We are doing a similar shared risk plan for our current cycle, it was around $18k for up to two retrievals and however many FETs result from those cycles, until we have a baby. We still have to pay for the genetic testing and meds too. It is a lot of money but we see it as a good way to limit our tries - I figure if we still are having no luck after two retrievals and a bunch of FETs it is time to move on! It was much nicer when we had insurance coverage in NY. Almosthere, any luck with your insurance? I would think it would be handled if the claim went in the 21st....are you talking with them or does your clinic handle the submission for you?

AFM just found out we still have 10 embryos on day 3....next update will be Sunday. Hoping they keep trucking and we have a good number for biopsy! x

Holly i hope you get some nice dark lines soon! :)

Tina I also have a tilted uterus it is a bit more of a pain even with vaginal ultrasounds no fun! Good luck in your tww! Officially pupo!

Wow it sounds like a lot of woman have to pay out of pocket I wish it was covered for everyone. Even though we had instance coverage last time we still owed around 3500 I think it was and had hardly anytime to pay it maybe 3 months before it was all due. I just got a voice mail from my financial ivf woman and she said we are all set with coverage so this time around should be much cheaper if it works the first time maybe time this takes so much stress off my shoulders and now I can just call with cd1 next week finally almosthere! :)

Hope everyone is feeling well can't wait to here about more bfps soon!

We have been left out of pocket too with IVF. We spent almost 7000 on our first round of ICSI and I was under the illusion that any FETs would be included in the price but sadly not. We are paying just over another 1000 for the frozen transfer. I might end up with a baby in the end but we will have no money to clothe it haha!

EWWG, woah 10 embies at day 3 is loads!! Sounds like you'll have a good bunch for testing

Xx

10 on day 3 is great!!! I can't wait for Sunday! I'm originally from texas. We have been in atlanta for 6 months now because my dhs company is building the atlanta braves stadium, so mosquitos have definitely been just a way of life for me too!! We opted out of the pgs testing. My dr didn't think it was necessarily a must for us one of the main reasons being I'm 28. So my chances of miscarriage is 15 percent. So 85 percent it sticks. And our program considers success a live birth, so I'm not really feeling the pressure because I know I have one more fet paid for if this one doesn't take. I also have another fresh cycle and thought that maybe if I needed it my dr would work with me to just barely stimulate since I have so many frosties, so that I won't develop ohss and be able to transfer that same cycle. I know that sounds crazy, but it would be worth a shot if I needed it!

We have been left out of pocket too with IVF. We spent almost 7000 on our first round of ICSI and I was under the illusion that any FETs would be included in the price but sadly not. We are paying just over another 1000 for the frozen transfer. I might end up with a baby in the end but we will have no money to clothe it haha!

EWWG, woah 10 embies at day 3 is loads!! Sounds like you'll have a good bunch for testing

Xx
Haha! This is exactly why I have accepted every hand me down offered! We were given a crib and almost everything else we need! I have a small list of stuff that I still need to get, but for the most part I could have a baby tomorrow and be ready all from hand me downs! We won't be having a baby shower, because we had a help us have a baby shower and asked my family and friends in lieu of a baby shower gift after we are expecting, to donate the equivalent towards our ivf, we made about 2000.00.

Congrats ewwg, here's hoping those embies still look good by Day 5/6:happydance:

Wow it's all expensive isn't it?

Welcome back Tina i remember u.. Fingers crossed your FET goes well you'll be in the wait with us soon.

Ewwg that Day 3 report is so lovely! Fingers crossed for Day 5 news just like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->