Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Congrats kat!

AFM super stressed my pharmacy called saying bc of my past ivf cycle I already exceeded my lifetime max for ivf and that my progesterone will cost almost 700 instead of the 30 I was told yesterday. I am now wondering although insurance approved my ivf if they will even be covering anything maybe they missed what the pharmacy didn't.

Yay Tammer! That is a great number! Good luck for biopsy! x

Almost I ran into that with my last FET, we were out of pocket for medicines due to reaching our lifetime max. Are you on Crinone? If you can tolerate the injections, PIO is much cheaper, like $50 for a 10ml bottle, so one or two will get you through from transfer to testing day. For me, once I had a positive pregnancy test, my insurance would cover it again if indicated for pregnancy support. So you would only be out ~$50-$100, vs a few hundred for Crinone. You could maybe even switch back to Crinone or another non-injectible kind once pregnant. My estrogen support for FETs was always covered because it was considered birth control or something. Ugh, insurance is enough to drive one batty! Good luck!

Thanks for the info it's almost 700 for just my crinone and they cancelled the order at the mail in pharmacy so now my dr will have to recall it in omgsh! This is the stress we all don't need dealing with ivf so irritating.

Thanks for the info it's almost 700 for just my crinone and they cancelled the order at the mail in pharmacy so now my dr will have to recall it in omgsh! This is the stress we all don't need dealing with ivf so irritating.

Almost...that doesn't seem right that they cancelled it and say that your doc has to resend it. They should still have the script there to be filled since only the price is what changed. I work in insurance and insurance drives me crazy. Always so many loopholes and hoops to jump through. If there had to be a perk of having to pay out of pocket for IVF it would be avoiding all those hoops. Especially on something so time sensitive.

Congrats Tammerzan on the embie number :flower:

almosthere sorry you've exceeded your amount, I hope you find a solution in time:flower:

AFM was out at the local mall yesterday since a bunch of people were coming to look at the apartment (ended up buying a few CDs on sale:happydance:). Got back and thought it strange that my cat didn't come running to greet me. Then I noticed that the bathroom door was closed, opened it and she came slinking out in this scared way. Poor baby :( Am a bit pissed that either she was closed in by accident or, worse, that she was locked in there on purpose because someone that came to see the apartment e.g. doesn't like cats and then the realtor didn't let her out before locking up the apartment:growlmad: Good thing I wasn't going to be away for even more hours, otherwise she'd have been starving and not been able to get to her litter box:nope:

Your poor kitty! Id be so angry if that happened to my furkids! My dog would bark and cry if left in bathroom.by himsef lucky you werent gone for long.

Your beta is coming up soon are you getting excited?

So sorry youve exceeded your insurance almosthere :( hopefully they made a mistake

Your poor kitty! Id be so angry if that happened to my furkids! My dog would bark and cry if left in bathroom.by himsef lucky you werent gone for long.

Your beta is coming up soon are you getting excited?

I was also really ticked off. I told DH he should tell his FIL so they can complain to the realtor about it. Although my FIL is unfortunately not the complaining type, he'd more mention it in passing to her or something. To make it worse, my kitty was abused the 1st year of her life (we adopted her at age 1 about 3 months after our previous kitty died and she's now 4) so being locked in a dark bathroom and hearing lots of strange people walking around must've been super scary for her:nope: For all I know, it may have brought back traumatic memories for her :(

Don't know if excited is the right word. More like afraid of what the answer will be? I'm dreading a BFN or worse, another CP. Trying to pretty much convince myself it'll be a BFN so if it is, I have already softened the blow a bit. If it really is a BFN though, we'll only have one last free IVF attempt before we either will have to give up or pay out of pocket. DH and I always said we'd find the money and most likely go for a 4th attempt if the 3 attempts made it look promising for our chances of me getting pregnant. We'll see.

Hi all Tamm that's great news 14 embies cooking!

AFM my test today still as dark as yesterday so i presume all is well.

Kat, that's awful! I would definitely be complaining. How dare they take it into their own hands to lock your kittie in the bathroom. I'd be furious. Give him lots of cuddles and I am sure he will be fine. Good luck with your BETA, you never know, you might get a surprise!

kat_F awesome news that the test is still dark!!

AFM - 3 days to go until transfer wooohoooooo!!!

xx

Kat I'd think the kitty was locked in by accident. People viewing would most likely have looked in the bathrooms.
Fingers crossed but I can understand why you are preparing for a BFN.

Kat, that's awful! I would definitely be complaining. How dare they take it into their own hands to lock your kittie in the bathroom. I'd be furious. Give him lots of cuddles and I am sure he will be fine. Good luck with your BETA, you never know, you might get a surprise!

We'll definitely be mentioning it to my FIL so he can ask the realtor since we don't want it happening again.

Kat I'd think the kitty was locked in by accident. People viewing would most likely have looked in the bathrooms.
Fingers crossed but I can understand why you are preparing for a BFN.

As said, it's a possibility. Although it's a pretty small bathroom (the whole apartment is around 100 m2 so 1 small bathroom only) and not many places she can hide in there. Only behind the shower curtain actually.

Whoooo hoo Tina not long till transfer day for u.. And there should be others joining u in the wait too!

Kat79 - I feel the same as u. Preparing myself for a negative but trying to be positive at the same time!

ahh girls I really hope it is good news for you ladies. Have either of you Miranda or Kat taken a test yet?

xx

So excited for girls waiting to test. I'm so eager to get to my bloodwork and ultrasound next Friday can't come soon enough. I bought ovulation sticks last night just to have that bit of knowledge and control before the drs haha I am just nervous since i spot for 3 to 4 days if my cd1 really is cd1 or not. My biggest worry this cycle is the drs missing the timing :(

Congrats Kat F!

I had my injections class this morning for the menopur. I am waiting for CD1 I've been cramping since yesterday it should be here soon. Meanwhile I have my baseline b/w and ultrasound on Friday. If that goes well I start the menopur on Saturday evening.

Good luck Danser! I did menopur as well. :hugs:

AFM...got a call from the lab and 14 fertilized!! :thumbup: Hope those embies keep on a growing! Next update will be Saturday on how many made it to day 5 for biopsy.

That's a great number of embies I hope they all make it to Saturday. Still waiting for Cd 1 the cramping and bloating is awful

ahh girls I really hope it is good news for you ladies. Have either of you Miranda or Kat taken a test yet?

xx

Nope going to wait until the beta on Friday morning and just hear the result from them early afternoon. That way if it's e.g. another CP, I won't get excited about being pregnant only to be told by the nurse 1-2 days later it's a CP. I also don't want to know if it's negative before Friday anyway. Plus no sensitive HPTs here, FRERs aren't available in this country:shrug:

Danser hope af come soon for you!

Gl with your beta coming up kat!

I'm really late to the party but was hoping I could join. I'm getting ready to do my transfer on Friday. It has been a long prep for this FET but I'm hopeful that this may be it for DH and I.

I wish everyone luck in their upcoming cycles!

Hi ashknowsbest :wave:

I'm sure you're more than welcome to join:thumbup: This is a lovely group of nice, supportive ladies.

So exciting, hope your FET goes well! Happens to be the same day of my beta:winkwink: Maybe you could tell us a bit about yourself and/or your journey? If you want to of course:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->