Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Well I'd hate to bore you with all of the details of my entire journey but most of it is in my signature.

I don't mind boring you with my current situation though.

After all of the failures we had DH and I decided as a last ditch effort that we would go to CCRM in Colorado since they have great success rates (I'm not doing another IVF; I've been through enough). CCRM did a bunch of testing and found out that I didn't have a beta-3 integrin present in my uterus during the time implantation is supposed to happen. This protein is sometimes found absent in women with endo and although I don't have endo I didn't have the protein. So essentially implantation is nearly impossible. I did 2 months of depot lupron which is supposed to help with the "sticky fingers" as they like to call it. DL is hell ... basically it puts you into menopause for 2 months, hot flashes, mood swings, no/low sex drive. So glad that is behind me. We also did CCS testing because of so many failures and out of 4 embryos 2 came back normal, a 6AA and a 3AB. We will be transferring both. My doctor gave me a 85% chance of a pregnancy if we transfer 2 with a 50% chance of twins and 2% chance of triplets. And if we transfer one he gave us a 65% chance of pregnancy, with a 2% chance of twins. We are hopeful but not getting ahead of ourselves.

How did your transfer go btw? And how are you feeling about your beta? Exciting times :D

Ash welcome to the thread, my transfer is 1 day after yours! I am in on Saturday, woohoo I have a 2WW buddy!
I think you'll deffo get a positive with those embies, they sound like they are excellent quality. We only have 1 to transfer and I think it's a grade C embryo compared to our grade B embryo that was transferred last time. The doctor said that they wouldn't freeze it if they didn't think it could implant so that gives me hope!

Xx

tina - yay 2ww buddy! I have seen a lot of women have success with lower graded embyros. At the end of the day it's the genetic material that matters, not how they look on the outside. I know women who have had 5aa and 6aa come back abnormal from ccs or pgd testing so you just never know. We have to try and remain positive. Are you going to POAS? I definitely am. My official test date is February 14th and I'd like to know what to expect so that I can at least try to enjoy my valentines day if it's negative. Sorry for so many questions but do you know what's your p4 and e2 are?

Wow Ash what a story. Best of luck, and I'll be watching yours and Tina's 2ww... My son (he's 4 now) my beta was on 14 Feb so surely that is a lucky day for you too :)

Kat - It's your beta tomorrow, I am thinking of you and hope you get a good number that keeps rising... It really is a long haul to 12 weeks after the first 6 weeks of IVF hell, but I am feeling hopeful for a good number for you :)

Clearblue digi showed this morning 1-2 weeks preg at 9dp3dt surely that is a sign my numbers are increasing?

Welcome ash!

AFM still working on figuring out the whole crinone insurance mystery so far my insurance thinks it isn't covered because my process is a one step transfer only and it would only be covered if it was a two step egg retrieval and transfer such bullshit. I almost feel like my head is in anther world with this stress I was hoping having a fet would be less stressful but the damn insurance and finance always ruins the process if I can't get it resolved in time I'll just have the pay the 643 for the crinone and hope it works because we will probably be close to broke after my son's surgery next week and my fet. Keeping positive though this is totally going t work first try!

Haha Kat I know it's hard to believe but your 100 percent pregnant believe it and enjoy every moment!

Welcome Ash.. what a sucky ride you've been on too. I really hope it's Feb 14th is lucky for u.. I believe in testing early I need time to digest the information.

Oh Almost as if you need any extra stress at the moment!! Damn insurance companies. I know how u feel u think you'll be less stressed the next time but something happens and you're not. Take some deep breaths in the morning.. if u have time with a little one that is!

Tina.. exactly what Ash said about the embyos. I think the quality grading is just something they give themselves to go on. Perfectly amazing healthy babies come from embryos they wouldn't have thought 'looked good'.

So I'm 8dp5dt and I broke down and tested this morning. Actually I did yesterday but didn't confess to anyone!!! - not even my husband! I didn't believe it. Still don't. So don't get excited. I just needed to know it was killing me! I thought I needed time to digest the information because I was convinced it didn't work as I have had no symptoms. Now I'm worried it's a false positive.. I've never seen two lines.. EVER! and god knows how many of those damn little tests I've gone through. I did it in the morning with first pee of the day.. I only did a frozen transfer and on no drugs except the Pesscaries (progesterone) at night. My beta test is Monday Feb 8th. Oh and I'm not organised to name which day it was!

Attachments

• preg????.jpg
    preg????.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for all of the welcomes :D

miranda - those lines look good! I've never gotten a + hpt so I don't know for sure but you're definitely pregnant. When is your beta?

almost - insurance companies are such a huge pain in the butt. I hope everything gets sorted out.

kat_f - yay for 1 - 2 weeks pregnant! Is this your first ivf? fet?

Really? I still don't believe it. or I'm just so used to disappointment. I think when I do my beta on the 8th and the nurse tells me I'll believe it.

yey Miranda!! I love it when there's a positive outcome from a lady who has had zero symptoms, gives us all hope! Those tests definitely scream positive to me, you're preggers!! Take it all in and enjoy

Ash, I have no idea what any of my numbers are... I have always been told that my hormone levels are what they should be so I haven't ever asked in detail what the specifics are. I hope you're right about the embryo quality, I was doing a lot of googling last night and it's a scary place. Why does doctor google do nothing but give you bad news?!?! Good thing is if this FET doesn't work out we have the funds in place for 1 more fresh round.

Good luck Kat for your BETA today!!

AFM - 2 days to go, counting down the minutes now. I'll be glad when I finish work tomorrow then I can take it easy and get ready for transfer. I am secretly pooping myself haha! Ovulation happened yesterday I think, my boobs are sore this morning and the cramping has subsided so I am hoping my lining is nice and thick ready for that emby!

xx

Tina exciting not long now!

Miranda great lines :) they look like mine! I feel the same waiting until the beta and a decent number until i feel good. H&H 9 months to us and Miss Cassie yours were so dark too :)

Ash this cycle is a fresh IVF with ICSI :)

Oh my congrats miranda, H&H 9 months:flower:

ash so sorry it's been such a hard journey, FXed your FET works this time :dust:

AFM my beta is tomorrow and am not feeling very confident about things. I've pretty much convinced myself it'll be a BFN:nope: To make things worse, my DH forgot the key card to the underground parking lot we have our car in yesterday (since you can get out of the parkering lot without scanning it) and now we'll have to get a hold of someone to let us in today as I need to drive early for the beta tomorrow morning. I don't know why DH does these things right before stuff like this - he did the same thing the day before we were going in for my ER and we had to use the morning of the ER first waiting to see if someone was driving out so we could run in and when that didn't work we got lucky and found a security guard that works there that let us in. It was so stressful!

:( sorry that you're feeling negative Kat, I assume you haven't taken a test yet? Keep your spirits up, look at Miranda.. she had zero symptoms and got a lovely BFP! You never know!

xx

Nope don't want to test, I almost never do. I think during those 2 years and 3 months we've been TTCing #1, I've taken 2 HPTs and both were negative. The only reason I tested those times was I was 3-5 days late, one time it was close to DH's birthday and was hoping to give him a BFP as a present but no luck.

I can totally relate to the strains of seeing BFNs hun as we all can on this thread. I really really hope you get that positive that is much longed for. xx

Thanks tina:hugs:

I think the fact that I've been unable to get frosties is also a major concern for me, plus it means I've been missing out on extra free shots at getting pregnant. It adds a certain amount of pressure. I know DH and I agreed that if things looked promising, we could probably finance 1 IVF try but we're hoping it won't come to that:nope:

I read somewhere on here that (maybe it was post your successes here) she was finally pregnant she joked she had like post traumatic stress and it took her a long time to enjoy the pregnancy because it had been such a long hard road to get there. So we have to give ourselves some credit. Seeing BFN's knock you around so much.

I really really REALLY hope you get good news tomorrow. You deserve your BFP Kat! Oh our husband's sounds similar. That's the stress u don't need. We were staying in a gated house in Cape Town on our honeymoon my friend was away for the weekend and he's gone in the water and the whole electric key didn't work. We had an international flight the next day and all our passports were inside. Didn't know her number her phone was inside. Long story but we eventually got in after walking to a supermarket and changing the batteries. Ahhh drama.

Wow so much to catch up on again! Hehe
Welcome ash ☺ hoping that Feb 14th is lucky for you!
Huge congrats Miranda! ! Yay!! H & H 9 months to you!
Kat sorry that you're feeling discouraged. I'm feeling similar - today at 8dp5dt I've been feeling AF type cramps and AF would be due today normally so I'm finding it difficult to stay positive now. I kind of want to test out of curiosity but I like the thought of being PUPO so want to hold on to that for as long as possible. 6 more days until OTD!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->