Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Kat Congrats happy nine months!

Tina wishing you all the best.

Tammer hope you get good news tomorrow.

Goodluck everyone else!

Kat- so sorry about your mother ita jist awful when they seem so not interested. Hopefully she starts to improve and gets excited about that fact she is going to a grandmother!

Tina - hope your transfer went well :) and the tww goes quickly for you! And you get that amazing bfp at the end.

So happy for all the bfps and PUPOs in this thread. Exciting times for you all! :flower: :hugs:

AFM..today is day 5 and we got the results on our embies so far. They said they were able to biopsy one embie. But then they also said they are watching 9 as they aren't big enough to biopsy quite yet. The only thing my brain heard was the word "one" and I started crying after I hung up and told DH what they said. I know not all hope is lost but after having 14 fertilize I was expecting a bigger number to have to biopsy on day 5. Anyone else have to wait til day 6?

Ohhh hang in there. I was totally in your situation. Our second round we had to wait till day 6 to see if we could biopsy them as I think only 1 was good to biopsy at dat 5. When was your egg extraction? Was it late in the afternoon? We had a late egg extraction time so they didn't fertilise them till the afternoon hence why they were behind. And it felt really shit hearing they were behind. Because we could compare with our first cycle which wasn't behind at all. And it felt like everything behind in the second cycle meant it didn't go as well. It's totally a stressful time for u that wait is the worst. To make u feel better I think had way through day 6 they caught up and we could biopsy 4 out of the 6.

So happy for all the bfps and PUPOs in this thread. Exciting times for you all! :flower: :hugs:

AFM..today is day 5 and we got the results on our embies so far. They said they were able to biopsy one embie. But then they also said they are watching 9 as they aren't big enough to biopsy quite yet. The only thing my brain heard was the word "one" and I started crying after I hung up and told DH what they said. I know not all hope is lost but after having 14 fertilize I was expecting a bigger number to have to biopsy on day 5. Anyone else have to wait til day 6?

Ohhh hang in there. I was totally in your situation. Our second round we had to wait till day 6 to see if we could biopsy them as I think only 1 was good to biopsy at dat 5. When was your egg extraction? Was it late in the afternoon? We had a late egg extraction time so they didn't fertilise them till the afternoon hence why they were behind. And it felt really shit hearing they were behind. Because we could compare with our first cycle which wasn't behind at all. And it felt like everything behind in the second cycle meant it didn't go as well. It's totally a stressful time for u that wait is the worst. To make u feel better I think had way through day 6 they caught up and we could biopsy 4 out of the 6.

Our extraction was at 9:45 in the morning and they called today at noon. But thank you so much for sharing your experience Miranda. It definitely makes me feel better knowing someone has been in the same situation. This is our first cycle so I have nothing to go off of. Wouldn't it be nice if this stuff was a sure deal but none of it is. Waiting on phone calls is rough. And this won't be the last call hanging over our heads.

Tina I wouldn't worry too much about a little blood, the catheter sometimes can do that and it's good because it means your womb is nice and cosy.

Ok pupo ladies I read about implantation after transfer and I saw a hint that I used and hey I'm still preg so can't hurt. Keep your feet warm, apparently there are connections between your feet and uterus and you want your uterus to be nice and warm to support implantation so keep those socks on and don't let your feet get cold :)

Tammer it only takes one but I'm sure the others will come around, especially with 14 that is a good number.

Oh Tam, so sorry but not all hope is out yet! All you need is one good embie:hugs: FXed that you'll have more though!

Kat- so sorry about your mother ita jist awful when they seem so not interested. Hopefully she starts to improve and gets excited about that fact she is going to a grandmother!

Thanks Cassie but unfortunately my mother in all likelihood suffers from a personality disorder (Narcissistic Personality Disorder to be exact) so she won't be able to be excited about being a grandmother. She actually has 3 grandkids that she's met (2 more that she has never met since she's had pretty much 0 contact with my narcissistic sister; now she has no contact with any of her kids except me and I'm gone the next time she gets into one of her screaming emotional abuse moods) but I don't ever remember her being particulalrly excited about any of those 3 pregnancies, especially not the younger of my brother's since she hates his wife:nope: TBH I was expecting to get the less than stellar reaction because I know who she is. I think the only reason she had any kids was because she was expecting all of us to be at her beckon call and be mini-me's of her that do what she wants us to do. Narcissists never have kids for "normal" reasons, they have them for ill thought out, selfish reasons or by accident.

I know that I'll have my MIL to be excited about this and experience what that's like, someone excited to become a grandmother (even if it's for the 3rd time). My mother I've unfortunately learned only thinks about herself and will always prioritise her needs and her "feelings." I think at most she'll be excited about all the stuff she can knit and quilt for the baby (I admit she's very gifted with her quilting and knitting) but only for the compliments she'll get for her work, not to make me or the baby happy:nope: The best thing I can actually do is go at least very low contact with her to protect both myself and my child from her selfish and abusive behavior.

Haha thank you Kat for the advice about the socks, I'll be sure to wear 2 pairs for the entire 2WW! Xx

Tammerzann - yeah I know we had the same wait.. Wait to get the 5 day biopsy news. Wait for genetic tests results. It's all waiting. Bloody waiting! Try to think positive I know it's really hard and I nearly drove myself crazy

So funny about the socks I always thought they were good luck last time they asked if I wanted a boy or girl and I said boy (I neve read them assign the sex or anything) then I got teal socks and I wore them for my er and my ex then I had a healthy boy! Maybe they give the extra nice cozy socks for that reason at my clinic.

I have heard that about socks! I'm definitely going to wear socks through my tww! I also read that lauGhter helps too. So I have been recording ellen every day so that after transfer I'll have a ellen marathon

Today is cd1!!!!!!! I'm so so happy!

Woohoo for CD1 froggy! I am loving your plans by the way for the 2WW! I definitely think laugher and positive thoughts is the trick. A happy mummy = a happy uterus!

Xx

I wore socks for my ER and ET as well although they were grey so guess I'm having a boy if color decides or is grey even a boy color:haha: Although I did it because it can be a bit chilly in the hospital and I hate having cold feet:winkwink:

FXed for you froggy:flower:

DH and I are heading back home today. We live 15 min from the Levi stadium where the Superbowl is so I'm really hoping things aren't too crazy. Either way I'll be cuddled up on bed with my puppy hoping these embies stick.

Tina I hope the start of your tww is going good! Ive been having a lot of cramping/pinching which I haven't had in the past so I'm hoping it's good news.

Froggyfrog yay for CD1!
I also wore socks during ER and ET!! Hate having cold feet!! Lol
Ash cramping is a good sign!! I had lots of cramping for the first 3 days after transfer. They're less frequent now but I still get them. I don't mind as hopefully it's a sign that my uterus is stretching and making room for baby!! Lol x

Haha froggyfrog good idea I love Ellen I should follow in those footsteps!

I spot days before af shows so I think that would be a giveaway if it worked even before a test so nervous just thinking about the tww eeek just need my beautiful embie in first! So excited Friday can't come soon enough to start checking for ov day!

Ash cramping is a good sign!! I had lots of cramping for the first 3 days after transfer. They're less frequent now but I still get them. I don't mind as hopefully it's a sign that my uterus is stretching and making room for baby!! Lol x

Yes it definitely can be. I also had cramping and a good deal of those pinching feelings after my ET.

I'm still cramping too although they're super light/light and are on/off. They did get a tad bit worse at one point today but think it was due to dehydration since I wasn't drinking very much so drank more water and that helped so back to "normal":thumbup: FXed for us Elz that it's a good sign for us :thumbup:

Well they tried to biopsy five of the embies this morning and they were degenerative so they weren't going to be viable. So we only have our one sweet little frostie. Another week wait to find out the biopsy results. FXed that this one is the one.

Tammerzan, so sorry that only one made it to freezing. We too only had one frozie which we've just transferred and hoping is our take home baby. Hope that's the case for you guys too!

Almost, I too spot before AF and our first round of IVF I started spotting 6 days after transfer so never made it to testing day. I'm hopeful that we will get to testing day this time!

Xx

Yes here's to us making it to testing day tina!

Froggyfrog frog so excited you got af let the countdown to your transfer begin! Off to take my baby asprin enjoy your evening ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->