Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

miranda that's so sweet of your DH! Maybe I should show all this to my DH, he hasn't been attentative enough I see:haha:

tina here's hoping you get symptoms soon:flower:

Cassie you're lucky, I wish I had morning sickness but it hasn't come yet (I'm 5+0 today):nope: Sometimes makes me a bit worried about this pregnancy since I heard it's a good sign:nope: So crazy I want to be feeling sick:haha: Hopefully I'll be sick to my stomach soon though:winkwink: The only thing that's comforting is I still have those really light on/off cramps, increased appetite, some breast pain/soreness, still can't eat unhealthy stuff and feel the occasional twinge (like the embie is burrowing deeper?).

Ewwg that's great news about your embies :)

Cassie thinking of you and eat dry crackers :)

Ash congrats on your BFP may it lead on to a beautiful baby

Froggy so cute of your DH. Funny when we transferred my 6-cell I was thinking it wasn't good, it needed to be 8-cell.. DH gets on google and starts researching and comes back to me with "sometimes girl embryos are slower, maybe it's a girl" haha he knows I want a little girl... :)

AFM 2nd beta today was 373. That means my doubling time is 47 hours, nearly two days. I didn't think this was good, but the clinic nurse said it was ok.
Back to the clinic again Sunday for me for 3rd beta! I really hope it keeps going ok for me. I feel so emotionally invested already!
Pregnancy is definitely a marathon, not a sprint.

So glad to see so many BFPs in here and going through the preg journey with you all!

Cassie you're lucky, I wish I had morning sickness but it hasn't come yet (I'm 5+0 today):nope: Sometimes makes me a bit worried about this pregnancy since I heard it's a good sign:nope: So crazy I want to be feeling sick:haha: Hopefully I'll be sick to my stomach soon though:winkwink: The only thing that's comforting is I still have those really light on/off cramps, increased appetite, some breast pain/soreness, still can't eat unhealthy stuff and feel the occasional twinge (like the embie is burrowing deeper?).

Ive had it since 4dp5dt.. then it went away for about a week and just came back today.. its horrible! Not that im complaining but jeeze its not nice. :sick:

Sore boobs i have that too and mild cramping so im sure that you have nothinf to worry about. Youll get the lovely morning sickness soon! Just be prpared for it because its quite overwhelming.

Im pretty sure all thise twinges is your embies getting nice and snug. Also your uterus stretchinf making room for baby

Have you got your first scan date?

Kat forgot to say I never had morning sickness my first preg and don't feel sick this one either.

Some of us are just lucky .:)

Oh Kat sending baby dust your way to your little bean hope your numbers continue to go up.

AFM I've been told to take baby asprin once a day since cd1 and I've been having tiny stomach ache from them. Is anyone else on baby asprin? Have you gotten stomach aches. I'm thinking of calling my nurse to see if I am okay to continue the medicine I've had my stomach ache since last night to this morning. I realized after I'm supposed to take with a full glass of water and I've just had sips so that could be why.

Cassie I never vomited until second trip but I would always have saltiness and a drink by my bed so I would avoid the naseau I found it was cured by a snack everything for me haha maybe ginger ale and saltiness at work to nibble. Hope you feel better soon! Most ms goes away after first trip they say mine was worse second trip bc we flew to Brazil and it was super hot.

So I had another scan this morning 9 follicles they are all growing pretty nicely most are between 8-10mm. He said we didn't have a high number but they are growing. After 4 days of stims I'm worrying. I was really hoping to have more follicles than this. Do you think it's still possible to get at least double digits when it comes to the ER?

I do have to say although it's great to get lots of embryos I always think what do you do with the extra that you won't be using if you get 14 you probably won't have 14 kids! it makes me sad because we will be having two kids so if the first round works we have to decide what to do with our 2nd so in a way I think of it as a blessing maybe less is more! Just a rant of my conflict about what to do if I have a special one left over that we can't afford to have!

I hope you get the number you want danser!

I do have to say although it's great to get lots of embryos I always think what do you do with the extra that you won't be using if you get 14 you probably won't have 14 kids! it makes me sad because we will be having two kids so if the first round works we have to decide what to do with our 2nd so in a way I think of it as a blessing maybe less is more! Just a rant of my conflict about what to do if I have a special one left over that we can't afford to have!

I hope you get the number you want danser!

Thanks I am just worried that with the stats we were given for PGS- only 15-20% will be normal that the more eggs gives us a higher chance of a normal embryo (embryos)

I totally understand danser! Your comment only sparked a dilemma of my own in my head I hope you get enough normal healthy embies of course!

I totally understand danser! Your comment only sparked a dilemma of my own in my head I hope you get enough normal healthy embies of course!

Yay yea we certainly don't want 14 kids, but the more eggs just leads to hopefully higher odds of getting a healthy embryo! Thanks :)

Danser, sending you good luck and hope those follies continue to grow. I'll be honest with you because there's no point in lying, the odds are that you're not going to come away with 16,17,18 follicles but even if there are a large number of follicles is doesn't necessarily mean there will be tonnes of eggs.
We had 20+ follies at egg retrieval but only 8 of them had eggs that were mature. If you can get a good number of follicles that are mature enough then that's what matters most.

xx

Danser try not to worry (easier said than done I know)...we had only 6 follicles showing up at that point, and by the end we got 12, all mature. So you have time for them to catch up, and a lower number of high quality eggs is better! Also, I understand wanting a bunch of embryos for testing, but we were given those same stats for my translocation (15-20% normal) and ended up with 50%, so the translocation does not mean you are necessarily going to have those low odds. Good luck! x

Ive had it since 4dp5dt.. then it went away for about a week and just came back today.. its horrible! Not that im complaining but jeeze its not nice. :sick:

Sore boobs i have that too and mild cramping so im sure that you have nothinf to worry about. Youll get the lovely morning sickness soon! Just be prpared for it because its quite overwhelming.

Im pretty sure all thise twinges is your embies getting nice and snug. Also your uterus stretchinf making room for baby

Have you got your first scan date?

Hopefully you're right. I think it's because I read that if you have morning sickness, chances for m/c go a lot down so I guess that's part of the reason it worries me a tad I haven't gotten it yet. Still I think the worst of my worrying will first go away at the 8 week scan, providing everything looks good.

Just checked my mailbox and still no letter from the hospital:wacko: If I don't get a letter by the end of the week (absolute latest by Saturday), I'll have to try calling them and seeing what's up. I guess they're just slow? It's a public hospital:winkwink:

Kat forgot to say I never had morning sickness my first preg and don't feel sick this one either.

Some of us are just lucky .:)

Thanks Kat_F, it's just beacuse I read that m/s usually means an increased chance that it's a viable embie and the chances for m/c go down. So if that's true, then I'd want the m/s, can just as well get the full pregnancy experience:winkwink:

So I had another scan this morning 9 follicles they are all growing pretty nicely most are between 8-10mm. He said we didn't have a high number but they are growing. After 4 days of stims I'm worrying. I was really hoping to have more follicles than this. Do you think it's still possible to get at least double digits when it comes to the ER?

I'm no expert but I wouldn't think so, unless of course there are hidden follies. I've only ever had my follie count go down if anything (IVF #2 I started with 6-7 follies and ended up with 4 follies, 3 eggs total and 2 eggs that they got out easily and were good quality). Not to worry you but each follie only has at most 1 egg and not all follies will have eggs in them. Each time I had 4 follies I only had 3 eggs. FXed though that you do have a few healthy embies: all it takes is 1!

Danser try not to worry (easier said than done I know)...we had only 6 follicles showing up at that point, and by the end we got 12, all mature. So you have time for them to catch up, and a lower number of high quality eggs is better! Also, I understand wanting a bunch of embryos for testing, but we were given those same stats for my translocation (15-20% normal) and ended up with 50%, so the translocation does not mean you are necessarily going to have those low odds. Good luck! x

Thank you so much. I'm so glad your stats were higher with your translocation, gives me hope to that we won't fall into that 15-20% category.

And as far as the follie count, my doctor said they only count the larger ones at earlier scans, sometimes the small ones are hiding, or aren't easily measured, but that at retrieval they make sure to get *all* of them. So it isn't that you will magically grow more than the 9 you see, but that they might catch up/be hiding/not be counted. This happened with both my retrievals....the most recent one, I was so bummed because I thought we would only get 6 and we got 12. With my one in 2012 they were counting around 10 or 12, and we ended up with 20. At any rate, even if you did end up with 9, if they are growing well and good quality that is still a very good number! x

And as far as the follie count, my doctor said they only count the larger ones at earlier scans, sometimes the small ones are hiding, or aren't easily measured, but that at retrieval they make sure to get *all* of them. So it isn't that you will magically grow more than the 9 you see, but that they might catch up/be hiding/not be counted. This happened with both my retrievals....the most recent one, I was so bummed because I thought we would only get 6 and we got 12. With my one in 2012 they were counting around 10 or 12, and we ended up with 20. At any rate, even if you did end up with 9, if they are growing well and good quality that is still a very good number! x

Wow good to know. Thank you so much for giving your input. It really helps calm me down.

Danser at ET my Dr thought I would get 3 or 4 eggs as what the scans indicated. She collected 7. Don't loose hope x

Got this about 30 minutes ago:

https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q625/akinner/IMG_20160210_072007_zpsx8s9wtrg.jpg

I'm ecstatic. I'm 5dp5or6dt. I'm really not sure how the REIs like to time the embryos that have been biopsied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->