Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

KatO - At CCRM it's my understanding that they like to keep you on both estrogen and progesterone until 12 - 13 weeks. I've never gotten to this point so I will know more once I have my beta but I think the reasoning behind this is that the placenta isn't fully developed and functioning on it's own until late in the first trimester. Since they completely shut down our systems when we go through IVF it's hard for our bodies to do it on their own. So they wean you off slowly so that you can sustain the pregnancy until it can sustain itself. I could be totally wrong on that but that's my understanding anyway. Each clinic does it differently though and if your numbers look good (meaning your progesterone and estrogen), on their own then I think it's totally fine to be off of the meds. Hope that helped!

So maybe it's different for long protocol? I was on short protocol IVF this time and they didn't see the need for me to keep on taking progesterone (Crinone):shrug:

KatO - I didn't do an IVF this time around. This was just a FET. I'm really not sure why some clinics keep you on it and some don't but like I said, if your numbers are good I wouldn't worry about anything :D

I'm so nervous waiting to get the call from my nurse I want to make sure my numbers from my bw are normal I have an online portal so I got my info about an hour ago but it does give an explanation I would think the nurse should call to let me know what's going on and to set up another us and bw appt.

Do you have your nurses email address almost? If I have a quick question I always just email my nurse.

Tomorrow I start my estrogen patches! And 19 days until transfer! !! It's getting so close!

We have an online portal I might be able to message but I knew she was going to call eventually I'm just impatient haha. I go in for just bw on Sunday they did lh and estriodal this time they are adding progesterone testing. She said my numbers were good which is a relief not sure why no ultrasound maybe the 16 follicle was big enough in size

Froggyfrog how exciting so close to transfer! I have no idea when mine will be it's last minute knowledge due to a natural cycle it's not controlled I'm dying to find out when mine will be it must be by next Saturday the latest I would think.

Froggy not long now! Will be counting the days with you until you're PUPO.

Almost that egg sounds great 16mm coming along well. Just need those swimmers to meet up :) won't be long now.

Tina thinking of you, hope the witch has stayed away and the tests are being kind. Are you using FRER? they detect very low levels so might show in the next few days after Sunday no AF.

Kat I am feeling preg hormones too but mostly tired and sort of not caring about things so more relaxed which is unlike me I'm usually all go go go... Sorry TMI but are your boobs getting bigger?

Ash do you have a beta test?

My next Beta tomorrow, hoping for a number at least 1600 to mark that everything doubling in good time and baby ok in there. Until then it's just waiting around trying to stay awake haha. Today is the beginning of my 5th week. Apparently embie is the size of a sesame seed. That is tiny.

Good luck at your beta kat! So exciting to get confirmation that it's going up up up

kat_f - My beta is on Sunday. I emailed the nurse when I got my positive and asked her if I could go in on Saturday and she said I COULD but that she didn't recommend it. They really want to see the beta over 50 and normally they see that on day 9 past a 5dt...14DPO. I got my BFP super early so I think it would be over 50 but just to be sure I'm going to wait. Sunday can't get here fast enough.

Good luck with your beta! Is this your 2nd beta draw? Are you having any other symptoms besides being tired? I've been having a ton of cramping going on.

Ash I'm with you wanting Sunday to come I have been that morning.

Tomorrow in taking my son to monsterjam he's been obsessed with monster trucks I got Sound block earphones for hearing safety since he is so little and it's supposed to be a loud show so tomorrow will be fun and will hopefully take my mind of my get for a day.

Ash yes at 14dpo beta will be a good indication of how it's going. I had early bfp and my 1st beta was 93 but my leveles are doubling every two days so that makes sense i think.

My 3rd beta tomorrow hope it is around 1600... or more... they test me every 4 days which is great i know what's going on ml

Ash, congrats again on getting your BFP and the best of luck for your BETA!

Same for you KatF! I hope your numbers are doubling as they should be

AFM CD28 today so my period is due any time in the next 48 hours. I haven't tested again since Wednesday and I've found the willpower from somewhere not to test until I'm sure my period isn't coming. If I get to that point then I'll buy an FRER

Xx

ohh Tina... praying and hoping that damn AF stays away for good and this is your BFP news u deserve. Thinking of u!!

Froggy. transfer is soon.

Ash I think your scan is the 1st March, Kat79's is the 2nd and I'm on the 29th Feb. It's nice how we are all so close.

KatO - I didn't do an IVF this time around. This was just a FET. I'm really not sure why some clinics keep you on it and some don't but like I said, if your numbers are good I wouldn't worry about anything :D

Hmmm yeah I don't understand it either:shrug: Maybe some play it safe? I only had 1 beta though, don't even know what the exact result was and can only go by the nurse's comment "it looks really good." Think I would've felt better if I'd had 1 or 2 more betas but they don't do that I guess:shrug:

Kat I am feeling preg hormones too but mostly tired and sort of not caring about things so more relaxed which is unlike me I'm usually all go go go... Sorry TMI but are your boobs getting bigger?

To be honest I have a hard time telling since I'm a bit well endowed in that area, maybe I should ask DH:haha: I think my nipples and areolas are a bit darker than normal though.

As to embie size, according to my ticker by week 5 it should be around the size of an apple seed.

Hmmm yeah I don't understand it either:shrug: Maybe some play it safe? I only had 1 beta though, don't even know what the exact result was and can only go by the nurse's comment "it looks really good." Think I would've felt better if I'd had 1 or 2 more betas but they don't do that I guess:shrug:

To be honest I have a hard time telling since I'm a bit well endowed in that area, maybe I should ask DH:haha: I think my nipples and areolas are a bit darker than normal though.

Im exactly the same! I fairly well endowed. I think they look a little bit bigger but not sure. But they are killing me at the moment very very sore! To touch, when i walk. Take bra off just so sore.

Im exactly the same! I fairly well endowed. I think they look a little bit bigger but not sure. But they are killing me at the moment very very sore! To touch, when i walk. Take bra off just so sore.

I'm on the other hand not too happy with mine are this large though, must be my mother's genes as she always has had largish breasts and I remember my paternal grandmother was very, very flat chested:haha: On a side note I've also inherited my father's "large" thighs so seems I've really won the genetic lottery:haha: My DH also has "large" thighs so all I can say is: our poor child, especially if it's a girl:dohh:

Mine aren't that sore though and it seems the soreness comes and goes a bit but I do get these painful jabs through them once in a while and sometimes they really hurt:wacko:

My ER will be Wednesday I have one last monitoring appointment on Monday. I believe my RE counted 11 follicles this morning too!

So exciting danser good vibes comming your way!

I'm antsy to get my bloodwork done tomorrow so I can find out what the next step is I'm guessing one last bw and us maybe one monday

Getting closer now Danser :)

My 3rd beta was good 2251 so my levels are rising nicely. I'm feeling more pregnant each day and having a nanna nap during the day to cope because fatigue has set in. 12 weeks can't come quick enough!

Happy Valentine's all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->