Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Kat079 I gave never heard that about ginger, I only read that it's safe during pregnancy?????

Katf your numbers seem good to me! Yay for ultrasound!

Tina I'm glad your doing the scratch. I have heard nothing but great about it! (Besides is a little painful)

Almosthere I don't know how your not testing already lol. I'm going to be so bad in a couple of weeks! I say start tomorrow!

Afm just got back from my lining check, and all looks great! So I just keep following my protocol. I got my nurse to draw on Mr with a marker where dh needs to give my pio. So I have two big circles on my butt lol. She said she will call me next Wednesday with a time and then next Thursday is the big day!

Hi ladies,

I have been reading your posts and am so happy to see so many of you end up with happy shiny BFPs! I think this thread might be lucky and you are all so sweet and supportive of each other so I would love to join :)

My husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer just over 1 year ago, after we had been trying to conceive for several months. He is in remission and doing great, however we were diagnosed with MFI shortly after he finished his treatment. We went through several rounds of IUI with no success last year, and started on the IVF/ICSI journey in January.

I went through one cycle and had my ER last monday. They retrieved 14 mature eggs, fertilized 12, and told us it would be a freeze all cycle as I am at risk for OHSS. 10 of our embryos made it to day 5 blastocysts and they were able to freeze them all. We are feeling incredibly grateful that our cycle was such a success so far. We have a doctors appointment tomorrow to discuss our FET protocol.

Has anyone on here gone through FET? Do you have any info on how long it takes, start until transfer? There is so much info online and it is all totally confusing and contradictory. I feel so generally confused about this next step, and waiting until tomorrow for answers honestly seems unbearable - how I ever made it through a TWW is beyond me lol.

Thanks Ladies!
Jules

jules - I've had 2 fets and mine varied in length since certain protocols just take longer than others but I think a rule of thumb timeline would be about a month and a half ... for a "normal" protocol it's normally 21 days of birth control pills or 2 weeks of lupron, then you start the estrogen and that's normally about 2 weeks and then progesterone 5 days before transfer and then transfer. Hope this helps! Good luck with your upcoming transfer.

froggy - yay for a good lining check!

For the pregnant girls in here: Are any of you having trouble staying asleep past an ungodly hour in the morning? I can't seem to sleep past 6:30 since I found out I was pregnant.

So I got a call on the embryos for day 5 there weren't enough cells to do a biopsy yet. The embryos are slow growing, hopefully there will be enough growth for them to biopsy them tomorrow. So it's possible they might not make it to day 6 for biopsy. I really just want to go home and cry.

danser - all of my embryos that I had CCS tested were slow growers and day 6 embryos and I'm pregnant with either 1 or 2 of the embryos that were day 6. I know it's hard but try to stay positive. :D

:hugs: danser I'm sorry, but like ash said stay positive! I'm sure tomorrow you will get an amazing report!

danser - all of my embryos that I had CCS tested were slow growers and day 6 embryos and I'm pregnant with either 1 or 2 of the embryos that were day 6. I know it's hard but try to stay positive. :D

Thank you it does give me some hope!

Kat079 I gave never heard that about ginger, I only read that it's safe during pregnancy?????

I think it's safe in small doses but if you consume large doses every day for a longer time period, it seems to cause mc from what I've read. I've even read health professionals say not to consume too much.

Glad that your appointment went well and so eciting that the big day is soon here:happydance:

Hi ladies,

I have been reading your posts and am so happy to see so many of you end up with happy shiny BFPs! I think this thread might be lucky and you are all so sweet and supportive of each other so I would love to join :)

My husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer just over 1 year ago, after we had been trying to conceive for several months. He is in remission and doing great, however we were diagnosed with MFI shortly after he finished his treatment. We went through several rounds of IUI with no success last year, and started on the IVF/ICSI journey in January.

I went through one cycle and had my ER last monday. They retrieved 14 mature eggs, fertilized 12, and told us it would be a freeze all cycle as I am at risk for OHSS. 10 of our embryos made it to day 5 blastocysts and they were able to freeze them all. We are feeling incredibly grateful that our cycle was such a success so far. We have a doctors appointment tomorrow to discuss our FET protocol.

Has anyone on here gone through FET? Do you have any info on how long it takes, start until transfer? There is so much info online and it is all totally confusing and contradictory. I feel so generally confused about this next step, and waiting until tomorrow for answers honestly seems unbearable - how I ever made it through a TWW is beyond me lol.

Thanks Ladies!
Jules

So sorry your DH had cancer but great news he's in remission:thumbup:

Also sorry you've been through many failed IUIs, I feel you there! I went through 6 failed IUIs, all with injectables. So great that they got so many eggs and so many embies were good to freeze.

I haven't been through FET myself as I never got any embies that were good to freeze. I had 3 embies (3 eggs retrieved) at IVF #1 but the 2 they didn't put back weren't viable for freezing and 2 embies (2 eggs retrieved) at IVF #2 where the 1 top grade embie was put back (currently about 7 weeks pregnant with that embie) and the 2nd was fragmented so they had to destroy it. But there are a number of ladies that have done FET or are in the process that I'm sure can help you.

So I got a call on the embryos for day 5 there weren't enough cells to do a biopsy yet. The embryos are slow growing, hopefully there will be enough growth for them to biopsy them tomorrow. So it's possible they might not make it to day 6 for biopsy. I really just want to go home and cry.

FXed you do have some nice embies that make it to Day 6 :dust:

AFM I had to leave at around noon to pick up DH from work (it takes 1.5 hours) so we could go to the bank to get our loan in order for buying the house and then DH had a hair cut appointment. I didn't get any lunch and now that I'm starving I'm feeling sick. I guess if there's a next time we should have some crackers or something so I at least won't go with an empty stomach.

Jules sorry to hear about your husbands cancer but glad he is doing well now. My husband has mfi and we jut did a natural fet so just baby asprin and crinone. We of course used the batch from our fresh with ivf with icsi. Good luck to you! Ash idk if I'm prrlegnant yet but have had much trouble sleeping past early morning sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night and I'm having crazy dreams still 3 and counting haha.

Oh and Jules my process was just. month long since all natural cycle regarding meds

Jules, we did our ivf icsi cycle in feb and did a freeze all . We started our fet cycle in January, cd21 was Jan 28th and thats whend i staryed lupron. And I'm doing my transfer next Thursday March 3rd. I tried to Google many times what kind of time line I was going to have, and it seems that every dr and every case is different because I couldn't find any answers!

i second what Froggy said - Almost you have more will power than me not testing. I had 0 symptoms (other than stress it didn't work!!) I can't wait for u and everything crossed!

Ash - I could sleep in forever if I could. Well at least till 9/9.30! We have a school across the road so that usually wakes us up if we sleep in. At the moment we wake up about 7.45am and have been going for a walk. Actually i feel a little queasy but can do it if I have a cup of peppermint tea first. Actually I've been waking up 1 or 2 times to pee in the middle of the night - which is a pain. Trying to drink loads of water but might need to stop earlier at night. Poor husband is the worst sleeper.

Julie's - holly crap 10 frozen that's amazing!! I did a natural cycle because we had male factor and they tracked my cycle to know when I ovulated then 5 days later put the embryo in.

Danser - I really hope you've got good news tomorrow. I'm sure you do!

Kat79 - can't thank you enough I was definitely grating a lot of fresh ginger in my tea and chewing on it! No longer! Trying the apples thing tonight. I'm not too bad I just need to eat every two hours some fruit or something. My husband keeps telling me the same - you haven't bleed it's a good sign. And then he reminds me that stress is probably worse than any of the stuff I'm worrying about. Which is probably true. We've been doing this Headspace app (like a meditation thing) It sounds all very hippy but I find it quiet nice to listen too and helps my mind not worry.

Froggy - nearly pupo I can't wait for u!!

Oh man I caved bahahahaa I really wanted to wait until tomorrow it was a bfn I know it's early though so still feel like I have a chance.

Crinone question I use the vaginal cream and I asked my nurse she said it's okay to clean out TMI alert clumps but I was wondering should I not be cleaning near cervix I don't sweep near rite but I can just manage to touch the tip it's soft high but open still. I don't want to cause a misscaraige by accident by irritating my cervix but no idea how deep to clean I've done this just. couple times since after transfer in the shower.

Almost i was told not to clean out the crinone it should build up because it slowly releases progesterone and if you clean it out the progesterone goes too. It is disgusting stuff but it's essential to hold that bean in there and keep af away x

Jules, welcome to the thread, this is certainly a lucky thread and the girls are all amazing support.

I have just finished a FET cycle though mine was a natural cycle so it was literally over within a few weeks. 10 blastocysts is amazing!!! I should think you will definitely have your take home baby amongst those.

Danser, I am thinking of you and hope those embies have grown some more today!

AFM - Have my follow up appointment this morning, definitely want to do the scratch though it is going to cost a further £200. Hoping we can go ahead with it in a couple of weeks time.

xx

Oh man I caved bahahahaa I really wanted to wait until tomorrow it was a bfn I know it's early though so still feel like I have a chance.

Crinone question I use the vaginal cream and I asked my nurse she said it's okay to clean out TMI alert clumps but I was wondering should I not be cleaning near cervix I don't sweep near rite but I can just manage to touch the tip it's soft high but open still. I don't want to cause a misscaraige by accident by irritating my cervix but no idea how deep to clean I've done this just. couple times since after transfer in the shower.

Crinone will come out by itself, i hate the stuff been on it since the 15th jan lol

Some days youll probably see a clump come out when you wipe.. which is so gross when you're already feeling sick haha

So strange because when I was taking Crinone I was told by my RE to do a clean out every 3-4 days:shrug: She told me to do it right before inserting the dose for that morning. When I did my clean outs, I'd also get all the gel that was clumped along the outer side of the cervix since that's where it collects most. Definitely don't stick your finger in the cervix opening but it's certainly ok to take what's collected around the outer edge if you get what I mean.

miranda no problem:flower: Your DH is probably right, I try to remind myself that as long as there's no red bleeding and/or really bad cramping that things are most likely fine in there but it can be hard! Especially since I'm experiencing round ligament pain:wacko: But I think I'm gradually finding out that these pains are normal and none of it indicate impending mc or it'd have happened by now.

ash I think I do experience days like that although they seem to mostly happen if I've had a little nap during the day. But even when I haven't had a nap I do still get up earlier than normal.

Tested this am on a dollar store cheapie bfn done testing until 12dpo I think

Still early almost got everything crossed for you.

Kat0 maybe things have changed with crinone... it was 5 years ago i told my doctor i was cleaning out the crinone and he told me not to!! Anyway, i think if it's meant to happen it will happen right?

Tina lovely to hear your next plan of action and sounds very promising x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->