Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

So sorry danser:hugs: Maybe ask him about success rates like almost mentioned. I don't know much about genetic testing of embies so sorry if this is a stupid question but do they have to be 5-6 day embies? Try and do something nice for yourself.

Kat - Thanks for your advice :) I have never done a 2 day transfer, both of my transfers were day 5 blastos so it could be something to mention.

AFM - I spoke to my OH when he got home from work last night and he really isn't comfortable with transferring 2 embryos. I have to respect his wishes too and it should always be a joint decision. His worry is that if we did end up with twins that I would have to quit my job and it'd be too much pressure on us financially. I think we are going to stick with the one, at least my consultant will be happy.

No problem. My clinic at the hospital does it because they believe it's best to get the embie back in the mother's body as soon as possible. They have higher success rates with it as well.

I also don't think putting 2 back in raises your chances much. I think another member once said something about it only increases by about 5%. And if my RE is to be believed, it can actually decrease your chances.

Almost.. it's still early days.. People develop the HCG at different rate.. hang in there I still have everything crossed for u.

Ok I figured out sucking on just a bit on lemons (just a small slice) and I had some lemon juice this morning has really helped me with nausea today

If your stuggling with morning sickness your gp or fertility specalist can prescribe you Zofran its a life saver :) ibe had to get it and its a desolvable tablet that you stick under your tounge. It takes the edge off and makes you fell a tone better

Almost!!!BFP!!! Congratulations xx 12dpo is a good time for bfp now on to the beta!

Tina glad it is all happening for you and it would be hard to decide one or two.. especially depending on quality..

Danser so sorry about your embies..

Jules all the best for your journey x

No bfp for me yet soft cervix still a bit high a bit open but very soft going to keep testing until I know it's not just evap

So sorry danser:hugs: Maybe ask him about success rates like almost mentioned. I don't know much about genetic testing of embies so sorry if this is a stupid question but do they have to be 5-6 day embies? Try and do something nice for yourself.

Kat - Thanks for your advice :) I have never done a 2 day transfer, both of my transfers were day 5 blastos so it could be something to mention.

AFM - I spoke to my OH when he got home from work last night and he really isn't comfortable with transferring 2 embryos. I have to respect his wishes too and it should always be a joint decision. His worry is that if we did end up with twins that I would have to quit my job and it'd be too much pressure on us financially. I think we are going to stick with the one, at least my consultant will be happy.

No problem. My clinic at the hospital does it because they believe it's best to get the embie back in the mother's body as soon as possible. They have higher success rates with it as well.

I also don't think putting 2 back in raises your chances much. I think another member once said something about it only increases by about 5%. And if my RE is to be believed, it can actually decrease your chances.

To biopsy for PGS my RE wants them at the blast stage

Almost I would love to obsess over your tests, you should post them!!!!

So I had a long talk with my RE, I'm still getting a second opinion. I guess my concern is we didn't see much success and even after speaking with my RE we are not changing my protocol too much. It makes me a bit nervous that this too will be a failure because we are just staying with menopur and not adding any additional FSH into the mix. His rationale makes sense but I am also on another message board who are more critical of my RE's protocol. IF sucks so badly.

I was able to move my scan up 1 day! I convinced my nurse to check my HCG levels for peace of mind (I've been having a hard time being positive) and they're 18,881 so she let me move my u/s up. She said she was confident that we would see/hear what they need to on Wednesday. I'm so happy! :happydance: I know it's only 1 day but I really needed this. Not to mention I'm so happy that my 24dpo beta was 18,881.

Omg I think I got my bfp! I thought I was crazy this am w a frer but tested tonight and after a few minutes a faint pink line on a new choice test which worked for me last pregnancy darker than this am omgsh I'm really shocked

I'm so super happy for you ash! That baby (ies) is sticky! !!!

ill have to wait until dh can help i have no idea how to use his computer and my cellphone images are too big to load for some reason im taking another test when i can pee again :haha:

Yup another faint pink on two other tests one is a frer and that's w a second urine sample if I wait I bet it will be darker tonight I have one cheapie left

Ash yay for a sticky bean!

oh Almost i'm so happy for u!!!!!!!!!! come on sticky little embie nice work

Ash.. I'm so jealous you could move it forward. My clinic only did one beta test. My first scan is Monday 29th Feb.

Cassie.. oh thanks I'll check it out. My stomach churns at the thought of my normal green salad I have for lunch- I've had to change!

Thanks does anyone know about restrictions? I'm an infant toddler teacher and I have to take heavy wooden chairs of a low toddler table I've been cautious all week but wonder if it's even safe I also have to get babies from cribs and pull a double stroller I'm wondering if this is not safe I've hate to have something happen to this embie. It's so weird because he or she is my son's twin technically!

almost - my doctor told me not to lift anything over 10 lbs for a while. That being said, my doctor tends to lean on the side of caution (ex: 2 days strict bed rest after transfer, no sex until 13 weeks) but that's just his recommendation. Take it or leave it. I'm happy you got a positive though and can't wait to see the test! I'm such a POAS-aholic.

miranda - the 29th is not far away now! How far along are you?

Mine did not even mention bedrest just taking it easy at home for a day but they did mention trying not to lift but knew I had a toddler my work knew when I got pregnant right away so I might tell them so I don't risk my baby at all.

All my Dr said after transfer was don't smoke!! I said is that it and she goes yep! I know other Dr's are a bit more cautious with the not getting too hot or exercising too hard in the wait till your first beta. Mine didn't care but I was careful anyway.

I'll be 7 weeks on the 29th. Come on Monday. Come on..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->