Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

It's still early almost so FXed :dust:

Kat_F yeah that could be:shrug: I'd think not cleaning it out once in a while though would lead to a massive build up and maybe even making it harder for the body to absorb it? I don't think the gel keeps on releasing progesterone, each dose must run out of progesterone at one point and then it's a waste to have it up there, potentially blocking for each new dose to be absorbed.

So no word yet from the lab this morning, usually when there are normal and good updates I get a call before 9am and it's 9:20 here now. So I am expecting not good news today on my two embryos.

Danser crossing my fingers for you!

Girls, looking for some advice. Had my follow up this morning after my failed cycle and great news, we are starting a fresh cycle in about 3 weeks time! I'll be doing a short protocol again as he said that it worked well the first time around but this time he will increase the merional to 3 ampules rather than 2 in the hope that we get more mature eggs. One thing that did concern me though is he said he is only comfortable transferring 1 embryo.
I've had 2 failed cycles, both with single embryo transfers and I feel that the right thing to do this time is to transfer 2. He says that I'm young (28) and could end up with twins which I said I'd be happy with but he insists that they could end up with birth defects and premature labour and there's too many problems involved.

Surely this should be my choice? I can't even get 1 embryo to implant let alone 2! And we are paying a fortune every time we transfer so I want to do it to save money too.

Were any of you ladies advised not to transfer 2?

Xx

tina - I would definitely push for two given your history. Also, (no offense to you) but I think the fact that your doctor doesn't even know what quality embryos you're going to have and is already saying "No, you can only transfer one" is just ridiculous. If you were to get lower graded embryos (which I really hope is not the case) are less likely to implant so why not try two ... that's just my take on it. I would push for what you want especially since you're the one spending the money and every failure is just more money you have to fork out.

I agree with ash, I would put it to him that you are the customer here, and your paying for his service, and you could find someone else who will go with your wishes

Thanks for the info ladies! I had my doctor's appointment this morning and she said we could get going as soon as I start my period (which is hopefully any day). We are doing 10 - 14 days estrogen patches, then 10 days of progesterone, then transfer - so just about 3 weeks from today :) I am beyond excited. I was so lost in my own excited thoughts that I ran a red light leaving my appointment! Oooooops, need to work on that.

Ash, Miranda, MissCassie KatO79, & KatF (and anyone else I missed) - so excited you are all expecting! That's so wonderful! I'm sure I will have lots of questions for you all when my time comes :)

Froggy, good luck with your transfer, that is so ridiculously soon!

Almost there when is your beta? Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Danser good luck with your embryos. It's honestly so crazy how little control we have of this process and what the result ends up being. Such a ride.

Tina, so sorry your doctor is being such an a$$. I haven't been in that situation per say, but my understanding is always that it's up to the patient to determine how many embryos to transfer up to a max of 2 (in Canada anyway).

Thanks ladies I got my bfp at 12dpo so I'm keeping my head in the game!
Tina gl with your appt!

Girls, looking for some advice. Had my follow up this morning after my failed cycle and great news, we are starting a fresh cycle in about 3 weeks time! I'll be doing a short protocol again as he said that it worked well the first time around but this time he will increase the merional to 3 ampules rather than 2 in the hope that we get more mature eggs. One thing that did concern me though is he said he is only comfortable transferring 1 embryo.
I've had 2 failed cycles, both with single embryo transfers and I feel that the right thing to do this time is to transfer 2. He says that I'm young (28) and could end up with twins which I said I'd be happy with but he insists that they could end up with birth defects and premature labour and there's too many problems involved.

Surely this should be my choice? I can't even get 1 embryo to implant let alone 2! And we are paying a fortune every time we transfer so I want to do it to save money too.

Were any of you ladies advised not to transfer 2?

Xx

I was. My RE said that they never put 2 back in for 2 reasons. The first was the risk of conceiving twins which they believe is a risky pregnancy since most twins are born earlier than singletons and often have health issues, at least at first. The second was that she said if they put 1 good quality embie and 1 lesser quality embie back in, the one of worse quality can affect the chances of the good one implanting and you risk none implanting. Instead they aim for putting the best quality embie back in at Day 2 to increase odds of implantation. So maybe try for a 3 day embie (if you haven't already) since I know a 2 day is unusual?

Tina I personally would try two I understand both sides twins naturally conceived or not pose risks it should be your choice.

None of my embryos made it to biopsy today, I'm so incredibly upset. I am already set to do another ER in March with stims starting around March 12th. RE is changing up my protocol a bit to twice a day injections of menopur at a slightly higher dose. I just don't feel like that is going to make any difference at all and feel so hopeless.

Danser Did your dr mention success rates with you with the new protocol? So sorry to hear of your news.

Sorry to hear that Danser :hugs: I have everything crossed for you that your next cycle will be successful. X

danser - I'm so sorry to hear this. I know nothing I can say will make you feel better so here's a hug :hugs: and I really hope your cycle is March gives you a much better outcome.

Danser I am so sorry. That's honestly so unfair and heartbreaking. Try to do some nice things for yourself while you wait for the next cycle to start. xo

Oh no danser, that's horrible :hugs: are you having to pay out of pocket again?

Danser, sending you the biggest hugs sweetheart. I am starting stims in March too around the same time you should be, we can be stimming buddies :)

Kat - Thanks for your advice :) I have never done a 2 day transfer, both of my transfers were day 5 blastos so it could be something to mention.

AFM - I spoke to my OH when he got home from work last night and he really isn't comfortable with transferring 2 embryos. I have to respect his wishes too and it should always be a joint decision. His worry is that if we did end up with twins that I would have to quit my job and it'd be too much pressure on us financially. I think we are going to stick with the one, at least my consultant will be happy.

Almost, any more symptoms hun?

xx

Almost.. it's still early days.. People develop the HCG at different rate.. hang in there I still have everything crossed for u.

Ok I figured out sucking on just a bit on lemons (just a small slice) and I had some lemon juice this morning has really helped me with nausea today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->