Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Congrats almost!!! :hugs: See, it was a sign that we were reunited on this thread!! I'm so happy for you :happydance: x

Congrats almost, I hope those tests start to become darker!!

xx

Congrats almost H&H 9 months:happydance: As for lifting here's some advice I found from a physiotherapist:
It's best not to carry heavy objects when you're pregnant, as it may cause you to strain your back and pelvis. It could also lead to problems with leaking wee, and even increase the risk of your uterus slipping into your vagina (prolapse).

Hormone changes that happen in pregnancy loosen the tough tissues (ligaments) in your joints and pelvic floor, making them more vulnerable to stress. Doing heavy lifting may significantly weaken your pelvic floor. As well as leaking wee, you may notice a dragging sensation in the area.

If you lift more than 11kg (24lb) more than 10 times a day, you are more likely to develop pelvic girdle pain. If your job involves lots of lifting heavy objects or people, ask your employer to do a risk assessment at work as soon as you find out that you are pregnant.

If you regularly lift heavy loads in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, particularly if it's from the waist, it may increase your risk of miscarriage. Though this is less of a risk after 22 weeks of pregnancy, regular heavy lifting is still best avoided.

As your stomach expands, your centre of gravity shifts forward. This makes you more likely to be clumsier and lose your balance while lifting. As your pregnancy progresses, it's also harder to carry objects close to your body, as your bump gets in the way. If you carry something with your arms relatively outstretched, this puts a greater strain on your back.

If you really do have to lift or carry anything, hold it close to your body. Bend your knees, rather than your back, and try not to twist as you lift. Don't lift things overhead, and in your third trimester in particular, try to avoid lifting things from the floor.

Tighten your pelvic floor and gently pull your belly button in and up while you are lifting. Try to breathe normally. If you have to hold your breath to lift something, it's definitely too heavy for you.

If you have a toddler, see if he can climb on to a chair or sofa before you pick him up. Encourage older children to climb into their car seats themselves.

If you're shopping, carry a bag in each hand. Or use a rucksack, as this will help your back muscles to work better. If a load is a struggle to lift, leave it, and ask someone to help you.

You should definitely avoid lifting heavy objects in the following ways, as it increases your risk of injury:
with one hand
for more than eight hours in a row
while sitting or kneeling
in a small space, where you can’t move properly
something, or someone, that is unstable
while you are pushing or pulling something
using a wheelbarrow or shovel
wearing slippery shoes
over your head

ash so glad that it looks like your embie(s) is/are sticky! I wish they'd given me another beta test, might help ease my worry.

miranda yeah we're in the same boat - I only got the one beta as well and my scan is first on March 2nd:wacko: Needless to say that day can't come fast enough.

Almost propper congrats in order! Sorry about the earlier one i must have read your post wrong about bfp but now you have the real deal so that's awesome :) yay

Afm the rollercoaster continues ultrasound today showed bean small about 5 weeks size (i am 6 wks 4 days) and heartbeat slow at 96 bpm (dr said it should be 120+).
But then my blood results showed my hcg picking up and the doctor is happy with that! So I'm back for another scan next week 3 march to see if the little bean is getting stronger and heart faster.

Afm the rollercoaster continues ultrasound today showed bean small about 5 weeks size (i am 6 wks 4 days) and heartbeat slow at 96 bpm (dr said it should be 120+).
But then my blood results showed my hcg picking up and the doctor is happy with that! So I'm back for another scan next week 3 march to see if the little bean is getting stronger and heart faster.

FXed for you Kat_F, I hope things look fine at the next scan:flower:

AFM DH is going to ask his boss if he can take ½ a day off so he can come to the scan with me on March 2nd, here's hoping he can. This weekend a friend of ours is coming over so we're going to end up telling her about the BFP since she knew a bit about I was doing IVF #2. She just hasn't asked how my beta went, she's pretty wrapped up with her boyfriend I think who's living with her so it's probably slipped her mind but I'm 100% sure she'll ask when she comes:wacko:

So seems as I've started to loose my appetite:wacko: Nothing sounds good, I barely ate anything today although the fact that DH served me a huge portion of soup with salmon and noodles for dinner didn't help:nope: I think the only meal I managed to eat ok was breakfast which was a bowl of All-Bran. Plus I was feeling nausea this afternoon so ate almost nothing for lunch.

Katf glad your hcg is rising so exciting!

Kat I feel full fast more than normal small frequent meals are better in pregnancy maybe for this reason and heartburn.oh

Thanks for all the help with heavy lifting my nurse called me back just said to split work with Co workers so I'm not doing it all its okay to lift 30bls as long as I've been doing it all along I think it's more of a concern with fresh ivf cycle and twisting of the ovary or if you do more activity than normal.

So seems as I've started to loose my appetite:wacko: Nothing sounds good, I barely ate anything today although the fact that DH served me a huge portion of soup with salmon and noodles for dinner didn't help:nope: I think the only meal I managed to eat ok was breakfast which was a bowl of All-Bran. Plus I was feeling nausea this afternoon so ate almost nothing for lunch.

I've found the same Kat. I was reading somewhere helps if you don't have massive meals. I've found I've been gravitating towards fruit and the sweetness from that. We're lucky it's summer here on oz and heaps of fresh fruit around. Having lemon juice with water has really helped me - sucking on slices of lemon - and green apples in little bits. I can't sit down to my massive salads anymore - I think I had some veggies the other night (didn't feel like them but ehhh ate them anyway) ad squeezed some Lemon juice on top.

Kat - and I read somewhere fatty and spicy foods aren't so good for nausea as well.

Does anyone else have ibs? I didn't have it with my first pregnancy but after I had gotten ibs hoping it won't be too horrible mixed with pregnancy

Kat I feel full fast more than normal small frequent meals are better in pregnancy maybe for this reason and heartburn.oh

Thanks for all the help with heavy lifting my nurse called me back just said to split work with Co workers so I'm not doing it all its okay to lift 30bls as long as I've been doing it all along I think it's more of a concern with fresh ivf cycle and twisting of the ovary or if you do more activity than normal.

Yeah that's what I've read. It's just strange because I was eating pretty well until yesterday:wacko:

Glad to hear your nurse could give you more specifics. Although I've heard you do need to be careful when lifting while pregnant as you can mc if you lift something e.g. too heavy. I've been sticking with under 10 kgs since I'm not used to heavy lifting normally.

I've found the same Kat. I was reading somewhere helps if you don't have massive meals. I've found I've been gravitating towards fruit and the sweetness from that. We're lucky it's summer here on oz and heaps of fresh fruit around. Having lemon juice with water has really helped me - sucking on slices of lemon - and green apples in little bits. I can't sit down to my massive salads anymore - I think I had some veggies the other night (didn't feel like them but ehhh ate them anyway) ad squeezed some Lemon juice on top.

Yep told DH he can't give me huge portions anymore so think that won't happen again. It just started yesterday so don't think he totally understood. We'll be going shopping for groceries tonight (uggh something else I haven't been able to stomach for a while now, something about seeing all that food I think) so will need to remember to buy lemons which shouldn't be a problem and green apples if we can find them (depends on which supermarket we go to this time).

So I had a scare already last night think it's related to either my ibs or constiptation from pregnancy I had painful diahreah like cramps I dont get bad cramps like this before af so I thought I had food poisoning from a salad I had for lunch but no diahreah just backed up and slowly having little hard stools time to get some prunes haha

Almost it's probably your uterus stretching and adjusting to your bean!
We've got a blueberry on board!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
3 more days until my scan - getting excited but also nervous. I'm just hoping that everything will look OK! How is everyone? Hope you all have a great weekend x

I ended up having a little bit of TMI alert diarrhea I think it was ibs I think I was just super constipated from pregnancy and ibs. I'm feeling lots going on down there today cramping and all af as not here as it normally would be today or tomorrow so expecting extra cramps the next couple of days. Dh is at work and I have to take my son to a birthday today hope it won't be be too hectic.

Almost it's probably your uterus stretching and adjusting to your bean!
We've got a blueberry on board!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
3 more days until my scan - getting excited but also nervous. I'm just hoping that everything will look OK! How is everyone? Hope you all have a great weekend x

Yep blueberry here as well:winkwink:

My scan is on Wednesday and feeling nervous and excited as well! Here's hoping both our scans look really good:flower:

AFM my weekend isn't so exciting. DH and I went out to look at tiles today for the bathroom floor in the new house since we have to change the floor out due to damaged tiles (the owner didn't buy any extras back then). Haven't bought any yet but we're getting closer to what we want and they'll definitely be light ones since the walls have white tiles. Tomorrow we may visit my toxic mother for a couple of hours and then my childish friend will come by our place. She doesn't know we got our BFP yet as she never asked how my beta went on the 5th so will be telling her tomorrow. Would've preferred it being after our scan but oh well:shrug:

I had my first bout of nausea this morning after having an egg sandwich. I had to kick DH out of the bathroom I felt so sick! It was only for a minute or so. I've heard nausea tends to kick in around 6 weeks and I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. Right on schedule.

I have my u/s on Wednesday and I cannot wait but I am super nervous that we may not find anything in there! I know it's ridiculous given my numbers but I'm still freaking out. DH and I are finishing packing today, we move Monday.

elz & katO - yay for blueberries! Good luck at your scans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->