Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Froggy i think the time goes slowly if you're working or not working!! But we're here. I really really hope it works out for u. Well that works well you'll be able to take it a bit easy after transfer and watch some funny movies.. Apparently it helps. I took it easy too for a few days..

We go and get the first ultrasound in a few hours. So nervous!! That 3 weeks till we found out has been really long.

I feel like the busier you are the faster the time will go by.

Does anyone know when intercourse is okay again? I was told no sex after transfer and I think even until beta so curious alia any of you got the go after first beta although I might wait til I'm done w crinone yick.

Almost, I feel the busier the better also, but we moved here right before we started treatments. And dh wanted me to stay home, and I didn't think it would be good to start a job and have to start asking to come in late and have says off. I also don't have any friends here :( so it gets pretty lonely.

My dr said no orgasm until first ultrasound.

Okay good to know I'm dying over here and dh keeps bugging me haha I told him I might not dtd until 2nd tri :haha:

Good to know, I was told day you can have sex the day after transfer but I have been doing a lot of reading and I am going to wait until I see the Dr again.

Tonight I have been really, crazy, emotional. Upper back hurts and there was some brown tinge to my discharge (tmi). Hubby is staying positive. Tomorrow will be 4dpt so I might test....so anxious. I forgot how obsessive this 2ww was....

My Dr said nothing about not having sex - only of course not to do it before FET. But after was fine. We just did other stuff mainly because with the hormones and those bloody pesscaries things it was really dry down there.

Froggy ah I'm sure this transfer will be successful and then you'll meet lots of new Mum's when you have your baby. I'm sure there's a mother's group in your area.

AFM we got a heartbeat.. I nearly cried.. everything looks normal so I'm happy - but it still hasn't sunk in. We've been given 3 different brochures on different tests you can have so bit confused. But I'll ask my GP.

Oh and Ash.. she asked if I had any bleeding.. and she said sometimes when it implants it causes the uterus to have a little haemorrhage (almost like a bruise) so sometimes this is what is bleeding. It's common.. When she said it I thought...ahh I'll have to tell Ash.

almost my RE hasn't said anything but I think DTD is ok as in the pamphlet she gave us there were no restrictions regarding it. But DH and I have decided to wait until I've hit my 2nd trimester, just to be on the safe side. Not that he's much in the DTD mood these last few months anyway since the commute to his job is so long and he's so tired :nope: I'm sure things will get better when we move since we'll be much closer to his job (so it'll take him max 30 minutes each way instead of 1.5 hours) and which fits closer into our plans to start DTD again when I'm in 2nd tri.

AFM we got a heartbeat.. I nearly cried.. everything looks normal so I'm happy - but it still hasn't sunk in. We've been given 3 different brochures on different tests you can have so bit confused. But I'll ask my GP.

So happy for you miranda, here's hoping the rest of us coming up for scans have such good ones as well:happydance: I'm still super nervous about Wednesday:wacko:

AFM my childish friend came by yesterday and ended up being annoying. She was happy for us that we got our BFP but then started asking all these questions like what to eat when you're TTC, can you color your hair and why it would potentially be bad, why is caffeine bad while pregnant and TTCing, why is folic acid important, do you need a prescription to be able to buy folic acid and on and on. We were watching a movie so she kept on interrupting with all these questions and I was getting really annoyed in the end (my extra hormones aren't helping either):growlmad: I don't know why she's asking because she's not planning on TTCing until 2-3 years from now (she's 3 years younger than me) since she's taking an education and hasn't been with her 10-11 years younger boyfriend very long yet (they moved in together about 5-6 months ago after having dated for only 3 months or so:wacko:). I can just see how she's going to end calling me constantly once she starts TTCing, asking me 100 questions each time and never mind when she does get pregnant, it'll be her calling me every time she feels a twinge, even if it's midnight :wacko: It's not like I don't want to answer questions and help her, it's just she has this childish, helpless way of asking things and behaving when she does and it annoys me.

As for dtd my fs said we are not allowed to until i reach 8.5 which is this thursday.
I havent been able to since before my transfer so its been 6 weeks and no dtd haha my poor partner.
But im on crinone and have been for 6 weeks so the thought of dtd while using crinone is gross :sick:

So glad your scan went well Miranda :) its absolutely amazing seeing and hearing the heartbeat best sound in the world! Should post a pic of your bean.

Ah Kat79 I know exactly the type of person she is! they're really annoying. it's like google stuff u silly thing. A friend of mine (who lives interstate) thank god.. she asks all these questions too.. and she's trying to lose weight and drinking 2 litres of full fat milk a day. YUK! and I tried to suggest that probably doesn't help. I went travelling with her (when i lived in London) and every question was where's an ATM, where do you think the toilets are? Umm I know as much as you do dude I just got here.. You might have to gently suggest she looks up a website for those questions or a book for all those silly questions! And talking during a movie.. AHHHH that's my pet peeve!

Weird my Dr didn't give us any DTD instructions.

I really honestly hope everyone on here gets good news on their scans, and those about to do FET's get their BFP's soon.. and Tina and Danser doing new protocols get good news too.

Ash so sorry to hear that you've had a bleed, as scary as it can be it doesn't always mean bad news. Any news this morning? Sending you so much good luck and hugs

Froggy, eeeek you're so close to transfer now!

Miranda, amazing news from your scan :) :)

Our doctor also didn't mention anything about refraining from sex he said we could start again straight after transfer but I decided not to because of my crazy paranoia!

xx

Ah Kat79 I know exactly the type of person she is! they're really annoying. it's like google stuff u silly thing. A friend of mine (who lives interstate) thank god.. she asks all these questions too.. and she's trying to lose weight and drinking 2 litres of full fat milk a day. YUK! and I tried to suggest that probably doesn't help. I went travelling with her (when i lived in London) and every question was where's an ATM, where do you think the toilets are? Umm I know as much as you do dude I just got here.. You might have to gently suggest she looks up a website for those questions or a book for all those silly questions! And talking during a movie.. AHHHH that's my pet peeve!

So you know what I mean:winkwink: Exactly but she would probably be all like "Oh but I'm so bad at Googling, can't you help me Google?" in this baby voice:dohh: She's just so completely helpless with everything, she even hoodwinked DH in to practically writing job applications for her by acting like that (although she only applied for a few months before deciding to take a 2nd education although I seriously doubt anyone will hire her when she acts the way she does). I think even with a book, she'd find a way to plague me with annoying questions :nope: Yeah it annoyed me extra she was doing the vast majority of it during the movie, I was tempted at one point to tell her to shut the f*** up so we could hear the movie:trouble: I was hoping it was going to be a more fun visit but she found a way to annoy me like crazy and even just a few days before my scan.

I know this sounds super horrible but I'm hoping she can't have kids and won't be able to afford adoption:nope: I don't think that with her huge self-esteem issues (her previous boyfriend was emotionally and physically abusive and she didn't want to leave him because he was "the love of her life", he ending up leaving her:wacko:) that she'd be a good mother and she'd probably also involve her kids from a very young age in her personal and emotional issues as well. I unfortunately think she has very little understanding for the responsibility and selflessness required to raise children. Her kids would end up with severe emotional and mental issues being with her.

Miranda amazing news!

Shelby sounds like implantation bleeding to me right on time I a implanted at 9dpo test at 12dpo I bet you'll see a bfp!

Thanks for all the dtd advice I think I want to wait at least 8 weeks to be safe but a whole tri would be great it's torture but so worth it. We did not do the dead even a few days before transfer wasn't feeling it with the crinone and all

Our clinic told us that dtd was completely safe as long as you weren't prone to bleeding afterwards, but I've told DH that I want to wait until at least the first scan before doing anything! Bless him, he's getting desperate!! 😂😂

I haven't gotten my blood work results back but the ultrasound showed two healthy babies with beating hearts. We couldn't hear the heartbeats but we did see the flicker and the doctor manually counted the beats and was getting approximately 2 per second so that's good. :) I am so relieved and taking it easy for the rest of the day and letting my hubby and the movers deal with the move.

Oh ash what a relief! I was refreshing the page all day waiting for your update! And congrats on the twins!!!! How special! !!

Ash how exciting congrats times 2!

AFM had my beta today and hcg is at 314.5 I think they said so excited feels more official now! I have anther beta next Monday and the Monday after that then I was supposed to have a ultrasound and bw but I'm going to be taking my son to a indoor Waterpark so I won't be going on any water slides haha dh will I'll bring a book anyway pushed the us two days late because of that.

I was relieved to jump back on here and read good news. Ash I'm so happy it's all ok. I hoped it would be.

Almost - whoop whoopp!!! Good to get that beta to confirm!! Congrats!! Happy and a healthy 9 months (well 8 months because you're already a month along)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->