Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Kat_F so sorry to hear that honey. Thinking of you :hugs: x

Sending you the biggest hugs Kat_F, so sorry for your sad news

xx

So got a hold of my arrogant jerk of a GP via his messaging service (want to avoid conversation as much as possible) and he's sending me for blood tests which I have to get done at latest 1 week before I go in to see him :wacko: I think one of them is to do a double test that will be used with my nuchal fold scan to see the chances for Downs. Go in to see him on the 17th and am already dreading it, I just can't stand him, he's so amazingly arrogant :( I wish my clinic at the hospital was taking care of it but they discarged me after my scan yesterday. Not only that but I don't know how I'm going to get to any of the labs he mentioned I could use since I can't take the metro - got so sick to my stomach yesterday when I had to take it home after the scan because DH needed to get to work. Was so close to losing my breakfast:wacko: I'm horrible with figuring out the bus system here so would prefer to avoid them as well.

Ah Kat how annoying!! I know what u mean you'd rather the fertility clinic was dealing with things they were so efficient. I feel the same way!

Ohh Kat F sending support that sucks it really does and doesn't seem fair. Take all the time you need.

Miss Cassie what you get an 8 week scan! You're so lucky! Is it because you're having twins they monitor you a bit more?

its a pain our fertility clinic couldn't do my 7 week ultrasound because of a water leak do we had to go somewhere else. They were meant to give us advice as to whether we should get the Nuchal screen thing - because our embryo has already been screened with PGS. When my dr congratulated me (after I just found out) she said look we give you 95% all is ok with the embryo - if you want that extra bit to 99% accuracy then do it. It's $500 - which ahh more money but it's peace of mind (not that I'd know what to do) but I'd want to be prepared. Different places call it the Nuchal screen test, some place calls it the Harmony test, then there's out clinic who do it called the Genestat test (through Genea) it's all a bit confusing!

Ah Kat how annoying!! I know what u mean you'd rather the fertility clinic was dealing with things they were so efficient. I feel the same way!

Ohh Kat F sending support that sucks it really does and doesn't seem fair. Take all the time you need.

Miss Cassie what you get an 8 week scan! You're so lucky! Is it because you're having twins they monitor you a bit more?

its a pain our fertility clinic couldn't do my 7 week ultrasound because of a water leak do we had to go somewhere else. They were meant to give us advice as to whether we should get the Nuchal screen thing - because our embryo has already been screened with PGS. When my dr congratulated me (after I just found out) she said look we give you 95% all is ok with the embryo - if you want that extra bit to 99% accuracy then do it. It's $500 - which ahh more money but it's peace of mind (not that I'd know what to do) but I'd want to be prepared. Different places call it the Nuchal screen test, some place calls it the Harmony test, then there's out clinic who do it called the Genestat test (through Genea) it's all a bit confusing!

It's also because my GP is really arrogant and will gaslight you. The refusal to help me get referred for CD3 blood test was "not his job", he didn't want to bother which is why my old IUI clinic had to step in. They were shocked at his answer. I remember he told us he could already refer us when we went in to see him after 8 months TTC. We told him we wanted to wait a bit and then I asked him to refer us after 10 months. But no, he suddenly was a stickler for rules and couldn't do it until we hit 12 months. I asked him about him saying he could refer us earlier but he completely denied it even though my DH heard the same exact thing. He's been a bit pissy with me ever since:nope: I just don't feel like I need the extra stress dealing with him :( He didn't even offer a polite congrats when I wrote him I'm pregnant.

As for the Nuchal screening seems I'm forced into it because my embie wasn't screened genetically. Luckily it's free here.

Katf I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm freaking out woke up who knows what time and dh had his dead weight heavy arm in my stomach and I woke up laying on my back tossed his arm off but worried it cut off blood supply i feel different I hope it's just psychological but I'm worried for my embie

I'm sure your little embie is fine almost. It's safe and protected enough in your womb, all warm and cosy enjoying daddy cuddles!! X

I'm pupo guys!! Just relaxing at home, and dh is waiting on me today!

Congrats on being PUPO froggy, FXed your embie will be implanting very soon :dust:

Im not having twins, my fertility specialst just scans you every 2 weeks before you get released from the clinic :) so i had one at 6+5, 8+5 and then 10+5 which is when i get released.

I think we are doing the harmony test too! My fertility specalist highly recomended it and then you get to find out the gender earlier too! How exciting

Congrats on being pupo froggyfrog can't wait for your beta to come! Get cozy embie!

Miss Cassie.. ahh right your clinic is different to mine. Are you IVF Australia? That's so good you get so many scans! Lucky! We're all on our own now (with Genea)!!
Yeah the good thing about the Harmony test (or Genesyte test that Genea do) is you do get to find out the sex. I'm dying to know. We will find out but deciding on whether to tell people or keep it a secret.

Froggy. i did 5 days after transfer and it was too early. Disappointed. Then I did on day 7. (I waited a whole day 6 lol without testing) Enjoy your 'me' time xx

I'm not sure if I want to find out the gender, I am just so happy that I'm finally pregnant!! I may change my mind as the pregnancy progresses though! Hehe! Can't believe it's Friday again! That means I'm 8 weeks today! :happydance: Woop woop for raspberry!! :cloud9:

Congrats froggy!! rest up and your test day will be here in no time at all :)

AFM - waiting on my period to arrive and then I can call up and arrange meds to be delivered. Loads of watery CM going on so ovulation is close.. time to get BDing in the hope of a natural BFP before our fresh ICSI cycle begins

xx

froggy great pic of your embie, wish I had one of mine now:thumbup:

Cassie wow I wish my clinic had done that. They released me after my 8 week scan:wacko: However if I'm so incredibly unlucky that I mc, I can come back for my last free IVF. But still, would've preferred to have stayed with them until week 10, would've given the extra plus that I could avoid my jerk of a GP maybe:thumbup:

tina good luck this cycle and if not I hope that your ICSI works this time :dust:

As for finding out the gender, I'm planning on being Team :yellow: all the way:happydance: DH and I thought it would be fun plus we don't care very much about gender, just that this baby is healthy is the most important thing!

So told DH about our GP (reminded him of how this GP has been in the past) and he said he'll go with me on the 17th to keep me calm and more comfortable seeing the GP. I think he could hear I was on the verge of tears yesterday when I called him about it:( He said he'll just take it as a "work at home" day since the appointment is in the early afternoon. Hopefully I won't need to see a GP after this and it'll be my last time having any contact with this guy:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->