Anyone hoping for a May/June BFP?? - 6 BFPs!!!

welp..... i was in pain again this morning with BH going on as well and a back ache.

The nurse told the Dr. and the Dr. thinks the pain is from my gall bladder! Babydreams it made me think of you!

They said the other stuff sounds like normal BH especially how far along i am, but the pain at the top of my belly sounded like a gall bladder issue. They said some pregnant womens gall bladder cant function properly during pregnancy especially this stage bc its so squished etc. THe pain may be from me trying to pass gall stones or somthing related to gall bladder. I was told to try and eat a less fatty diet (but my diet isnt all that bad to begin with with fatty foods)

Man oh man, does that hurt tho when it happens. I almost needed to puke the pain was so bad.

They also said who knows, i might have come across a virus as well? But they said they think baby is ok so no worries

Oh no I feel for you! It is NO fun. I have gallstones and inflammation. I had an infection too but they cleared it up for now. I am "managing" mine with diet but tbh it doesn't really work. I get pain after a lot of meals and sometimes just in the middle of the night. I am having mine removed as soon as the baby is born, unless my liver function fails before that point (that would require immediate surgery). I get a terrible pain in my upper back on my right side and in the front at the top of my ribcage on the right. Sometimes it's so bad that my whole right arm and shoulder aches too and I get sharp chest pains. I hope that's not what you're dealing with because trust me I know how awful it feels!!!!! :hugs:

welp..... i was in pain again this morning with BH going on as well and a back ache.

The nurse told the Dr. and the Dr. thinks the pain is from my gall bladder! Babydreams it made me think of you!

They said the other stuff sounds like normal BH especially how far along i am, but the pain at the top of my belly sounded like a gall bladder issue. They said some pregnant womens gall bladder cant function properly during pregnancy especially this stage bc its so squished etc. THe pain may be from me trying to pass gall stones or somthing related to gall bladder. I was told to try and eat a less fatty diet (but my diet isnt all that bad to begin with with fatty foods)

Man oh man, does that hurt tho when it happens. I almost needed to puke the pain was so bad.

They also said who knows, i might have come across a virus as well? But they said they think baby is ok so no worries

Oh no I feel for you! It is NO fun. I have gallstones and inflammation. I had an infection too but they cleared it up for now. I am "managing" mine with diet but tbh it doesn't really work. I get pain after a lot of meals and sometimes just in the middle of the night. I am having mine removed as soon as the baby is born, unless my liver function fails before that point (that would require immediate surgery). I get a terrible pain in my upper back on my right side and in the front at the top of my ribcage on the right. Sometimes it's so bad that my whole right arm and shoulder aches too and I get sharp chest pains. I hope that's not what you're dealing with because trust me I know how awful it feels!!!!! :hugs:

OMG! thats the EXACT pain im feeling! my upper/middle back ACHES super bad and the the pain is right at the top of my belly where the bottom of my sternum would be! The pain lasts like 2 hours! and all the while i get BH too where my belly gets hard off and on. They just told me to eat a lesser fat diet also.... but i dont eat a fatty diet to begin with... and i eat small meals? so i dont get why its happening to me....

I feel like my body doenst work well at all during pregnancy :nope: first i failed the GD quick screen so i did the 3 hour one (passing tho) but since 1 of my levels were elevated they still want me to watch my carbs/sugar... now my gall bladder! grrr.... i never had health issues before getting pregnant :nope:

babydreams- sorry you have to go throguh this..... it is such an aweful pain. your a strong woman to have gone thru with it this far!:hugs:

Little J & Babydreams: I'm sorry you are both going through all this pain. I hope you have some relief soon. :hugs:

Ex: I'm so excited! I'll be hearing "That was it." any day now. Hopefully before your EDD. And if not I hope the sweep does it.

Melly: No cervical checks at all. I would hope during labor atleast? So, they know when you are in the pushing stage. Etc. Won't be long for you, hun! Love your bassinet... So cute! I can't wait to know what you are having.

AFM: My Dr. starts cervical checks at 35 weeks, its also when appointments start being every week. I had no change at all with DD. So, we'll see this time. Dr. Appt. Tuesday... most likely nothing new to report and that'll be a good thing. :)

I would find that annoying they dont do cervical checks. It kinda gives you an idea if things are progressing

My Dr. doesnt start cervical checks until 36 weeks and thats when my Dr. apts become weekly. As of right now, they are every 2 weeks

The time is ticking gals! we are so close!

I can't believe it. This was my last week of no appointment. But, I do get scared when I go that something will be wrong. I developed high blood pressure complications at 34 weeks with DD.

Christmas will make it go even faster. :)

Awww Little J, I am so sorry. :( It does sound like that's what you're dealing with too. It's a terrible pain...some people say it's worse than labor. So with my kidney stones and gallbladder issues and all the pain I've had, maybe labor won't be so bad LOL. The diet doesn't work for me anyways, so I would just say watch the fat content on anything you eat...but don't obsess. At least we are not in first tri with this going on and have a long way to go!!!! Only 7 more weeks (give or take) for you and you will feel much better! :)

I have my 32 wk appt 2 days after Christmas and then I have one at 34 and 36 wks and after that it's once a week until I deliver. Still hoping I make it to AT LEAST 36. So far so good. He is settled in there nice and snug!

Ex, Tyler will be here before you know it! Just enjoy these last few days you have relaxing and spending time alone with OH...it will be much harder to do once baby comes!

Leinz and Melly, you are getting close to the end too! Not much longer now and your LOs will be in your arms!!!

Little J - Really sorry to hear you are having to deal with all this pain, not long now and hopefully it will disappear as soon as you have baby :hugs:

Leinz - So far I have had no signs so I don't think he'll arrive before my EDD, hopefully Monday or Tuesday things will kick off after my sweep :winkwink: Thank you hunni :D

Babydreams - We enjoy every day we spend together, just waiting for our little man to complete our family :D

Ex: You never know, though... It could happen at any moment with no signs. :)

EX: I thought for sure I was going to be updated that Tyler was here. :) Maybe tonight or tomorrow... Come on Sweep! :)

Leinz, yes they do checks when we are in labour, but not routinely from 36 weeks.

I want the dr up there as little as possible, I'm so glad we don't do it that way!

Yeah, I really wouldn't mind if they didn't do them here either. They really are no indication. With DD, I remained none of anything and each week heard no change. There still wasn't change at my 39 week induction.

EX: Can't wait for your baby news! That sweeps got to do it. :)

i just got a call from the Dr.....

They want me to do an ultrasound of my gall bladder wed. am (on my birthday...) and today in an hour i need to get my blood drawn to get a hepatic blood panel done to check my liver function. (due to the whole itch thing)

My Dr. said she would rather check things out and eliminate any issues just incase

Im glad she is proative, but it scares me she thinks there could be a problem

Im almost in tears, bc i feel this is the millionth time im getting blood drawn and im nervous what the results might be. I dont want my baby to be harmed and i dont want my body to have to go through all this, it just sucks... im nervous and scared :nope:

Little J: I'm glad they are checking you out, good. It sucks, but it doesn't mean there are any issues. And if there is... they will be taken care of.

It's all going to be okay! :hugs:

i got a call from the nurse and my hepatic blood work came back. THere were 6 or 7 tests they ran and eevrything was in normal range except my Alkaline Phosphatase levels..... my level was above 160 and the normal range is to 130 or somthing. She wasnt able to further the converstation as she isnt sure what "too high" of a level meant and not sure what the Dr.s next move will be.

So tomorrow my Dr. will look at my results and we will go from there. I still have my ultrasound set up for wed AM which might help with a dignosis as well

I did soem reasearch and high levels of ALP (alkaline phosphatase) can lead to pre-clampsia or the cholestasis

But i also read that later in pregnancy your ALP levels rise some bc the baby makes their own ALP. So im not sure if my levels are high enough to be concerned about... as of yet? But the Dr. im sure will keep an eye on them just in case.

Sorry for the repeat info Melly and Leinz!

Little J, the ultrasound is what diagnosed mine. My gallbladder was inflamed/infected and they could see a ton of stones. My liver levels have stayed in the normal range, which is why they're waiting on surgery until baby is out. If my liver levels get high at ANY point they have to operate IMMEDIATELY, because that is extremely dangerous. We're just keeping a close eye on it. So with your levels looking pretty good they will probably do the same for you...just wait to do anything until you deliver. It's mainly because the incision would have to be HUGE at this point in the pregnancy (because they would have to go to the top of the ribcage--as far away from the uterus as possible) and our chances of infection or of that throwing us into labor are high. I'm not sure about that one level on your bloodwork, but I'm pretty sure that when your liver isn't functioning correctly several of your numbers would be off the charts. Hopefully all is ok for you and the ultrasound brings good news. Wow I know exactly how you're feeling at this point and I am just so sorry. No pregnant woman should have to deal with it. :( Let us know what happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->