• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April 2015 Rainbow Babies

I think that is a good plan. Go with your mommy instinct. You know if something is wrong.

Thanks akn. I just think it's too much intervention for just incase.

I think so too. I think if her weight is consistently dropping, then it might be worth looking at, but if she is growing somewhat consistently, I don't think you have much to worry about.

Totally agree with both of you. HV is doing my head in with Inaya's weight. I still have to weigh her every other week. And the HV got her weight wrong too at some point.
You know your babies better than anyone else.

How annoying Ummi. I hope you don't have to go that often for much longer.

How are you ladies getting on?

DD is still adorable. I think she'll be laughing soon, she's let slip a giggle a couple of times. She's still besotted with her big brother, despite him throwing a ball at her head! She's also becoming quite a flirt and half of DS's friends have told me they love her.

My two have started giggling recently---it's adorable. Wilf started a couple of weeks ago, but Harriet is just starting now. Wilf is a terrible flirt too! Big brother is starting to like them more now that they smile and interact with them.

We're starting to work on getting more of a routine. Naps failed today, but the other day they were pretty good. It's hard getting them synchronized. Wilf sleeps brilliantly at night but Harriet is a total cuddled/milk monster. Oh well! Our big guy was a great sleeper so I'm hoping we can train these two to be the same way.

Appointment with the doctor tomorrow. Curious about how much they weigh now.

How is everyone?

I am doing good. Been back to work for 3 weeks now. Starting to get a routine hashed out with bed time and nap time. Ella wakes up usually once at night to be fed. She hasn't rolled over yet, but we are getting close. She tried the other day and got kind of stuck on her side lol.

She does these cute little squeals that I think she is trying to laugh. It cracks me up!!! We got a jumper set up for her, and she loves sitting in that. She is learning how to make one of the toy parts rotate when she puts her hand on it. I am so amazed at how smart she is :)

I think she was overtired yesterday though.. she would not settle down for very long. She took a couple cat naps, but not for very long. So when I went to dinner with some mom friends.. she was only happy if I had her cuddled up on my shoulder.

I can't believe our babies are going into their 4th month!! I feel like I waited forever for her to get here, and now she is growing so fast!!

We're having a wake up every two hour night. Not fun.

We have my mum visiting this week and DD spent all evening squealing and shrieking at her, she has definitely made friends with her nanny.

What do you guys consider rolling over? My DH says he doesn't consider tummy to back rolling over because they're "falling". Mine have done front to back, but I seem to remember back to front being quite a bit later.

Oh, forgot we went to the doctors today! Believe it or not, both babies are in the 95th to 99.9th percentile! Ridiculous. I think the little guy was the highest for his length. They're still way smaller than my DS was at this age so I'm assuming he was off the charts!

How did our babies get so big! Sob.

That's great Mowat! Front to back rolling is still rolling but I wouldn't say they were rolling (without the explanation that it was only front to back) until they could do both. My DS didn't do back to front until he was about 11 months as he just wasn't interested.

I was thinking tummy to back.. she is still working on that. Although she has great neck strength and will push up with her arms when she is on her tummy. Just hasn't quite figured it out yet.

Nice to read your updates!
I'm with you on that one akn! We waited forever for them to get there and they're just growing too fast!

Button: if that makes you feel better, we're in the same boat (again!! Must be a 22nd April thing!) she is waking up every two hour at night. She used to be better and sleep from 12 to 6.30 at some point, but she has just hit the sleep regression stage which I expected as both my boys went through that phase. Hope it's not going to last long though.
She is also quite a flirt I love it! It is amazing how from such a young age she can be so 'girly' and the boys were so 'boyish' (sorry for the stereotype ;)
She loves eye contact, and smiles a lot! She actually had her first giggle today. Such a precious moment. She can roll from back to front and is so proud of herself! She can't do front to back yet whereas both boys started front to back and then the other way round. I just left her one playing in her cot, turned around for a minute and then there she was in her tummy! She doesn't like tummy that much and felt frustrated after a while.
She hasn't been weighed for 4 weeks now (missed one as it was eid and another as I had a last minute appointment at the hospital for my sickness).
She had her first injection today, we missed it when I was in hospital in June so we are 6 weeks late in the schedule. I don't really mind as she is so tiny (though growing fast!) that I even felt bad today when she started feeling down due to the side effects.

Aw sounds like Inaya is doing really well. Hope you had a lovely Eid.

Took the kiddies to Hampton court today. We were all dead on our feet as DS was up for 3 hours in the middle of the night with OH, I got no sleep because of DD and my mum was kept awake by the foxes. We had a brilliant time though.

She kept doing it over and over.. hahaha.. Now for her to roll belly to back ... then I am really in trouble!!

She is definitely hitting a developmental leap.. she's just super fussy. I am also starting to wonder if I am not producing enough milk to keep her satiated... she seems to get pissed off when she is feeding, like I am not giving her enough, or it isn't coming out fast enough. I think I need to step up my water intake and eat more food.

Thanks button. Yes we had a good time ended up knackered too!
Glad you had a great time!

Yay Ella!
Don't worry akn, she might just be having a growth spurt. Inaya does the same too. Do keep up your water intake. Rest helps a lot too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->