April Showers - April 2023 testing thread

@josephine3
My af can sometimes start like that. Watery pink when wiping then stop and then start again the following day or day after.
But I hope for you it is IB.
Can I just say if it does turn into AF then I know exactly how you feel as I had pains in my uterus and ovaries at 7 and 8 dpo last cycle and 8dpo the cycle b4. Felt for sure it was implantation pain but all I’ve had is BFN. It really is so shit how our body’s mess us around like that.
I won’t be taking any notice of any pains or aches ever again. So fed up of having my heart broken constantly with the miscarriages and bfns and then AF. I remember with my sons and the miscarriage last June the implantation pain was very intense. So only get excited if I feel like that again. I also had on off sore boobs from 8dpo too but still nothing to show for it. Seems everyone around me is pregnant. We’re away at the moment and every where is pregnant women and new born babies. It’s the same back home too. It just feels so shit :-( how many dpo are you now?

@littlewitch
I’m so sorry it’s a BFN hon. Since my chemical in feb I’ve not had a hint of a line for 2 cycles now. It’s crap isn’t it.
I really hope you get a nice surprise tomorrow hon.
I also feel like it’s never going to happen. It’s so hard to remain hopeful with recurrent pregnancy loss or BFNs and long term ttc. It all sucks.

@Pink.Rose
Fx this cycle is the one

@Madcat99
I really hope this cycle is the one for you

@xxmyheartxx
Can’t see much on my phone hon. Can’t make the photo bigger to check as we are away at the moment and reception is poor.

@NightFlower
How are your tests today. What dpo are you now?

@ChibiLena
We’re so happy to have you back.

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone out.
good luck to all those still waiting to test. Or ovulate.
To anyone that is out, I’m sending huge hugs.
Depending on ovulation I will be testing again in April sometime. On cd3 today and I normally O around day 12 but I’ve got a virus at the moment so might be a later ovulation this cycle. Really hope this is the cycle for my rainbow.
[-o<
oh please Lord let this cycle be the ONE [-o<
I'm 9/10dpo today. Haven't tested yet as it's almost 7am just woke up. Getting son moving so he can get the bus for school. So no tests yet. Had a faint pink line on last night's test as you already saw. I'll update when I get a chance to test. Woke up very bloated and uncomfortable.

@NightFlower can’t wait to see the next test hon. Sounds like great symptoms.
Fx this is it now. Hope I’ll be joining you soon too[-o<

@josephine3
Oh no. I’m so sorry lovey. That’s so disappointing. I’m cd3 so we’re close again. I hope and pray this AF will be the last one for us both and we both get our sticky BFPs this cycle [-o<
Even tho I’ll be In hospital right over Xmas but I’m not fussed about that. Sprinkling lots and lots of extra sticky baby dust all over us:dust::dust:
Praying for that Xmas baby:xmas9:

@josephine3
Oh no. I’m so sorry lovey. That’s so disappointing. I’m cd3 so we’re close again. I hope and pray this AF will be the last one for us both and we both get our sticky BFPs this cycle [-o<
Even tho I’ll be In hospital right over Xmas but I’m not fussed about that. Sprinkling lots and lots of extra sticky baby dust all over us:dust::dust:
Sorry had a busy morning here is my 2mu test 3hr hold I'm either 9 or 10dpo.
Hope you can see it as it's a foggy rainy day. Hope it looks OK for where I am.

Screenshot_20230406-090448_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230406-090501_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230406-090511_Gallery.jpg

@josephine3

I know how it feels when everyone around has the cute baby bumps or newborns in their arms. As if lttc isnt difficult enough!
I hope you get that Christmas take home baby!! I still feel like you’ll be in the same due date group as me so FX!

So I came across an article about a lady who changed her baby's name after learning that it means something inappropriate in another language... It has me curious, for those of us who have kiddos already, if you could go back, would you choose the same name for your child, or pick something else?

For me, I'm undecided. On the one hand, I can't imagine calling my kids anything else now, it's just who they are. That said though, my husband and I always fought over baby names.

With our first, I had 2 names in mind that I really liked, hubby hated both (then his cousin used one of the names 2 years later). My husband kept giving names that were older, over used, or already in the family. There was one name he suggested that I did like, however I couldn't take it seriously as it was partially from an anime he watched and sounded straight out of a comic book when you put first and middle together, so we decided to save that name for later (eventually the first name ended up being our youngest kids middle name). But the name we settled on, I later found out (after he was born) is also hubby cousin's name! He doesn't see that side of the family much, maybe twice since we have been married, but I still would have changed it had I known before kiddo was born.

With our 2nd, it was much easier, we agreed if it was a girl I'd pick and if it was a boy he would pick (with veto rights) She's a girl and he didn't fight me on the name haha, but I don't love the name now as much as I did back then..

With our 3rd kiddo we did actually agree on a name pretty quickly (just debated spelling) but it was a girls name. We fought a lot over our boy choice before he eventually gave up, but I didn't realize how popular the name we chose for him was becoming.. for that alone, I probably would have chose different had I known.

As for the next one, I do have a few names in mind already. If we have a girl I'm hoping hubby still loves our previous girl choice and we can come to a compromise on the spelling. I still really love the name. If we end up having a boy, I'm betting my husband won't like the names I have in mind. Hopefully it wont be an issue though.

Sorry, I'd totally share the names but only my best friend knows we even had the reversal done haha, none of our family or other friends know! So on the off chance someone else is here too, I'm gonna play it safe. It will be quite the shock when we finally get to make the announcement though!

So I came across an article about a lady who changed her baby's name after learning that it means something inappropriate in another language... It has me curious, for those of us who have kiddos already, if you could go back, would you choose the same name for your child, or pick something else?

For me, I'm undecided. On the one hand, I can't imagine calling my kids anything else now, it's just who they are. That said though, my husband and I always fought over baby names.

With our first, I had 2 names in mind that I really liked, hubby hated both (then his cousin used one of the names 2 years later). My husband kept giving names that were older, over used, or already in the family. There was one name he suggested that I did like, however I couldn't take it seriously as it was partially from an anime he watched and sounded straight out of a comic book when you put first and middle together, so we decided to save that name for later (eventually the first name ended up being our youngest kids middle name). But the name we settled on, I later found out (after he was born) is also hubby cousin's name! He doesn't see that side of the family much, maybe twice since we have been married, but I still would have changed it had I known before kiddo was born.

With our 2nd, it was much easier, we agreed if it was a girl I'd pick and if it was a boy he would pick (with veto rights) She's a girl and he didn't fight me on the name haha, but I don't love the name now as much as I did back then..

With our 3rd kiddo we did actually agree on a name pretty quickly (just debated spelling) but it was a girls name. We fought a lot over our boy choice before he eventually gave up, but I didn't realize how popular the name we chose for him was becoming.. for that alone, I probably would have chose different had I known.

As for the next one, I do have a few names in mind already. If we have a girl I'm hoping hubby still loves our previous girl choice and we can come to a compromise on the spelling. I still really love the name. If we end up having a boy, I'm betting my husband won't like the names I have in mind. Hopefully it wont be an issue though.

Sorry, I'd totally share the names but only my best friend knows we even had the reversal done haha, none of our family or other friends know! So on the off chance someone else is here too, I'm gonna play it safe. It will be quite the shock when we finally get to make the announcement though!
It took us a long time to decide our boys names but I would not change them for the world. Some think they are too difficult and unique but so is my name so I personally think its is just laziness not to learn someone's name correctly.
Ozias and Ezekiel are their names and I may be biased but they suit them little boys :D

@Pink.Rose I was really annoyed to learn how popular my oldest's name was and still is. I was living abroad at the time and had no idea it was so popular back home. :brat: Apart from that, I still love his name and wouldn't change it for the world.

Aside from that, I have had the first names for our (hopefully) third baby chosen for a few years already. My husband and I are discussing middle names for a boy atm but could decide on the middle name for a girl easily. He actually suggested quite a few names this time, which I am happy about. Usually, he only vetoed my suggestions. [-(

As this will be our last baby, he or she will have two middle names (our boys only have one each) as we are using up our favorites, especially for a girl.

Last edited:
From this mornings temp I am quite sure I ovulated. I don't have enough temps for FF to pinpoint ovulation in sure, but I'll make sure to take at least two more temps to confirm for myself.
I'd wanted to BD last night, but we both fell asleep right after watching our show and then we had a child in our bed this morning. So it's been two days since we last BD but it is what it is.

@WantingababyF I have an Ezekiel too! His twin sister is named Adira and their names have similar meanings. We wanted matching names that weren't obvious. We mostly call them by their nicknames they started calling themselves (deagle and deeyah)
@Pink.Rose I don't think I would change any of my kids names if I had a do over. My second daughter Chloe is the only one I *might* have because her name was a lot more popular than I intended . I try to avoid names that have been in the top 100 list in the last 50 years. I knew Chloe didn't fit that criteria, but after she was born I found out it was the #2 girls name the year she was born. It suits her so well though and it was honestly the only name we liked with her middle name (her grandma's name)

Had a coffee while waiting to test this afternoon so sample not the best. I'm still 4 or 5 days away from af.

Screenshot_20230406-133616_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230406-133624_Gallery.jpg

Hope some other ladies will be testing with me soon. Good luck ladies. Sorry who got af. My your next cycle be the one.
:dust:

I don't think I would go back and change any of my kids' names no... Though my eldest has changed his name (not by deed poll, but we all use the new name and has been changed at school for example and other places)- but that's due to gender identity. I think with my first few and when I was younger, I was quite concerned with making sure they had really unusual names, yet were still able to shorten them to more widely used names if they wanted. My third girl is called Lyra, and we've since met a good handful of Lyras but I still adore it. I like it now when we bump in to a little name friend! My 4th is called Vianne and 5th Sylvie. My name is actually Fuchsia!

@NightFlower
They look like my 10dpo tests with my son,
I tested at 8dpo and was BFN, then tested at 10dpo and got my BFP. By 11 dpo they were darker. So I’ve got it all crossed that tomorrows will be darker and they continue to darken.. so fx this is it for you now. Surley it has to be. You deserve this so so much.
All the ladies here do, I hope we will be following you very soon. I would still love to be in the same due date as you.
Hope we both have healthy Xmas babies lovely. [-o<

@HalfricanMa
Thanks love.
When AF showed it hit me hard. Esp with all the other pregnant ladies around and new borns. I sat at my table almost in tears. I pray so so much I do get to join you in that due date group. I hope this cycle will finally be the one. Not feeling overly hopeful tho with me having this virus. Having a feeling ovulation will be really late or I won’t ovulate at all. Been well all this time and then boom I get this.
It’s just been a sore throat, achy head and neck: and I was feeling hot and cold for one night but I’m not too bad now. Still a bit of a sore throat and headache and neck ache. It hit me on Sunday. I really hope it won’t mess up ovulation and I still ovulate at my normal time: and pray it will be the golden egg. Can’t believe it’s the 14th cycle trying now. It just feels we have been trying for such a long time now.
I hope all us long term trying ladies get our sticky baby BFPs on the cycles we are on right now.
I can’t believe your already 7 weeks wow.

@Pink.Rose

I think I wouldn’t change any of my kids names. It’s just who they are isn’t it. Like I don’t think they would suit any other name.
My husband picked our 3 boys names. And I chose our daughters names.
As the last 2 we’re boys I’ve told him I want to name our next baby if we do have one.
He doesn’t like my names but as it will definitely be my last baby I really really want to name her or him.
I already have my girls name and have done for 3 years now. If I have a girl I want to call her.
Everly-Faith Rose.
Or Everly-Rose Faith. Our sir name is Arnold so it goes so nice with that.
Boy names I have a few
Ollie
Louie
Rory
Toby.
Of course my husband doesn’t like them lol.
But as it will be my last he will
Just have to lump it. haha.
Praying we get to use one of those names with our healthy take home rainbow very very soon.
Hubby really believes I will be pregnant some time this year.
I pray he is right.
With me turning 44 in December I feel like time is running out.
Praying we both get to use our names lovely.
I hope you get your BFP in the next week or so.
I hope April will by my month too.
please Lord let April be mine and these lovely ladies on here sticky healthy BFPs month.
Please please please

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->