April Showers - April 2023 testing thread

So many BFPs
Really hope the rest of us get to join you all very soon and will be posting our sticky BFPs in the next few days for some. And weeks for us who got AF. Praying this is thread is lucky for us all[-o<

@ehjmorris
That’s awesome progression hon. Look at that pregmate so beautiful. Looking absolutely amazing for 11dpo. Looks like my sons 11dpo tests. I have a feeling tomorrows will be even darker. I have a good feeling about this and I’ve got everything crossed that this is finally your rainbow baby[-o<

@WantingababyF
Oh oh I see that clearly. Fx fx fx so so tightly this will be your rainbow. So happy for you,

@Mummy23beauts
Oh sweetheart I’m so sorry you had another loss. That’s so sad, recurring pregnancy loss is just awful. I feel your pain. I think I may see something on that test and I really hope it is the start of a sticky BFP for you.

@NightFlower
Oh please keep posting here lovely. I want too see those lines, rooting for you a lot [-o<

@Madcat99
I had on off pink spotting when wiping with my nearly 2 year old son. It started at 14dpo and was on and off until about 8 weeks.
I also had red bleeding with him at 6 weeks and again at 14+5 weeks. I’ve had a lot of losses so was so worried. But he was absolutely fine. Congratulations again.

@Pink.Rose
Those sound like some promising symptoms hon. I tested at 8dpo with both my sons and with my miscarriage last June and got stark white as white BFN.
Then I tested again at 10dpo and got my faint BFP.
I know some women get early BFPs but 10dpo is the more common stage to start seeing those lines. fx that bfn turns into a BFP in the next day or so. Hope this cycle is the one for us both.[-o<[-o<

@littlewitch
Great stash hon,

@ChibiLena
How you doing hon?

Hope I’ve not missed anyone.
Cd8 for me today and the wait for ovulation. Have no idea when it will be. Hoping it will still be around my normal time. feeling alot better now. Not 100% but way better than i did.
will prob start BDing from tonight and going to try every other day this cycle. Hoping it will work for us and the egg will be supper healthy and strong leading to a supper sticky BFP. [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

The earliest I got was with my 3rd at only 7dpo! My daughter I was about 12 dpo and with my first I waited until my period was due because I didn't want to be disappointed again haha.

I might test tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I'm praying so hard for a little Christmas baby!

Wow all these bfps are hard to keep up with!! What a lucky thread!! I know the lady that started this month's thread got her bfp before the month even began so that must have been a lucky sign! I might jump ahead and start the may thread if no-one minds as I've not done one before and it seems to give some luck to some ladies!!
Also Im not due on until may 3rd I think but obvs will test sooner so this is my first month here where I actually might get 2 chances testing in the month x

Last edited:
@erher welcome I saw your other post I hope you get the outcome you are looking for x
@ehjmorris wow those pregmates have such a great line compared to the frer where did you get them? Are they only meant to be 20/25?

Last edited:
@Mummy23beauts sorry I missed congrats to you too!!
Also I know someone was having an iui and I was going to ask why but can't remember who arrghh. Sorry I'm no good at keeping up.
Anyway, for me I'm cd 6 now af has just about left the building. So I'm starting on Proceive this month, I bought the dual pack for me and oh but he has his semen analysis on 2nd may and I want to see what it is like before he does supplements so I'm just starting with my ones for now. I'm also just taking one rather than 2 a day as they are so expensive and seem to have sooooo much of some vits in I can't see the need to take 2 a day, also want to see how I tolerate them.
@Suggerhoney and @NDH I'm having you down as our resident supplement experts, what do you think of these??

Screenshot_20230411-184736.png

@pinkrose oh you made this one, I must have got confused with last month when the lady got her bfp just before the month started lol. I've already made a May one haha couldn't help myself lol x

Also I know someone was having an iui and I was going to ask why but can't remember who arrghh. Sorry I'm no good at keeping up.
Anyway, for me I'm cd 6 now af has just about left the building. So I'm starting on Proceive this month, I bought the dual pack for me and oh but he has his semen analysis on 2nd may and I want to see what it is like before he does supplements so I'm just starting with my ones for now. I'm also just taking one rather than 2 a day as they are so expensive and seem to have sooooo much of some vits in I can't see the need to take 2 a day, also want to see how I tolerate them.
@Suggerhoney and @NDH I'm having you down as our resident supplement experts, what do you think of these??

View attachment 1115032

I like that those have the methylated versions of folate and B12 :thumbup:.
Coq10 is something you may want to take a separate higher dose of as that's not a lot. I take 200mg per day and I think @Suggerhoney takes an even higher dose than that, but it seems like a decent all around multivitamin.

Personally I like to take vitamins that don't have both iron and calcium as they cancel eachother out, and zing, calcium and magnesium also compete with each other when taken at the same time so you can't absorb the full amount of any of them. But I know the convenience of a multivitamin overrules best practice for absorbency for most people and something is better than nothing

I think the only main thing to add would be a good Omega-3.

And thanks for asking after me. I think I'm 6 or maybe 7dpo today. Going to wait at least 4 more days to test. Longer if I can get busy enough to forget about it lol.

Thanks @NDH. I thought you would be interested in the methylfolate part I thought of you when I saw it and Sugger when I saw the coq10 haha x Is the B12 related to it too then? The tablets have such good reviews and the proceive max even better, people saying they concieved first cycle after years etc..
Good luck for testing! How are you feeling ttc wise? Do I remember right that it was you who had the concerns over passing on certain genes related to cancer risks? I found the whole thing fascinating as medical things like that interest me yet obviously very concerning for you. Im still trying to talk myself into going for that biopsy!

Hi ladies :hi:

I’m jumping in the thread to offer support and extra pair of eyes for line spotting. I had my surprise (welcome surprise) of bfp few days ago, but here’s my todays test to keep an eye on progression.

Sending everyone lots of luck on their bfp journeys :dust:

C6A09421-2437-49BD-93EB-6117DF6864E0.jpeg

What is the brand?

Some mthfr experts say that everyone with the variant should take methylcobalamin as well (B12) though I'm not sure why that is. But honestly I believe the bioavailable form is always better for everyone anyway. But I personally also have a different gene mutation that specifically affects my ability to methylate B12.

And yes that's also me with the breast and colon cancer genes. My husband doesn't think it out to prevent us from having another child. An increased risk is not a guarantee of cancer, and cancer itself isn't a death sentence (and in some ways knowing you have the gene reduces your overall risk of dying from cancer as you get far more screening options that will enable you to catch it earlier than average, where survivability rates are vastly higher). "My genes do not define me" is my new mantra, and I've been focusing on improving my health and fitness level even more.

We're more NTNP at this point though, especially this month as Christmas due date is less than ideal. I didn't want to avoid trying at all, but website didn't try very hard either :haha:

@NDH sounds like a good mantra to me! Hubby is right I reckon. So many things we do can affect our health some out of our control and some down to sheer luck!
The brand is proceive they do a proceive max too which is aimed at over 35 and people trying longer than a year so I should really be on that one but it was just too pricey. Here's the front pic

Screenshot_20230411-230432.png

Reactions: NDH
I know I néed to catch up with everyone too but @WantingababyF I totally see that looks bfp to me everything crossed for you x

Thanks Josephine but I think I have been bit by a dodgy FRER again. Took a test last night and this morning and a barely there line/shadow is all I can see. The first test the line was still as clear as day. I actually can't believe how obvious these indent/evap line are. I'm not even one to be squinting trying to magic a line. It was clear as day in person. :x

View attachment 1115032
It was me!!!! I'm having the IUI! It's going to be our third overall, second this year. We conceived our son on the first IUI, then we had a natural pregnancy on Christmas last year which I lost in February. The March cycle failed, but I only have positive vibes this month!!!! I got myself a lucky shirt and lucky socks, I will share them with you all when they arrive! @josephine3 we are doing e IUI because we have male factor infertility. His count is good but his motility is not so good. I think it really helps when they do the sperm wash! I'm pretty sure it didn't take last cycle because I was so sick in the first half of the month. I am already feeling stuff happening in my ovaries, I can't wait to see what's going on in there on Friday! FX for a few healthy and mature follies!

Yup definitely burnt by FRER again. 9DPO and now there is no line on the tests but the usual shadow. So frustrated with TTC at the moment. After all the losses we just want our rainbow baby :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->