April Showers - April 2023 testing thread

@Suggerhoney so sorry
It's rubbish that there's so much time inbetween knowing it's not the month and the next try ..I think if you really need to step away then you must do what's best for you! However on the flip side, if there's lots of support and the ability to let it all out here, you might miss that and feel lonely if you continue TTC? I think it's likely you'll get there if you continue trying but the heartbreak of not being sure and all the mental space it takes up can be debilitating...:-( especially if you do tend to get hyper focused and a bit obsessive about things like I do- I got recently diagnosed with ADHD, which has been odd as an adult but explains a lot!
@Laurabub84 I really think it's just the cheapies - they're good for if you're gonna be testing a lot but honestly, they're not well made, the dye differs, I doubt they're as sensitive as they say, they really don't show progression- please don't worry too much about them! They look really good to me.

Afm- finally got peak! Darkened quite a bit last night then peak today, now on the fade again. Bit worried that I didn't experience ovulation pain though, which is a big thing for me, I get it every month and it's quite severe and lasts a good couple of hours. Nothing like that this month.

Sorry I disappeared for a bit again, thank you for all the lovely comments you ladies are so amazing and supportive. I'm struggling bad this week, found out 2 of my sister's are pregnant again, with their 2nd pregnancies in the time we have been trying, plus I have another sister also on her second pregnancy in that window who is further along. And meanwhile here I am at 12dpo with a very faint line to give me hope and then likely get crashed to the floor again in a couple of days. Sometimes life is just so unfair. :sad2: I love all my sisters and I'm so so happy for them, I just want to be pregnant with them and not feel so alone. :sad1:
IMG_20230429_080613.jpg

@cheerios
Thank you hon. I really hope and pray I do get a surprise BFP when I test.
I pray we both get our rainbows.
I do feel deep down you will get yours.
They tested my progesterone in march but on cd6.
I went in on cd21 too which was march 27th but no results.
Doctor said everything was normal but some came up a bit high but still within normal range.
But when i look at results i can only see the first set of bloods results and nothing for day 21.
So i demanded it to be redone this cycle on cd21 and this time the nurse said ,were testing progesterone today, where as cd21 in March she didnt even know what she was testing for.
Oh well glad i had it done again yesterday which was cd21.
Now a week to wait the results.
Hopefully comes back normal.
I do worry about ovarian reserve tho.
I was told the recurring pregnancy losses could be down to very poor ovarian reserve because of my age.
So that worries me. But if thats the case then were waisting our time here trying month after month after month because it will never ever happen.
:nope:

@josephine3
This thread has been such a blessing to the ltttc laides.
I really hope it will be a blessing to us too.

@Madcat99
Did you have your scan hon? Was wondering how you got on.

@AlwaysTheAunt
I cant believe you only have 5 weeks left. Like how has that gone that fast its madness.
You must be getting so so exited now.
Your baby will be here b4 you know it.
Is this your last baby or do you think your be trying again in the future?
This baby we are trying for now will definitely be last. Ltttc is so hard isnt it.
I can never ever put myself through this ever again.
Just want my last wee rainbow then i am done.
Fx everything goes really smoothly for you hon.

7dpo today and feeling incredibly out.
Zero symptoms no cramping. Nothing.
Absolutely dreading testing. :sad2:

Yes, ltttc was too hard for me to ever think about trying again. Its brutal on you both mentally and physically :( im praying for you always to get your last rainbow! I ended up putting a time limit on trying for december last year, i just couldnt do it anymore. I got very lucky to fall before then though.
Yes only 5 weeks to go, i cannot believe it! I've started to worry about the hour drive to the hospital a bit now but sure everything will work out fine. Very excited to meet this baby!

Always thinking of you all here, just dont like to post much in here being oregnant but i do try read through when i can! Xx

Sorry I disappeared for a bit again, thank you for all the lovely comments you ladies are so amazing and supportive. I'm struggling bad this week, found out 2 of my sister's are pregnant again, with their 2nd pregnancies in the time we have been trying, plus I have another sister also on her second pregnancy in that window who is further along. And meanwhile here I am at 12dpo with a very faint line to give me hope and then likely get crashed to the floor again in a couple of days. Sometimes life is just so unfair. :sad2: I love all my sisters and I'm so so happy for them, I just want to be pregnant with them and not feel so alone. :sad1:
View attachment 1115209

Hugs :hugs: I know that feeling. Between my sister and SILs they've had 6 babies since we've been ttc this one. Fx for a sticky bean :dust:

Congrats to all the BFPs!!

And i hope May will be the one for those still trying.

I'm feeling awful in the hospital. Can't eat at all and having gastric pain and bad nausea after injections. I'm having 4 injections a day, 2 for hypertonicity and 2 antibiotics.

They don't allow dh to visit at the ward. I'll have to walk to the visitor area to meet him. I'm less bloated after the injections. Almost flat tummy. Bad constipation, took the medicine, took taxi home to do my business as I'm not used to the shared washroom in the hospital.

It's already day 5 in the hospital. I really want to go home so badly.

Will catch up properly when I’ve finished my house work but just wanted honest opinions on my tests. I’m bloody terrified today. I know they’re nice and pink but I feel like they’ve stalled since Wednesday. Between Wednesday morning and this afternoons that I’ve just taken there’s not progression over that 48hrs. I actually think they’re a little lighter and my temp took a big drop to what it was. I’m so scared this baby isn’t going to stick
View attachment 1115201 View attachment 1115202
top test is 12dpo, middle 13dpo and bottom today 14dpo. I feel they should be darker by now and they take a while to develop. I’ve put off testing all morning because of the temp drop and these tests have just added to my worries. Please be honest, should I prepare for this not to work out?

It's darker Hun.
Congratulations!!

You may check again after four days,you will see the huge difference.

@Madcat99 I'm so sorry love. I hope they get you and baby out of this ordeal soon, happy and healthy!

Afm, I have an answer now, sadly not the one I had hoped for. It was the trigger shot that was giving me.shadows, bfn today. I'm 11dpiui, so I still have 3-4 days but I'm not hopeful. Even with the progesterone suppositories I'm not having any symptoms.at all, nothing. I'm not sure if I wanna try another IUI again or not. Maybe 3rd time is a charm or maybe we should take a break, I just don't know...

@Fuchsia1412
Thank you hon.
I do love the support on here thats so true.
But its all effecting me mentally now. Im fed up of month after month the depression that comes when its bfn.
I find this point the absolute worse.
The being out and having to wait so long for AF and ovulation and the next try.
I didnt want to be going onto month and cycle 15 trying and i was so so hoping for a Christmas baby. But here we are 11 dpo another stinking BFN.
Im just finding it all too much.
I fear with my 44th birthday this December its never going to happen for us.
I cant afford any fertility treatment so its natural or nothing.
I dont really know what to do at the moment.
I dont wanna say i hope May will be my month because of sick of saying it every month and then it dont happen.
Im definitely ovulating as ive had bloods done.
And my cycle is very regular.
I just dont think my eggs are any good.
Im on so many supplements hoping to get my sticky but now i cant even fall pregnant.
I may stay away until ovulation or untill AF starts. Or i may still pop on. But its just so hard.
Seeing how far all the pregnant women are and all the BFPs. Happy for them but it just hurts my heart so so much seeing endless bfns or getting lines and losing. Its like i cant win.

@AlwaysTheAunt
Im sure everything will work out perfect.
I wouldn't worry too much.

@Lightning7
I see that hon. I hope its darker tomorrow.
I know how you feel as my friend is pregnant and i really wanted us to pregnant together but nope.
I really hope that line is darker tomorrow love.
Always rooting for you.

@Madcat99
Sorry your in hospital hope you can go home soon.

Good luck to those still waiting to test.

AFM
Another BFN today at 11dpo.
Think ill just wait for AF now.
Feeling extremely sad and fed up.
AF wont be here until Thursday or friday.
Such a horrible long wait.
:cry:

I honestly think i should give up.
Its silly thinking it will happen at my age. It wont and i know it

View attachment 1115209

oh hun, I can’t imagine how hard that must be. I hope you,ll be joining them very soon :hugs:

Hugs :hugs: I know that feeling. Between my sister and SILs they've had 6 babies since we've been ttc this one. Fx for a sticky bean :dust:

You deserve it after all this time. It’s so hard watching others around you having babies. Big hugs to you :hugs:

Congrats to all the BFPs!!

And i hope May will be the one for those still trying.

I'm feeling awful in the hospital. Can't eat at all and having gastric pain and bad nausea after injections. I'm having 4 injections a day, 2 for hypertonicity and 2 antibiotics.

They don't allow dh to visit at the ward. I'll have to walk to the visitor area to meet him. I'm less bloated after the injections. Almost flat tummy. Bad constipation, took the medicine, took taxi home to do my business as I'm not used to the shared washroom in the hospital.

It's already day 5 in the hospital. I really want to go home so badly.

sounds like your really going through it. I hope they can get you well and home asap.

@Madcat99 I'm so sorry love. I hope they get you and baby out of this ordeal soon, happy and healthy!

Afm, I have an answer now, sadly not the one I had hoped for. It was the trigger shot that was giving me.shadows, bfn today. I'm 11dpiui, so I still have 3-4 days but I'm not hopeful. Even with the progesterone suppositories I'm not having any symptoms.at all, nothing. I'm not sure if I wanna try another IUI again or not. Maybe 3rd time is a charm or maybe we should take a break, I just don't know...

I’m so sorry hun. I really hoped they were going to continue darkening for you. I hope the next one is the one to bring your sticky bfp

@Fuchsia1412
Thank you hon.
I do love the support on here thats so true.
But its all effecting me mentally now. Im fed up of month after month the depression that comes when its bfn.
I find this point the absolute worse.
The being out and having to wait so long for AF and ovulation and the next try.
I didnt want to be going onto month and cycle 15 trying and i was so so hoping for a Christmas baby. But here we are 11 dpo another stinking BFN.
Im just finding it all too much.
I fear with my 44th birthday this December its never going to happen for us.
I cant afford any fertility treatment so its natural or nothing.
I dont really know what to do at the moment.
I dont wanna say i hope May will be my month because of sick of saying it every month and then it dont happen.
Im definitely ovulating as ive had bloods done.
And my cycle is very regular.
I just dont think my eggs are any good.
Im on so many supplements hoping to get my sticky but now i cant even fall pregnant.
I may stay away until ovulation or untill AF starts. Or i may still pop on. But its just so hard.
Seeing how far all the pregnant women are and all the BFPs. Happy for them but it just hurts my heart so so much seeing endless bfns or getting lines and losing. Its like i cant win.

@AlwaysTheAunt
Im sure everything will work out perfect.
I wouldn't worry too much.

@Lightning7
I see that hon. I hope its darker tomorrow.
I know how you feel as my friend is pregnant and i really wanted us to pregnant together but nope.
I really hope that line is darker tomorrow love.
Always rooting for you.

@Madcat99
Sorry your in hospital hope you can go home soon.

Good luck to those still waiting to test.

AFM
Another BFN today at 11dpo.
Think ill just wait for AF now.
Feeling extremely sad and fed up.
AF wont be here until Thursday or friday.
Such a horrible long wait.
:cry:

Big, huge, massive hugs sweetie :hugs:

Last edited:
View attachment 1115209
I totally understand you and feel your pain. My sister just found out she was pregnant for the second time, first was a chemical. Its so hard when people fall so easily. I am the same as you, so happy because I love my sisters but you can't help but feel the sadness that we have been ttc for so long. The closer it gets to beautiful Tallulahs due date the harder it is. My littlest sister has similar struggles to me and she unfortunately isn't in the position I am to be able to afford fertility help. I am sure she has PCOS just like me and I have chosen to help her while I am on my journey. My OB prescribed me 5 repeats of Letrozole and I have given one of those scripts to her. I hope to give her the chances I have had which helped me get my 2 little boys and my angel Tallulah. We are both taking it at the same time, she is 10 days ahead in her cycle. I am praying this helps her and myself and we can both get our little babies. My other sister doesn't have these same struggles and is fortunate to get pregnant trying for the first time and she is now about 7 weeks. She had one chemical and her partner went crazy, thinking she had done something wrong and now reading a bunch of stuff of what she shouldn't be doing. No eating cheeses and what not. It kind of makes me laugh because he has no idea that many women have struggled through such circumstances and much worse. I dread to think of his opinion of why I have lost so many and the latest at 17 weeks. Makes me kind of uncomfortable to be around him. I hope my sisters pregnancy goes well and she never finds herself having to deal with what Aurelia (youngest sister) and Myself have to go through.

@Laurabub84 thank you :) how are you doing?

Sorry about that first part about hoping your time was coming. I got confused with who I was replying to #-o I’ve just edited it. I’m doing ok i think. Still so bloody nervous. I’m trying not to test too much as I just freak myself out if the lines are fainter than the ones before. Af is due today or tomorrow and I’m hoping my lines are ok for where I am. I won’t register with midwives until I get a 3+ on a digital and I won’t try for that for another week or so. Really praying hard I get it and I get to bring this baby home healthy in 9 months time. How are you doing?

I totally understand you and feel your pain. My sister just found out she was pregnant for the second time, first was a chemical. It’s so hard when people fall so easily. I am the same as you, so happy because I love my sisters but you can't help but feel the sadness that we have been ttc for so long. The closer it gets to beautiful Tallulahs due date the harder it is. My littlest sister has similar struggles to me and she unfortunately isn't in the position I am to be able to afford fertility help. I am sure she has PCOS just like me and I have chosen to help her while I am on my journey. My OB prescribed me 5 repeats of Letrozole and I have given one of those scripts to her. I hope to give her the chances I have had which helped me get my 2 little boys and my angel Tallulah. We are both taking it at the same time, she is 10 days ahead in her cycle. I am praying this helps her and myself and we can both get our little babies. My other sister doesn't have these same struggles and is fortunate to get pregnant trying for the first time and she is now about 7 weeks. She had one chemical and her partner went crazy, thinking she had done something wrong and now reading a bunch of stuff of what she shouldn't be doing. No eating cheeses and what not. It kind of makes me laugh because he has no idea that many women have struggled through such circumstances and much worse. I dread to think of his opinion of why I have lost so many and the latest at 17 weeks. Makes me kind of uncomfortable to be around him. I hope my sisters pregnancy goes well and she never finds herself having to deal with what Aurelia (youngest sister) and Myself have to go through.

I really hope your sister and yourself get your healthy, sticky bfps together. That would be so amazing for you both and I hope it’s really soon. Sending so much love and positive vibes to you both

Sorry about that first part about hoping your time was coming. I got confused with who I was replying to #-o I’ve just edited it. I’m doing ok i think. Still so bloody nervous. I’m trying not to test too much as I just freak myself out if the lines are fainter than the ones before. Af is due today or tomorrow and I’m hoping my lines are ok for where I am. I won’t register with midwives until I get a 3+ on a digital and I won’t try for that for another week or so. Really praying hard I get it and I get to bring this baby home healthy in 9 months time. How are you doing?

I really hope your sister and yourself get your healthy, sticky bfps together. That would be so amazing for you both and I hope it’s really soon. Sending so much love and positive vibes to you both

Haha that's ok. It's confusing replying to multiple people on here. Its probably best not too test to much. I'm so anxious and I'm testing so much but it can freak you out at times. I'm going to keep testing until I get a dye stealer on a cheapie I think. I've booked an early scan for 20th May when I'll be 7 weeks and 3 days. I'm so scared there'll be no baby again like last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->