August loss support thread - update on page 55

Very strange I wouldn't have expected a line that dark. I guess I'd wait a day or so and test again to see if the tests are getting darker or lighter?

I've read stories where women following a mc have ovulated again n the hcg has been in the thousands- and also read that it's the estrogen and progesterone that prevents ovulation, but no idea how true that is. There doesn't seem to be a clear answer anywhere x

Yeah. I have looked. I have been rephrasing questions in Google lol. Well I have called the doc and requested blood work but I won't know anything until Monday or Tuesday when they decide to get back to me. Why does everything have to happen on a weekend? Lol
I am going to pick up a couple dollar store tests. The ones we have detect at 25. They never gave me a bfp when I was testing before. If those come out dark then I will really question.

What would you ladies say between Clearblue and First Response is the least sensitive test? Include digitals and such. I am looking for something that would not give a positive unless you are say closer to the 100 range. I chose those two because I am in Canada and they are the only 2 brands we have in common found in stores.

Those are really dark lines Aayla, how strange! Hope it's somehow your next BFP, but I have no explanation for it! I'd say the clearblue are the least sensitive tests, or they always have been for me anyway. I've only used clearblue digital or first response early result though, as well as Internet cheapies.

Sweety hope you're ok, I agree with Lora you'll know when you feel 100% ready to try again, we're all different. I just don't want to wait at all, but if I hadn't had my DD straight after my first loss, I'd probably worry a lot that I could have a mc by trying straight away. Now I've had two losses that were just random I don't think it matters when I try, I just don't feel as though I have any time to waste anymore.

So this is just over an hour hold and I did have a grand coffee not too far off. I am now starting a 3-4 hour hold as I was able to get some opk's. Will be taking another test then as well.
The pic was taken just after 5 min mark. It took that long for the dye to settle. Line is light but there and it is more noticeable in person. These have a sensitivity of 25 Miu. It says it right on the box.

Attachments

• 20150919_172409.jpg
    20150919_172409.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
Did another test. 3 hour hold. Total stark white BFN. Hmmm. Will test with fmu tomorrow. Opk was technically negative.

Wow, just shows the difference in tests xx

Yeah I am more confused now. We shall see what the morning brings.

So with fmu (same dollar store tests) to the untrained eye, at the 5 min mark, it is bfn. But I see the barest faintest shadow of a line. Especially in daylight outside. As the test has sat I can see it a bit more. If I were ttc and wanting the bfp this would make me obsessive to test again and probably wouldn't show in a pic. (one of those lines lol) For me I have never had evaps on these. So it looks like I still have a bit of hcg in there but not enough any more to make these go really positive.
I wonder if the frer I took was super sensitive (say around 6miu) and would activate at a lower number, say compared to the first frers I took. So my amount (guessing around 20-25) would make it go super dark.
Will update the doc tomorrow but I am still getting blood drawn as soon as possible.
I have one more test left and will test again in the morning. See if the same shadow line shows up or if it finally goes bfn.
As much as I would like to think the weirdest miracle happened (close to immaculate conception) and I am pregnant again I know that isn't the case. and I'm cool with that. Right now I would love for it to be bfn so I can get in to the doc and get done what needs to be done before my next af. I don't want to miss the cycle.

Hey ladies. So I decided to start using opk's just to see. So the first pic is of yesterday's. Obviously negative. Well today is cd16. The same cycle day I got my smiley face. Second pic is of today's opk. Pg tests were slightly positive yesterday but yet a negative opk but today I would say closer to negative (shadow of a line) and now a very big positive it looks like. The positive came up dark right away. 2 hour old as per directions.

Opinions?

Attachments

• 20150920_175903.jpg
    20150920_175903.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20150920_180256.jpg
    20150920_180256.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1
Bubbles and Lora, thanks for your support.

Bubbles, I totally understand how you must be feeling about two random losses. It makes total sense to start ttc right away in your case.

Aayla, wow. That's really confusing. I really don't use OPK or anything just chart my temps so can't comment on it. But, hopefully you willget your answers soon.

O pains are in progress and bbt is down. I am feeling totally alright now and will let my body decide when it is ready for ttc again.

Aayla that's extremely confusing :( I don't have much advice either I think your best bet is to just wait for the bloods to see what's going on! Hope they get in touch soon x

Sweety I'm glad you got dtd out of the way! We still haven't, and I don't want to try yet either but I'm unsure as to whether I take the pill or whatever til the tests are negative -.-

Bleedings completely stopped I just keep getting jelly like discharge? Like a plug but not much of it, it's a brownish colour like the bleeding has been recently. Weird?

Where is everybody at now? (I struggle to keep up!) I hope your all ok :hugs:

That's so confusing Aayla! Can the doctor give you any advice?

I got a bit of jelly like mucous towards the end too Amytrisha so fingers crossed that's the last of it for you.

I've had pains left of my belly button tiday and yesterday for a few hours. Doesn't feel like it's my ovary though, but confused.

Sounds bad but sorta hoping it's not implantation - promised myself I'd wait a cycle so that I could give my body time to build up folic acid and get back on an even footing, it feels so off kilter at the mo! X

I had the mucousy brown tinged discharge towards the end of the bleeding Amytrisha- hope it's signalling the end for you.

Afm- I'm 5 weeks post loss today and in the tww- I'll be testing Wednesday but I feel out so We will be properly Ttc next cycle x

last dollar store pregnancy test was negative. I haven't heard from the doc yet but I will be asking for blood work. My new concern is that the opk picked up on what is left of any hcg in my system. I have read it has to be quite high for an opk to do that but I am still left wondering. It's like I just can't give myself the hope that I O'd on my own. I'm also wondering if my progesterone next week (7dpo) will be affected by my miscarriage or does that go down to proper levels quickly.
I wish I had been temping this whole weekend but I forgot my thermometer at home when I went to house sit for my mom. She didn't even have a basic one to use. I was able to get it last night so I am hoping that tomorrow morning will see a surge.

lol. Just got the call from the doc. They said no to the blood work. but they said it's not uncommon so soon after passing everything to get a very positive test. But she said that because I am getting negative tests now that it looks like everything is settling. If I have any more heavy bleeding I am to call them and then to call them on Oct 2 with my hpt result for that day. But since I may be ovulating today I may wait on that because that is day 28 and would only be 11dpo and I wouldn't get a positive until at least 13 (going off of last cycle anyway). and I'm kinda not wanting to test until af is late. I was only 4 days late when I miscarried. If I hadn't tested early I likely would not have known.

But it's running the risk that I will miss next cycle to be on femara because I am supposed to go in for a biopsy (for a previous issue) if it's negative and that takes time to get the appt and then get the results to give me the go ahead.

Aayla I'm so sorry for your loss, :hugs: I've no advice about your tests unfortunately hoping your have some answers soon 😀

Loraloo... How are you holding up in the TWW?

I've not tested yet! My frers came today. I want to hold out Til wed but think I'll cave and test tomorrow- how about you?

Thanks. It is just a wait and see. I am hoping to get a spike in my temp tomorrow morning. That may gwt FF to give cross hairs. And I will be going in next Monday for the 7dpo progesterone test. I have an ongoing requisition for that so I don't have to beg the doc for it.

Loraloo- ooh testing time. If no one else minds I hope we see pics. Even through this al I love looking at pics of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->