August loss support thread - update on page 55

Huge hugs Lora xx

I'm on day one, AF finally came today after just over five weeks so I can't wait to start trying.

Do you think we can share our ttc journeys on here together or best to keep it elsewhere just in case others aren't ready?

Not sure about everyone else but I'd like to see everyone's TTC journey whether it be here or elsewhere, not been here long but this thread is fab :)

We've finally chosen one of our songs for Leilas funeral. We are going to exit the chapel to Carrie Underwood's "See You Again" So that's our first decision made! Finally finding it in ourselves to do it :)

Xx

Hey kakae sorry for your loss. I was thinking the same thing about should we talk about TTC on this thread. I want to, but I know everyone has different feelings. If anyone wants to look I just posted something on the pregnancy tests section any advice would be appreciated xx

I'm okay with it but if even one person isn't then we shouldn't. And if you are not okay with it please speak up. We can always create a group in TTC after loss and everyone is more than welcome to come on over and speak, lurke or whatever.

Aayla agreed hundred percent 😀 We have all been through horrible situations and we have been here for each other and I really want to keep us all together. FX this thread or other thread we make will be a lucky one 😀

I'd be happy to share TCC journey too, if everyone else is ok with it?

We are still waiting on CD1 of the next cycle and will try properly from then x

Sunshine, in all honesty I have no idea how the ovulation tests work so I can't help you there.. I've never used them. Is there any chance that you could of ovulated before a day or two before the Saturday when you tested? Or do they go completely blank once you've ovulated?
But either way, in my opinion, if your cycles are always regular on a 26/28 day cycle then I'd a left af to be here in next 14 days if not.. Then maybe do a pregnancy test? 😁

And work is alright to be honest, everyone's stopped with the bitching now. & my manager was fab with me, which is all that matters to me. OH, yeah he's been loads better now.. It's me that's been abit arsey with him now, as seeing my duty manager with her new grandson broke me. Then someone else's daughter at work is pregnant. Just brings back horrible memories.

And to everyone else, I'd really like to share our TTC journeys in here too :)

Infact, can someone talk me through OPKs? Do you test every day? When in the day do you test? How can you tell a positive? Like some of you have mentioned a "faint positive".. Does that mean you're due to ovulate but you're not yet? Can you buy the cheapie ones from shops or just eBay?

I hope these questions are understandable & sorry if I sound thick haha.. I just have no idea cx

I'd like to share TTC journeys in here too if ok with everyone else.

I thought my OPKs were finally starting to head towards positive a few days ago, and saw the start of EWCM, so managed to persuade DH to BD the last two days, but the OPKs look blank again today so I could still be miles off. I seem to be having real mixed signs, and no idea where I actually am cycle wise! I hate the idea I've got BD in that end up not being well timed at all. Also, sorry if TMI but does anyone else get confused over what is actually EWCM and what is leftover from DH when you've been BD if you get what I mean?!

Infact, can someone talk me through OPKs? Do you test every day? When in the day do you test? How can you tell a positive? Like some of you have mentioned a "faint positive".. Does that mean you're due to ovulate but you're not yet? Can you buy the cheapie ones from shops or just eBay?

I hope these questions are understandable & sorry if I sound thick haha.. I just have no idea cx

do you have any idea whereabouts in your cycle you usually ovulate? I think it depends how long your cycle is as to when you start testing, but I usually test once a day at first, then once the tests start showing a darker line I test two or three times a day to try catch the positive. The test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line to be a positive, but they seem to show almost blank to start with then start to show darker lines as you get nearer your positive. The instructions with mine say to hold your pee around 4 hours and not drink much so your pee isn't too dilute, but mine seem to work ok if I just hold it for 2 hours. You're best to test in the afternoon and not using FMU, although I usually get my positives late evening around 9pm.
I buy batches of the cheapies on eBay, I think you can also get them on Amazon, I've never seen them in the shops.

do you have any idea whereabouts in your cycle you usually ovulate? I think it depends how long your cycle is as to when you start testing, but I usually test once a day at first, then once the tests start showing a darker line I test two or three times a day to try catch the positive. The test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line to be a positive, but they seem to show almost blank to start with then start to show darker lines as you get nearer your positive. The instructions with mine say to hold your pee around 4 hours and not drink much so your pee isn't too dilute, but mine seem to work ok if I just hold it for 2 hours. You're best to test in the afternoon and not using FMU, although I usually get my positives late evening around 9pm.
I buy batches of the cheapies on eBay, I think you can also get them on Amazon, I've never seen them in the shops.

To be honest, I've really no idea when I ovulate. My cycles are always regular, always have been... 28 day cycle. I've been quite lucky in my past two pregnancies and got caught pregnant on first month of trying. But I've a feeling it's going to take longer this time, I don't know why... But something is telling me up try OPKs.
Going to have a look on Amazon now for some

I feel It's is fair to share our journey here since we have already shared our little part of life here. After sadness happy news would be good.
But, of course if anyone have problem we can go to ttc forum.

Btw, we might need a poll or atleast names who all are in here. It will be easier to count everyone's opinion.

Glad you're ok, Mrsmac xx

Loraloo, thank you for sharing those pictures, looks like you made it a very special goodbye :hugs: When I read your post about the bad smelling tissue you passed and the tummy pains, my first thought was to suggest a visit to the doctor. Did you hear back from your GP?

Kandl, thanks for asking about the OPKs. I was also wondering how to use them. Before I got my last BFP I was going to start using them on the next cycle. I think I will leave it and try in the next couple of cycles. I'm interested to see how you get on with them.

I was also wondering about the TTC conversation. I'm happy to have that discussed here, in fact I'm pretty excited to see each of you getting your rainbows!

Things are going better for me (or perhaps I'm seeing things more positively now?).I am getting a new washing machine tomorrow, no quibbles and didn't have to argue with the manufacturers. I went to an open day for the volunteering project I'm hoping to join and got to speak to some volunteers. I have my interview next week so it's all a step closer to getting my qualification in January! Just feel like everything is getting easier again. I've pretty much ruled this month out TTC, so just focussing on next cycle now :)

Glad things are looking better for you joo. Good luck for your interview too :). Looks like there's a few of us in October cycle ttc then :).

Sweety, I think a poll sounds good.. Can anyone add one? I'm always on my phone

I thought my af was on its way today.. Earlier when if been to the lol, there was a very light pink tinge on the tissue.. Same again a second time. Just been now & nothing :shrug:?

Joo- yes I did, she booked me in for an appt yest , Dr felt my tummy n said he couldn't feel anything but has referred me for a scan, the appt will come through post.

Have been at a wedding today so will just catch up on posts now- hope everyone's ok? Xx

To be honest, I've really no idea when I ovulate. My cycles are always regular, always have been... 28 day cycle. I've been quite lucky in my past two pregnancies and got caught pregnant on first month of trying. But I've a feeling it's going to take longer this time, I don't know why... But something is telling me up try OPKs.
Going to have a look on Amazon now for some

That's a good start then, a regular cycle! Mine are so annoying, really miss my regular 28 days but they disappeared as soon as I started TTC!

You probably ovulate somewhere between CD12 and 16, so maybe start the OPKs from around day 10?

Lora are you feeling well generally? Hope your appointment comes quick and it ends up sorting itself by then anyway.

Joo - glad things are looking up for you, it's awful when it feels like everything is going wrong.

I've just started to feel a bit better in general today, but don't want to speak too soon in case I end up having sudden down days again like before. I think I really needed the time off work so glad I got that sorted, and will hopefully get back into that next week. And hopefully will have actually O'd by the time I go back so won't have to worry about missing it.

Bit random but does anyone else have bad skin after their loss? I think my skin must be quite sensitive to hormone changes, it always looks terrible when I'm pregnant, I don't know where this pregnancy glow thing comes from but it certainly doesn't happen to me, my hair and skin were terrible with DD. My skin started getting bad with my BFP this time but after the mc it has just got awful, spots all around my jawline. Makes me feel horrid.

As per opk's:

You usually start using them about 4 days prior to suspected ovulation. Most of them say not to use fmu and the best time to test is between 10am and 8pm. When I got my positive I tested with smu and got a negative and tested again at 7pm (on 3-4 hour hold) the same day and got my positive.

The test line is to be as dark or darker than the control line. There is technically no such thing as a faint positive. We have LH in our system at all times, at varying amounts. Most women will always get 2 lines on the test.

The issue with opk's is that they can go positive and you may still not ovulate. Sometimes the body surges to ovulate but the egg isn't released. The only way to confirm this is with monitoring your temps at the same time. If no surge, and consistent high temps then no ovulation. If you still have hcg in your system it can go positive. So it is usually best to start using them the cycle after a mc and not before your first af. I had this happen unfortunately.

Hey ladies!

How is everyone doing? We are on very different time zones so I never know when your days end/begin compared to mine. As I write this it is 9:48pm on Friday Sept 25th. I am in Canada on pacific standard time, btw.

Things are looking up here. We signed the lease, paid the rent and got the keys to our new place. We move tomorrow afternoon. And just as I made the decision to be a teacher I found out that I got accepted into the Associate of Arts - Future Teachers program at my local college. I had applied ages ago but they had the wrong email address so I only just found out. So awesome and I am so excited.

I have had 2 full days with no spotting. I'm glad this is done. Now to just do another test to be sure the hcg is gone. I never thought there would come a day where I would want a negative test. :haha:

Lora: somehow I missed the roses post. Thank you for thinking of all us. the roses are beautiful. I hope everything gets figured out soon for you.

Bubbles: I had bad skin as a pregnancy symptom. Oh man was it oily. I could run my finger down my face and it was almost wet. My hair is so greasy that I absolutley must wash it everyday. Usually I can get away with going one day but now it's so gross. I figured out that the so called glow is just oily sheen :haha: I am still getting it. It went away for a bit but now it's back. It had me curious but I just think it's my hormones being nutty due to the mc.

Kandl: it could be af and you are just spotting prior. I will have 1 or 2 days prior to flow that are just tinges on paper. How early is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->