August loss support thread - update on page 55

It really does suck! I have no advice for you as this is my first too. I can't wait for the physical part to be over i.e the blood :(. Every bathroom trip is just a constant reminder and it just breaks my heart. Does anyone know roughly how long it lasts? hugs everyone.

I think with my previous loss I bled for around 2 weeks, stopped for 2 weeks then bled for a couple of days, then got Af 2 weeks later.
It was 3 years ago though so hope I'm remembering correctly. I was 18 weeks that time.
It really is just a constant reminder isn't it?

They never mentioned anything about scanning. We're off to Scotland mon-fri, if they're still positive I'll book an appt for when I get back. It's more frustrating than anything. Feel like my body failed me once and now it's not doing what it's supposed to again!

I'm in Glasgow LoraLoo! If you're worried while you're here, the EPU at the southern general hospital would probably see you x

Sorry for TMI, just passed what looks like gray peice of tissue, not sure if that could be the sac or lining or what? I just emailed my doctor as I have never done this naturally and not sure what to expect. This sucks!!!!

Me too hun, had strong cramps and lost some really big clots then a big ball of grey ish tissue. I've just spoken to EPU and they said it sounds like the sac and that clotting should decrease going forward and then it'll just be red blood for a while after that. Hopefully that's the worst of it over. Was the most awful sensation and I felt really wobbly afterwards (think it was because I had a big gush of blood shortly before it) x

They never mentioned anything about scanning. We're off to Scotland mon-fri, if they're still positive I'll book an appt for when I get back. It's more frustrating than anything. Feel like my body failed me once and now it's not doing what it's supposed to again!

I'm in Glasgow LoraLoo! If you're worried while you're here, the EPU at the southern general hospital would probably see you x

Thank you- I think I'll jot the number down just In case x

Vicky - I started spotting on Tuesday late afternoon and I think I've passed the sac today. I was doing some fairly vigorous housework to try and get things moving and it seems to have worked.

Sweety - I had some grey/beige ish stingy cm Monday before I got some brown tinged spotting on Tuesday late on. It went red Wednesday/Thursday and I think I've passed the most of it in the last hour.

Sending you all lots of hugs, it's really unpleasant xx

Sorry for TMI, just passed what looks like gray peice of tissue, not sure if that could be the sac or lining or what? I just emailed my doctor as I have never done this naturally and not sure what to expect. This sucks!!!!

Me too hun, had strong cramps and lost some really big clots then a big ball of grey ish tissue. I've just spoken to EPU and they said it sounds like the sac and that clotting should decrease going forward and then it'll just be red blood for a while after that. Hopefully that's the worst of it over. Was the most awful sensation and I felt really wobbly afterwards (think it was because I had a big gush of blood shortly before it) x

The thing is it was relatively painless, barely any cramps, so I feel like that would be too good to be true to be the sac, but I hope it was, honestly!

Thank you- I think I'll jot the number down just In case x

It's 0141 201 2331. They're really great and will try their hardest to see you that day x

The thing is it was relatively painless, barely any cramps, so I feel like that would be too good to be true to be the sac, but I hope it was, honestly!

I had some strong cramps before it but nothing at the actual time i passed it. I've not found the pain bad at all if I'm honest, I think I've been quite lucky. I got a whole box of codeine off the doctor in case it got bad!

They should of definitely booked you a rescan for a week or so later LoraLoo, I'd definitely book one when you can xx

Thanks ladies I'm hoping it will be over soon for all of us (the physical part) loraloo I really hope you get a re scan.

Gosh ladies I only posted yesterday evening and I come back today and so many of you have posted. I'm sitting here crying as I'm reading ur posts and I'm so very very sorry for all ur losses each and every one and that some of u are yet to go through it xx mine ended yesterday lunchtime and was a natural loss with 18 hours of contractions, pain and clots and the physical thing is just such an awful thing to go through after emotionally losing a baby. During it I was so irrationally angry with my honey I felt he didn't understand and he thought I was locked in the toilet gently bleeding the loss away - yeah right! I think they just don't get it because no one can comprehend how awful a miscarriage is both physically and emotionally unless u have been through it. That is why this thread is such a life saver xx

Loraloo I remember reading your story when I was here trying/pregnant with my first. So sorry for your losses xx

For what it's worth my bleeding was light and lasted only a week after my erpc. You ladies are much braver than I am, I was just too scared to miscarry naturally even though I gave birth with no pain relief!

I wouldn't have a clue what my hormones are doing! I feel ok though, just waiting for AF I guess. Although we are NTNP right now.

Is everyone else wanting to try again asap? My nurse advised me to wait 3 cycles but stressed it doesn't matter, it's only for dating purposes and feeling better emotionally. xx

Loraloo I remember reading your story when I was here trying/pregnant with my first. So sorry for your losses xx

For what it's worth my bleeding was light and lasted only a week after my erpc. You ladies are much braver than I am, I was just too scared to miscarry naturally even though I gave birth with no pain relief!

I wouldn't have a clue what my hormones are doing! I feel ok though, just waiting for AF I guess. Although we are NTNP right now.

Is everyone else wanting to try again asap? My nurse advised me to wait 3 cycles but stressed it doesn't matter, it's only for dating purposes and feeling better emotionally. xx

I'm the opposite- the thought of surgery terrifies me!
We are going to start Ttc as soon as we can, but I won't lie I feel terrified.

Is anyone else feeling tired? Hubby finishes work early on Fridays so I came for a 'lie down' at 2pm- only just woke up!

Yes, I am - I feel utterly wiped this afternoon. I think it's to do with how much bleeding I've had!

I honestly hope I never have to go through this ever again :( x

Doctor told me to go on iron supplements last time as I bled for weeks. Maybe try that and see if it helps you girls?

Yes, I am - I feel utterly wiped this afternoon. I think it's to do with how much bleeding I've had!

I honestly hope I never have to go through this ever again :( x

Biggest hugs hun- it's truly horrific. I hope your bleeding slows a little and that you can get some rest too x

Gosh ladies I only posted yesterday evening and I come back today and so many of you have posted. I'm sitting here crying as I'm reading ur posts and I'm so very very sorry for all ur losses each and every one and that some of u are yet to go through it xx mine ended yesterday lunchtime and was a natural loss with 18 hours of contractions, pain and clots and the physical thing is just such an awful thing to go through after emotionally losing a baby. During it I was so irrationally angry with my honey I felt he didn't understand and he thought I was locked in the toilet gently bleeding the loss away - yeah right! I think they just don't get it because no one can comprehend how awful a miscarriage is both physically and emotionally unless u have been through it. That is why this thread is such a life saver xx

I'm so sorry you haven't had much support from your OH. I'm not sure I'd have got through it alone. I do think some men can find it difficult to understand not just the physical but emotional pain we go through. I imagine he really doesn't know the best way to support you right now.
Even though my hubby's my rock there are times I have to spell out what I need from him x

Wow it's so sad that there's so many of us going through this at the same time. I'm scheduled in for Wednesday for a d&c and a surgery to remove a now grapefruit sized cyst on my ovary. She compared it to my ectopic surgeries, so hoping for a speedy recovery. Sorry I haven't read through everything yet. Mrsmac02 I hope your bleeding stops soon and you can go on with your life. I don't have any plans to ttc again anytime soon as dd us only 4 months old. I want to focus on her.

Oh Mod, as if mc wasn't bad enough. I've had a cyst removed though and it's fairly simple surgery so hopefully you make a quick recovery.

I'm torn between waiting and trying again soon. Without knowing what the cause was (poor egg quality or hormone imbalance) I'm not sure if I should focus on my health first.

I'm overweight (about 18lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant with DS) but I'm already 34. If I leave it too long, I will probably struggle even more.

I guess I just need to get through this first!

I'll try the iron tablets, thanks for the tip x

Hi joo I'm freaked out by mc yesterday but I am counting yesterday as CD1 & going to order some ic tests to test out hcg and some OPK's to see if I ovulate this month. At the moment I change my mind hourly as to whether I can keep ttc - at 43 almost 44 my time is definitely running out .... 😨

MrsMac for what it's worth hun in my opinion 34 is a spring chicken in ttc terms 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->