Cysters

Thanks for the welcome!

Today is CD 1. I have my baseline scan on Wednesday, and I will be starting Follistim and Menopur then as well. Praying this will be my cycle!

Firstly, I'm obsessed with this etsy seller: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SpotLightJewelry
---
Secondly, I'm CD 71 today....:coffee:

STILL have to go get some Vitex but haven't had a chance -soooo busy.

I just don't know what to do about my long cycles other than hope the Vitex can regulate me. (Almost more than TTC, I just want to be more regular.)

Due to low enrollment in December, Dh might get less work next month. So we don't really have a lot of extra $$ laying around for me to go to Planned Parenthood, but I am going absolutely NUTS. :cry:

----

On a brighter note, Dh and I's 1-yr anniversary is coming up already. :laugh2:

And P.S. if I haven't been posting a lot lately, the not getting pregnant thing is really getting me down so I'm trying to limit B&B time. :dohh:

Congrats on a year together!

One day i'm gonna hit the loto and than i'm not gonna have to worry about money anymore yeah right..

I'm with ya on the being depressed cause you can't do the treatments. I was suppose to start acupuncture only to find out i can't or I'll break out in huge open sores from the needles :( and if I want it i better be ready to fork out 2k for gold plated needles.

Congrats on a year together!

One day i'm gonna hit the loto and than i'm not gonna have to worry about money anymore yeah right..

I'm with ya on the being depressed cause you can't do the treatments. I was suppose to start acupuncture only to find out i can't or I'll break out in huge open sores from the needles :( and if I want it i better be ready to fork out 2k for gold plated needles.

Ugh that sucks.

Not to go political but I'm so tired of health care being so hard to come by in the US. I really am.

DH works, but the insurance they just started to offer is $500+/month, which we can't afford. We can't get any state help either because we don't have children....:dohh:

...Dh is up for promotion any time, but the budget approvals are in Feb, etc...just feels like you push so hard and never get anywhere.

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

i'm very fortunate that i am under 26 so I am still on my parents health insurance and dh is almost 100% service connected through the va which means I will get free health insurance through them.

But i have a funny story to cheer you girls up I told my husband today who is military and fire rescue, When I think about :sex: I always have this image in my head of his :spermy: as little green army men that are headed off to war with their little guns and spears :gun:. Well today we started using egg whites to help :spermy: reach their target mission. So the egg soon became the humvee and the soft cup soon got named the base. We were laughing because if we ever do have children we should never use these analogies because we can just imagine our little boy coming to us in pain and than trying to explain to the doctor why our child put little green army men into his fire hose like his daddy has

Rin- Congrats on a year of marriage! I understand about the need to take time away from BnB sometimes. I find I get more obsessive about TTC the more time I spend on here...which lately is more and more! LOL. :haha:

I'm thankful to have pretty good insurance but unfortunately it doesn't cover infertility. It's a shame that it has to be such a struggle to try to pay to conceive for some people. It seems so unfair that insurance companies can just NOT cover something like infertility. This will actually be my last cycle going to the RE and actively TTC for awhile because of the fact that I can't afford any more treatments!! I could ask for Clomid or something which is cheap, but paying out of pocket for monitoring which I think my RE would want to do would add up.

Hangin_On- That's hilarious! :haha:

Ive still been watching this site but still hav nothing to update asi have my first appointment for my pcos next friday. il hopelly no mre then but still sending you all babydust xxxx

Hey ultrasound went alright. I am 8 days late and got a :bfn: last night. Very disappointed!

Went out to dinner with the in-laws for our anniversary last night. MIL was saying she "Knew a girl who stopped taking her BCP and got pregnant right away, but they didn't think she could.", and when I mentioned my irregular cycles (3-4/yr!) she asked me if I was taking any vitamins. :coffee:

I guess people who don't have trouble TTC just don't get it. I sat there and smiled through it, though inside I was feeling pretty down. :dohh:

Did I mention it was a huge restaurant/giftshops place decorated for Christmas, so there were a ton of little ones toddling around...:haha:

I think she meant well, she doesn't know how long we've been NTNP/TTC.

It was like she was trying to warn us- "Oh be careful with birth control, when you stop using it, you could get pregnant....oh your cycles are irregular, are you taking your vitamins?"...but we've been NTNP over a yr with nothing, not even a scare. Dh and I were trying to play it cool, but it was hard to not smirk at each other.

The fumy thing is she's a nurse.

But I could have worse MILs and she is a very nice lady, just a little spacey. :)

Hey ultrasound went alright. I am 8 days late and got a :bfn: last night. Very disappointed!

I know how u feel hun. im ten dayz late and BFN all the way :-( im just keeping my fingers crossed til af shows up. Good luck im keeping my fingers crossed for all of us and baby dust to alll xxxxxx

I haven't been avoiding you ladies I just have to force myself to stay away from bnb sometimes. I feel so down. I try so hard to stay optimistic but this is killing me. I talked to my aunt's sister (it's weird but we are very close, almost like she's another aunt) yesterday and she was telling me about how hard it has been for her. She has PCOS too and has been trying for years. She is 36 now and she was just told by her doctor that she isn't eligible for the infertility study she was trying to participate in. She has tapped out her finances on invitro and other infertility treatments and she is so heartbroken. She was in tears telling me this and it broke my heart. She said that she feels like it is hopeless for her but she wants to do anything she can to help me. Her and I and my aunt are going to start dieting together and we are training for a 5k in the summer. We are hoping that focusing on weight loss will help us keep our minds off ttc (fat chance) and help our bodies become more healthy for carrying a baby. I am having a really hard time. I can't stop crying and I feel like such a failure. I went to my husband's cousin's house and her sister was smoking while she was telling us that she's pregnant. It took everything in me not to fall apart right then. I try not to have pity parties but I can't help it sometimes.

I am praying for all of you so much! Keep your heads up.

I haven't been avoiding you ladies I just have to force myself to stay away from bnb sometimes. I feel so down. I try so hard to stay optimistic but this is killing me. I talked to my aunt's sister (it's weird but we are very close, almost like she's another aunt) yesterday and she was telling me about how hard it has been for her. She has PCOS too and has been trying for years. She is 36 now and she was just told by her doctor that she isn't eligible for the infertility study she was trying to participate in. She has tapped out her finances on invitro and other infertility treatments and she is so heartbroken. She was in tears telling me this and it broke my heart. She said that she feels like it is hopeless for her but she wants to do anything she can to help me. Her and I and my aunt are going to start dieting together and we are training for a 5k in the summer. We are hoping that focusing on weight loss will help us keep our minds off ttc (fat chance) and help our bodies become more healthy for carrying a baby. I am having a really hard time. I can't stop crying and I feel like such a failure. I went to my husband's cousin's house and her sister was smoking while she was telling us that she's pregnant. It took everything in me not to fall apart right then. I try not to have pity parties but I can't help it sometimes.

I am praying for all of you so much! Keep your heads up.

I can totally relate to you, I'm really sorry you're having such a hard time - and your aunt's sister :hugs: It's so hard sometimes to even try and keep positive, I understand the need to stay away sometimes and have a break. I hope you both get your babies, I think concentrating on a project or healthy lifestyle is a good idea. I myself am trying to get healthier and conceive with PCOS - PCOS be damned! I'm trying to up my exercise in the home and take my dog out more...
I hope you feel more yourself soon and hopefully we can help you :hugs:

I know how u feel hun. im ten dayz late and BFN all the way :-( im just keeping my fingers crossed til af shows up. Good luck im keeping my fingers crossed for all of us and baby dust to alll xxxxxx
We are the same amount of days late! I'm 12 days late now... It's really confusing me. Kinda been high stress around here lately and usually that brings af. But nothing! I'm waiting for the doc to call me back! Hopefully before thanksgiving!! This is driving me CRAZY:wacko:!!

Hi everyone! I'm Teri, and I'm 36 years old. My hubby is Anton and he's 30 and we've been married since April 2010. We've been ttc since I went off the pill in June 2010, however not only wasn't I ovulating, I also wasn't having a period. After much struggle with an OB that I didn't feel comfortable with, I found a new OB who sent me to an endocrinologist. My endocrinologist diagnosed me with PCOS in August and put on metformin to help regulate my insulin resistance. Since then I've made huge lifestyle changes - went onto a low GI diet cutting out almost all sugar and bad carbs, getting treatment for my psoriasis after 15+ years of avoiding the topic, finding out that I have bone spurs in both feet and working on correcting that, starting exercise, changing over to organic toothpaste/deodorant/shampoo/conditioner, changing to a metal water bottle and staying away from plastics for water/food, etc - and have lost 46 pounds.

My body is showing definite signs that these things are having a positive effect, by giving me a day and a 1/2 of heavy bleeding that came on it's own rather then brought on by prometrium or provera, and by showing through temps and cm that I probably ovulated this cycle for the first time in well over a year!

Oh and I should note that per my endo's recommendation, I'm also taking fish oil, prenatals, b12 folate, and d3. :)

Hanging_on_AGS - wow! Your 'friend' on the car insurance doesn't really sound like a friend. That's a tough position for her to put you in. You have a lot more patience then I do. >.< I'd check with a new clinic as well. For me the metformin does make me have diarrhea/cramping at times, but it comes and goes fairly quickly. I very much attribute it as a huge help in losing the 46 pounds and the small breakthroughs that I've had in my cycles. One thing I'll note that I think helped me is that my endocrinologist had me build up to the full dose. For the first 2 weeks I took just one pill a day (500mg), the next 2 weeks was 2 pills (1000mg), then 3 and then 4 so that I was at the full dose of 2000mg a day 7 weeks after I started taking it. I've also noticed a pattern in getting diarrhea/cramping after I've eaten something that is high in sugar or bad carbs.

I only read the first couple of pages so far, so I'll catch up with everyone else as I read more. *hugs and baby dust to all*!!

We are the same amount of days late! I'm 12 days late now... It's really confusing me. Kinda been high stress around here lately and usually that brings af. But nothing! I'm waiting for the doc to call me back! Hopefully before thanksgiving!! This is driving me CRAZY:wacko:!!

Yea i no wat u mean. im not doin anymore test cant stand to look at another bfn :-( ive got my first gyno appointment on friday. do you think they will put me on meds straight away or do the do weeks of test ? Im so worried im like ive waited two years already to see that bfp :-( just want it so bad just like all you ladies i am really praying for all of us xxx

Welcome Terri! Thanks for the complement. I had quite a few patience with her and it all ended. I plan on going to a new clinic as soon as i start my new job and get some money again. I start working on wednesday so i'm very thrilled about that, i'll be working at a maternity clothing store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->