Cysters

Quick update- I didn't take any Vitex yesterday, and after a mini-breakdown before bed last night(in which I cried and cried over a sandwich), I'm feeling so much better.

My husband said he could already tell a difference, and so can I.

I am never going near that stuff again!

I'm glad you are feeling better without it! I hope that losing weight gives you that boost in fertility that you need to get your bfp. I do believe it was a contributor to mine, so fingers crossed for you!

Quick update- I didn't take any Vitex yesterday, and after a mini-breakdown before bed last night(in which I cried and cried over a sandwich), I'm feeling so much better.

My husband said he could already tell a difference, and so can I.

I am never going near that stuff again!

I'm glad you are feeling better without it! I hope that losing weight gives you that boost in fertility that you need to get your bfp. I do believe it was a contributor to mine, so fingers crossed for you!

I'm hoping too.

I've always been irregular since I started my period at age 12. Got on the pill at 17 for a quick fix, and now that I've been off it (nearly 2 years, except 1 month last yr), they're exactly the same.

I'm a size 20 now, and they're just as irregular as when I was a size 7, so who knows. :shrug:

As for my periods...I'm wondering if this sounds normal:

My cramps get so bad when I do get my period that I can hardly move, let alone walk, and (sorry if tmi), my flow gets so bad that I gush every time I get up...no over the counter meds can actually stop the pain completely, and I end up taking the recommended daily dose and it BARELY takes the edge off enough I can move around a bit.

I have pain literally from my knees to my belly button, rolling waves of stabbing, throbbing cramps so bad I cry...
(sorry again if tmi) and my lips 'down there' get so swollen, too
. It hurts so much that I even have trouble urinating because it sets off the cramps even worse.

Oh, and I also get diarrhea....:dohh:

I think I'm going to Planned Parenthood as soon as our tax return rolls in...I can't stand not getting a period for months, and have it be so debilitating when I do.

I'm hoping too.

I've always been irregular since I started my period at age 12. Got on the pill at 17 for a quick fix, and now that I've been off it (nearly 2 years, except 1 month last yr), they're exactly the same.

I'm a size 20 now, and they're just as irregular as when I was a size 7, so who knows. :shrug:

My cramps get so bad when I do get my period that I can hardly move, let alone walk, and (sorry if tmi), my flow gets so bad that I gush every time I get up...no over the counter meds can actually stop the pain completely, and I end up taking the recommended daily dose and it BARELY takes the edge off enough I can move around a bit.

I have pain literally from my knees to my belly button, rolling waves of stabbing, throbbing cramps so bad I cry...
. It hurts so much that I even have trouble urinating because it sets off the cramps even worse.

I think I'm going to Planned Parenthood as soon as our tax return rolls in...I can't stand not getting a period for months, and have it be so debilitating when I do.

Have you had them check for anything like pcos or endo? I've read in a lot of places from a bunch of different ladies that endo can cause very painful periods. When you were charting, were you able to determine whether you were ovulating?

There seems to be a lot of feedback out there saying that ladies who were either always regular or irregular but with ovulation found that by either gaining (if they were underweight) or losing weight, they were able to get their bfp. It might be that you are perfectly fertile, but your body doesn't realize it because something to do with the extra weight.

I know exactly what you mean about the weight not affecting the regularity though. I've also been anywhere from a size 8 to a size 24 and my periods have ALWAYS been irregular and in fact were possibly even more irregular when I was at the small end then when I was at the large end!

I'm hoping too.

Have you had them check for anything like pcos or endo? I've read in a lot of places from a bunch of different ladies that endo can cause very painful periods. When you were charting, were you able to determine whether you were ovulating?

There seems to be a lot of feedback out there saying that ladies who were either always regular or irregular but with ovulation found that by either gaining (if they were underweight) or losing weight, they were able to get their bfp. It might be that you are perfectly fertile, but your body doesn't realize it because something to do with the extra weight.

I know exactly what you mean about the weight not affecting the regularity though. I've also been anywhere from a size 8 to a size 24 and my periods have ALWAYS been irregular and in fact were possibly even more irregular when I was at the small end then when I was at the large end!

I've never, ever, had ANYTHING checked. :cry: The only thing I've ever had is a pap, because I trusted my Dr to know if I needed tests...my Dr told me they'd "regulate themselves as I got older" :growlmad:, and by the time I wanted answers, I'd lost my state insurance (I couldn't get it after I turned 19).

I have no insurance (it's 1/3 of DH's check at work, we can't afford it), so for now I'll have to wait til we get our tax return and go to Planned Parenthood.
---
The most annoying thing is I can't do the pill, it affects me EXACTLY the same as vitex did...

In any case, I want/need to lost 75 or so lbs to start out, so I'm focusing on that. :thumbup:

I've never, ever, had ANYTHING checked. :cry: The only thing I've ever had is a pap, because I trusted my Dr to know if I needed tests...my Dr told me they'd "regulate themselves as I got older" :growlmad:, and by the time I wanted answers, I'd lost my state insurance (I couldn't get it after I turned 19).

I have no insurance (it's 1/3 of DH's check at work, we can't afford it), so for now I'll have to wait til we get our tax return and go to Planned Parenthood.
---
The most annoying thing is I can't do the pill, it affects me EXACTLY the same as vitex did...

In any case, I want/need to lost 75 or so lbs to start out, so I'm focusing on that. :thumbup:

I went through EXACTLY that. In fact my doctor way back when told me that the only way to regulate it was going on the pill which I wasn't ready to do. They never once gave me a hint that it could be something else!

While I do believe that the metformin did a lot to help get my hormones back in whack, I think the weight loss also had a ton to do with it! So I'll be right here rooting you on in your weight loss journey. :thumbup:

Just remember as you are working on losing weight not to focus on the number but in making a sustainable lifestyle change. I find when I worry so much about the number I tend to lose less weight then if I realize that I'm human and I'm going to make mistakes AND that I sometimes *need* to have that bit of dessert or that hamburger or whatever. It's not about cutting something out cold turkey, because that rarely works, it's about weaning yourself down to minimal levels and then maybe off of it completely.

It really helped for me to think back and realize that even though I just blew my diet with a cheeseburger, I'd not actually had one in over 2 months whereas at the same time a year before I'd been having them once a week. Things like that ya know?

---

I went through EXACTLY that. In fact my doctor way back when told me that the only way to regulate it was going on the pill which I wasn't ready to do. They never once gave me a hint that it could be something else!

While I do believe that the metformin did a lot to help get my hormones back in whack, I think the weight loss also had a ton to do with it! So I'll be right here rooting you on in your weight loss journey. :thumbup:

Just remember as you are working on losing weight not to focus on the number but in making a sustainable lifestyle change. I find when I worry so much about the number I tend to lose less weight then if I realize that I'm human and I'm going to make mistakes AND that I sometimes *need* to have that bit of dessert or that hamburger or whatever. It's not about cutting something out cold turkey, because that rarely works, it's about weaning yourself down to minimal levels and then maybe off of it completely.

It really helped for me to think back and realize that even though I just blew my diet with a cheeseburger, I'd not actually had one in over 2 months whereas at the same time a year before I'd been having them once a week. Things like that ya know?

Thanks for the support. :hugs:

For now I'm focusing on heathy weight loss. I have an eating disorder which makes it hard- the reason I gained so much this time was because I got to the point where I had to either keep restricting (anorexia) or just ignore food altogether (hence the weight gain).

Before I said screw it and started eating what I wanted, I was taking dance classes, and walking to college. I was also just eating peanut butter.

I've never been diagnosed with anorexia officially, but in high school, I had it BAD. I was down to 500 calories a day. I was a walking zombie, but I went from 220lbs (my weight now) to 125lbs.

In any case, yes, I need to do a lifestyle change...:) I'm working on it, and my husband is the greatest in supporting me.

My problem is being active. I don't eat bad things, I'm just not active.

I used to bellydance. A lot. Classes, performances, everything. I was once well on my way to being a damn good dancer. :haha: I really want to get back to dancing, but I'm ashamed for my old teacher to see me at this weight.:blush:

Hunny what your saying about your periods sounds a lot like Endo. Let me explain how my endo effects my periods.. If i'm lucky and have no cysts rupturing with my period. I cramp on a scale of 1 - 10 a 1000, I spend the first three days of my period in a warm bath tub with dh rubbing my back. Nobody can touch my stomach or sides. I can't wear normal pants ( i wear maternity pants to keep pressure off my stomach). I have to have a blood transfussion or massive iron pills due to the blood loss, so i get major headaches, fatigue and muscle aches.
I either have diarrhea or constipation
I bruise from the internal bleeding. a super tampon for the first few days maybe lasts an hour and a half.

Endo can scar your ovaries and screw up your cycle or so i've been told. My ovaries are still clear.

I wish i had money to send you so you could go get help! I hate painful period I cry to DH why are we doing this. why am i doing this to myself and than the pain gets better and I keep on trucking.

It's been great working at the maternity store. Most everyone that comes in has tried for awhile before they got pregnant.

Keep your head up sweetie! I'm going to interview a new ob/gyn tomorrow i'm hoping this one might be willing to help us

:dust: Love you ladies We can do this!!!

I kinda feel alone now.. Not gonna lie. :( We need more ladies in here since our main ladies are taking a break

Hunny what your saying about your periods sounds a lot like Endo. Let me explain how my endo effects my periods.. If i'm lucky and have no cysts rupturing with my period. I cramp on a scale of 1 - 10 a 1000, I spend the first three days of my period in a warm bath tub with dh rubbing my back. Nobody can touch my stomach or sides. I can't wear normal pants ( i wear maternity pants to keep pressure off my stomach). I have to have a blood transfussion or massive iron pills due to the blood loss, so i get major headaches, fatigue and muscle aches.
I either have diarrhea or constipation
I bruise from the internal bleeding. a super tampon for the first few days maybe lasts an hour and a half.

Endo can scar your ovaries and screw up your cycle or so i've been told. My ovaries are still clear.

I wish i had money to send you so you could go get help! I hate painful period I cry to DH why are we doing this. why am i doing this to myself and than the pain gets better and I keep on trucking.

It's been great working at the maternity store. Most everyone that comes in has tried for awhile before they got pregnant.

Keep your head up sweetie! I'm going to interview a new ob/gyn tomorrow i'm hoping this one might be willing to help us

:dust: Love you ladies We can do this!!!

Super busy this weekend- when I get a spare moment this afternoon I'll write up a reply.

:hugs:

:hi:

I'm patiently sitting it out until my doc appt tomorrow evening to find out how they're going to help me. fingers crossed they do

Sorry I stopped replying. It's been a tough several days for me... I'm back and I'll try to post/respond regularly. I'm hoping that DH and I will be back to ttc in the next week.

@Rin - I totally understand your worries about falling into the same issues you had before with weight and stuff. Hopefully you can get insurance soon and get it checked out. As for the belly dancing teacher and being worried what you think, just go and do it! I'm sure she'll be glad to see you whatever size you are. And you have to start SOMEWHERE you know? *hugs*

I'm sorry. I will check in more often I promise. :)

Let's see....I had a fuzzy navel last night. I don't drink alcohol very often just in case and halfway through my fuzzy navel I had a terrible feeling about drinking it so I didn't finish it. No idea where that feeling came from but I started spotting again this morning so it couldn't have been anything pregnancy related :(

Umm, we met with our nephew's dad and step-mom today and to get his birth certificate, social security card, shot records, and insurance card. We are calling an attorney tomorrow to try to get the guardianship papers started. They are having a power of attorney signed tomorrow to give us medical and educational rights to him. Sooooo, that's good. His "mother" is, as usual, trying to cause drama. Calling children's services every other minute trying to get him taken from us, threatening to hire an attorney and take us to court even though she supposedly can't even afford diapers for her infant and is always posting on freecycle with a sob story asking for handouts because she's a "single mom with no help from anyone" of course, no help from all the welfare she gets, no help from the government paying her bills, buying her groceries, giving her free clothes and toys, ugh. The government is even fixing her car for free. Her kids have spent more time in foster care than in her home because she is neglectful and EVIL but she thinks she is taking us to court. So frustrating. So, in the meantime I have a 3 year old little boy who thinks of me as his mommy who doesn't realize that he may have to go live with someone he hasn't even known most of his life. :(

Rant over

Anyway. I am counting down the days until I can have health insurance because I am out of medicine and my doctor won't let me have any refills unless I come in for a visit which is $85 and we literally only have $5 left and our low fuel light is on and my Husband has to somehow get back and forth to work this week. Definitely not going to the doctor any time soon.

SOOOO, how are you beautiful ladies? Are you feeling optimistic? If not, is there anything you want to discuss?

Hi ladies! Somehow I got unsubscribed from this thread! I probably did it while I was on my phone cause I'm always hitting things I don't mean to hit. :haha:

I had my first IUI yesterday after triggering 2 follies (20mm and 18mm) Friday. The IUI went well and my DH's numbers were excellent, so I'm hoping that ONE of the millions of sperm that got a head start into my uterus will be able to find one of two targets.:haha:

futurbabymaker- That sounds like a terrible situation! That's great that you're able to be there to give your nephew some stability in his life. I hope it all gets worked out!

Mrs.B.- I hope you have a good appointment and get some answers!

Hangin_On_AGS- Did you go to the new OB/GYN yet? I hope it went well if so!

I had such a horrid experience at the doctors on friday it made me cry and i had nightmares bout it afterwards! I'll type it out later

Alright Ladies get ready for the longest post ever!!!

Jackilyn
I'm so sorry grady might get taken back but I honestly don't see if his dad is cooperating and you guys are obviously taking such great care of him how mom has a chance in the world. That's something I fear walking into foster care how will I handle the feeling knowing a child might be taken back away from me to go be reunited with a family that may have done horrible things. So as for now I can only empathize but i bet it just feels like your heart is being torn and two and ripped out and that's never a good feeling. How long has Grady been with you two? You are an amazing person for taking on your nephew and loving him to be your own. and I'm so sorry you guys don't have a ton of money I really wish I could win the lotto and give us all money for the treatments. but DH and I are in the same position. Do you qualify for state insurance by any chance?

NiiNii
Dont feel alone. I hope your doing well fighting your eating disorder from coming back. Like I said before I know how it is. I struggle to stay on course alot of the times and after my doctors appointment i've been struggling alot worse and i've been paying for it. But we are strong beautiful women. and I may of gained some weight but i'll tell you I have never felt healthier eating like i do now. I keep pictures of myself around from my bul days and I see how pale and sickly i looked and now i'm glowing and have color and feel like i have the energy to just enjoy life. So keep your head up girl we're all behind you no matter what!

Dodger
I'm so sorry that's all I can say, I've had 4 and it is the most difficult thing i've ever had to face. and I wish there was more that I could say, but I remember the best thing I ever heared was I'm sorry, Remember you are going to be an amazing mother one day and until than we will take one step at a time together! This is not a mountain you have to climb alone with our support we will make it a mole hill that we will skip over arm in arm.

Mrs. B
I really hope you have a great doctor who will help you. Great doctors are the key to alot of this. Keep us updated on when and how your appointment goes!

Wanting2010

How did the iui feel? I've always wondered. I really hope it worked for you guys. is this your first time trying iui? :dust:

Alright as for the obgyn appointment. I'm sticking on my head phones blaring the music and maybe I can stay slightly calmer than I was when this all went down.

Alright so I get into the room the nurse was super nice and this doctor came highly recommended from a co-worker so i was very hopeful. So i tried to keep a positive mind through out all of this...

Alright so we walks into the room Greg hasn't arrived yet. so it's just me in the room and he says in this super snarky voice, so your here because you wanna have a baby. I said nope i'm here for shits and giggles. He said well let me look at your chart. Ok so how long have you guys been trying. I said 10 months, he said so i see you have a pcos and endometriosis diagnoses, i said yeap. he said so how are your periods I said they are normally pretty regular. Normally 30 days. he said ok have you tried anything to help. I said we've used opks he interupts me and said well with those what are you getting i said 2 out of the 5 months i got positives. He said ok

He than looks at me and says so what's with the dog ( I have a seizure alert service dog for my epilepsy) And I explained he was my seizure alert dog. He looks at me and says well if your epilepsy is that bad how come your not on any anti-epileptic meds.. (i guess he didn't read my chart) I said i am he said you mean the neruontin I said yeap. I've had reactions to everything else so that is the only that works. He said well is that a class b or c And i said i think it's a class d but i might be wrong he's like it's a class c.
( CATEGORY C There are either no adequate studies, either animal or human, or there are adverse fetal effects in animal studies but no available human data. Many medications pregnant women use fall into this category.)

Neurontin has been linked with cleft palates and heart defects but it's been proven that extra folic acid severely reduces these risks.

So he gets snarky again (this is where all doctors get snarky) Have you talked to your neruologist if it's safe for you to be trying to get pregnant. Yeap I talked to him a year ago and again 3 months ago. and we are still good to go.

He looks at greg and says well it's probably you anyway. I thought what the h*11 he is not the one who has the diagnoses of pcos and endo and your going to make him feel like shit and tell him it's his fault????

he than looks back at me and said you know for most woman all it takes is losing 5 or 10 lbs to conceive. I said i've been trying and I've lost alot of fat, but after they put me on a certain anti epileptic med i've never been skinny again it messed me up. (this is very normal of this certain medication) And He said well just walking your little puppy isn't being active.. Oh this is where my screw it all started to kick in. He said you need to get your heart rate above 130 for at least 30 minutes ( this is where i started to think you try and take a 200 lbs working dog for just a little walk, I can't wait to see bravo pull him across the street cause he didn't realize he needed to run. Or i'm sorry please work a day at my job running items around for customers back and forth in retail.

So I told him well I'm very active, and I only eat steamed lean meats and fruits and veggies and since finding out that a glueton free can help pcos have been severly limiting my glueton carbs. I said i came to the conclusion in high school that i was never going to be "normal" in my body type and I was gonna have to work twice as hard to build up enough muscle to keep doing everything I love.

He was kinda speechless at this time and told me I would need to come back on the third day of my period to have my FSH and LH tested to be re diagnosed with pcos again... I'm like seriously... So if i want to go with him that's what i'm gonna have to do.. Needless to say i'm on my way to trying to find another new obgyn. I saw one when I had to go into urgent care a few months ago. and she said she would be willing to see me but she wasn't in the office until this tuesday so i didn't wanna wait but it looks like that's what's gonna happen.

And saturday i woke up from a nightmare where i had triple chins and couldn't even stand on my own i was so obese. I was freaking out!

Oh, wow. I am SO sorry that you had such a horrible experience. That doctor sounds like a huge douchebag! I definitely would try to find a different doctor, one that is actually gonna be helpful instead of being a smart ass and making rude comments! I just can't believe some of the stuff he said to you!! Ridiculous. Some doctors just have NO bedside manner at all which doesn't help when you're already on a hard journey such as TTC. I really hope you're able to find a great doctor!!!

The IUI wasn't bad at all. I was really nervous going in but my RE was great and explained everything thoroughly as he did it. When he inserted the catheter into my cervix it was a little uncomfortable and I began to feel some cramping when he injected the sperm, but it wasn't bad at all. I had light cramping the rest of the day. It amazed me how fast it was- maybe 2 minutes!

He told me to test in 14 days...but I'm planning on testing a bit early. ;) So probably December 22!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->